Super Cool! The new skill up thing works even on cheap Normals!

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Marlboro, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    I have two REVO Homura's that I've been wanting to skill for ages, so I figured I would try out the new single player dungeon skill-up mechanic. Looks the first appearance of Homura is in Fire Forest Nerva (4 stam with current 1/2 price) so I figured I'd test with that -- mainly because I was curious if the skill up rate scaled with difficulty. Considering how many of use tried to land their first Siren/Lilith/Echidna/Vamp etc from early normals without success I was afraid I'd go 100 runs with nada.

Well I'm happy to report, that 5 runs in (so 20 stam) I got my first skill up! Interestingly, they both got it simultaneously, so my initial guess is that when the enemy is killed, it rolls to determine whether to award the skill, and then applies to all units with the skill. Gonna keep running it with excess stam (Doing Linthia runs, and my alt still ranks with a ton to spare) and see what happens.... will update as I go along.

As an aside, two of the common mob drops are tradeable in Moster Exchange for the basic masks needed for reincarnations, which is awesome since I've been out of em for a while now! Yippee!!

2. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    Top notch! They both had started with a skill point already banked, got the last skill up on run number 50. Each time they both got the skill up, so there's that answered for me. Threw Macha (Crimson Mask) and Australis (Dragon Flower) on the team around run 8, Macha got 1 skill up and Australis got 3. The fodder was trade-able for Crimson Masks and Dragon Flowers (and Evolution Masks) so Macha/Aus are max skill now as well! Good show Gung Ho!

Shinigami Yuki, Ultraduck and xer 21 like this.