[Team Building] Dark Metatron Reboot

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Jim Me, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bibi24

bibi24 Member

Thank you so much for all your help and dedication! Good luck with your endeavors!

2. DirewolfX

DirewolfX Member

I assume Pandora is only for use with Karin? I'm guessing you don't have an Anubis instead. Only decent attacker I can think of is Tiamat who can very rarely drop in some descends, but I'm not sure it's worth it over the non-attacker orb changers. Vampire/Dark Valk or CDKV might be useful instead of Persephone if you need more frequent orb changing (instead of one really good orb change). Otherwise, I think it looks good.

3. Alv

Alv New Member

Yup, Karin -> Pandora for a very stable ~2/3 dark board, and yes sadly no Anubis. I already have an unevo'd Tiamat, not sure if it's worth leveling though as you said. Just rolled a D/D Batman earlier. Persephone is maxed skilled by the way! I'm just feeling that 2 DMetas+Hanzo doesn't dish out enough damage to 1HKO in the game..

4. DrammaLamma

DrammaLamma Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    Logistically I don't no how simple it would be, but I personally would love this Dtron thread to just get tacked on to the older one at it's end and then have Links to various relevant pages on the first page.

Obviously this implys a Mod or someone else with the authority to modify all posts in the given threads would need to do all the leg work to make it happen.

So for the time being Jim I encourage you to just let this linger and modify the first post to notify that it is no longer being updated.

5. DirewolfX

DirewolfX Member

It OHKOs most things, depending on levels and such. There are a few bosses here and there which might be more difficult (i.e. Satan).

Two max level +297 DMetas, a max level +0 Hanzo and six dark row enhances (that means just one extra dark row enhance sub) will do at least ~3.5 million damage minimum with a full board change + DMeta enhance (barring a super unlucky heavy water board). The 3.5 million is with exactly 5 off-color orbs and 25 dark orbs. A full dark board is 3.7 million and anything that lets you make 2 rows is at least 4 million. If you get unlucky with a heavy blue board, you can still expect to do over 2 million damage if you can make at least two dark rows + 3 combos (there's a 99.94% chance you can do this).

To put it in perspective, you need to do about 2.65 million dark damage to OHKO Zeus in KOG. With the 7 row enhances your team would have, matching exactly 2 sets of 6 dark orbs and 3 other combos would leave you just shy at 2.5 million dark damage (same assumptions about +eggs above). And you can consider that an incredible low end for your orb changing combo.

Obviously, it takes some work to get your team to that point (in terms of +eggs and awakenings), but it does show the potential of just DMeta + Hanzo.

6. M3k

M3k Member

Can someone check my math on D. Meta damage? Trying to compare a full board burst to three rows (basically ronia + hanzo always or just when I don't get 18/12). I believe three rows is supposed to be better but my numbers aren't reflecting that.
    Team of D. Meta/Hanzo/Arthur/DD Batman/Ronia/D. Meta, total team attack with +297 friend is 9027, 8 row enhances.

Full Board equation: 9027 x 7.75 (orbs) x 2.8 (enhance) x 16 (Leader) x 1.8 (rows, which is 1+0.1r r = row number, right?) = 5,641,513

Three Rows: 9027 x 3 (attack ups per combo) x 1.75 (orbs) x 1.5 (off-color row bonus) x 16 (leader) x 3.4 (3+0.1*8 for rows) x 1.36 (enhance) = 5,259,346

I suppose the difference is minor at that level but I thought rows would win handily, so I'm wondering if my numbers are off.

7. DirewolfX

DirewolfX Member

You're forgetting to count the two extra row combos. The x1.5 for 'off-color row bonus' should be a 2x combo bonus (this is assuming you are getting 2 off-color combos with your three rows; if you get three rows and junk in between, it's the formula you have above, and full board enhance wins).

The best boards actually have something like 6 off color orbs which you arrange into two rows (in large blocks of 9 and 15 orbs) and two off-color combos.

