[Team Building] Blue Sonia Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Hitch, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Kasi

Kasi Active Member

User ID:
    302 499 242
    Almost egged my Blonia (need skills from this Thursday though) and started on Sumire. First arena attempts are likely going to be with Lucifer, but I'd like to try Blonia too. If anyone wants to add me as friend I'd appreciate more Blonia buddies. Problem is I've not found a good way to balance all my teams usage. In any given day I run Shiva, Saria, Lucifer and Blonia as my most used leads. I will also be using Da Qiao when she comes out, although likely moving Shiva down at that time since Da Qiao can be my quick farming team too. So if anyone doesn't mind that slate of leaders being rotated around send me an invite.

From those three tank leads I like playing Blonia the most because she does better damage than Saria most of the time but isn't totally skill defendant like Lucifer. I agree Lucifer is the strongest, but I also enjoy it the least. Blonia fits a nice curve between my damage teams and my really tanky teams that is nice.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  2. CURIOUSCOMP

CURIOUSCOMP Flaccid Member

User ID:
    NA:300,485,211
    PADherder:
    link

send me a friend request. we have similar leads. :)

3. faustfu

faustfu Member

User ID:
    378 352 207
    I ran it a couple times with Kush-equipped Awoken Karin (Team: Blonia/Blonia/Orochi/I&I/Karin).

I mean, the last time it came around (before SI) I had run it just for shits and giggles and got all the way up to floor 19 then died to DQHera (not enough HP).

This last time around I had hoped to just tank Kali with Kush's shield (which would also get me past DQHera), but my head wasn't in the game so I never even got to use it. It's a long dungeon. I died to Hino after knocking him below 30%. I forgot what happened on my second attempt. Next time it comes around I'll mess around with it more. I have B/G Sakuya now, I am thinking of subbing her in to deal with Kali as well, maybe putting a shield on her makes more sense (tank DQ w/ shield, stall 10 for grav). Karin's active isn't all that useful.

I'm still experimenting. I put Blodin onto Nut and that's been pretty sweet to have as an extra burst option, especially not having christmas paulina (Blodin isn't that great since a Blonia team typically doesn't have many OE awakenings to begin with).

4. Kasi

Kasi Active Member

User ID:
    302 499 242
    Been having a lot of fun with the Blonia team so far. Been running Blonia, Sumire, Sumire, Mori, I&I and friend. Will change Mori to Blonia when I get my second one skilled, since Mori is already max skilled. It's quite a lot of damage and Sumires do work well for fixing boards. Amusingly enough this team has more move time than my Shiva team. Finished egging Blonia and working on Sumire 1 now. Probably finish I&I next before seeing where to go after. Might end up working on Arthur first for Da Qiao after Sumire.

CURIOUSCOMP likes this.
  5. faustfu

faustfu Member

User ID:
    378 352 207
    Definitely sympathize with trying to juggle multiple leads. There are lots of teams I'd like to run regularly but I feel like in-game friends want consistency, especially when they pick you as best friends.

Also I have a decent Awoken Pandora team I could be building for Arena 2 right now, but despite playing similar to Blonia I just don't find it to be as fun.

6. Kasi

Kasi Active Member

User ID:
    302 499 242
    Yeah I just find Lucifer to be tedious a lot. So many boards with 5 orbs that don't do anything. Plus my usual team doesn't have a lot of move time so I can't fix it very easily. It is powerful but just not that much fun. Persephone seems a bit more fun right now.

7. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well it sounds like arena 1 is coming back next tuesday permanently. My Bonia team is almost ready to go.

What do you guys think is a better arena team?
    Team: Bonia / Bonia / Bonia / Amon / Skuld / Bonia
    Inherits: awoken I&I, awoken Sakuya (grav + bind clear)

Bonia / Bonia / Bonia / Sumire / Skuld / Bonia
    Inherits: awoken I&I, some sort of gravity

8. Kasi

Kasi Active Member

User ID:
    302 499 242
    Took long enough and didn't quite get there but got Blonia number one to max skilled and Blonia number two to one shy of max skill.

Guvitron likes this.
  9. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yep, my 2nd bonia got maxed, and my 3rd is two away. I will likely py the rest, as I have 5 saved for YY anyways.

10. CURIOUSCOMP

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    seems like a few of us took advantage of 1/2 stam thursday trifruits. :) i got my blonia max skilled (finally) too, after being 1 shy for months.

11. Kasi

Kasi Active Member

User ID:
    302 499 242
    I think I used 4-5 stones yesterday between that and Predras. I wanted to get some Yamatsumi in as well for blue jewels but didn't prioritize it as much.

12. faustfu

faustfu Member

User ID:
    378 352 207
    Anyone get any Arena clears? What's your setup?

I'm starting to see my set up is not going to work. I have a shield inherited to tank Kali, but I also need to use that shield to tank DQ Hera's preemptive, so I throw that out. My team (Blonia/Blonia/Orochi/I&I/Karin) is fully hypermaxed team, both of my Blonias are stacked with HP latents, plus friend with HP latents, I'm topping out at a bit over 37K.

