[Team Building] Dark Kouryu Emperor, Fagan (ALL DRAGON USERS ARE WELCOMED TO BE ADDED!!)

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Macaquinho, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Mathematician of butt-kicking

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Hmmmm, DL Fagan is not quite a fast farming lead for starvault, but he's definitely okay to use. Max-level on DL Fagan and CDKV is almost basically required. Since starvault is 5 floors, and you have 3 Laphroaigs, that means 2 floors are done through orb movement. I would assume you would want to orb-sweep on the first floor, then button sweep until the final floor.

In the first floor, you would either need light or dark orbs to kill. In that case, since the orbs you need to kill on the final floor overlap with what you need to kill on the first floor (either light or dark), CDKV is not quite recommended. Maybe Vampire would be a better replacement over CDKV, since the heart orbs are not used for any offense and you can actually conserve them compared to *needing* to use either light or dark for the first floor. I think 7 dark orbs (1 TPA, 1 3match) and one more combo would be enough to sweep the final floor with just the 2 DL Fagans.

2. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Whew, finally got to adding all the recent subs I missed! I really needa revise the sub format, so much information to cram. Maybe I should take out the numbers since you can basically get the info from padx.

Anyways, has anyone here tried to farm the new alt. T5&6 normal dungeons with DL Fagan? I'm gonna give them a shot when I get enough natural stamina to get the stone for each one. Almost all the new alts are rainbow-required. At first, I thought it'd be hard to fill in the water spot, but then I figured this team would do wonderfully:

Thanks Tyrannos for easily fulfilling the blue spot! I Could do Bonia instead, but the blue orbs will pretty much do nothing for the rest of the team. Might as well keep it F/D-centric to get the most out of Ronia's active. The bad news about the team is that I have only 2 orb changers. That means I have to be really really careful and clear as many off-color orbs as I can. Hopefully I can try this team out later this week or so (unless Hera-is wants to be max-skilled :/).

As for alt. KoG....oh god that looks scary. No awoken skills WHY?!

LightFangX and puñal like this.
  3. LightFangX

LightFangX ♡ Choco Parvati ♡

User ID:
    329,242,285 (Light@PF), 368,973,395 (Light2)
    Hello everyone! I think I may have posted in this thread before, but I guess I'll just post again :p
    Thanks to the summer REM and the Memorial REM, I believe I have created a pretty basic farming team:

I don't know how exactly viable this set up is, but it does seem very deadly. Any recommendations?

Derpinator likes this.
  4. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Pretty much the standard farming team. Switch out shogun for swallowtail and you got yourself a great coin alt farming team. You're good to go man.

If anyone else here is having troubling farming the rainbow requirement alt coin normals, Tyrannos is an amazing filler sub to cover water. Him being fire TPA and synergizing with Kagu and/or Ronia surely makes up for the lack of skill-ups you may not have for him!

5. athrun

athrun Hadouken!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Been a while. I tried using Fagan for 3x normal KOTG. not the best 50/50 win rates. Because at some point the last 3 boss depends on your initial board in floor 8. anyone have better luck?

6. Lord Regulus

Lord Regulus Dragon Puzzler

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I stay away from KotG. I always run Legendary Dragons for +eggs and skill ups starter dragons, but I'm also insane. Got my TPA Tyrannos to level 20 outta 23 today. I love that guy for my Urd team.

7. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Your team should not have a big problem farming KoG (your signature's team is up-to-date, right?). I guess it's cuz I'm spoiled with Kagu. One of the key things to do is to conserve at least 4 dark orbs for floor 8. Use Dino Rider, rain a fire TPA, dark TPA, and maybe +1 or 2 combos, and it should definitely kill. Be careful not to match light orbs or floor 9.

Floor 9: CDKV, match 2+ dark TPA's and at least 4 combos total, should kill. Floor 10 should be ezpz with Ronia/Shogun/double gravities. If you feel you might not be dishing enough damage in the previous floors before they kill you, do not be afraid to use a gravity active. Gravity's not really needed to for floor 10 since Shogun is your insurance policy.

8. athrun

athrun Hadouken!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah. More or less that's how I am doing it. I think my problem is trying to clear Fl 8 without orb changer. Yeah up-to-date. PadListener doesnt like me lately and all I got was trolls in REM.

