Tarrusin's Blog - 1000+ days of Blue!

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Tarrusin, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey! I'm Tarrusin, you probably don't know me yet because I only come on this forum occasionally. I've been playing a long time now (almost 1000 days) and it's been a great journey. At first I thought this game was some sort of bejeweled match game and I played it as such. It took me a week or so to realize that I could move more than one orb a turn lol. I also started off with Hatsume because I didn't realize re-rolling was a thing, but fortunately I rolled Isis soon after and she helped me bridge the gap early on. I've come a long way since then, and feel like its about time I started keeping a record of my goals in the game.

I've cleared the majority of the content, but not the hardest or co-op specific. I want to dive deeper into that sort of thing, so I'm hoping that by bouncing ideas off of the forum and keeping a log of what does and doesn't work I can make some more progress.

If you'd like to chat or play with me you are welcome to send me a PM or message me on Discord (Tarrusin#1825). My PAD ID is 322,796,297.

I also keep a PAD Herder to help me assess my team's stats, but it hasn't been fully up to date since Padlistener was no longer supported by the developer. I tend to write little comments in my team descriptions to help me keep track of certain things, but I feel like this blog will serve the same purpose eventually!

Sniper, no sniping! (+297)
    Ace Okuni > Bacetet
    Other Leads
    I hate bamboo! (+297)
    Oda who-now? (+297)
    [US] 322,796,297
    Padherder - Blog
    Looking for Oda Nabunaga, YY, and BMyr friends!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  2. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  3. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Flavor of the month (My top most used teams currently):
    |
    Main team! I run her... almost all the time these days. From Arena 3, to general challenges, to descends I'm too lazy to try on. I've gotten pretty good at her playstyle, and tanking hits everywhere is just.. awesome! Still need to pull Ryune, but I've mostly accepted not having her.

|
    Light Myr! Lol... this team is kind of silly considering how good my Blue Myr team is. I mostly made her because I had most of her subs and needed a new project to work on. I eventually want to build her team up and clear the new colosseum dungeon. Being able to use Mech Zeus as a sub seems pretty nice!

|
    YY is super fun to play, but with all the new leads I've been working on I haven't used him much these days. When I do its for challenges or short dungeons w/ high HP bosses. I've grown to love the Aoshi inherit, and personally find it's ideal for him. It combos with everything perfectly, but mostly useful in coop due to the long CD.

|
    Oda Nobunaga! He's actually really amazing. He's an unbindable bind clear, with damage control and 81x burst with killers! Ontop of that he gets an RCV boost? for a color/typing that already has pretty decent RCV. His only weakness is HP and skill orb economy, he doesn't really have a way to maintain the flow of dark orbs without careful play. He works well for most dungeons though.

|
    Mindless descended farming.

|
    Mindless Arena farming.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  4. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    In-progress teams:

Hypermaxed cards (75 and counting!):

Next to be Hypermaxed:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  5. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You Yu vs Sarasvati

I want to keep track of the key strengths and weaknesses between my You Yu and Sarasvati teams. Specifically, I wanted to know.. with the bare minimum activation and minimal enhance orbs how do the teams stack up? In either case damage would increase substantially with more combos. My main goal is to figure out how to break defenses with as few orbs as possible.

These table aren't exactly a fair way to compare the two teams. It assumes a bare minimum amount of combos, and in some cases damage is very similar when comparing with equal combo counts. Regardless, I have highlighted damages that are lower than the other team when matching the same number of orbs.

You Yu:

Tested using the following team:
    |+
    :questions:|Matched Orbs|:monster5:|:misc17:|
    5​
    |:water::water::water::water::water:|
    1204629​
    |
    263286​
    |
    6​
    |
    263286​
    |
    7​
    |
    |
    8​
    |:water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    5595561​
    |
    1222976​
    |
    9​
    |:water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water:|
    |
    |
    10​
    |:water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water:|
    |
    1350583​
    |
    11​
    |:water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    16646619​
    |
    |
    12​
    |:water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    20297026​
    |
    3910544​
    |
    13​
    |:water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water:|
    |
    |
    14​
    |:water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water: + :water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    38930279​
    |
    |
    15​
    |:water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    45584666​
    |
    9004923​
    |
    16​
    |:water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    52239054​
    |
    |
    17​
    |:water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water:|
    58893443​
    |
    11146107​
    |
    18​
    |:water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water:|
    58893443​
    |
    11146107​
    |

