[Team Building] Dark Metatron Reboot

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Jim Me, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. konp

konp Member

Do many people run raphael and arthur in their dmeta teams?

The burst is great but other than that those 2 I dont have any orb changers

dmata/dmeta

arthur
    raphael
    tiamat
    yomi

2. awake

awake Member

It depends on what you're trying to run. I feel like there are many users out there who ask it, but as JimMe and Zaisha have repeatedly said, you don't need any "core" subs to run T5/T6 and most of the weekly dragons.

For anything over basic descends, you're going to want at least Hanzo to start building a team.

It might be better to focus on a light-heavy team for Satan or Hera (my response to the above post). Some people love having arthur on their team. Personally, I'd rather use CDK or another orb changer (even if they aren't an attacker) for the utility.

3. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I'm not sure how far that team will take you. Tiamat is a last resort. Don't waste your time. And if CDK & Vamp are being leveled primarily for a D.Meta team, I'd think long and hard about that.

It doesn't matter what level you are for a D.Meta team. What matters is if you have the right subs for the team. People talk about Pandora because her LS is for all dark, not only attackers. She has the skill lock resist awakening and for better or worse, she uses almost all of the same subs that a D.Meta team uses. So regardless of whether your subs are leveled or not, if you are having issues putting together a solid D.Meta team, you will have similar issues making a good Pandora team.

I don't know what is in your box or what you will be using D.Meta for, but if you have the max skilled orb changers, roll with them. If you don't have them and you are that short on attacker subs, use Kurone, take a few hits and bring Satan on your team.

Before I got some of the important subs, I was using the Arthur/Raphael combo. It worked okay for me since I got a few skill-ups on Raphael while trying to max skill D.Meta. If you are going to use that combo, it has to be a long dungeon so you can stall long enough for Raphael. I'd say drop Tiamat for someone like Vamp or another short cd orb changer. Tiamat is okay, but not if he's taking the place of an orb changer.

4. Dlacsjwh

Dlacsjwh Member

User ID:
    How viable is Dark Metatron without Hanzo?
    Looking at my herder, can I even make a functional Metatron team?

5. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Who cares? You have 3 Red Sonias, Kirin and Green Zhuge Liang. :p But honestly its tough, yet not impossible to make a functional D.Meta team minus Hanzo. Check out the section titled "A world without Hanzo". Its near the bottom of the 1st page of this guide. Read it and see if you want to invest in a D.Meta team. The thing is that you have so many strong options in your box, I'm not 100% sure it would be worth it for you to invest in a D.Meta team even if you had Hanzo.

6. bibi24

bibi24 Member

Can you help me make a team for KoG plz? I am willing to roll more.

lvl Max Aw. Max ​
    lvl 61 SL Max ​
    untouched ​
    lvl 40 ​
    lvl 46 SL Max Aw. Max ​
    untouched ​
    untouched ​
    untouched ​
    untouched ​
    untouched ​

7. tradebark

tradebark Member

I have a hypermax DMeta ID 316,055,252

I've got about 10 spots, will always add Dmeta friends :)

8. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Well if you don't mind rolling, the subs to target would be Ares, Haku or Red Sonia. Any of them paired with Hanzo on Zeus = a win. Another sub to target would be Persephone. She has the same active as Wicked Lady, but superior stats. If you wanted to keep rolling, you could go for Gryps or even Arthur to beat Tiamat. Roll if you want, but be prepared to potentially roll a lot with nothing to show for it.

9. vicentetx

vicentetx So many skill-ups, so little time.

Have you tried: Dmeta / Hanzo / WL / Vamp / Flamie? You would use stored orbs on F8, Vamp + Flamie + DMeta on F9 (one row should do it), and WL + Hanzo + DMeta on Zeus (two rows). I used to run what is essentially that team for a while (with Perse in for WL).

The only trick is that you will need some pluses on the team somewhere to hit the HP threshold to take a hit on F8 (and run with a +297 friend).

10. snowmanwithahat

snowmanwithahat New Member

Has anyone considered taking a look at the Red/Yellow attacker Leilan?

I just happened to have an angelit that I didn't need and have been leveling her up casually when I don't need green pengdras. Anyway, decided to go with the attacker version for a budding Dmeta team and see how it goes... I have a few ideas;

Dmeta
    Hanzo
    Leilan (Attacker)
    Anubis (Attacker)
    Gryps
    Dmeta

The team has a lot of little orb changers to get dark orbs on the board but with all the skills combined obviously gets a full dark board. The other the only real downside I can see is that it takes all skills to do that (versus just a Ronia and Hanzo) and that Leilan herself won't actually be contributing to boss burst. Unlike a Ronia Hanzo team though she actually does benefit in the early stages by being an attacker.

I also have an Ares who has yet to be leveled and a white rider (Finn?). Still trying to figure out the optimal team setup for high boss burst and still having a supportable short-game before skills are up.