It could be level. The team is all 90+ except Dino who's lagging in the 50s.

9. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    You have double Ronia's, so I would definitely consider putting her over Dino Rider. His wood heartbreaker part of the active helps no one at all. Board bursts for floors 9 and 10 should make your runs super consistent.

athrun likes this.
  10. Chenzi

Chenzi Well-Known Member

FINALLY made DL Fagan a couple of days ago, so I just need lots of team exp now. :p
    I think I'll start off with Uriel, Cao Cao, Kagu, and Dragon Shogun as subs and see how it goes. May swap out Shogun with Ra for Piis in alts.

11. athrun

athrun Hadouken!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    saved my life. thanks

12. Morbetto

Morbetto Troll Coordinator

User ID:
    Morbetto
    PADherder:
    link
    This card really needs to be highlighted here:
    [​IMG]

That's a serious wallop on a single 4 orb match.

Typhon is also a top tier sub for the orb change and heartmaking. Getting full SLR and Typhon's finger can get D/L Fagan teams to almost descend levels.

The problem remains RCV.

13. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow, Cao Cao and Kagu, you're going places already. Uriel's arguably replaceable for farming; CDKV and/or CDD are good dark orb changing options as well. The coin dungeon rotation just updated with insect dragons, so you will definitely want to replace Shogun with Swallowtail when you can.

@Morbetto I tried my luck for Satsuki, Diadem, and Kakkab this godfest...got nothing for DL Fagan at all. All those stones shoulda been used for + farming instead :bigtears:. Silver lining was rolling a Sakuya, but even then, she's useless until her awoken form comes. 6/9 dupes, 2/9 worthless, that was pretty frustrating.

Satsuki and Diadem definitely elevate DL Fagan's potency, but he needs a gigantic overhaul to be even viable for descends. Preserverance and pre-emptives pretty much nullify any gameplans you may have in store. DL Fagan's damage is now classified as "average" compared to the rest of the powercreep for descends. That combined with preserverance monsters that will screw your HP threshold no matter what you do, and I just don't wanna touch descends. I can't bend over the REM like mkman in order to get the latest and greatest subs just like him for GGY :(.

Still, DL Fagan is my #1 farmer. He need a alternate uvo with a farmer's hat and dem overalls too. That would be amazing.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  14. BizarreJelly

BizarreJelly 艦長

User ID:
    My quest for Satsuki was filled with blood and tears, but it is done.

Very exciting addition for the future of dark teams. In Fagan's case it makes me feel a lot less bad about not having Vegita.

15. Macaquinho

User ID:
    315 490 294
    PADherder:
    link
    Uggggggh, Jelly, as much as I'm holding a grudge against you and other Satsuki winners, I gotta congratulate you anyways. Satsuki is one helluva fine farming addition to the cast. Probably DL Fagan's *BEST* orb changer ever. However, even Satsuki won't be able to protect DL Fagan's butt from being violated in all the new descends. I'm gonna pray for a uuvo that mimicks awoken Ammy's LS.

As you readers already know, the guide's on break. That or it's complete, however you look at it. That doesn't mean you can't pitch in ideas. If you have any, just lemme know.

16. BizarreJelly

BizarreJelly 艦長

User ID:
    Yeah, she's more of a luxury than a gamechanger here (hoping it pays off in coin dungeons regardless). But the guide has come a long way, it's quite comprehensive in terms of pushing the limits of D/L Fagan's potential.

Oh, but Awoken Fagan! I bet he'll be outrageously handsome!!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  17. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link

Man I don't have the attention span to do this all day
    But when I do, I do it pretty fast :v

puñal and Macaquinho like this.
  18. athrun

athrun Hadouken!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's like one combo.
    Gratz.

Why Fire Samrog?

If only KOG exists. takes roughly 3-4mins for me.

19. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    Samrog so my fire tpas hit 4 enemies to sweep floors

I also have a kog vid if you look through my video history but I have a better one I've been meaning to upload for a while :v

Kog is way too much effort though you actually have to THINK in the last 2 floors

20. athrun

athrun Hadouken!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Whenever you have a KOG uploaded. let us know.

Yeah. Maca build works amazing. I just like blandly play through sadly.