[Team Building] Goddess of the Dead, Nephthys Guide -UUEvo When?

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Bane Shydow, Nov 30, 2015.

1. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
    Yeah you need another 4 tans to equip again if you take a card off. The tans themselves are incredibly cheap to acquire. But the actual equip fusion costs quite a lot of coins if I remember correctly. A few million anyway.

I actually did 297 my Nephthys in the end! Feel like I've been waiting for that dark carnival for years to finish skilling her up though... Once I get her max skilled I'll definitely be trying to use her more. There seems like a pretty strong TPA focus build with A. Persephone... With Z8 in the mix too you would have a LOT of increased dark skyfall up-time... But it's a little annoying that so many of the dark TPA cards overlap on the blue sub-attribute: Okuni, A. Haku, suvo Luci (UUU!), Lumiel (UUU), A. Persephone, Z8....

Even with Satsuki it probably just doesn't hit hard enough though does it? Rows might be the best way to go after all... I rolled typhon a few months ago and he seems like the dream board changer for Nephthys since you can actually chain with satsuki or D.Valk/Persephone to get a dark heavy tri-colour board. Can unbind the team now too with his UVO...

In the end I keep feeling like Neph is still waiting for that leader skill buff she really deserves. The ATK multiplier is just too low for the latest content, especially considering she doesn't come with any rows or TPA and can't burst from bi-colour boards... :(

2. Bane Shydow

Bane Shydow Nephthys Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the info on the tans. Seems like it might be too costly to swap around skill inheritance for every dungeon. And as I said, you won't always want your actives switching over to a rarely needed utility skill if you stall for too long.

Dark carnival should be here in about a week, so the wait is almost over. Personally I've stopped using Zaerog on my Nephthys team. He is certainly a good option if you are lacking in REM subs, but most of the time Nephthys either needs to burst hard or can tank and stall/grind. Increased skyfall doesn't put dark orbs on the board immediately, which is what you need when you have to burst. A few extra dark orbs on safe floors just makes things a little easier/faster, but isn't always reliable when you need it most.

As far as hitting hard enough, it depends on what you are looking to run. A hypermax TPA team caps out somewhere between 5-6 million reliable damage on a 3 TPA board, which is generally the best you can hope for when also matching 2 other colors in my experience. For a lot of the current end game dungeons (mythical plus rushes or rogue descends, Arena 2 & 3, Machine Hera/Zeus, etc) that simply isn't enough any more. But for anything mythical or below and about half of the legend plus stuff she can deal enough damage and has so much hp and rcv that you are rarely in danger of dying.

Going hybrid TPA/rows (good for dark heavy burst boards) or row focused is good for increasing your burst ceiling, but it comes with the drawback of being more orb hungry and dealing less damage on non-burst turns the fewer TPAs you have and the more you rely on rows.

The way she is now, Nephthys is solid, but will never be top tier. The damage just isn't there compared to other leads. With dual Nephthys you have 2 actives that are dedicated to increasing damage, where other teams can have that damage built into their leader skills and have good actives too. The tradeoff is the stability and safety of the hp and rcv multipliers for all but the hardest tier of content. She would need a pretty hefty buff to her leader skill damage multiplier to really shine as a top tier lead, or otherwise some kind of rework to her leader skill and active skill together (kind of like how they changed Awoken Lucifer from his previous forms).

That said, I think that time has shown that she is probably the best lead of the Egyptian 2 pantheon (or at the very least, the most used) and better than any of the newer Mechanical star gods pantheon as a lead. Obviously that could just be my bias talking (and the fact that most of my friends list was Nephthys players at one point), but I feel like I don't see many people leading with any of those besides the occasional Hathor. Even Osiris seems to have faded into disuse, and he was generally regarded as the strongest of the Egyptian 2 leads at one point pre-uevos. Still, Norse-bound and Norse-Greek 2 teams probably have her beat in most respects as tank leads.

Seanna likes this.
  3. JKRebel

JKRebel Back in it.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I didn't realize how much I could actually use dark carnival. Skill ups for chaos knight, grape Dragon, neph, jester, and an occasional haku. Will definitely be running this a lot the next few weeks!

4. Seanna

Seanna Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I had this wistful thought today that if only they'd added the dark shibamarus to the spawn tables... >_< Would have been so nice to be able to skill up Akechi in a less painful way than dog dragons. Still, it's good value for stamina!

5. Bane Shydow

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My Nephthys is once again at max skill. :)

Everyone should be taking advantage of dark carnival in the coin dungeons for easy Nephthys skillups and skillups for your other dark cards.

Also, newer players should grab a grape dragon from the gift dungeon. He makes a good midgame sub for low/non-IAP and you can skill him up while you skill your Nephthys.

Haku-ku-ku likes this.
  6. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice, glad PADX is wrong about dungeon drops. Also, grats on the Orchid :)

Bane Shydow likes this.
  7. JKRebel

JKRebel Back in it.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Huzzah! Max skilled on everything now. Well except haku but I did get 2 skill ups for her too. Neph took the longest. Was finished with the other 3 in about a day. I went about 15 cats yesterday with no skill ups. Then got 4 in 8 today.

