[Team Building] Balanced Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by 5tan-DaMan, Nov 13, 2013.

1. 5tan-DaMan

5tan-DaMan New Member

Do you mind if I add that picture to the new descends spot?

2. Wits

Wits Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not at all, would've hoped to manage a better picture of it, but first time trying it out. It was on legend and Take died from that burst, just used the light damage to wittle her down to almost 75% before popping CuChu, ADKZ, Woodsie, and Tiny.

3. Johny Ny

Johny Ny New Member

Can someone help me? I know there are the list in the beginning buy I need some help determining which is the best xd....

So I have
    Level 61 Cuchu
    K. Woodsie
    ADKZ
    A-Dios.
    (PHK) I know I know.. ): it's for ADKZ atm
    and friend CuChu.

That's my current balanced team and I was wondering how I can improve on it.

I have a highlander sitting in my monster box, (I should make it a wolf king too right... yeah.. ): )
    or should I make my toytops (I thought this was such a troll roll but now i guess it paid off... with dividends too) to become a ultimate evo fortoytops?

4. Wits

Wits Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Definitely focus on the toytops. The luxury of a heartmaker for defense or offense with CuChu is very useful. You also won't often be having a need for a third heartbreaker because while these teams don't have horrible rcv, its still not really enough to just get rid of your hearts every other turn unless its mindless farming, let alone need that much orb changing. With toytops, most of your team would bring something big to the table (Zeus-Dios is really more of a stat stick than anything else the majority of the time).

5. bukka

bukka New Member

I second. Toytops is a really good member, but not a key member. You can take it off when you're farming (like OoH, you might want to put a vampire or smth that double att against light monsters). And most of the time, if you're planning on taking descends, you'll need your zeus dios and a green enhancer. (or ekidona, if you're taking on easier descends...)

Edit: I read my message again and it sounds like he's not even worth it, i really didn't mean that. I got used to playing my balance team without it but toytops is definitely a smart choice in a balance team (i.e. gonna save your a** if you're able to tank a hit)

6. whitethanatos

whitethanatos New Member

I didn't mean the descend or a big boss though, I just meant like basic farming, which is when we don't really need 17 turns to finish a dungeon, Robin's active would kick in sooner and then we'd have a mini burst. And that's exactly why I suggested vampires, because we could snipe some monsters. Same for verche but I guess it would counterbalance the whole green dark thing Balance has going on.

7. Johny Ny

Johny Ny New Member

Wow thanks for the detailed responses :) Thanks! I'm going to evolve it now and replace my PHK haha... oh dear. But for OoH I have no problem killing Floor 9 with just green, in fact it's rather easy. Anywho... Thanks for the awesome replies :) !

8. Fendeezy

Fendeezy Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Robin over Woodsie? If Robin's active is on a 4 turn timer?

9. Nairas

Nairas Member

For a balance team, I saw some running Echidna. My question is if she is totally necessary?

I have:

Cu Chu
    Elemental of Levity Sylph
    King Woodsie
    Fortoytops
    ADKZ

Since that is all balance, and Sylph ulti evo actually has decent stats, I wasn't sure if I should keep my Echidna in place. I definitely will use the above team against water dungeons / descends - sylph's skill is to negate all water dmg for 3 (i think) rounds.

Also, any reason to replace any of those with ECO Tiny Alma or DVL??

10. Wits

Wits Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Echidna isn't a necessity for a balanced team, its just a matter of preference. She provides high rcv for poor health and negligable attack, and depends on the person whether or not they want higher hp/attack at the cost of lower rcv and her active. I personally don't use her as often these days, though I did use her for Hera, but probably wouldn't have if I would just get my Woodsie maxed skilled already.

Sylph is decent, and the recent buff certainly helps, but the elementals are all still situational, especially at 20 turns for their actives. As you've mentioned its okay in a water dungeon, but shes just there as a stat stick in other dungeons, except she isn't exactly loaded with stats.

