[Team Building] Dark Metatron Reboot

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Jim Me, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moekou

moekou Need some suppositories?

Lilith's big thing is that she provides poison for defense monsters and a 1.5X boost for the devils you might use, namely Gryphs Rider, and now I suppose Lucifer. Sonia too but that's kind of pointless since she's not an attacker. Her niche would still be for those low HP extreme defense enemy dungeons. She also has the advantage of an extra second of orb movement, though that's not as useful on this team.

But with dual Lucifer leaders, Lucifer, on top of the 9 X attack, he would also get a 1.82 X HP multiplier, which means a ton for descends and generally lets you survive a hit from those 25000 hitting superbosses, and works well with his and Hanzo's very high recovery (for attackers). And while it may seem like he's tough to skill up, you actually get an evolved skillup monster with every run of the Eva dungeon on Legendary in addition to the unskilled ones that flood you; I think I max skilled him in just a few stones the last time Eva was here. On top of the 5-turn dark enhance which juggles well with Hanzos and Vampire Lords, let's not forget that if he's facing a light enemy he'll also deal 300000 damage to it (since it's 150000 dark damage that only works on light monsters). And unlike the infamous Archangel version, there is no HP drop and hits all enemies.

With two of these leads, that's 600,000 HP shaved off any light bosses you face that recharges in 5 turns (meaning you can feel free to use them on midbosses if needed, and are available on turn 1 thanks to each lead having 2 skill boosts just like DTron) before even factoring the same row enhance pileups that make Dark Metatron so feared. Indeed, the transition is much smoother as he plays just like Dark Metatron for the most parts, including enhancing the board for 280% attack power after a Ronia/Hanzo combo. Just beware the binds and lower attack power. But in turn, heal (and get rid of heart orbs) as much as you want!

2. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I like the potential of attacker Luci, but I don't want to go through the long process of max skilling my 2nd Luci. The Luci I finished yesterday is definitely going D/R. Maybe if I didn't have a good devil team, it'd be a different story. If my D.Meta team can't handle a dungeon, I'll just go to one of my devil teams. There isn't enough incentive for me to go all in with the attacker Luci.

3. DirewolfX

DirewolfX Member

"Just a few stones..." :O

He has 16 skill-ups to do... sure you could save up 80+ unevolved ones and then go have a blast farming Topalits/Dragon Flowers + leveling them up. Otherwise, it's ~250 stam/skillup...

Also... 1.35 hp is nice and all... but squishy, squishy base HP on him. Good luck hitting 25000 hp with that. 1900 HP on him; 1400 on Hanzo; 2100 on gryps. You could bring DMeta, Nobunaga or ROdin as a stat stick, but you're missing out on a useful active there (DMeta at least brings awakenings, but ROdin is off-color). If you're lucky enough to have a max skill Anubis, he's probably the best sub for health.

4. [HI]chosn1

[HI]chosn1 Well-Known Member

contemplating dmeta for wednesday dungeon legend (JPN). bad idea? thinking stall on flr 1 for two unskilled lilliths for flrs 2 and 3, then committing suicide on flr 4 to get rid of skill block, then blasting on flr 5 with vegeta (orb chng red to dk) and slime.

5. moekou

moekou Need some suppositories?

You're forgetting that the evolved version is pretty much a guaranteed drop on Stage 5 on the highest difficulty, and unlike Goemon farming this dungeon is hilariously obsolete and easy so there's practically no way to fail. Add that to the fact that it was around for 2 whole weeks, and you'll get some level ups in between meaning more runs too. I seriously only spent about 5 stones in total, though I was also lucky with the skillups (in comparison I spent 40 on Goemon due to constantly dying). But it's not nearly as hard as it seems at first.

However you are right about the HP, I forgot that the 1.82X HP boost only applies to Attackers as well, not just the attack. I am used to my team having its HP propped up by said Goemon I worked so hard on (4500) in addition to my max egged Dark Metatron and Hanzo, so it will indeed take a hit in that department.

