[Team Building] Dark Metatron Reboot

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Jim Me, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awake

awake Member

for some descends and dungeons you don't have an option of being hit on a DMeta team. Preemptive heals or no chance to get in the 80% zone limit you. I'm saying 9x Lucifer team re-uses most of the same subs, but I suppose pandora might be a better alternative ... seems to be the main opinion of the rest of the users

2. Bizahr

Bizahr Light in Darkness

User ID:
    Hey guys!

1.) I finally hypermaxed DMeta. I usually leave him, Shiva(trifruit), or LMeta(twinlit) in one of my team slots depending on what dungeons are up that day. The other slot is usually one of the green gods. ADD ME!

2.) I'm wondering if there's a japanese pic showing the top team lineups for DMeta like there is for Pandora. I'm really curious to see what the top DMeta lineups look like these days.

3. KeViN

KeViN Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Glad I saw this thread. I thought that a D meta team wouldn't be up to par without Gryps so I never bothered to try her out.

4. JL22

JL22 Member

I just rolled a Dark Metatron and was wondering what kind of team I can make for a general DTron team and a team to farm King of Gods.

Dark Metatron (will max out with time)
    Uvo Hanzo (Maxed skill, will awaken soon)
    Uvo Gryps (will awaken soon)
    Uvo Ares (fully awakened)
    Ronia (fully evo and awakened)
    Dark Metatron Friend

I also have:

King Flamie
    Lilith (will Uvo to D/L)
    Uvo Vampire (D/W)

My PAD herder is here: https://www.padherder.com/user/JL22/monsters/

Does my initial team look good? Can it farm King of Gods? What changes would you make?

Thank you so much!

5. Suite

Suite New Member

Poor Gryps rider, doesn't get enough love from me because I usually need more situational subs for dungeons. B>Skill ups, also B>reason to finish awakening him for the double dual prongs.

Awaken your Gryps at least once, for the row.
    Otherwise, your team looks pretty solid for farming KoG. Just make sure when you start farming that your HP is over 14255 for Tiamat, and that you heal to tank it beforehand. 4 Dark Orb maker/changers, and plenty of HP/rows/attackers, yeah, you're pretty dang set once you get them levels.

6. Mysteria

Mysteria •?•

User ID:
    EU: 781 949 240
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd personally prefer to use two bursts, one consisting of ronia or ares plus hanzo for zeus and vampire and gryps for floor 9.

And put some work into kirin, she's excellent too. Just start by throwin all the light fodder you get her way. :D

7. JL22

JL22 Member

Thank you Suite, and Mysteria. I really appreciate all of the advice and suggestions.

I have never done King of the Gods before, so could anyone provide me a strategy with my current DTron team? I will repost my team below:

Dark Metatron (will max out with time)
    Uvo Hanzo (Maxed skill, will awaken soon)
    Uvo Gryps (will awaken soon)
    Uvo Ares (fully awakened)
    Ronia (fully evo and awakened)
    Dark Metatron Friend

Assume they are decently leveled and fully awoken, how would I go about consistently farming King of the Gods?

Mysteria, the above poster, said to use two bursts for floor 9 and floor 10? So I would use ronia or gryps to kill CDD on floor 9 and use hanzo/ares/dtron to kill zeus on floor 10?

How would I kill Tiamat on floor 8? When would I use the DTron active skills?

Would I need to stall on any of the floors to ensure that all my active skills are up?

Sorry for all the questions. Thank you all so much!

8. djmiroku

djmiroku Member

My KoG team is the same as yours except I use Persephone instead of Gryps.

Strategy is this:

floor 1-7 get in the zone and kill fast. Heal up and get back in the zone as needed when theres too many hearts building up. At end of floors 6-7 try to hover around just below 80% HP and then heal up over 15k for Tiamat.

Tiamat - Take the hit, use Ares, get rid of as many green orbs as you can and kill with fire plus a dark combo or two.
    CDD - Use persephone and one Dmeta boost, one shot CDD, needs a row plus another combo. Two rows to overkill.
    Zeus - Ronia, Hanzo, Dmeta, full enhanced board one shots him. The enhance might be unnecessary, I never bothered trying to skip it though.