If I use the shield (Kush's shield on Awoken Karin) I have to stall 16 turns on whoever is up before Kali. If you get Beelz, that's a shitty situation because using a Blonia board change means possibly knocking him below 50%. I got beelz my last run and hadn't been able to heal up to tank his next move. IDK how consistent my setup is.

With dark resists I can tank Hera, but I don't know where to farm those currently (I can farm Volsung, but water resists are invading that right now). I might have to wait a few coin rotations before I can stack enough resists to not have to use an active for Hera.

I can also try subbing in Music Club Sakuya instead of Karin, maybe putting a shield on her, so I can use the shield for Hera, then stall 10 turns for her gravity to be up for Kali. We'll see I suppose.

13. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am a bit confused how Bonia is meant to be consistent for arena 1.

I tried a few times today, with a few different setups, and I am struggling to see how I am supposed to be able to burst through fatty on 12 and awoken meimei on 15? with 2 rows, I can't break 1.5 million on fatty, without using I&I. If I use her, then there's a chance I can't stall it back up before MeiMei...

Currently I have I&I skill transfered to my 3rd bonia, but I still cant do enough raw dmg unless I get a lucky bonia board on fatty to kill him without using I&I (I would need 3 rows, or 2 +tpa). If I use her as a sub, I would still need to be able to stall 12 turns before A.MeiMei, and if I hit sopdet > leviathan > A.Meimei... am I screwed?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  14. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, I think I answered my own question. I underestimated Awoken I&I's high atk. I fed my 297+ zera to her, and tossed her on the team.

I finally beat arena 1! First time :p

I ran Bonia, Bonia (hathor gravity), Bonia, Skuld, Awoken I&I. I was able to kill fatty with a decent bonia board. I did hit Awoken Meimei, and I popped sonia and I&I, and failed to break the defense once. popped another bonia, and cleared through.

After Grisar, I got Zeus Vulcan, Defound, DQ Hera, and DKali.

It's so nice having so much raw hp, and having high recovery. my team currently sits at just under 40k HP. I am still missing 5 hp latents to finish off Skuld and 3rd Bonia.

Not sure if anyone actually reads this thread anymore lol.

faustfu and CURIOUSCOMP like this.
  15. Golden119

Golden119 Monsieur Gung-ho, you are spoiling us.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My first Arena clear was Bonia (A.Karin, Amberjack, I&I, Bodin) pre skill inheritance. I gambled on not meeting DQH because at the time, Ryune had a weaker LS and I wanted really easy stalling.

To be safe, you probably need a double burst (eg, I&I+Bodin) for the nastier spawns like MeiMei and Fatty and of course Kali. But that leaves you blowing or saving 3-4 actives at a time, which obviously leaves very little for emergency or the pre-Kali floors. Luckily of course, 3 hearts heals you back to full in any non-bind/non-OHKO situation.

I think now the right answer (unless you can meet DQH threshold naturally, or with latents) is to pair with Ryune, bring I&I, and inherit Bodin somewhere. If I hadn't hypered my Bodin, I would do this. Ryune now gets the same multiplier as Bonia on active skill use, and 16+ blue orbs enhanced with I&I will almost certainly be enough for Kali, MeiMei, anything. And you are still healing 15-20k per combo (you have to try harder than pure Bonia, sure)

You are still using 3-4 actives on bursting but you bring 60k or whatever tank HP pool to ensure you have them, and aren't carrying the mostly-useless active of Bodin along for most of the dungeon.

Having the natural HPs to bring double Bonia is far superior though.

All IMO.

16. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I ran it again, and failed to break awoken meimei's defense. I suppose if used row bi-colour boards it might have been enough. So far that encounter seems to be the worst for my team. The only blue enhance I could transfer is my awoken yomi, but I use that card...

17. faustfu

faustfu Member

User ID:
    378 352 207
    I think I'll try that out. I have Bodin inherited onto Nut, although she doesn't have any plusses.

18. awanger

awanger Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think I've hit a wall in trying to build my blonia team especially after the LS got changed to 4 orbs. Am I supposed to be running rows still or TPA? Both? "Depends on the dungeon?" My current general purpose team is: Blonia, Blonia, Andromeda, A.Karin, B/L Hermes, Blonia. Sometimes I throw Nut on there if I need a lower CD orb maker. Those are my best row monsters; I also have U&Y, Orochi, Sun Quan (right now B/G but the awoken just came out; haven't evo'd him). For utility I have snow white and water dragon knight. I don't have I&I or Sumire.

I want to run rows...but all the utility monsters are TPA. I want to love Blonia but...I don't. She's still more fun than Awoken Luci but not as fun as the Yomis or Shiva (I just happen to have the perfect subs for Shiva).

19. CURIOUSCOMP

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    depends on the dungeon, but i usually try to conserve orbs, and make 1 4-orb match on trash floors. that's enough to proc the leaderskill enough of the time. but then rows all the way for harder floors.