TA2: rheven or domega?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Sunsphere, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Member

I'm new to the <50% hp play style and I've heard that rheven and domega are good for ta2, but I'm struggling anyway. I figured rheven was the better leader (576x all attributes when matching only 3 attributes vs. 324 for fire only), so I went with rheven, droche, domega, utility (def break), flex for leveling. I even put balance killer equip on my rheven and domega, healer killer equip on Roche, but it seems that unless I'm full comboing the board I don't kill everything, and even then I've still not even made it to the tama level. Am I on the right track here with team building or am I missing something?

2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Can you put your complete team, including latents and super awakening? Without knowing that, it's kinda hard to figured out.

3. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Member

Rheven (sb+), hakuryu equip, +297, no latents yet (only relevant ones for this dungeon are healer killer?)

Roche (ugh, forgot to get the <50 SA, thanks for the reminder), healer killer equip, +297, no latents yet (only relevant ones for this dungeon are healer killer?)

Omega (vdp), hakuryu equip, +297, no latents yet, likely only devil killers apply

Flex is red suoh just for the skill boosts, with a nerva inherit

Utility is actually ishtar for the defense break but also had 2 <50, plus the light coverage so I can get the full activation on any three colors. I put the dragon katanas on just to see if that would help.

Basically I'm relying on both rhevens, Roche, and omega for all my damage.

Oh and I realize that I didn't have the mass attack badge, that might have helped.

Thanks in advance for any critiques and input!

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Mass attack badge might not be needed. You have all powerful leader and sub with <50% HP. I don't know why you can't make it to Tama floor? Is it Spica that mostly killed you? If so you might need Healer killer equip or latents on Roche or Rehven but if you can have one healer killer stick such as Delphyne (get her for free from the exchange) with healer killer latents and equip, you can focus Rehven, Roche and Omega for more difficult enemies with Balanced and Dragon or Devil type.

If you have, put <50% equip on Roche or Rehven.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  5. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Member

I think I'm figuring it out. I'm 1/5 on attempts and I'm struggling because of some combination of the following:

1) clearing the board means at some point I heal up, and if that happens too early, I don't have enough skill boosts to pop rheven. I have to use omega on turn one, but one heal combo gets me over 50%, but not enough to tank two hits on floor two.

2) because I need 4 turns to charge up rheven, I also end up blowing my defense break early but then stalling a turn or two which wastes it. Next run I'll just use as a test to see if I can get to floor 6 without it.

I swapped Ishtar for whaledor with def break inherit, added Satan void to Roche, but that has only marginally helped. Maybe I'll drop the nerva inherit and add in another whaledor with a suicide inherit like Lubu and put the healer killer latent back on Roche

6. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Member

Ugh floor 2 is my nemesis, after my suicide active I only kill one and die to the other, maybe I should use omega on that floor... I really don't know what I'm doing wrong

7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1. Put Satan void as sub so you can't heal.

2. If you have a hard time killing F2, maybe you're not activating Rehven's LS (match 3+ attributes?) That's the only one I can think of. If that still not enough, put Akechi Mitsuhide as sub and get him healer killer latents and equip. When you match dark and 2+ other attributes, all healer enemies will die. Even Spica.

8. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Member

I did a little more digging and apparently you really need at least one if not two <50 equips yourself or else the build falls apart. That's been my experience here, I need to mass attack way more often than I have 5 reds or darks, so any multi-spawn floor kills me otherwise. Maybe I'll just go the veroah route.

9. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Member

Weirdest little bug, if I inherit Satan void onto omega, his rcv doesn't change. Trying to upload a screenshot

10. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The assist has to be the same color as the base in order to inherit stats. DOmega is Red, Void is dark, so no stat change.

11. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Member

I've been playing for over 2000 days and I still randomly forget stuff. Plus I'd had a few beers...

Cheeseghost and Trap like this.
  12. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Screenshot_20191002-083935_PAD-01.jpeg this is the team I run where yuna is technically the monster being leveled but I would swap to g/b Balboa for defense break if the sub you're leveling doesnt have blue..I aim for 5 combos so that I get 7 and try to match 5 of red or black on floors with multiples..I figure ppl beat this without atk badge so you probably dont need the optimal setup just a defense break of some sort

13. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This might be able to help you: