Sumire and Friends vs. PaD (Alrescha, Uvo Blonia)

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Grizztof, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Grizztof

Grizztof Shirley, you can't be serious.

[​IMG]

Friend me for a ultrahypered Sumire up 99% of the time.

Why run Sumire?

Good offense, great defense, sooo many ways to build her.

Approach to team-building:

First off, max skill is huge.
    Try to get at 5-12 oncolor +orb awakenings, at least 4-7rows.
    If you use board resets, better back it up with an enhance active or sparkleboard awakenings.
    I'm still messing with team comps for numbers. 5+ row awakenings with Blodin's enhance or I&I's 1.5x are getting me the best numbers. Those two subs go a long way in helping the team's RCV issue.

HP are easy to come by. Look for some physical builds to surpass 30k HP when heavily egged. Using dark latents teamwide for Divine Queen Hera's 31,584 preemptive is an option for several +ed builds. A.Isis's shield is also enough 27k hp teams when DQ isn't floor one. The catch is being healed up when it's time to burst. (one of Blodin's strengths, and a reason to consider Lakshmis)

This was my first main team. It's pretty good at stalling, hits well on normal 5-match turns, can reliably break Fatty, does ok in EEC, is great for most mythicals. Skuld's green orb enhance awakening and Berry sharing her green subelement means you'll be able to snipe a lot while storing blue. The double edge sword about sniping with Sumire is that it's always mass attack, so it's more like shotgunning and best for saving orb converts while still oneshotting weaker mobs. Weaknesses: Hard to roll, only 60% skill bind resist, slow, no bind recover, no damage reduction. Strengths - great max burst, enough +orbs, rows, TPAs to take advantage of all kinds of offensive orb counts.

This is my current team I'm failing EEC with. RIP Berry. Swapping Berry out for a dupe Sumire bumps the team to 80% SLR, makes the wait less brutal for Skuld/Blodin, and puts me about 55 +HP eggs away from tanking DQ's preemptive. The dowsides are lower damage output on burst/nonactive turns and an RCV hit. I don't want to run a team through EEC that just dies a percent of the time at floor X. VS my first EEC clear, my Sumire team is about 450 +eggs behind where Apocalypse was. Adjust for latents and it's about the equivaent of a +297 behind where Apoc was.

I found a new team I like.

Great attack stats. Low CD damage reducer. Good RCV. 4 heartmakes. Bind recover, which is enough in several instances. Full skill bind resist. 6 rows. 7 oe. OE active gets tossed out because there are no resets AND Gabriel gives STRONG enhance on an already strong active if paired with Hermes to make a red/blue burst board. Andro/Hermes makes a great burst board, too, just BL without the extra enhance. The worst thing about this team is that its subs are mutually exclusive from my main team, so it's a fight for +eggs. Wekness? HP are a bit low. No sparkle shotgunning. What's TPA? No reset makes things dicey vs Beelzebub's fullboard poison in the hardest content. All the OE awakenings need to come from Awilda's spot. Berry and Amberjack may be ok. You get more heartmaking options, but losesl damage output and a way to deal with preemptives.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  2. Grizztof

reserved

3. Grizztof

This will be a work in progress. If I list a card, it's something I've seriously considered. I intend to comment eventually on everything listed.

REM/MP Sumire sub commentary:

I just don't know. Definitely meh unskilled. Awoken Meimei counter.
    HP, RCV, Row, TPA, skill boost stick. Panic heal vs "normal" defense monsters, panic enhance after blues are jammered, burst enhance. Cons: long CD, provides no orb change.
    Hopefully the upcoming rebalance ditches her +atk awakening for literally anything else that isn't a stat boost, even +orbs for green, lol.
    Saras - Running Sarasvati has a similar issue to subbing Sumire - she's an offensive awakenings desert, but can improve keeping up the flow of damage.
    Multiple Karins
    Multiple Isis'
    Multiple Lakshmis
    Sun Quan
    RCV stick. 2x SLR. Sumire loves a good blue/heartmake active. Hers also combines near perfectly with Burd for healburst, and Burd has the fifth skill lock resist to hit the magical 100% and a good blue/heart/red reset. Bind recover is huge. There are some crippling leader/light binds out there she makes short work of. Cons: Doesn't really help TPA teams. God typing on a bindable hurts bind recover's usefulness.
    Skuld
    Good in all evo'd forms when you need an "I win" button and the dungeon's mechanics don't stop it. I have yet to make an awoken one. Monster HP Sumire teams can live through the "gentler" Divine Queen's Rite.
    I&Is
    Like Nut, I'm meh about this card before the upcoming evo. A second green sparkle is huge for shotgunning. A skill bind resistlets us toss Andro to the curb, and 900 more HP is HUGE for Sumire. She plays differently when you can block one turn and tank the next, instead of needing to block every turn. The extra tank potential is especially relevant on this card because it eats hearts.
    Wow. Amazing way to get out of wasting a slot on an orb enhance active if you run a heartbreak. RCV/Healing stick. Possibly stick with BL version if you run Seigfried for any dungeon where shotgunning matters.
    Hatsume
    Blonia
    Bchester
    Burd
    Mori
    Having one Sumire sub improves flow of actives tremendously and also jumps blocking consistency up a notch.
    Unimpressive pre-uvo. Now, she's all the OE you need. (but not all the OE you want), and has 2xTPA, critical mass to hit the 6+ TPA sweet spot.
    Besides being an ATK/Row stick, Gabriel/Hermes is one of the best burst options for Sumire. Cons = he murders your RCV and combos well with a bunch of other low-RCV cards.
    Alfecca
    Sadalmelik
    Snow White
    You get all your sub +orb awakenings in one slot. Her attack contribution to your team is amazing. 5 CD damage reduction makes her very recyclable and is one of the best Divine Queen Hera preemptive (unless DQ is floor 1) counters Sumire has. Cons: No skill boosts on a team that wants 5-7, creates RCV issues.

