STUCK ON ONE-SHOT CHALLENGE! No dupes

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by DkJade, Jan 9, 2017.

1. DkJade

DkJade Member

Hello Puzzelers, please help! I am stuck on floor 19/20 extreme decisive battle Zeus & Hera. What is the trick to killing them? I keep knocking them out but, their HP keeps resurrecting to 50%. Oh, and if you have any tips for floor 20, please share that too! I've tried researching the dungeon, but I haven't found any info for this dungeon. Also, if you have a good resource for PAD dungeons, please post. a BIG thank you so much.

2. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Just damage control? Hit them for like 6 million to get by the resolve then kill. You can also bring a delay as their shield goes down sometimes. Or bring an arch demon/Anubis with the counterattack?

Also floor 20 could be 1/3 so be more specific ha

3. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm amazed you can get so far in such a tough dungeon yet you don't know what the resolve mechanic is.

You have to hit Z&H under 50% hp before you can kill them, or they will just keep resurrecting.

4. DkJade

DkJade Member

I hit them close to 0 hp and they resurrect

5. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If between 0 HP and 10% HP, they'll self heal.

You need to kill them when they're below 50% HP. If you try to kill them above 50%, they'll survive with 1 HP (thanks to that RES icon) and then self heal.

Oh, and once below 40% they'll bind your Gods, and then start hitting you for about 93k damage. It's a nasty window to deal with. Delay, poison, or counterattack all work very well to prevent the self heal. If anyone on the team can do direct damage, that also works. Self heal -> hit them for whatever -> now below 50% -> RES icon goes away -> kill

Dungeon:
    http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=2495

(although Zeus/Hera imported portly. Just use the final floor here)
    Zeus Hera:
    http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1256

tanpopo and Seanna like this.
  6. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    No team or padherder box.
    Thread advice is good.
    Hard to advise a specific effect/inherit without knowing more.

Even the tiny chip 99 damage lasers work, anything that nicks below 50. Or nuking then so they heal to 50 and baby chipping them with not-your-modifier miscellaneous offcolor combo if your team hp doesn't mind the hit.

It's safer though, to do the solve with an effect route, and just let counterattack or poison take care of things for easy OHKO navigation.

If you intend to solve with some inherit but screw up and panic mode need to use the card elsewhere in the run up to the end, note that it is possible, depending on the lead and team, to just blow them up so they keeping healing 5-6-7 turns in a row to buy time for the active/inherit to get back up for use.

Seanna likes this.
  7. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    When I first saw that I thought you wrote a haiku lol. Structure's messed up though and too many syllables in the last line.:(

Thread advice is good
    No team or Padherder box
    Hard to advise more

That's better. Not as helpful but still better.:p

Seanna and philsov like this.
  8. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    A student asked: Where is the pathless path?
    The master coughed.
    The student said: So that's it then?
    The master said: I can't even cough without it being interpreted.

Seanna likes this.
  9. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Even worse than last
    Not going to try to fix
    Step up haiku game

Reine likes this.
  10. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    My cow gives less milk,
    now that it has been eaten,
    by puzzle dragons.

Reine and Gr33nDr4g0n like this.
  11. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    So I ate my own dog food and gave this one a Minerva Ilm run after work just a few moments ago.

Overly casual, in that I didn't bother to adjust any of my typical subs or inherits, and didn't bother looking at the dungeon past the light browse from prior reply.

Team was
    Minerva^Hathor - Tsubaki^Saria - Antares^SQ - LGadius^ZetaHydra - Ilm - Ilm

Not looking meant I brought no shield to the 50-50 chance wood Zeus spawns late floor and instakill preemptive damages you. Noms, you slacker... So it goes. I shrugged and continued, as my time is more valuable than rerunning tonight. Any shield would do, I was lazy.

And then I died once because I just shrugged and Ilm board smacked zeusDra off the bat, and got 1 skyfall for a 6 combo, taking him to 45%, where he does his 50 threshold thing and changes to a random color. 60% of the time you resist and are fine, but the other two colors the skill set smack will kill you, assuming unshielded. (I got wood and ate dirt.)

Despite the three turn 8 combo shield from that debacle, I simply healed out the hits, as Minerva Ilm rcv is very good, and then popped another board for the kill.

Actually bothering to run a shield would have saved both spots. (Or the luck to get a no skyfall help 5 combo with first Ilm board would have put to 50-60 zone, which is a "safe" threshold band.)

In retrospect, I also could have been more thoughtful, minerva^hathor gravitied to 75 instead of being frisky, rested at that safe band a few turns, and know-my-damage regular matched to golf chip into 50-60 band, to setup the Ilm board finish. Meh. Sometimes you cha cha real fine, sometimes you slack.

Gadius is a weird base sub. In arena it's useful for Tama floor insurance, here it's just eh, was to hand. Minerva never got used except on zeusDra and was wholly unnecessary when used there, though gravity is fine. I had intended for blue 76% resolve guy but forgot. It's also good but unnecessary on hera and Zeus 50 resolve floor, though more typical to OHKO and tank a resurrection hit and then small match nick from 50 to 48-50, as you resist everything they throw.

Descend refunded a stone, so -1 net for being lazy on both research and crisp play on the ending battle. What you get for board changing and yolo. Though I can live with that as a RaDra evo material tax.

The only eventful points, other than ZeusDra, were stalling a touch on f4 to have SQ inherit delay up for f5 Zhou Yu. Blowing up strips your awakenings dragon guy (antikythera?) early-mid with an Ilm. Battling the resolve water cyber dragon, where I forgot to use my gravity and just chipped him 3-4 turns without any real issue. And popping a rather gratuitous Zeta on late floor color unsafe Indigo.