Shame the real Gigas ult itself didn't get an Attacker type despite having King Flamie in the art, and only got a collab special with half the HP and more RCV!

...Oho, but this sure does increase the value of Nobunaga and his meaty 4540 HP, doesn't it!? I'll definitely raise and max skill one the next time his dungeon comes around, which should be very soon! He was always a good non-REM option, but this could be critical in HP control to just barely survive a hit on a boss on Lucifer's team. He brings 8263 HP to a dual-Lucifer team, and that's before considering +eggs which would bring another 1802 (this is the figure for each max-egged attacker on this team). Think it'll be very good to have one on the side now as an option to use as fit. And with a 10 turn "Attacker type cards ATK x1.3 for 2 turns" his active skill isn't useless either and complements Lucifer's own skill well. Oh and it does a tiny bit of damage as well, not that it matters, though it can clear a mob wave to speed up runs I guess or if you need to save orbs.

6. Wil_PG

Wil_PG New Member

Great update Jim, was nice to read since I was inactive for a bit and am just getting back into the game. In any case can you add me to the list again?

Wil@PGF - 323,149,275
    Hypermaxed Dmeta, also run a 297 Kirin, D/W Bman, and Ronia. I have about 10 slots open, willing to add anyone.

Also anyone have a good build for Room of the Mask - Legend? I saw the sample build on the first page but don't have Gronia.

7. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Hello! I've sent a request! I'm always looking for more DMeta friends!

If possible I'd like to be added to the list too! I can clear space, but I still have a few open slots open!

IGN: Jolo@PF
    ID: 338.595.260
    Leader Info: Metatron LVL 99 +116
    Also run max Level Valk and Lu Bu

8. Leduendas

Leduendas Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Added both of you. I'm a fresh new meta user but she will be well shaped soon.

9. Divine

Divine New Member

Feel Free to add me 367 562 289 (Divine) +262 Meta Max Skilled. Mind if you add me to the list as well?

Main Leads: Dark Meta and Pandora.

10. awake

awake Member

Edit: just read the last few pages... sorry! I'll just leave the stats here for everyone else to read.

Has anyone thought about using Fallen Angel Lucifer once his new UEvo comes out?
    I feel like the sub pool will be the same, and he comes with 2 skill boosts and 2 enhanced dark rows.
    I'm probably going to heavily invest in max skilling him when EVA hits 2x or 1.5 this weekend.

[​IMG]

Ultimate Fallen Angel Lucifer /
    Devil / Attacker
    1928/1706/554
    -500/+500/0 (from tier 2)
    -600/+300/0 (from ult branch)
    LS: 3x ATK and a HP boost to Attacker types (similar to Cao Cao and new ult Thor)

11. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I'm not. I max skilled 1 of my DA Lucifers on Monday & he is going to be D/R. The hp boost is nice with D/D, but the sub pool is actually lower than with D.Meta. 9x to me isn't enough damage to bring non-attackers and still be able to faceroll everything. At least with D.Meta, her and Hanzo do so much damage, that you can use non-attackers.

12. justinarms

justinarms Active Member

I rolled a bunch during the last Godfest because of dark gala, but sadly am still Hanzo-less. Of course I did get something dark from the rider/ninja series.. but it was the rider, a dupe.

That said, a team fielding two Gryps seems pretty reasonable to me. Here's what I'm thinking:

Gryps, Gryps, Blue Sonia, Something Else (Tiamat, maybe? Or Vamp for the 5-cd orb change?)

13. awake

awake Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9x[​IMG]
    5x[​IMG]
    2x[​IMG]
    7x[​IMG]

The only thing it's missing is bind recovery, which you could sub out one of the gryps for I guess.

With 7 skill boosts you're most likely going to be able to access double gryps-burst, as well as have your hanzo ready as soon as you want.

Obviously Ronia could be used here too, for a full dark board burst (I just don't own one).

here's a sample team doing EVA

14. DirewolfX

DirewolfX Member

EVA collab is pretty easy... not sure it's a great example. Also doesn't seem easier than my DMeta Satan team for farming it...

