[Team Building] Dark Kouryu Emperor, Fagan (ALL DRAGON USERS ARE WELCOMED TO BE ADDED!!)

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Macaquinho, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Mathematician of butt-kicking

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    No dupes, obviously double D Zaerog gets as much love. Otherwise, DL Fagan hands down. I have hypermax DL Fagan best friends so your Fagan may not get as much attention. Your double D may get a good deal of love if you choose to be one of the very select few to actually max-skill him. On the other hand, Infinirog is gonna come, might be better to focus your resources on him instead of max skilling double D. No matter what, DL Fagan will always get considerably more love from your friend list, since damage is literally the only thing that matters in farming.

2. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    I feel obligated to say that I'm only comboing so hard because I don't want to get rusty :v

Literally one tpa of any represented colour will probably wipe the floor

3. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Finally got to completing the farmables section! Our choices aren't so good though, so...ehhhhh.

I think what needs to be fixed now is the pros/cons section, now. It used to be that DL Fagan's damage was effin' fantastic. Now, it's good, but it won't surprise anyone's pants off. Oh the memories. Powercreep, please grant DL Fagan some mercy. If not, Gung Ho, please make a descend worthy Fagan. A uuvo DL Fagan???

Other than that, how's everyone's 3x normals going? Are ya guys making use of my DL Fagan? I'd farm the hell out of that, but most of my natural stamina is committed to finishing the descend challenge. I might actually be able to fully complete this sort of thing for the first time :D.

4. Kiba

Kiba Back on the Grind

User ID:
    368, 831, 459
    Fagan is still a beast when it comes to farming. I don't think I could use anyone else. It's so quick. Also, I'm still waiting for Awoken Fagan or somethin'.

3x normals are going pretty good I'd say, better than I expected actually, so I don't have to spend stones on star vault. I thought I wouldn't benefit from it because I had to max skill Zeus Mercury, but I managed to do that in 2 days.

Also I finally managed to max skill this guy.

image.jpg

Macaquinho likes this.
  5. puñal

puñal Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    Is anyone else super hyped for Cao Cao's skill up dungeon?? I keep longingly gazing at my Cao Cao and hoping the dungeon will be coming the next event. Then I can perfect my coin dungeon team :D:D:D:D

6. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Man, Cao Cao, please grace my box with your royalty chinese thingies....fortune cookies...dimsum...whatever. I just want you, period. What's your coin dungeon team in mind @puñal ? Did I brainstorm one for ya a while back?

Also, since I literally have no clue what else to update for this guide besides the new dragons that Gung Ho may/may not release, and I'm considering moving on to another guide project (damage calculation vs husbando appreciation?), this guide might take a break. The occasional updates will definitely be there for whatever new cool things Gung Ho pumps out. The only significant stuff is overhauling outdated info (subs who may be outdated, new subs that may be released, etc.). If there's a huge reason the guide hasn't been updated, it's because:

a)DL Fagan is sooooooooo craptastic at descends. Not even GGY-crap, so bad that there is no way for me to do any new descends without heavy-investment on the REM or specialized subs for one dungeon and that's it. Fagan can't receive it like a champ -_-
    b)Farming team ideas/compositions/subs are more/less constant. There is almost literally no need to change up those sections since farming is one of the few constants without much change in the game.

The one thing I'll definitely keep an eye on is the friend directory. Will fix that up.

Just cuz the guide won't be as updated often doesn't mean you guys shouldn't bug me with whatever questions you have.
    If there are any ideas you guys want to pitch in, let me know! Maybe it'll revitalize my passion for revamping the guide. But no worries, as long as my DL Fagan stands, this guide will not go away anytime soon.

Kiba and puñal like this.
  7. puñal

puñal Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    @Macaquinho You did brainstorm some teams for me earlier! I was probably going to run either:

or

The poison is too nice on piis and I find that I don't always use Yamato unless I'm really lacking on orbs. I feel like the delay+orb change would be more helpful for clearing bosses with no worries on flubbing combos or anything.
    I do have to say this and the GGY guides are definitely my two favorite to follow. Let's just hope for a new Fagan Uvo soon. Fagan ∞ anyone? :p

8. Lord Regulus

Lord Regulus Dragon Puzzler

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Macaquinho
    My D/L Fagan love has dropped a bit as well, but I am committed to Dragons as much as possible. I did beat Valk descended with Fagan so I'll be sure to post that when I have time. Next Draconic Goal is to skill-up D/D Zaerog so he'll be my first hypermax. I'll update my Padherder later to adjust levels, awakenings, and evolves as I need help to set up a team that can beat LE without much effort. So makes me wish I could roll an Apoc, Ronia, or Gronia to solve my lack of Dragon board changing.