Sarasvati:

Tested using the following team:
    |+
    :questions:|Matched Orbs|:monster5:|:misc17:|
    5​
    |:water::water::water::water:|
    |
    |
    6​
    |:water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    1228436​
    |
    |
    7​
    |:water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    1758334​
    |
    538452​
    |
    8​
    |:water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water:|
    |
    |
    9​
    |:water::water::water: + :water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    8844745​
    |
    1511699​
    |
    10​
    |:water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    11388251​
    |
    |
    11​
    |:water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    |
    4678482​
    |
    12​
    |:water::water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    |
    |
    13​
    |:water::water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    24801702​
    |
    6251482​
    |
    14​
    |:water::water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water:|
    |
    9137354​
    |
    15​
    |:water::water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water:|
    |
    |
    16​
    |:water::water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water:|
    |
    10064266​
    |
    17​
    |:water::water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water:|
    |
    |
    18​
    |:water::water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water::water::water: + :water::water::water::water::water::water:|
    |
    |

Overall damage improves when using a second Andromeda over Barbarossa, but Barbarossa offers great armor break potential and utility. He can be run on You Yu's team as well, but is a better fit for Sarasvati thanks to her team's numerous skill boosts.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  6. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Priority list (Updated 11/1/2016)
    Stolen from ainvar: [link]
    :tamadra: awaken
    :egg5: evolve
    :misc13: max level
    :misc18: skill up
    :misc10: plus eggs
    :awakening18::awakening14::awakening5: etc. latents
    :misc3: High priority
    :misc4: Low priority

:fire: Fire
    :misc3: Krishna :misc18::egg5:
    :misc3: Antares :misc18:
    :misc3: Awoken Leilan :misc18:
    :water: Water
    :misc3: Awoken Orochi #2 :misc18:
    :misc4: Sharon :misc10:
    :misc4: Amon :misc18:
    :misc4: Mori Motonari #1:misc13:
    :misc4: Mori Motonari #2 :egg5::misc13::tamadra::misc18:
    :earth: Wood
    :misc3: Mechanical Athena :misc18:
    :misc3: Australis #1 :misc18:
    :misc4: Australis #2 :egg5::misc13::misc18::tamadra:
    :misc4: Sylvie :misc18:
    :light: Light
    :misc3: Myr :misc10:
    :misc3: Awoken DQXQ :misc10:
    :misc3: Apocolypse :misc10:
    :misc3: Wukong :misc10:
    :misc3: Awoken Venus :misc10:
    :misc3: Bride Izanami :misc18::misc13::misc10:
    :misc4: Ariel :misc13:
    :dark: Dark
    :misc3: Okuni #2 -> Awoken Okuni :misc18:
    :misc4: Christmas Haku :misc18:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  7. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Right now I'm working on skilling up some of the new collab cards. But having terrible luck outside of Pys!

I rolled the following from the Kenshin collab (CHR):

Skilling up has been a pain.. In the runs I've done I've max skilled and easily. is at sk lv.6.

I don't really know what I'd use him for either. Maybe as SI for YY? or on one of my subs. He seems good for Sarasvati in theory, but isn't really a good choice as a SI onto her since she can have permanent up-time on her active skill if used constantly.

Main thing I was happy about is and the fact I have a good number of dupes. She's great SI material. I have one evolved and threw 3 woodpys onto her. I'll work on her slowly incase I get a ryune for BMyr, otherwise she'll likely be SI onto my LMyr when I get that team up and running.

is also a great silver! I'll probably SI onto my AceBastet team whenever that comes around. Could work with YY too given that Besch converts wood and skuld enhances wood orbs.. but it's less than ideal. Main benefit is a shorter CD than since I dont have

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  8. Seriouscat

Seriouscat Serious Business

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  9. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey! How are things going? You going to make a blog now? :p

10. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Did some damage testing with my YY team so I can benchmark how many orbs I need. Also experimenting with formatting.

EDIT: Removed, I have an updated version of the table here

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    RageSedai likes this.
  11. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @RageSedai No problem!

As an FYI, since I just realized I didn't call out the team I used to test this with:

I assumed each YY had 5 atk latents, with +99 attack on each card. So a brand new YY will likely have lower damage in each case, until you hypermax everything.