Tiny Alma is a decent replacement for non water dungeons. Her attribute doesn't really mesh with Cu Chu, but change the world is certainly fun to use for that massive damage with Woodsie. DVL is almost nothing but a stat stick. If you lack any other good sub, he can work, but not particularly well. I used to run with one, but it never felt like he brought much to the table since CuChu's damage usually did enough dark damage, and I almost never wanted to waste hearts on the mediocre dark damage compared to green (even less so after the team started getting better developed). If you want a sub with an attribute that matches the team, CDKZ would more than likely be better than DVL. Somewhat lower stats, but with an active that could actually see regular use.

11. D1m3TR1

D1m3TR1 non-IAP scrub

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    just rolled a yomi and deeply regretting not max-skilling my fourtoytops & artemis...and not rolling the batcha a second time for robin...

12. Fendeezy

Fendeezy Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @D1m3TR1, I feel your pain, I didn't really bother running ECO collab cause the teams I was working on had no need for any of the feeds, It wasn't until I was interested in building a balance team that I was kicking myself for not farming eco shabos for parvati or toytops, AND, to top it off, I fed my tiny almas to my Venus and not even a single skill up T_T

13. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
    Hey guys I've been running balance as my main team since ADK busty came through. Actually started experimenting with it before that too, but it's definitely my main farming team now. I'm looking to take it into some serious descends in the future. So far have only used it for Hera, but it was a comfortable (and fast) zero-stone.

Name: samuelburtt / サム@PF
    ID: 351 340 253
    Priority: 1
    Leader(s): Noble Boss Wolf Chu; Z. Dios (but he's still in the works and I'm not leading with him at this stage)
    Other Leads: Other leads in my sig. Particularly Freyja [+71]
    Other Info: Chu is MAX level, MAX skill, and +100 eggs at the moment. He's taking egg priority for now so expect this to grow.

I also think Shabo should be mentioned as a farmable toy-tops replacement in the sub-list, not just as his skill-up monster. Her stats aren't that far off, she's easy to max level, can be skilled-up, and is super cute. :p

She's a core member on my team most of the time!

14. bukka

bukka New Member

If anyone plays jp version, add me, I'm finally getting close to max my kufu.

Name: bukka
    ID: 198.430.824
    Priority: 1
    Leader(s): Noble Boss Wolf Chu. Asta for some descends
    Other Leads: Other leads in my sig + haku I got on last godfest
    Other Info: Chu is mx lvl +275. come to have fun farming OoH in 10 turns :)

15. 5tan-DaMan

5tan-DaMan New Member

do you play on the JP server?

16. 5tan-DaMan

5tan-DaMan New Member

do you also play on JP server?

17. KarinSan

KarinSan New Member

what happened to the friends list?! I need more chu chu trains in my life

18. whitethanatos

whitethanatos New Member

Bukka only plays on JP server.

Going to also add myself to the list.

Name: WhiteThanatos / Mofeto@PFD
    ID: 370660208
    Priority: 1 or 2 or 3
    Leader(s): Chu Chu Train; Ares; Goemon; Lolcifer
    Other Leads: Pavarti; Izanagi; Hera-UR
    Other Info: The reason the priority is so weird is because I'm going between Goemon and Chu right now, but during regular days I use Chu almost exclusively. Only Goemon/Luci during descends and risky farms. Chu-lvl56 [+19 eggs]; Ares-lvl64 [+23 eggs]; Goemon-lvl69 [+24 eggs] (I suck at distributing eggs.)

19. Tanshui

Tanshui New Member

Sam is on NA Server.

I am starting to use 9x Balance more and feel like I may have under-estimated it in the past. In the past week I've gone from almost never using Cu Chu leader to using him for Pal Points when out of Pal-Points-Eligible Artemis friends.

This week, I may try starting with Cu Chu first on my farms and see how that goes. I just got Zeus-Dios evolved and he's my main green feed right now paired with Athena who is getting the rest. Not sure how I can stall 30 turns though on tougher Descends.

20. bukka

bukka New Member

Indeed :)

Edit: oh and my name in game is also bukka ;)