Tans

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Cueva, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Cueva

Cueva Member

PADherder:
    link
    Can you explain how they work?

Is it worth me farming them this early?

2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You take 6 of the same color to make a King Tan. Then with this color tan, if you take 4 skill up fodder into a power up fusion, you are guaranteed 4 skill ups for a base card of the SAME color as the king tan. They can be farmed at any time really, basically do you have a card with either a painful skill up drop, or just tired of RNG of getting them through normal power up fusion?

E.g. You want to skill up any non awoken form of Ares. You get a red king tan because Ares is red and then 4 Super King Ruby Dragons and boom 4 skill ups.

The problem is because it takes 6 of a baby tan to make a king tan sometimes it will take several runs to accumulate 6 of the same colors. So usually it's good if you have several different colored cards you want to skill up.

3. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Quite honestly, if you don't have anything better to spend your stamina on and you can clear it, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to spend some stamina running it. Like @Iluvatar mentioned, it does take six regular Tans to make one King Tan, but I've found it never hurts to run it when it comes around and make King Tans whenever you get the opportunity.

Just the other day, I was running the new Wood Dragon biweekly for Acala skill ups. I was really dreading having to fight with the RNG for her skillups, but lo and behold, I had a spare King Woodtan sitting in my box, and boom!, four insta-skill ups.

But whatever you feel you should do, go for it!

4. Cueva

Cueva Member

PADherder:
    link
    I've cleared it. I can only run it a single time just because I have less then 100 stamina still. My box is getting tight and I want to save stones for the next godfest. But I guess more space is never a bad thing. Thanks for clearing up the tan question. I knew they did something in regards to skill ups but that was it.

5. Hansey

Hansey Destined to never own a single Haku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Honestly, this is the only real reason to not run Tans, in general. Since the drop rate is random, and as others pointed out, you need a total of six same color to make a single King, you *will* end up with extraneous Tans taking up space until you can run it again. I recall more than once ending up with five each of three separate colors by the time I finished running it one day.

If you have enough stam to run it a bunch (or stone it) *and* have some extra box space to store extras, then it's definitely worth it. Otherwise, I'm not sure it's worth it unless you have an active need for a bunch of different color King Tans. The dungeon will always come around again.

6. Cueva

Cueva Member

PADherder:
    link
    I don't have any max skilled monsters yet nor the fodder for them yet. I now have 3 flamtan halfway there.

7. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Then you really don't need tans maxing out your box space... The tans are more of a luxury than a requirement.

8. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    At the early parts of the game, it's pretty unnecessary as skilling up your monsters isn't really a priority. It's not that you shouldn't aim to skill them up, of course, but it really varies depending on the skill up fodder and whether or not you are able to obtain them in the first place. I wouldn't stress too much about it and if you're only at 100 box space, then you're no where close to needing them at that current stage in the game unless you're doing some sort of box restriction challenge.

9. Toddlajoie

Toddlajoie Member

A lot of really good points about box space, game stage and all that, and I'm not disagreeing with any of them.

I will say that I've never regretted a single stone I spent increasing box space. You need 6 tans to make a king, and there are 5 colors, so absolute worst case is 30 box spaces on hold, which is 6 stones, and IMO well worth it considering how many free stones we get from the events and such... in the end, running Tan Infestation as often and as much as you can (co-op and you can run it twice as much, and with the other time groups, have alternate times for the days that real life stops you from playing during your hour...) Dark King Tans would have saved me, quite literally, DAYS of running Divine Queen for 2 max skilled Heras (averaging 1 skill up for 5 Heras, 16 levels = 80 Heras, 45 minutes a run with Ama/Grodin, I don't miss THOSE days!!!! works out to about 60 HOURS of playing, mindless as it was, for each) Being able to Max skill her with just 16 instead of 80 would have let me move on to other things to spend my stamina on...

You can either store the 4 (or more or less) of the skill up material until you get the 6 tan of the color you need, or store the tans until you have the skill mat... personally, I've chosen to store the Tans, as it seems more efficient to me based on the many different skill mats that come up at infrequent times.

10. Cueva

Cueva Member

PADherder:
    link
    Well since I'm trying to store stones for upcoming godfest does it seem reasonable for me to add space?
    Does this gf offer anything I need to advance? If not then makes my choice about spending stones on space that much easier.
    Thanks for the advice.