[Team Building] Da Qiao and Xiao Qiao

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by Vexatious, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vexatious

Vexatious Well-Known Member

My alt account managed to pull one of these out of the current Godfest, and since NA players are just getting a hold of these, I figure it would be a good time to start up a thread to discuss team building with DqXq, and what works for people. Not much in US yet for this, but I did find a couple of Japan videos on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxi-DrnYCQ

0-stone clear of the red/blue dragon dungeon using (all max level) DqXq +297, UEvo Echidna, G/L Parvati +297, Izanagi, L/D Venus and a friend DqXq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8sMutixZ50

0-stone clear of the Gold Keeper dungeon using (all max level) DqXq +190, UEVo Echidna +297, WR Valk +297, L/L Venus +297, Sandalphon +4, and a friend DqXq +168. No dark in this team, presumably to keep from triggering the Gold Keeper's Tamadra shield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkAJgQ1uJt4

Same team on the Valk descend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBcQtvcDmzs

Same team on Trifruit. It looks like there are both light and water row enhances being used here.

2. prem

prem ill learn to spell one day i swear

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meEccWV_Srw&index=3&list=UUcscqjnKyqnPe8xmAgNjRVQ

hera-sol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXCdOggighY&list=UUcscqjnKyqnPe8xmAgNjRVQ

diff gold keeper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otBsMWQg2qQ&list=UUcscqjnKyqnPe8xmAgNjRVQ

dios

3. boredcouch

boredcouch Member

Posted this is the group email chain I'm lucky to be part of:

Just quickly theorizing a descend team for dqxq.

Dqxq
    Valk
    Shynee
    Venus
    Echidna
    Dqxq

Looks pretty decent I'd say. All colors except dark are covered (which is killed by DQ active anyways), got delay, orb changers for light DMG boosts, CTW and Shynee for huge healer burst. Let's gooo!

It should still be same probabilty of horus to activate 16x since heal orbs are now part of the activation and less the dark orbs.

You can also just sub in Hera is for Shynee to farm. So many possibilities with this monster both as a leader and even a sub in a healer Valk team.

4. Fendeezy

Fendeezy Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    DQXQ is such a versatile lead, you just choose subs based on dungeon mechanics.

5. carelol

carelol New Member

Yeah, I agree. She is a fantastic overall character and doesn't create too many limitations.

I also saw that healer team with DQXQ, but I unfortunately do not have any of those subs besides Valk. King Shynee I can get, but Naga eludes me...

I am excited to see what teams we can build with DQXQ though.

6. Cylore

Cylore New Member

Glad to see some others pull DQXQ. I actually pulled them on a reroll account before the godfest, so I've been rolling with Isis or Bastet friends. Account is only rank 50 and my DQXQ are only like level 30, but they are a lot of fun to play! I sent you a friend request Vex :p

Don't have much to add build-wise, as my DQXQ are still babies, but Venus has excellent synergy, with either ult evo. Thor would probably be a good Shynee replacement for those not running healer. After their active, you end up with white/green/blue (and hearts) so those would be the colors one could focus on - either white/green or white/blue. Probably as mono light as possible is best though...

I will be running DQXQ and eventually Bonia. My ID is 329 014 336 if anyone running one of these cares to add.

7. gjaustin

gjaustin New Member

I recently pulled DQXQ as well and intend to use them as my main.

Feel free to add me: 376,948,248

8. Skyburst

Skyburst Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm interested in knowing why Sun Quan isn't listed. Is it because it's too early and too few people have him and DQXQ?

Or is it more of a choice to continue to go with Echidna + Shynee/Sandalphon instead.

My basic understanding for SQ is -

+Compresses two healer roles into one
    +Way better stats than Echidna and Shynee
    +(IMO) better boost than Shynee; 2x 2-turn > 3x 1-turn

-Times when you do not want to delay and burst at the same time (!)
    -No dual color
    -Doesn't add the 4th color (fire/dark) for the 4 color req.
    -Delay is weaker and longer CD than Ech
    -Better synergy with Blue Valk (which people don't have) rather than Valk

Please chime in.

9. Cylore

Cylore New Member

Warning : Pure theorycrafting - my current team consists of Ogres and a Vamp (but I am running Enchidna :p)

I think you pretty much nailed it. The cooldown and not providing a new color are pretty big drawbacks. That said, if we're going to skip black, then Valk/Shynee/Sun/Enchidna is an option. 2 delays and 2 bursts.