8. M3k

M3k Member

Ah right okay thanks

9. Alv

Alv New Member

How's the new attacker Kurone, yes or no?
    Not sure if I should try to get her once she comes along, due to that auto heal.. can always not fully awaken her though if anything for 500 auto heal instead of 1000.
    Opinions?

10. forsaken tsurugi

forsaken tsurugi Active Member

auto heal is really rarely beneficial for D.meta. so i'd say kurone is not very useful, since you could have been running gryps or some other sub instead.

got another question for you guys. i usually do starlight, king of the gods with D.meta/hanzo/gryps/b.sonia/persephone. things usually go very smoothly, gryps on round 8, b.sonia on round 9, and hanzo+perse on zeus. however once every while i get 2 heart combo skyfall after sonia active and overheal, then die on zeus... should i replace gryps with kushinada or EVA rei?

11. raiod

raiod Member

The best tip for King of Gods is:
    Kill wave 7 and heal up.
    Wave 8: Heal up until your over 14.5k, get hit.

Kill Wave8, Wave9, Wave10.

12. forsaken tsurugi

forsaken tsurugi Active Member

That's what i usually do. Heal and take hit on wave 8. Gryps active, kill.
    Wave 9 b.sonia active, kill.
    Wave 10 perse+hanzo kill.

But sometimes skyfall gives me 6 hearts that heal me for +15000hp on wave 9.

13. [HI]chosn1

[HI]chosn1 Well-Known Member

dumb question probably but any reason why i shoulnd't run Room of the Sacred Mask Legend with dmeta? looks like if i get killed on floor 2 or 3 its over. is there significant risk of this?

would be going in with Vegeta (red to dark 14 turn cool down), Gryps fully awokened, murakemo (gigas skill), and slime?

14. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    D.Meta and most of her subs excluding Gryps don't have a skill lock resist awakening. So once your skills are disabled, you can't do anything including orb change. That lasts for 99 turns.

15. aaw52

aaw52 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you switch persephone or Gryps out for Satan it should be quite consistent. I run Satan, Persephone, Haku, Hanzo and almost never fail. With 297 on both leads and all max level you can take a hit on the first floor and still have enough to take a hit against tiamat. If you save some darks by using 5 light orbs to kill wave 7 then you will have enough to kill wave 8 without a problem. With Bonia you should easily have enough HP.

16. [HI]chosn1

[HI]chosn1 Well-Known Member

confirmed. it was a dumb question haha.

17. Hexsas

Hexsas Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    Can I run this team into later game? I have Dmeta, D/D Batman, Hanzo, Vampire Lord, and CDK. I've been focusing on leveling up my subs, evolving The Vamp and CDK (I need soooo much XP) but I have Tiamat, was thinking about making a D/D Tiamat, but that takes a dragon fruit I'm not close to being able to get. I just don't want to waste my time.

https://www.padherder.com/user/Hexsas/monsters

18. jdb

jdb Member

Vamp and CDK will help you get to later dungeons if you level up their skills, but DMeta's strength in end-game dungeons comes from row awakenings so you'll probably end up replacing those guys with attackers that have that awakening.

Tiamat takes a lot of XP to really shine (it's a "Late Bloomer" dragon) so I would abandon that until you can stuff it with king dragons.

tl;dr - Use that team for now until you get some attacker-types

19. Hexsas

Hexsas Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    I also have a Pandora, I see people talk about her but don't see a place for her. My issue is low level subs, none of my monsters are max leveled, so farming is still a chore. I use DQXQ and Valk for farming. I want a Dmeta team but it's only at lvl 67 and i'm starting to get burnt out just trying to level up. I'm rank 134, up Vesta Cave / Hill of Iris's Rainbow. Am I too low lvl too even try to focus on Dmeta?

20. Alv

Alv New Member

i'm limited in terms of subs though, only actual useful dark attacker i have is hanzo
    tiamat and cerberus don't rather earn a place in the team, it's better off with max skilled dark orb changers like persephone and vampire :/
    that's why i was considering kurone.. but that 500 auto heal....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.