Suggestions Please. Need new android device

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by mmash, Oct 7, 2018.

1. mmash

mmash Member

User ID:
    mmash
    Ok it doesn't have to be android but lets face it, money wise I doubt apple's the price conscious way to go.

I've been playing pad for almost a year, found a couple 7" kindle fires about 8 months ago and have been logging in and playing on those. They are always plugged in which I believe is why the battery is dead on one of them.

Knowing that, I will assume the battery will die on the 2nd soon too.

FYI I have 3 accounts, one for storage which tbh hasn't really benefited me a lot, that account is on my phone.

So I don't want to break the bank. Hated playing this game on my phone because coop sucks, trying to keep the thing from turning off.

I think I've said all I need to say except I wouldn't even mind a smaller screen. Any suggestions?

Tux likes this.
  2. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA 339,899,271
    PADherder:
    link
    PAD will require Android 4.4. I would get at least Android 5.0, because 5.0's WebView can be updated, while versions before 5.0 are stuck with an insecure WebView. Most devices run at least 5.0.

I have a problem on Samsung tablets where PAD can crash after I unlock my screen. (I'm not in a dungeon, so I just restart PAD.) This problem did happen on an old Samsung tablet with Android 4.2, didn't happen on an iPhone, but did happen on a new Samsung tablet with Android 7.0. I don't know if other brands of Android devices are better or worse.

Big screens (like the 9.7-inch screen on my Android 7.0) use more battery power, and take more time for your finger to move puzzle orbs. Android versions of PAD can change the aspect ratio in Others → Screen Display Settings. I use the default 3:2, but the narrower 16:9 or 2:1 might fit more menu items or monsters on the screen.

3. ryerye

ryerye Member

Sorry to hijack, but does anyone know if PAD is compatible with Android 9?

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes it does, but don't instantly update your OS when there's a new version since PAD needs a couple weeks to get compatible with.

5. 20matar

20matar main:20Matar alt:firefly

User ID:
    20matar
    Really depends on what you need/Like.
    If you are looking for cheap Android Tablets I recommend you check out some Huawei devices, you can buy even used 8",9" Huawei tablets that won't let you down.
    But me, I prefer use phones even for co-op and for my experiences (devices I owned) I recommend the old Xperia (z4,z5), HTC, Galaxy or some of the new Huawei models (2017~).
    Definitively octa core CPU devices have a significant difference when you are moving the orbs very fast, preventing lag or ghost orbs. (That overlay stuff)

Another thing you probably should consider is hybrid type tablets like CHUWIHi10.
    Costs around U$160 but totally worth.
    Code:
    Specs:
    10-Inch Dual Boot 2 in 1 Tablet PC 
    (Intel Z8300 Quad Core 1.44GHz, 
    4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, 
    Windows 10 and Android 5.1)

With a dual OS tablet you can play pad and also some windows games as well.
    And works like a laptop for different purposes.

Tux likes this.