Due to the lack of black healers and the desire to cover at least 4 colors, we're pretty much stuck with Enchidna for red and Valk for green. Luckily, these are actually pretty good options. Valk -> DQXQ active will help with making more light orbs for the active and Enchidna is always useful. Maybe Ceres to deal with binds? Bastet? Maybe useful in certain situations. Of course, you can pair with Bastet instead if you don't have her. She covers green. Since the healer version of the DQXQ team doesn't concentrate on row enhance, spread cats becomes more useful, although probably not as useful as another DQXQ active. Maybe for trifruits? And certainly Lilith's poison is sometimes desired, say for twinlits.

Is Sun more useful in general than Venus or Shynee? Not sure. He provides more utility at the cost of one giant stacked burst. Sandalphon/Venus in place of Sun/Shynee is probably a viable strategy as well. Basically boils down to what you have available and what the dungeon calls for.

Then there's non-healer - Is Venus/Athena/Thor and Red Divinegon better than the healer version? Thor's active is weaker any given turn than Shynee or Sun, but 7 row enhances + CTW + orb enhance would be a good burst. Plus 2 more turns of x1.5. It covers all of the colors and it's all light main. Valk maybe in place of Athena or Venus? Apollo could fit in here somewhere too for mini-boss burst and he covers red...

I think it's hard to discuss team-building for DQXQ in general terms because there are so many options depending upon the task. Throwing out REM gods, the farmable team would be Valk/Enchidna/Shynee and Lilith? Dark Carbuncle? :p

10. LeopoldQBloom

LeopoldQBloom Member

They key with DQXQ it seems to me is to focus on light damage just like in a standard healer team. Stick with primarily light subs and exclude dark altogether.

Key subs would always be:

Valk (heart to light for more light orbs and more damage)
    King Shynee (light and 3x burst for healers)
    Echidna (covers red and the ever awesome menace)
    ? (the free sub spot depending on what you need)

Venus would be awesome for light, healer, CTW, and light row enhance. Maybe include Angelion or Parvarti if you need a heart maker. L. Meta for bind removal + skill boosts. You don't even need a healer sub in the last spot if you don't want to.

11. pho

pho New Member

my JP account uses apollo, valk, echidna dubmyth to cover the dark as it makes it easier to activate until i can get a king gold dragon to make my king shynee. But i agree apollo is a good substitute as he can provide a nice light burst as long as you got atleast 3 blue, 3 green and 3 red on the board.

DQXQ's light and blue row enhance is kind of wasted when runnin with all healers, you will at most get total of 3 light, 2 blue, possibly 4 light when we get sandalphon.. so its always better to make combos but the ctw and dqxq allows for easier light rows.

12. Tear

Tear Member

Yeah this sounds about right. You'd probably want to replace King Shynee with Sandalphone when he's out. Echidna also seems like a spot you might want to replace depending on the dungeon, although it would have to be something with dark/red to even justify doing so as you'd give up Menace for easier activation (see the above video links posted by Prem). Agree with your last point about the free spot. I'd personally go with venus or l.meta.

13. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

Heck, you could just use Chaos Venus to cover dark and lose out on one sub for the healer burst.

14. Skyburst

Skyburst Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think it's best to leave Dark out altogether. It will allow for stalling and a Chinese god-esque playstyle of clearing off colors once every few turns. Lilith is awful for a spike team and Dark Valk's active does not mix with DQXQ.

This means that you must include Fire, which only comes in the form of Echidna (or Fire Valk, which again does not mix with DQXQ)

Therefore, I think months from now non-healer DQXQ teams will be much more popular than the healer variety.

15. Kapo

Kapo Member

Yeah I'm thinking of a God DQXQ team with DQXQ / Apollo / Izanagi / Athena / ? / DQXQ

The last sub can be delay (Orochi), CTW (Venus) or 2 row boost 1 skill boost (Divinegon)

Any thought ?

16. m00nsea

m00nsea New Member

Am I on the right track with the following god team?

DQXQ / Izanagi / Verche / Amaterasu / GOdin or Sun Quan?

17. Ryeee

Ryeee Well-Known Member

If you have Izanagi or Thor for burst and want to have dark use .

You can take advantage of row enhance here; don't think you have to stay healer.

6 row enhance
    5 skill boosts
    4 orb changers

You could sub a non-max skilled Fuma or Valk for Echidna (red), Sandol, Sun Quan, Echidna, Angelion for survivability.

18. m00nsea

m00nsea New Member

^^ Yeah that's the reason. Maybe Persephone? Or Sun Quan to tag along with GOdin.

https://www.padherder.com/user/m00nsea/monsters

19. prem

prem ill learn to spell one day i swear

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    best team me and my friend came up with when it eventually comes out

dqx, echidna, hera-sol, sandalphone, valk

2 damage reductions, stall, 2x burst and enhance burst, 3.5k rcv prety good health completely farmable 4 rows.

20. Skyburst

Skyburst Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Has everyone's friend's list just exploded with DQXQ's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.