Sumire and Friends vs. PaD (Alrescha, Uvo Blonia)

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Grizztof, Sep 1, 2015.

1. IlGudz

IlGudz EU 769944240

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I got scheat, but I'm unsure whether is better to use her as sub (god those tpas, 17 is her favorite water orbs number lol in yy team lol) or as a inheritance monster. Also have skuld already in team :)

2. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So, today I pulled my 4th Sumire from the Godfest. Right now I run Sumire x3, Christmas Ars Paulina, and A.Isis; would the team be improved by replacing Ars Paulina with the new Sumire? On one hand, Sumire has way better stats and a better active. On the other hand, Paulina has two advantages of her own: a lower cooldown on her AS, making her more appealing for skill inheritance, and an extra skill boost awakening, allowing my Sumires (when max-skilled) to be up on the first turn. What should I do?

3. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been debating the same thing. The current game8 recommendation (I know, boo, hiss...) is Sumire x3, Xmas Paulina, A. Isis. Inherit some Orb changer on Paulina. Isis could be swapped for Skuld if you aren't concerned about binds and want to just steamroll everything. I currently play Sumire x3, Skuld, Isis. The only reason I don't play Paulina is that I am still awakening her and other cards have had higher priority.

4. Celerity

Celerity Youkai Hunter

Hey all! So I pulled Sumire and Skuld in today's GF and I was thinking of giving this team a shot, but need some guidance. Relevant subs:

Skuld
    Andromeda
    Karin x2
    Amon x2
    Nut
    Isis
    Sun Quan
    BValk
    Barbarossa

With this box, would Skuld actually be the better lead? No experience with her either, so I'd like to know your opinions.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  5. mtb911

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If more than 2 Sumires, play Sumire. If not, play Skuld. Skuld is crazy flexible as you can play rows, TPA, OE, or a hybrid combination of all of them.

6. xtole13

xtole13 Active Member

User ID:
    Woohoo! I'm more excited for a different play style than anything else. Thanks!

7. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just a heads-up for those who haven't yet. I ran arena with someone the other night using Sumire leads. We hit MeiMei with no damage boost. We lasted enough turns we probably could have killed her with an ARa active used 5 times. I had a board where I could've hit 4 blue combos plus the heart cross, but the last combo ended up as a blob - only hit for a little over 2 million (Sumire x3/Skuld/Andro). I'm not sure that would've been enough without skyfall anyway.

Moral of the story is: bring a damage boost for arena.

philsov and Xayvin like this.
  8. Xayvin

Xayvin Floofy Tail Fanboy!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was just thinking that. Not only for Meimei, but for the Extreme King Metal Dragon. My 4th Sumire will inherit a burst.

9. Morbetto

Morbetto Troll Coordinator

User ID:
    Morbetto
    PADherder:
    link
    I inherited Scheat's active on Blodin. Scheat's awakenings and stat distribution makes her too limited, but that active, even though it eats hearts, is still awesome.

I like Skuld and Andro as subs with Blueberry. I personally run Sumire/Blodin(Scheat)/Blueberry/Andro/Skuld/Sumire. It works well. 100% SLR. If I need a defense break, using Nepdra is something I haven't even thought of. Gabriel would also be a top tier sub.

10. Laxus

Laxus Member

Hi all,

Would Sumire/Sumire/Skuld/Skuld/Flex be a stable team? I have Andro and Gabriel available. Utility includes AOrochi and ASun Quan. I primarily play coop if that makes a difference. Thanks for the insight.

11. mtb911

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Andro>Gabe. Andromeda's Awakenings make her a more attractive option. Note that both cards remove Light which is a stable alternate color if you don't have a great blue board or if you are saving orbs for a larger spike.

CURIOUSCOMP likes this.
  12. warbeastqt

warbeastqt Member

I was thinking of using
    Sumire
    gabriel - nut - isis - ars paulina b/r

Other possible subs would be a hermes and the rest of my water box http://imgur.com/FfQDB2I

Who should inherit urd?

13. Laxus

Laxus Member

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking along the same lines. I'll tinker around with the composition a bit to find what I prefer. I'm thinking of dropping the 2nd Skuld so I can inherit her onto Osiris for my fledgling Kaede team. Decisions decisions.

14. Laxus

Laxus Member

My suggestion would be to inherit Urd onto Nut for the shortest possible cooldown though playing coop would definitely help off-set this. Maybe replace Paulina with Kraken rider; Paulina's active doesn't contribute much to Sumire's play style. With that said you could also inherit Urd's active onto Paulina and leave Nut untouched. Replace AIsis with Kraken rider when binds aren't an issue.

15. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    my team is currently nut, ryune, andro, and flex. im not exactly sure the most optimal sub for that spot.

like ive been using gabriel, but i realize i hardly ever make a row, it seems stacking OE monsters are the way to go?
    my padherder is likely not updated, what i have atm is:

a. isis
    gabriel
    hatsume
    2 awoken karins
    sun quan (need one more topalit to awoken)
    amberjack
    amon

im pretty sure its either a isis or gabe. would inherting gabe's active for a.isis be a good idea?

16. CURIOUSCOMP

CURIOUSCOMP Flaccid Member

User ID:
    NA:300,485,211
    PADherder:
    link
    he said b/r paulina. i think that means xmas paulina?

17. Laxus

Laxus Member

It does, but their actives are the same. Xmas Paulina's awakenings are much better, but otherwise her active skill is pretty useless on it's own; whereas Kraken Rider generates 5 hearts which at the very least gives you a shield.

18. CURIOUSCOMP

CURIOUSCOMP Flaccid Member

User ID:
    NA:300,485,211
    PADherder:
    link
    paulina active is great. low CD. inherit something. makes sparkle blues. it's burst and fixer. if your team has enough other heartmakers, it's fine.

19. Laxus

Laxus Member

That's his problem though, lack of good heartmaker options. From what I can see, his only heartmaker besides Sumire is Gabriel. I agree with you that CPaulina is good for inheritance undoubtedly due to the low CD and great awakenings. However, this still leaves him with two non-heartmaking actives in AIsis and Nut which will need to be compensated for. Also with Nut and CPaulina on the team he only has 3 SBR. It's quite the dilemma for content beyond the early stages of the game.

CURIOUSCOMP likes this.
  20. SkyknightXi

SkyknightXi Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Plotting out a potential team (a.k.a. trying to figure out what to angle for in the future)...

*Sumire
    Sitri
    Awoken Isis (assist: Thumbelina)
    Andromeda
    ???
    *Sumire

The ??? is to be filled by someone who can enhance water orbs (for use after an orb change situation where there still aren't any enhanced water orbs). The problem is finding one with good awoken skills. For the record, the creatures that CAN enhance water orbs are Kraken, Aldebaran, Wa/D Odin, Hera-Is, Lakshmi's non-Awoken forms, Wadatsumi, Ars Paulina, and Undine. (Remember that only Kraken, Odin, Lakshmi, and Undine can be assists.)

Looking at the five characters I've decided upon, what we DO have for awakenings are:
    --Skillbind resist*6
    --Time extend*7
    --Skill boost*5
    --Enhanced water orbs*13
    --Enhanced heal orbs*2
    --Unbindability (Isis 100%)
    --Water row enhance*4
    --Bind recovery*1 (Andromeda)
    --Two-prong*1 (Andromeda)
    So now we just have to figure out what, if anything, needs amplification.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016