Tachibana Ginchiyo

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by War Disciple, Feb 10, 2019.

1. War Disciple

War Disciple Member

User ID:
    WarDisciple
    I am using a smartphone not a p.c.
    Samsung galaxy s8+ and it is not displayed.

Any thoughts on using valentine love deity venus? Just pulled her and sun wukong

Also i have alot of dragon callers. Is there a way to make a functional team with them? Ney, Sonia, etc?

2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Valentine Venus is quite strong as a leader, especially if the dungeon crawled with many Light and Dark type enemies since the team only takes 25% damage from them. Only needs Light type cards as a sub. Ginchiyo is a valuable sub since she provides needed color to activate Venus' Leader Skill. She is quite weak against non Light or Dark type enemies since she doesn't have built in shield but you can stack high HP Light subs to compensate.

3. War Disciple

War Disciple Member

User ID:
    WarDisciple
    Valkyrie Ciel
    Kirin Shindou
    Valentine love deity Venus
    Legendary dragon caller Pralinae
    (Assist elena brilliante)
    Awoken Hestia

Opinion?

4. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:

5. War Disciple

War Disciple Member

User ID:
    WarDisciple
    Ok @ko300zx I added you. Once you accept I will ad as a best friend so I can use the diablos. Thank you for offering btw.

6. ko300zx

User ID:
    It's not in a best friend slot. Save that for someone who plays the same leads you do all the time.

Edit: Reeche is in that slot. I mean if you want, I can move Diablos to that slot. Reeche isn't there for any reason in particular.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is a good team. You covered FUA and VDP (from Shindou Karin's Super Awakening) so you probably just need to add or remove some assist to suit the dugeond.

Mind you that even though you have very good and strong team, you might not clear a dungeon the first time but each failed run should gives you idea of how the enemy behaves and how they killed you so you can take precaution to prevent them from killing you.

ko300zx likes this.
  8. War Disciple

War Disciple Member

User ID:
    WarDisciple
    I'm currently farming latent tamadra as best I can so I can even out the team. I need a better delay while I'm stalling for orb drops.
    Also I'm digging through mons trying to figure how to set the others for assists. Thinking about maybe attaching a gravity to valk for a nuke on final bosses once I drop a guard break. Big problem is the massive turn count. Some of the bosses it's hard to survive them when they drop 50k and I'm caught with no way to shield.

9. War Disciple

War Disciple Member

User ID:
    WarDisciple
    I beat 2 annihilation levels this a.m. and got 60% on tournament ranking. So it's getting better. I feel lost without the double valk. I dont hit with half as much damage no matter what light mon I use.

10. War Disciple

War Disciple Member

User ID:
    WarDisciple
    You guys talk about the damage multiplier of leaders and subs. How do you calculate that? How do you know which subs to put in to maximize that multiplier? And how do you know what to add on to your team to cover your bases in utility?
    @ko300zx @Trap

11. ko300zx

User ID:
    What is the "double valk?"

Just do the math on the leaderskill.

[​IMG]

For Valk you have 2x for healers, 6x for 4 combos. Same for the second leader so 6 x 2 x 6 x 2. She's a 4x HP, 144x Attack lead.

12. War Disciple

War Disciple Member

User ID:
    WarDisciple
    Double valk = 2 war goddess valkyrie ciel...lol

13. ko300zx

User ID:
    That's what I figured, so how are you "without it"? Out of friends or something?

14. War Disciple

War Disciple Member

User ID:
    WarDisciple
    Yeah whenever I get done running dungeons and run out of friends.

15. ko300zx

User ID:
    Ahhh gotcha. :D Keep expanding that friend list with all these free stones.

16. War Disciple

War Disciple Member

User ID:
    WarDisciple
    Next team

Leader = set
    Elena brilliante
    Valentine Azure princess carat
    Awoken Hestia
    Aurora Loving Goddess Sakuya

All max cards
    I look for great witch madoo as a 2nd lead but will use yukki if I have to

What do you think?
    @ko300zx

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  17. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Since you're fond of 7x6 boards and have some combo skills, have you considered trading some rainbow badges for Odysseus (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4896). If you can consistently activate his leader skill, he hits a lot harder than Tachibana and pairs well with many combo leads.

When you're asking about a lead, e.g. Set, you should specify which evolution you're talking about. I assume you're talking about Awoken Set, since the other versions are pretty dated. I wouldn't bother with Set. His problem is that his damage drops to an unimpressive 6x per lead any time your hp isn't full. This will happen every time you get hit by a pre-emptive attack(when an enemy attacks before your first turn) regardless of how hard you get hit. What makes this even more frustrating is that your damage on a given turn depends on your hp when you start your turn, not after you match hearts. So if you're playing Set after getting hit by a pre-emptive and heal to full hp, you'll still hit for 36x during the turn when you match the hearts. And the following turn, your hp probably won't be full again because you'll have taken another hit. In short, Set only functions well in dungeons without pre-emptives and you generally don't need a lead as strong as Set in the kind of dungeons that lack pre-emptives.