15. snowmanwithahat

snowmanwithahat New Member

Have you considered maybe still keeping Dmeta as a leader and just using FA Lucifer as a sub?

I'm thinking of the following

Dmeta
    Hanzo
    Finn
    Arthur
    FA Lucifer
    Dmeta

In total you're getting some overlap with orb enhance but overall it looks like a really solid team. 9 row enhance and plenty of orb enhance to use along the way to help with fodder levels.

Any thoughts?

16. Showtime

Showtime Member

I don't see lucifer being a key sub for any dmeta team. Can he work? yeah sure dmeta is really flexible so yeah he could fit in the team but honestly everything that he brings to a dmeta team is unnecessary. Dmeta teams dont need more dark attackers if you already have hanzo and gryps. You will be doing plenty of damage as long as you supply the orbs. A 3rd dark orb enhance is just plain redundant. I would much rather put in a ronia or haku over a FA Lucifer anytime. The only time I see him being used as a sub is if you don't have either gryps or hanzo and need that 3rd dark attacker for the dmeta team.

17. DirewolfX

DirewolfX Member

Unless you are strapped for sub choices, there are much better subs for DMeta; even Tiamat would be a better option. You don't need 3 orb enhances in most dungeons and another orb changer (even non-attacker) would be better for DMeta.

Actually, I think the most interesting use of Luci for DMeta teams is as mismatched leads for dungeons where you can't be in the zone the entire time. Just swap one of your DMeta leads for a D/D Luci lead. You get 3x out of zone and 12x in the zone.

Specifically, I think this would be a pretty good line-up for Athena Descended:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/simulator.asp?q=639.99.1.0.0.0.4..1195.99.1.0.0.0.3..912.99.1.0.0.0.5..1305.99.1.0.0.0.6..712.99.1.0.0.0.2..643.99.1.0.0.0.6..

D/D Luci + DMeta
    Hanzo
    ROnia
    Gryps
    Tenth Angel - Assault Mode

FL1: 3 turns to do 600k damage with 3x attack. Can use Hanzo + skilled D/D Luci here for a big burst.
    FL2: Stall a few rounds if you have to/want to, then use Tenth Angel to clear.
    FL3: Try to setup the best board you can (with light and dark), then do a little damage, take a hit and Gryps + DMeta and OHKO. 2 rows should kill and even if he converts light or dark to water, you have the other. (Could replace gryps with another Sonia or Hanzo for here)
    FL4: Take the first hit, Ronia+Hanzo+DDLuci OHKO.

FL3 is probably the hardest, but I guess the basic idea is it lets you get in the door on dungeons where you can't take a hit on the first floor before getting one shot.

18. M3k

M3k Member

Yeah I mostly agree. Was considering something similar to Awake, D. Meta/Hanzo/Hanzo/Ronia/FAL/Dmeta. But honestly though he seems like overkill. Do I need three orb enhances? Is 10 skill boosts necessary? 9 rows? It's nice that he can enhance at the same time as Hanzo is up though...it'll likely be situational if I use him vs utility/sniping subs.

I was also thinking about 3/12x team, it's interesting...the RCV is high but offset by increased HP threshold. The damage loss is sort of a bummer though, but the row enhances and TPA on riders give an interesting mix of high/low in stall dungeons. Not sure D. Meta teams need to stall ever though.

Your Athena team is decent, though you should probably mention you really want a max skilled Tenth Angel. At 20 turns cooldown you're looking at 9 turns of stalling (after 3 on gigas and 8 skill ups) on 6-10k damage a turn. Lilith is a decent alternative since more people have her max skilled, and even unskilled it's only a four turn stall.

19. awake

awake Member

I just see him getting more use from my friends list as an attacker as opposed to a devil. Who would take FA luci devil over ronia?

20. DirewolfX

DirewolfX Member

Who would take him over DMeta for an attacker team?

@M3k: I'm probably going to do a ROnia/LuBu team for Athena, but it was a thought. If I end up skilling up a tenth angel, I might try this as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.