I was surprised to see she wasn't mentioned anywhere earlier. Despite her being fairly new I figured there would have been more discussion on her as an attacker sub instead of the leader everyone tries to use her for.

11. Showtime

Showtime Member

leilan wouldn't be a good sub because she doesn't provide any dark row enhance or dark orbs with her active. Even if she is an attacker type she doesn't provide much to a Dmeta team. If I were you I would make a team consisting of Hanzo/Ares/Gryps/Arthur. that team will provide you 7 dark row enhance and plenty of boss burst and dark orbs when needed as well as an offcolor attacker in ares. Arthur can eventually be replaced by a ronia or haku if you ever happen to pull one.

12. Amadan

Amadan New Member

Have Ronia, got DMeta. Worth it?

I'm currently running a Ronia team - here's my monster box - and I just got a DMeta in this weekend's godfest. I have "decent" DMeta subs, I think, though no Hanzo.

Is there anything that DMeta can do that Ronia can't, given my monster box, that would make it worth building up a team for her?

13. DirewolfX

DirewolfX Member

You've got a pretty strong ROnia lineup there... I probably wouldn't bother with DMeta unless you pull a Hanzo.

14. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I have a +297 Lu Bu, a max skill Sonia with no eggs on her, some archdemons and 2 max skill Hanzos. 1 of them who has 81 eggs on him. Speaking from experience, the answer to your question is no.

15. Leduendas

Leduendas Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi guys.

I rolled a D meta this last godfest. I'm usually running a Lubu team paired with ronia. But I really want to play the D Meta style ;). This evening (I'm located in France) will be the super metal so I planned to lvl her up to 80. With all the tamas of this week she will be full awoken. In something like 2 weeks I'll have the + eggs to bump her to 180. So I'll be a usefull help to you ;)

I also leave as second lead DD haku or lubu. Both around +200 eggs.

My team will be

D.Meta hanzo DD haku Gryps Gryps D.Meta.

I'm not sure that 2 gryps are great... If you can figure out a better setup with my box (pad herder in sig).

I will use D.Meta as twinlit farm team (switching both Gryps for liliths) to be able to uvo lilith and Ra so Ra will be available someday and to awoken my cards like Red odin lvl 79 atm ( thx the great on rouge feeding :) ) which will be great for the technical egg *5.

I'm glad I can join the D.Meta crew :)

Have fun!... and add me :) :)

16. M3k

M3k Member

Possibly D.meta/hanzo/DD Batman/Vamp/Angelit/D. Meta. Not sure if you hit HP thresholds but stored orbs floor 8, DD batman/Hanzo/D Meta floor 9, angelit/vamp/dmeta floor 10. Max D Meta with a full black enhanced board hits for like 1.4 mil, so two plus hanzo (leveled) should kill Zeus.
    CDD may be a bit tough tho...could drop DD Batman for Flamie if you find 2 turns isn't enough. Or even wicked lady, if you want a shorter cooldown. Ultimately you'll need a little luck in getting orbs f8/f9, but shouldn't be too bad.

On a personal note, just got my second Hanzo :D
    Currently run D.Meta/hanzo/DD batman/arthur/ronia/d.meta. Going to drop arthur or DD batman for hanzo 2, depending on if I can delay vs if I can snipe.
    Tempted to run D.Meta/hanzo/hanzo/cao cao/ronia/d.meta. Two big blows right there, tho I sacrifice a dark row.

17. bullion

bullion New Member

dmeta (+50) and ronia (+240) are my main teams. I use dmeta for twinlits and Kog farming and Ronia for everything else.

18. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Until there is some buff to her or the LS, I primarily use D.Meta for Twinlits & not much else.

19. moekou

moekou Need some suppositories?

Fallen Angel Lucifer now has a D/D Attacker ultimate evo (with 3X attack + HP boost for attackers) and makes a good alternate lead for dungeons that Dark Metatron can't do due to HP reasons. Better alternate than Lilith since in addition to the better leader skill FA Lucifer has the same great awakenings as Dark Metatron minus the bind resists, so there's less of a change in playstyle. Even similar leader skill!

Also this guy has 554 recovery so together with Hanzo(s), you'll be able to actually heal up well despite being an Attacker team.

Quite fitting lorewise too, since Lucifer and Metatron are the two that are or were the highest of the angels at some point.

Also love how much Fallen Angel Lucifer has pulled ahead of Archangel Lucifer, whose fans used to whine about "FAiLucifer" and bad mouthing him all the time.

20. M3k

M3k Member

Wow...I think I actually want another FA Luci. I would never have said that a year ago, he was my big troll gold egg roll back when I only had like Hanzo and D'spinias as leads.

Wonder if it's more worth it to have him as attacker for a spare lead or balanced for ronia stats...

That said, is he better than Lilith? Lilith's biggest use over D. Meta is twinlit, and her poison is a big help there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.