Farmable/Gift dungeon commentary

Apex
    Siegfried
    Hera-is'
    Amberjack
    Ilsix
    Ars Paulina
    Wadatsumi
    Midgard
    Leviathan
    Zhou Yu
    Bubblie
    Fenrir Knigh Kamui

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  4. Grizztof

I have tried to figure the best way to sort bicolor Sumire boards.

oncolor/offcolor
    26/4
    [​IMG]
    25/5
    [​IMG]
    24/6
    [​IMG]
    23/7
    [​IMG]
    22/8
    [​IMG]
    21/9
    [​IMG]
    20/10
    [​IMG]
    19/11
    [​IMG]
    18/12
    [​IMG]
    17/13
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    icedragon926 likes this.
  5. 12159

12159 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Really want a Sumire...
    I have good subs waiting for it like Blonia, Karin, and A. Isis.
    It seems like the team will lack RCV unless you have andro or Bvalk.

6. Verrous@PF

Verrous@PF Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    With dual sumire leads what percent damage reduction does a cross get you?

7. 12159

12159 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    57.75% reduction.

8. Snowflake

Snowflake Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    sumire fun 2use 297 all of them now i need 2 su lol

9. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I rolled Sumire yesterday. She's level 92, awoken, and I'll probably start plussing her soon. I ran her through TEC just to see how it played out with Nut/Skuld/Andromeda/U&Y, and the ability to stall with just hearts on the board is pretty great. I petered out at Satan because Andro is only sl3 and U&Y is one from max and I wasn't worried about finishing.

Other subs I plan on trying out: Hatsume (max-skilled), Sun Quan?, Hermes, Ruka?, Awoken Karin when she gets here, Starling, Awoken Isis, Snow White?. I wish my Berry Dragon were max skilled.

I'm having difficulty deciding between orb enhance awakenings and fast orb changers. Only 5 are necessary but more = higher multiplier. Ars Paulina seems like she'd be worth something if she's max skilled, but that rcv.

10. Jchunksgt

Jchunksgt nOOb

My Sumire team is Dual BUrd nut and Lakshmi, really want a second Sumire.
    I have Bonia but her RCV is zilch.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  11. Snowflake

PADherder:
    link
    [​IMG] time 2 find a sumire bff 2 bff me lol

12. psilo

psilo Active Member

How many OE awakenings you should have in team?

13. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You need at least 5 to guarantee enhanced orbs to drop from skyfall. Anything over 5 increases the attack multiplier with enhanced orbs, but I don't know where the balance is for more orb enhance vs keeping blue orbs flowing. Ideally, you'll pack as many as you can while making sure you've got fast orb changers on the team.

psilo likes this.
  14. Snowflake

PADherder:
    link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] need ms sumire for rushes lolz

15. Grizztof

16. Grizztof

@psilo - You really want 5 oncolor orb enhances plus some offcolor enhances if you use a board reset without a sub with an orb-enhance active.

@Snowflake - ooh. Gotta do TEC!

17. Snowflake

PADherder:
    link
    hehe ya tec

18. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Damage reduction still doesn't work on pre-emptives? Seems like a big flaw.

19. undone1

undone1 Member

User ID:
    394-472-393
    Hi, I'm fairly new (only been playing about 2 weeks) but I just got this leader and I think her leader skill vastly outpaces my previous leader (Summurd). I have a very limited and low level box but would like to improve it and level it correctly.

That said I was curious when I found this build on the JP forum

Leader: Sumire
    Awoken Karin
    Awoken Karin
    Incognito Queen Awilda
    Sumire
    Friend Leader: Sumire

Now obviously being a newbie I'm not going to have that all but I have sumire, Karin, and IQ Awilda. I'm going to get my baby tamaras awoken tonight (Just missing gold dragons) and can then use her. I don't have a ton of available subs but I do have summurd (3 awoken), Glacialdragon, Evo'ed/awoken muse, Siegfried, beach cafe waitress awoken, shaved ice specalist awoken, and a fully awoken chibi haku. I'm obviously not able to run her without 5 blue enh orb awakenings.

That said I really like this leader for the damage potential since most of the top leaders seem to have 4x or higher multipliers.

20. ASM

ASM Active Member

User ID:
    Joining the sumire club. Max leveled and awoken. Skill ups hurry up gungho.

I havent settled on a final team yet. I have 2 andro, nut, burd, 2 bonia, lakshmi, karin, and can make a fish. Blue fruit dragon dont seem that bad either, tbh. Team is really low on skill boosts and he has two.