[Team Building] Advanced Guide to Team Building v1.12

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Sederien, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Anemone

Anemone New Member

RE: [Team Building] Advanced Guide to Team Building v1.1

Thank you so much for every advice. My problem is, having a lot of monsters, but lack of skill to used it. I tried to use Egyptian gods so many time, but extremely uncomfortable with it. Odin and Orochi also. everytimes I get into a dun without 20k HP I feel unsafe TT TT
    Maybe I need to improve my skills first > </

2. Kaz

Kaz Active Member

Glad to see that i have been building my teams in the right directions....my mains are wood, dark and egyptian teams. Only piece i am missing from egyptian is a susanoo which is humbly replaced by either pavarti or Awoken Odin just for the extra hp/healing. My wood and dark teams are solid and just need the level ups to be perfect xD

3. Sederien

Sederien New Member

Now with pictures!

4. jade

jade the lamp of experience

aw man, now I have to update mine too! But, I haven't worked out that sig thing yet :-/

I'll try at some point. I need to update anyways, I've been playing Blue Odin for a while as have some friends and I want to add some more team builds that work in practice.

5. Frank

Frank Member

When 5.1 comes out I would be pretty darn happy if I got my hands on that blue archangel for my mono blue. Another blue org changer and free heal orbs? Sign me up.

6. Sederien

Sederien New Member

*shrugs*

At 13 turns, it's kinda like Hermes's active skill. Useful, but a luxury and not a necessity. Now if we could actually skill 'em down to 8 (I assume), then we'll talk. :D

7. jade

And Angels are gods so possibly more builds for my blue Odin teams.

8. Sorrows

Sorrows New Member

After a few days of playing with the Zeus team to compare it to the Blue Odin team it isn't even a contest in my eyes.

Zeus team is a paper tiger. It is all big and scary until anything hits it then it all falls apart.

I maxed out my Enchilada to get her down to a 10 turn cooldown on the stun.

The team setup I was using was Zeus leader with Verche, Valk, Parvati, and Enchilada. Great team just not as consistent as I would like. You sometimes get clipped by some little attack and it throws a monkey wrench into your whole run.

LONG LIVE TEAM VOLTRON.

I hands down absolutely love the blue odin rainbow team of death. Just rolling over everything is great fun. Oh I got hit by something? Luckily I have 2500+ rcv so any heart matches fill me back up.

Let us not forget stabbing things in the face.

[attachment=1052]

Now you can take this to the next level with the proper subs.

Shiva + Blue Odin vs Neptune

[attachment=1053]

And for all the folks who are big fans of the Egyptian gods. Sometimes Horus is amusing to take out for a night on the town.

[attachment=1054]

I clear crap so much faster with Voltron than the Zeus team. I know people love their Zeus teams. I just have so much more fun being able to match gems of ANY color to do good damage.

9. Tutu

Tutu Member

I would like to build up a mono blue team but the only "good" leader I have available is the Noel Dragon. Would it be a viable leader?

10. jade

Sorrows and others, I agree. I'm finding a rainbow blue Odin god team works best and gives me consistent clears. And I'm not even maxed on any god except Arch Hades. Isis is a great friend lead, match any three..., or other blue Odin friends and don't even think of matching orbs or focus on 3 orbs times 2 matches etc. I will update my post soon. Keep us posted, I think you have the highest blue Odin team I know of.

Tutu, in future update, blue Odin will go to 2.5x atk for gods and water monsters.

11. Sederien

Sederien New Member

This is my general take on Zeus as a leader as well. If you're looking for a 9x team, I prefer Isis (which I do not have) or Horus (which I do) because you can consistently perform combos and get your damage output whereas Zeus does not allow for such.

That having been said, I think Zeus is a wonderful mono-light sub and should be considered highly valuable for that alone.

12. Sederien

Sederien New Member

Viable, yes. But you'll be limited to only 2xATK or 2.5xATK with a Blue Odin friend (after a new update). That's not going to be enough long-term. So... you can do it short term, but I'd suggest getting a starter blue dragon as a lead instead.

13. Zefa

Zefa New Member

Let me know if I'm missing something but it seems that the dual dark elements for the Egyptian team (Isis) is just much better than dual light.

With the 2 Isis, Minerva/Hades/Ceres and heartbreaker team:

Pros:
    -Vampire max has 2796 hp, 1218 atk compared to valkyrie 2308 hp, 1189 atk
    -Vampire is also far easier to max skill than valkyrie.
    -Hades has a high main attack which also benefits more from dark orbs than light
    -Isn't dark/green Ceres and dark/water neptune (if running horus) more useful for specialized dungeons than their light counterparts? No idea on minerva's useful dual resist events
    -Dark easier to level than light

Cons:
    -Vampire has 463 rcv vs valkyrie 556, but its an egyptian team and healing doesn't play too much of a part

I have both vampire and valk and it seems black is just hands down better. I guess the only other factor is how useful light resist guys are or potential fit of valk/duals in other teams.

14. Sederien

Sederien New Member

I think that's pretty well reasoned... and with the upcoming angels and demons, light tends to have orb changers which isn't as good because you're removing a color from the board while dark hybrids have more useful skills in such a team.

I'll make a note on the guide. Thanks, Zefa!

15. Jaramei

Jaramei Member

Interesting. I wonder whether the same logic applies equally to Horus, wherein a lineup with a heartbreaker outperforms the rainbow mono-utility approach proposed as an ideal setup.

Something like G/B Ceres, W/B Hades, Vamp, and Orochi with 2x Horus lead.

You're trading defense for a heartbreaker - a tough exchange to measure since both are functions that add consistency to that type of team.

I'll confess right now: these Egyptian teams puzzle me!

16. jade

As of 4/21/13, I updated the Blue Odin thread again. Check it out here.

17. Proc19

Proc19 New Member

That's an interesting question. I just started a thread on the high damage multiplier teams... I'll probably try and crunch the numbers for some of these what-if cases and see how things stack up.

18. gutsssu

gutsssu New Member

I took IronH's advice and made my water team I&I lead Sub Siegfried + fenrir + siren + orochi.. Sadly I just rolled the REM and i was hoping to get Archangel Gabriel... instead with my 10 rolls, I get"
    -Hermes
    -Dino Rider
    -Echidna, the red empress
    -Archangel Michael
    -Archangel Raphael
    -Archangel Lucifer

Now i need to figure out if i should stick with mono water and replace one of my members with Hermes even though I run with hermes friends now, or build a rainbow team because i got lucky with 3 archangel. You have been really helpful to me so far and I would like your pro input.

19. carlquincy

carlquincy New Member

Kinda silly question:

What actually does a late game mono-color team offer?

Can take on tough dungeons like Zeus, Hera, Valk with a Mono-Red of

Shiva - EtrE - Titan - PKH - Horus - Freyr/Ares (Friend) ?

20. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Well-Known Member

The ability to take on Normal and Tech dungeons at a quick pace with a good amount of safety and balance.

They also have the ability to take on Legend and Master dungeons with relative ease.

Sadly, descended dungeon (outside of Two Heroes ...and possibly Goemon with Mono-Blue) is usually largely out of question. Not impossible but highly unlikely. That is why so many want Lucifer. He fills that gap for Descended dungeons for when Mono-Color cannot. He is a lot safer and easier requirements to fill than say a Spike Damage Team.