Im guessing you could do this with gryps instead of Perse but I haven't tried. You should definitely fully awaken your Hanzo asap.

9. Mysteria

Mysteria •?•

User ID:
    EU: 781 949 240
    PADherder:
    link
    Gryps generates less dark orbs than persephone (because he generates light and dark orbs and not just dark orbs), which is why I prefer to pair gryps with vamp and kill floor 8 with stored orbs from previous floors.

See your other thread for strategy.

10. DirewolfX

DirewolfX Member

Your team is very close to my team which is fast and 95%+ success rate (very rarely I make some silly error or get seriously orb trolled), and based on your signature, you could actually make my team (although you will want to max awaken and get decent levels on everything except Kushi):

DMeta/UVO Hanzo/ROnia/UVO Gryps/Kushinada/DMeta

Ares isn't really necessary here (could use him instead of ROnia--either or is fine), so I dropped him in favor Kushinada. Kushinada provides you with a great 'oops' button. If you accidentally heal out of the zone on CDD/Zeus or end up with not enough to kill Tiamat or heal above 14k, you can use her active to tank a hit.

The team with Ares should work as well, you just need to make sure to tank a hit from Tiamat to get really low, and then not heal out of the zone while bursting through CDD and Zeus.

Strategy:
    Fl1-5: Burst through
    Fl6-7: Burst, but try to end up barely in the zone with some hearts on the board, so you can do some damage to Tiamat and heal up to tank a hit.
    Fl8: Tank a hit, then kill. I like to do half damage to him with like 1x3 dark combo before healing up.
    Fl9: Gryps + DMeta; 1x6 + 1x3 + 1 should kill depending on your levels (a few other options like 1x6 dark + 1x4 light + 2 or 3 off color can kill also, I believe, but I usually try to get 2 dark combos to be safe)
    Fl10: ROnia + Hanzo + DMeta OHKO.

11. bullion

bullion New Member

I had been running the exact same team for a while. Recently I used Lubu instead of kushin. Lubu allows me to kill floor 9 with just 6 dark orbs if I am short on dark orbs after Gryph's active. Lubu buffs gryph's damage and brings HP to 1 to avoid overheal. Plus he has less RCV than Kushin.

12. melchor

melchor New Member

My KOG farm: Dmeta, Hanzo, Ares, Satan, Ronia, Dmeta

I save up a row of dark and a row of red going into floor 8.
    Ronia on 9
    Ares + Hanzo on Zeus

Satan makes it virtually mindless as long as you have a row of dark for 8. I have been trolled by ronia's active which is why i pop it on 9. Ares + Hanzo guarantees enough for 2 rows or a big enough brick against Zeus.

Again I can't stress enough how not having to worry about healing before tiamat or skyfall healing makes this so much easier.

13. Niobium

Niobium Active Member

Does anyone think Dark Izanami could be a good sub for players without Kushi? Her dungeon is doable by Dmeta. She will be up at turn one if skilled and gives a lot of HP. 35% should b enough to take a hit from Zeus if the whole team is close to max lv. Skill her up is a pain though.

14. SNSD

SNSD Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I think I want to start messing around with an attacker team with the new Lucifer Uevo until I get my own DMeta.

But forget all that, I'm not sure exactly what is considered "ideal" looking at all the different descend teams. I have a Hanzo, Byakko, Genbu, Bonia, Pandora, DD Batman, Satan, Vamp, Wicked Lady. Which of those 4 would you put on your team?

15. DirewolfX

DirewolfX Member

DMeta is rarely about ideal. You'll often be tailoring your team to whatever dungeon or descend you are working on. But there are some 'staple' subs that make almost every team:

Hanzo makes basically every team.
    Byakko (especially D/D) is a really strong choice for the two rows and Byakko + Hanzo makes a mostly dark board.
    Genbu is a weaker choice due to a lack of dark row enhances and she doesn't combo as well with Hanzo (she works better if you have a skilled Anubis).
    Bonia is great for hitting HP thresholds and has a useful active.
    Pandora - haven't used her, but orb changing + a dark row is useful if you have her leveled and +'d
    DD Batman - not very useful, keep him unevolved for low cost dungeons.
    Satan - If you're using Lucifer UEVO, you don't really need him. For DMeta he lets you ignore the HP management aspect and just take one hit to get in the zone, then just sweep everything without worrying about healing. I like him for farming, but he's often not appropriate for descends.
    Vamp - 5 turn dark heartbreaker is pretty useful. Helps manage hearts when you don't have Satan so you don't heal out of the zone.
    Wicked Lady - Active is useful, but I think you have better options (Persephone would be a different story).

