Sumire and Friends vs. PaD (Alrescha, Uvo Blonia)

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Grizztof, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Xayvin

Xayvin Floofy Tail Fanboy!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That looks like a fantastic squad for Sumire, congrats! I have thought long and hard about putting a shield inherit on my Sumire team and ultimately decided that a board changer would be dual purpose (board refresh and emergency supply of hearts for a heart-cross) and therefore more useful than a straight up shield inherit. I was browsing your Padherder and noticed that you have a couple of Ronia's sitting in your box. I know that Urd is incredibly valuable for your Shiva team (she was an MVP sub for mine as well before I moved on to other leads), but I think that you'll get more value out of her active on a team that can progress you deep into end game. Just some food for thought, you could inherit Urd's AS onto Paulina, and inherit Ronia's board change onto a member of your Shiva team - freeing up Urd's sweet AS for your Sumire team.

A burst active could be useful on a Sumire team, but fitting it onto the team can be a bit cumbersome. Something like A. Sun Quan's AS is best left as an inherit on the team IMO. The extra damage is always welcome, I can't say with certainty that it is needed at this particular time in the game (unless you don't have teams that have stratospheric damage output already - Sumire is very much a tank and spank team.) As for where to place such an AS, I'd probably not put it on a Sumire, because the haste system is what defines this team's playstyle. It'll be on either of your flex slots most likely.

Personally, I would wait to see how things go in the next little bit before I went and inherited skills onto my entire team. For now, if I were you, I'd stick with a board change that makes hearts on Paulina and a delay on A. Isis. Using that as a solid base to start from, you can then decide if/what tweaks are necessary.

mtb911 and bookwyrm like this.
  2. Wishy

Wishy SHRAPNEL

I've been running Sumire quite a lot and to be honest I'm starting to get why Kaede and Miru are higher on tier lists... damage is just not there, the "match 5" thing suck hard.

Talking highest end content only, for "normal" dungeons she is overkill, but on stuff like descended rush she just doesn't really work.

3. IlGudz

IlGudz EU 769944240

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi everyone.
    I recently in last months I found a second Sumire and a Scheat, so I decided to build a TPA sumire team.
    My current team (almost done) is
    Sumire/Sumire/Scheat/Skuld/U&Y (this way I have 80% sbr, enough OE and tpa and 2.5 secs extra)
    Still waiting for uevo sumire. Is it a good team? Should I switch some subs with others I have (even though my blue pool is pretty lame :/)? Which monsters should I aim on REM?
    https://www.padherder.com/user/IlGudz/teams/#241560
    And most important, should I buy You Yu to use as leader with those sumire/skuld as sub?
    Thanks to all :D

4. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ok. Lots of points to go over. Sumire works best as 5OE team, not TPA. If you have skuld, play skuld as a lead. You can make a OE/TPA hybrid team and not have to worry about the heartcross.

If you want to play a Sumire lead go Sumire - Sumire - Skuld - A. Isis - Flex.

You Yu is a beast. If you have the MP for him, get him. You have the blue box to support him.

IlGudz likes this.
  5. IlGudz

IlGudz EU 769944240

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So you suggest either sumire 5oe not tpa or skuld tpa. This will help me a lot.
    Thanks a huge lot :D
    (I think ill buy you yu, he looks really op. Any suggestion for that too :p?)

6. mtb911

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You Yu - Sumire - Sumire - Skuld - A. Isis. If you aren't worried about binds in a dungeon then swap Isis for another changer like Karin. This will be a fast and powerful team. Your RCV will suck but +eggs can fix that.

IlGudz likes this.
  7. IlGudz

IlGudz EU 769944240

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks a lot, I owe yu one :D (pun intended, pls dont ban me )

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  8. mtb911

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There's a special place in hell on the forums for people like you.

maherd, IlGudz and CURIOUSCOMP like this.
  9. LazarusPD

LazarusPD forever noob

User ID:
    Water options for Sumire
    Ryune x2
    Orochi x3
    I&I
    Andro
    Amon
    UY
    A Karin
    Blonia

Should I even bother with a Sumire team? I only have one of her too D:

10. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sumire, Amon, Andro, Ryune, Ryune is probably decent. You could throw in Kraken Rider over Amon or a Ryune as well. Overall damage won't be as great due to only having orb enhances on the leads, but it would be worth trying it out and seeing if you like it.

LazarusPD likes this.
  11. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    I'm currently thinking of running Sumire because XM bores me with the amount of stalling I have to do

Right now I have two Sumire, Skuld, and Nut. What would be the best choice for the last slot? Andromeda, Gabriel, Alfecca (Rip RCV), Awoken Lakshmi, Awoken Isis with one of the above orb changes tacked on for SI? I'm still trying to skill everything up, but the adundance of time extends on the team allows for much better flow of heal orbs even without actives

12. CURIOUSCOMP

CURIOUSCOMP Flaccid Member

User ID:
    NA:300,485,211
    PADherder:
    link
    sumire/sumire/skuld/andro/flex(inherit gabe)?

13. xtole13

xtole13 Active Member

User ID:
    Hi all! My blue box has always been limited but I think I may finally have something:
    Sumire x3 - which is why I'm here lol
    Skuld x2 - 1 ready and the other needs work
    A. Isis
    Blue Sonia
    Amon
    Ryune
    A. Sun Quan
    Sarasvati
    Amberjack

14. Xayvin

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sumire/Sumire/Sumire/Skuld/Isis/Sumire is a fantastic team, dare I say - the ideal Sumire team. Congrats! Now get to work. :)

xtole13 and uncleaner like this.
  15. SkyknightXi

SkyknightXi Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Looking at pending cards (as in, promised but not yet delivered in Japan), how do you think Sitri would do as a subordinate? The salient point here is that her active turns fire and wood orbs to water. As in, she doesn't touch heal orbs, unlike Hermes. Depending on how thick light and dark orbs are, this could make an easy field for making heal crosses while getting room for a 5-water connection.

16. uncleaner

uncleaner Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, I've been using that and as long as you have an orochi, damage boost and true damage inherited it just chews through everything.

Maybe it's because I don't touch multiplayer but she's on another level compared to YY. I think she's doing to be my go to for descends now unless I need to do 20 mil back to back or something crazy.

mtb911 likes this.
  17. IlGudz

IlGudz EU 769944240

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey @uncleaner and @Xayvin, today I got my third Sumire. I already have skuld and working on A.Isis. Even though I dont have Orochi, do you suggest to go for the 3xSumire team?
    Also, since I bought YY, is it worth using 3xSumire+A.Isis as subs or is it better to have 2xsumire,isis and skuld? Thanks

18. Xayvin

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Absolutely go with the x3 Sumire, Skuld, and A.Isis team - it is nearly perfect! Congrats!

As for YY, if that is all you have for water subs, I'd go YY/Sumire/Sumire/Skuld/A.Isis and when you pull more water cards they can replace the Sumire's.

IlGudz likes this.
  19. IlGudz

IlGudz EU 769944240

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks a lot @Xayvin :D about YY, which subs you think I should aim for to replace sumire :)?

20. Xayvin

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You're welcome. The best thing about YY is his flexibility, you can literally make any decent water orb maker into a good sub for YY. Subs like: Scheat, Hermes, Gabriel, Andromeda, Nut, Skuld, and Orochi are frequently on my team. If you invest some stones into a water gala that coincides with a GF (such as this one) you may be able to pull some good YY subs.

IlGudz likes this.