RageSedai likes this.
  12. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @RageSedai That's still a pretty good team!

Hermes and Skuld work together in the same way that Skuld and BEsh do, only marginally less effective. Gabriel is your weak link, but still effective. Sharon might actually be better, because you can placing spare enhance orbs into the bottom row. She isn't as good for YY as Nut, but killers can also be really useful. Gabriel on the other hand can never make enhanced blue orbs on his own, but does work with hermes by enhancing hearts.

I don't think you'll have much trouble clearing content with your YY team as it is. YY's multiplier makes damage silly at the high end, but tanking big hits is tricky. I also have an A Isis I use w/ an Awoken Indra inherit for that purpose if I need it.

13. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's not the actives that work well together, just the cards themselves :p Skuld generates both wood and heart enhance orbs (if you're lucky) with her awakenings. This allows you to activate your leaderskill after using hermes active, even if there are no enhanced blue orbs on the board.

RageSedai likes this.
  14. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @RageSedai

Definitely! I honestly think that Skuld is one of the best YY subs now that I've played with a variety of different teams. She has amazing HP, perfect awakenings (for the reasons mentioned), TPA (because YY really can't be bothered with rows), and a board change that includes hearts.

I really wasn't a fan of the board change at first, because it didn't guarantee enhance orbs. I ran Yomidragon extensively before purchasing YY and got really tired of orb troll from Haku's active (before I ran Akechi). It wasn't until I pulled BEsch in the recent event that I gave her a chance.

Another reason to consider Sharon / Nut is to fix a Skuld board. Now that I'm used to doing so, I just store enhance orbs on the side of the screen for use with Nut's active. This way, if I have Skuld and Nut up at the same time, I can use Nut to fix the board in most cases if I do get trolled. Sharon would work the same way.

We probably wont get him, but is my favorite (theoretical) solution for fixing a board. He's not entirely necessary but guarantees an activation and boosts heal. Win win for most blue teams in the meta.

15. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @RageSedai The short CD is nice, if you need to clear jammers/poison constantly throughout a dungeon. Unfortunately, since poison is converted by red half of his active, I tend to prefer to use him in jammer dungeons in theory. But YY teams can get to 6-7 :awakening16:s pretty easy, allowing you to run cards like and have it ready by turn 1. This is even easier with her new ultimate with 2 :awakening16:.

Of course, this assumes you have Alrescha.. if Beast Rider Merlin is your only option, he's an awesome choice for it. Just remember, you can also use board changes like Skuld to do the same job. I honestly prefer to do so in poison heavy dungeons, since you usually will want to heal up.

RageSedai likes this.
  16. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I did some more damage testing today. Theory crafting a Saravati team. I ran through a lot of builds, and surprisingly the one below preformed the best.

|+
    If I don't need to break defense though, I'll run a second Andromeda, since max damage (and all row damage) improves.

I edited one of my reserved post to keep the information, but quoted it below in case I decide to change things in the future.

RageSedai likes this.
  17. Seriouscat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I do have a blog don't rarely update lol. Let me know if you want to coop sometime. The game has changed so much now that it's so much more efficient with multiplay mode, and with the meta shifting so quickly you almost have to farm in in coop to keep up.

I still enjoy the challenges of doing everything in single mode the most though, trying to pass every dungeon zero stone in single player at once.

18. Seriouscat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You can also cheese when sarasvati buffs comes over... 4 moris and sarasvati with the new evo and updates means everyone is up turn one for major haste system.

RageSedai likes this.
  19. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Seriouscat For sure, I definitely want to get into multiplayer a bit more. To be honest I've only ever co-op'd once, for the recent quest addition. But I want to clear Mech Hera / Mech Zeus sometime soon, and co-op seems to be my only hope unless I get lucky with BMyr lol.

Saras / Mori x4 sounds fun, shame I only have 2 mori's. I could always fill in the rest of the team with 2 SB orb converts, but its not as smooth :p Guess ill wait and see if I pull any others from the rem down the road.

RageSedai likes this.
  20. Seriouscat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Do you have Sephiroth? If so Mzeus coop should be easy. Biru can certainly do it, but the cross with 8 combos on final floor is :bucktooth:

Mhera with Biru is also possible. Just have to stall on the water dragon for 5 turns lol.