If I had to pick one team for you for general purpose DMeta'ing:
    Hanzo/Byakko/Bonia/Vamp

16. Suite

Suite New Member

Oh yeah, pandora/vamp/byakko/bonia definitely have solid uses. And hanzo is pretty much a given. That new fallen lucy ult looks so pretty. I want one. >:

"Does anyone think Dark Izanami could be a good sub for players without Kushi? Her dungeon is doable by Dmeta. She will be up at turn one if skilled and gives a lot of HP. 35% should b enough to take a hit from Zeus if the whole team is close to max lv. Skill her up is a pain though."
    If you have no other alternatives, sure it can help, but that 75% is just the only option in some situations, for instance Athena (99k floor 1) or Fagan (65k floor 1).

In the situation of KoG however, your only real concern is tanking Tiamat, and being able to manage that and have a solid team to blow up the next two floors with, pretty much guarantees your success. Given Izanami's lack of attacker, as well as the difficulty of the dungeon, by the time you're able to be farming her you were probably already at a point where you were already farming KoG too, and otherwise there's really no need for being able to tank by Zeus. Alternatively, you could just be using a Keeper of Rainbow for 50%, given the equally irrelevant subtype, but while being far more accessible.

Elsewhere, Izanami's presence is pretty much just giving you like, +50~% effective HP, on a pretty nicely low CD, which I'm sure there could definitely have it's uses.

Pretty much this, so if you need a particular amount of HP for a period of time or for a specific point, then it could very well be worth considering. One example might be:
    Dark Izanami does add a solid chunk of HP if you do level her up, and you only need 15532HP + izanami's active to tank that much damage for that stable first floor, and her.

Given that the times you'll most want that extra EHP, is purely to survive some first turn single hit so you can get started into your DMetasmashing, and to that note, Light Izanami might also be worth a consideration too as 1 turn tanking is all you'll most likely need for some floors, and if you feel you'll need that extra chunk of RCV.

OR YOU COULD RUN TRIPLE MAX SKILLED ATTACKER SUSAN FOR PERMA DOUBLE EHP. Am pretty excite for attacker susan.

17. Niobium

Niobium Active Member

Too many times skyfalls heal me out of zone even I tank Tiamat and use Vamp to remove heart orbs...The reason I want to use Izanami is not only KoG, but most descended dungeon bosses also have 10k-25k attack or preemptive. A low CD ad long last shield skill may make Dmeta more viable in some later descended dungeons. For those >25k first stage bosses, Kushi is still the only choice.

18. Suite

Suite New Member

Dang, how much are you healing with skyfalls to heal up that 14255 damage? If you do happen to be running a crapton of recovery, then it might just be a better option to opt in Satan instead. But yeah, Izanami could probably prove pretty useful in lots of places, that 50% uptime for a bulky farmable certainly isn't something to be scoffed at.

19. Niobium

Niobium Active Member

I have some close to 3000 RCV. 2 set of heart with moderate combo heal me up easily. It sounds rare, but somehow happens to me A LOT:s I actually use Haku team to farm KoG after I rolled Mitsuki which is more stable. The only chance to die is CDD at 1 turn timer and Haku's AS gives less than 6 dark orb.

20. Fen

Fen Member

for KoG I just started farming it with Dmeta Ronia Ronia Hanzo DDHaku Dmeta and damn. My life had never been easier. Except when I get trolled by heart orbs skyfalls on tiamat or CDD but Haku on Tiamat wihlthbjust one row and 2-3 combo is enough, CDD I use Ronia and a Dmeta and make the biggest chunk of dark orb I can while also making at least one row, then Ronia Hanzo Dmeta on Zeus for a full board of +. Does around 3.5M with just two Dmeta and hanzo.

No matter the timers on the monsters, the only times I died so far were because of heart sky falls on tiamat or CDD lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.