Also, gonna start farming Alt. Coins a lot more in the hopes of stumbling across Wood Piis for Draggie and Awoken Bastet.

@ All My Other Friends
    Speaking of more "useful" leads, keep an eye out for my Awoken Bastet around the bend though, all I have to do is evolve Sphinx and Medjedra. She'll be my go-to lead for descends along with Urd. Just wish my Green side was a bit stronger to match her. I got some good subs for her, but they aren't leveled, awoken, or skilled as Green is my most neglected attribute.

And then at some point in the distant future, I'll have done something with my 3 Ra's I'm sitting on...

9. discoboy

discoboy Member

Got my +297 on Fagan today! Just needed a few more rcv eggs.
    Here are the teams I'd been using for 3x normals.
    KOG - DFagan/Kagu/Kagu/Ronia/Shogun/DFagan. Pretty consistent 2:10 clear time. Dark, Fire, or Light prong to sweep early floors. Might want to get 2 extra combos with the light. Use Kagu on floors 8 or 9 if needed. 2 prongs for floor 8, 3 prongs for floor 9. Shogun+Ronia+Fagan floor 10.
    OOH - DFagan/LiuBei/Liubei/Kagu/Ra/DFagan. Single prong of dark, wood, fire, or light to sweep each floor. All except light can also kill mystic masks and metal dragons. Use Ra on floors 2 and 10. Single prong of wood or dark for floor 9. Consistent sub 1:20 clear time.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  10. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Aamir Mythical Clear

All subs max-skilled except Godin (slvl 6). DL Fagans' hypermaxed.

Floor 1: Sweep while conserving fire/dark orbs.

Floor 2: Fire/dark TPA the wood ninja for a 1HKO. The water ninja is easy to stall the elemental absorption and for skills. Godin's auto-heals helps you to endure her constant 1 turn attack harassment. Heal while conserving dark/fire orbs. When you are ready to move on, constantly heal back to full HP until she does her bind attack. After the bind attack, go for the 1HKO.

Floor 3: You can kill pretty easily in 3 turns if you clear enough of the board. Nothing special. Try to conserve dark/fire orbs.

Floor 4: Use Zeus Vulcan to delay. You should be able to kill in 2 turns if you can clear enough of the board

Floor 5: Use Ronia to 1HKO. Move on.

Floor 6: Use Kagu to 1HKO. Move on.

Floor 7: Stall for all your skills. Again, Godin's auto-heals enable you to stall easily. When you are above 80%, match off-colors and preserve heal orbs You can chip her down a little bit with a few on-color matches as long as she does not dip below 50%. When you are <80%, use heal orbs conservatively and clear as much of the board when you can. You *must* chip her down close to 50% without going into her water subtype. When you are ready to move on and are <80%, heal to full and wait for Theurgia to use her heartbreaker attack, since it will not knock you below the zone. Use Kagu to go for the kill. If he does not kill, you're still okay, but you have one more turn to go for the kill.

Floor 8: First turn, clear the board while conserving heal orbs. You can match a TPA here and there as long as you do not trigger his 500k damage absorption and do not dip him below 50%. After the first turn, match as many heal orbs as you can. When Aamir's immunity wears off, use Zeus-Vulcan's delay and Godin's life drain. You will heal for the delayed turn since Godin's drain is not powerful enough to get you back into the zone. After the delayed turn, use double gravities + Ronia, then go for the fire/dark TPA rain kill.

Notes:
    -I chose Zeus-Vulcan over Echidna because of his immensely superior stats and awakenings and his being on-type to receive DL Fagan's multiplier.
    -Stalling is so important in the 2nd and 7th floor. Know when to use your skills to go for the kill.
    -The first 2 turns of floor 8 will screw you over if you are not properly prepared. Thankfully, Godin is a *lifesaver*
    -Godin is the true MVP for allowing me to receive hits like a pro. Without him, the dungeon may be nigh-impossible to win.

Attached Files:

11. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Important public announcement to make: Dark Insect Dungeon is up in this coin dungeon rotation! I shoulda noticed it a few days earlier! What does this mean? You get an opportunity to farm for DL Fagan's core poison sub (). You can run the insect series for a dupe-skill up method without resorting to badpy's, too, if you have the exp resources.

You also get the *best* and *easiest* opportunity to max-skilled CDD (this special guy: ).

Reasons to run dark insect dungeon and max-skill CDD:
    -You are non-IAP
    -The REM screwed you over and refused to give you DL Fagan's core farming subs
    -You need a unique :water:->:dark: orb changer in which only CDD fulfills (until Satsuki arrives)
    -You need a consistent burst board with

@Lord Regulus better get to running dark insect dragon. I'm very sure you can solely run dark insect dungeon and max-skill him by the end of the next event on natural stamina. You have no excuse to use the dupe skill up method.