18. War Disciple

War Disciple Member

User ID:
    WarDisciple
    I don't have Odysseus yet but I will keep my eyes open for it definitely. I have several 7x6s and a few that pick it up in ult evo but I do see what you guys are saying about leads and the damage dynamics. After talking to you guys @ko300zx @Trap @Noc I feel like I'm starting to get a handle on what works and doesnt, and why.
    I'm currently trying to build teams of each color and a tricolor that hits on the level of war valk but I feel like I'm stuck waiting on better pulls for a few builds. I have maybe 8 monsters that 4x4 lead or 3x5 and that's a bit of a handicap building.
    Other builds need board and row changers consistently but mine all have very long cd's and I don't have many equip cards that skill charge, or strong enough cards that skill boost instead. It seems like those builds are limited to a 5 or 6 battle run?
    And last build issue is being able to shield consistently without needing the board changers so I can prevent turn 2 nuking.

19. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The best leads tend not to need actives to deal damage. They tend to get their multipliers from making a certain number of combos, which you can do on virtually any board, or from matching two colors at once, which you can usually do on a natural board as long as you're making a lot of combos and clearing the board most turns. Stuff that requires a row or multiple combos of one color tends not to be very good, since it's less consistent.

20. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Odysseus is permanently available for exchange if you have enough rainbow medals. You just got to shop->Monster exchange->Event and scroll down a bit. If you're not sure if you want him, I would hold off until after all the anniversary announcements in JP to see if anything more interesting is released.

As @Trap said, one of the defining features of a strong lead is that the leader skill can be activated on just about any board without relying on actives. The other feature you're looking for is some kind of tankiness, e.g. an hp multiplier or a shield. An RCV multiplier is nice to have too, but high hp and shields are preferred since it's easier to correct for healing issues. Your intuition is correct: teams that depend on a lot of orbs of one color, e.g. to make a row or multiple combos in one color, depend heavily on actives and perform better in really short dungeons. The easiest way to get around the skill boost issue (actives not coming up fast enough) is to play 2 player mode where skill boosts from both teams are added. Keep in mind that 3 player mode does not add skill boosts.

Your fire box is really strong, so you're looking at the right place, but the wrong lead. I would lead with UEVO New Years Kamimusubi (Kami). Her awakenings are awkward (her rows and combo orbs seem out of place), but her attack multiplier is ridiculously strong so you can just treat her a like any other light/fire bi-color team: just match some light and fire orbs and make lots of combos. Your subs would be some combination of Elena, Rin Tohsaka, Hestia, Cao Cao, Yamato, Minerva Valk Ciel, and Set. I'm not specifying a particular team because who you choose will depend on what you need. Elena's usefulness will depend on whether or not you want her killer awakenings, Cao Cao has a delay, Set will be your big hitter because he enhances damage and has a ton of 7cs, and Rin and Hestia bring follow-up-attack awakening (FUA) for dealing with resolves. Having more than one follow-up-attack is unnecessary and Kami has an RCV multiplier when your hp dips, so I would keep Rin on the team and not bother with Hestia. Rin is a great option for assists since her active has a really short charge (2 turns) and she has some great awakenings. You can add an assist on her, use the assist skill at the beginning of a dungeon, and Rin's own active will be ready to go before the dungeon is over. I actually have Unawoken Hestia on my Rin because of Hestia's board and because it voids color absorbs. Rin also hits pretty hard due to her high hp awakening, which has fantastic synergy with Kami's leader skill that also hits harder at over 80% hp. If you hit 7 combos with hard-hitting subs like Rin, Set, Ciel, Yamato, or Elena on your team, you should easily out-damage your Ciel team. You can also potentially stick Suou on your team as a sub if you need to deal with enemies that void damage, but don't use his active because he doesn't make light orbs.

If you want to try another lead, you could also take your Kami team and swap Kami's position with Rin Tohsaka. Rin's leader skill is kind of similar to Kami's, except that Rin doesn't care if you have low hp and gives you two shields on each lead. The catch is that Rin has no RCV multiplier and that her leader skill makes it harder to combo because you also need to match 5 orbs in a color other than light and fire. If you do lead with Rin, be sure to leave out Elena because Rin's leader skill requires a match of 5 in a color other than light and fire. The rest of the subs I mentioned, except Suou (whose active isn't good for either lead), have actives that are better for Rin. Another thing to keep in mind is that Rin also pairs really well with UEVO Madoo as long as all your cards have a fire main or sub-attribute (so all the cards mentioned except Ciel). Anything that triggers all of Rin's damage will also work for Madoo. With a Madoo friend, you lose some shield and damage, but gain a recovery multiplier and a card with void damage penetration.

Another strong fire lead to keep an eye on is Suou. He was always a solid lead and just got buffed in Japan. He pairs well with himself as well as with Barbara&Julie who are also pretty popular. Right now, you're lacking subs for a bi-color fire+water team, but you'll probably get there soon.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019