12. Lord Regulus

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Macaquinho
    We'll see. Again, I don't intend to skill up CDD until Swallowtail is maxed out. I'm not hurting for dark att. dragon type orb changers after rolling Shadow Dragon Knight. I am hurting for Tamas though. Wanna get Chester and Grape awoken, but with my farming team sitting pretty stable, I need to spend the tamas on Descend teams. Looking at you Bastet and Kirin!

13. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    It's nice to relax and not worry too much about the guide. There is one summer REM sub that is absolutely amazing for many dragon teams, DL Fagan included. Beach Gonia, guys:

I'd get wet from the Wood/Dark TPA rain, but I'll have to unfortunately pass up on the summer REM. At least Beach Gonia's art is craptastic for me to not care as much (Beach Urd though...).

Also, attaching a snippet of my next project I'm working on. It's relevant to you guys cuz math. It'll help you to understand how TPA's and rows explicitly work in damage n' stuff. Hope it'll help some of you peeps :D.

Attached Files:

14. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    So...this just happened:

Aw yeah, CDD in the DL Fagan house! All on natural stamina and one stone! Thanks 2.5x skill-ups! I honestly dunno what team he'll fit in though, but hey, more options are always good! CDD might also be a sorta-kinda decent sub to have for Infinirog too. Speaking of Infinirog, I might work on this team for him:

Such a weird team. I got Kagu, RGBonia, and Vamp too to interchange (...and maybe awoken MeiMei since I don't have Haku D: ). At least with this team, I get any elemental orb changer to dark (fire, water, wood, light) without needing to compromise hearts. Full-poison boards = death though. That's where a Sonia comes in at least.

Attached Files:

15. Lord Regulus

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Mini Update:
    For those of you that have a Chester for those situations where you need a Poison/Jammer breaker on your Dragon teams, we have some skill-up fodder coming this way for the Summer Event. Looking forward to when it hits stateside.

16. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the reminder, man. That reminder also makes me remember to add Beach Chester and Beach Gonia to the sub list. Water dragon synergy is still shitty compared to the rest of the colors, but hey, it's something!

On second thought about Beach Gonia, she's not a grade S board changer for DL Fagan, since her active (15CD :earth:/:water: board change with 2 turn haste) is completely irrelevant to him. Definitely a decent sub if you make a :water::earth::dark: hybrid-ish team. It'll look like a total mess if you do try.

Just knowing that fact makes me absolutely certain that I lose any and every sort of interest with the summer REM if it arrives here. Whew! My stones are saved.

17. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    I was wondering if you knew beach gonia was g/b board changer when you posted about her lol but i figured you were just brainstorming about some silly entirely off-color team lmao

18. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh, a reason to farm Summer dungeon, something I was hoping not to find ;_;

19. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Been getting a lot of monsters to add for the past couple days! Monsters to update to the guide:

Not pictured: Odin Dragon

For Orochi, 4x TPA on a 4x dragon team = inta-wet, his craptatic 1k attack aside. One prong for each head! Too bad he's completely element off-type. Orochi also needs to be max attack +'ed in order to surpass LiUUU Bae's raw TPA damage too. Still, his addition is an *important* role to water dragons in being the first one with more than one U (UUUU wooo!).

Beach Chester, well, he definitely adds more dimension to water dragon teams.

Odin Dragon can be seen as a dragon version of Amaterasu or regular GD/GL Ceres, albeit not as powerful. The 50% heal he gives can help us tank up to 70% of our HP. The 3k HP auto-heal he brings is also substantial in helping with our stalling game too.

Awoken Susanoo can be useful, but only if you have another sub to get back into the zone. DL Fagan doesn't need damage reduction as much as he needs heals, delays, or damage nullifiers.

Uvo ronia though...wow. She can probably usurp Ronia as a better offensive sub. The skill boost and time extend ronia shakes up more room for a F/D row playstyle without needing to worry as much about stacking skill boosts.

20. jojojo

jojojo Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Posted in Q&A a few days ago, but no responses...

Been working on my D. Fagan team. Currently my 3 Laphroaig are skill level 5 or better, CDK Voice at max skill for the final floor or SV. Levels are as follows:
    D Fagan: 79
    Laphroaig: 67,63,61
    Voice: 68

Team stats w/o friend:
    HP: 13398
    ATK dark: 2995
    For those people that are speed farming SV, is there anything I need to level before putting SV on speed farm status?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015