Bane Shydow and Haku-ku-ku like this.
  8. Dorakyura

Dorakyura Only an honest death will cure you now.

User ID:
    NA: 347.957.300
    Any suggestions what skill could be good on Nephthys, as transfer?

9. Bane Shydow

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I figured that I would have the time and motivation to update the guide a bit by now, but I haven't. I'm starting to lose a bit of interest in PAD again and I don't really want to spend a few hours going over all the small details of the guide to make sure everything is up to date. So, sorry to everyone who was hoping for an update, but the guide should still be pretty usable in it's current form.

Depends a lot on the dungeon in my opinion. Neph active usually isn't used until the end in most dungeons, so make sure that you won't want that to be overwritten by the inherited skill for the boss in the dungeon you are running.

Best transfers are probably a delay or a good orb change for bursting if you only need one Nephthys enhance (i.e. from the friend leader). The thing is, most of the best orb changes are on cards that you probably want to use as subs if you have them (Persephone, Pandora, Eschamali, etc.). Ishida Mitsunari or Meimei could be good choices for inherits if you need a board change and don't want to bring an off color sub. Other damage enhances (Awoken Loki, etc) will probably be worse than Neph's own active since enhancing dark after an orb change should give more damage. Any other utility actives would be pretty situational depending on the dungeon. Short cooldown actives probably aren't good choices for inherits if you are planning to use Neph's base active in some dungeons since you will only have a few turns before it is replaced by the inherit.

10. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No shame on that, I have no energy to update the Bastet guide either.

Don't quit without saying goodbye though!

11. Bane Shydow

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm not planning on quitting, but I haven't been doing much besides logging in a few times most days and maybe running a few urgent dungeons recently. Haven't been on the forums much either. Eventually I'll get the urge to play more often again, but until then I don't want to force myself to spend stamina when I don't want to and get burned out.

David@PF, samuelburtt and Haku-ku-ku like this.
  12. Vexed Ego

Vexed Ego Active Member

Looks like my teams outdated now :c (so is my guide lol)

But my waifu got an awoken uvo!

Haku-ku-ku likes this.
  13. ronmoho

ronmoho Well-Known Member

I got a 3rd Nepthys... I'd have been less sad if I can find a use for her dupe on something. Out of all Egypt 2.0, she seem to be the worst for multiple copies. I wonder what they have in store for their Suevo though.

14. Bane Shydow

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yay! We are an official guide now! :cigar:

Anyone out there still using Nephthys much? I still run her occasionally, but I've been trying out some new teams lately (Myr, Sumire, and Awoken Yomi) for the most part. Most of the new descends seem to require too much damage for Neph to keep up. She's still fine for older content obviously, but I'd say that starting with Agni she's been struggling to keep up with the latest descends.

I'm hopeful that Egyptian 2 will get the "Krishna treatment" with their uuevos and will get slight boosts to their tank stats and a significant damage increase to semi-compete with the heart cross meta leads. I think Nephthys would benefit from a leaderskill change that increased her damage multiplier a lot at the expense of a more difficult activation requirement. Something like adding on a dark cross or match-5-with-enhanced-orb for a better damage multi onto her existing leaderskill. It would leverage her orb enhance focus and also allow her to deal higher damage without requiring her to "flood the board" with dark orbs the way she does currently in order to get a significant burst (assuming the leaderskill buff is significant enough). This would make her less reliant on orb changing actives, especially with needing 2-3 actives for heavy burst, and open up room for more utility subs

Anyone have any thoughts or hopes for her uuevo?

Yeah, Nephthys and Hathor both make bad dupes. Their actives aren't something you really want multiples of on a team, even when leading with them sometimes.

ronmoho likes this.
  15. Haku-ku-ku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I appreciate your dedication and can only hope for a toasty future for our Nephthys.

A problem she and Hathor share, as you said, is they both made mediocre to bad subs. I put her on a Pandora team now and then, but frankly Akechi does the job so much better.

Just add heart cross, right?

16. Bane Shydow

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ugh, I hope not. That would reduce her sub pool by a lot. And Waifon is already a dark heartcross lead.

17. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Inherit 1 nephthys onto the other one; and keep the third one unevolved as its her cutest form (no arguments will be accepted or even acknowledged for this last true statement)

18. ronmoho

It's the toast!

Haku-ku-ku likes this.
  19. ronmoho

Okaaaay so let's see, Nut mult is changed from 3 to 5, Osiris is 3.5 to 6.5(!), Set is 3.5 to 5, Hathor is 4.5 to 6

...and Nephthys got 3.5, a merely .5 increase.

Wow, just wow.

20. Bane Shydow

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Coming out of retirement to say that the new split Neph ult looks pretty disappointing. :( Losing out on a lot of awakenings and getting a measly 0.5x bump on her damage multi seems not that great in exchange for 4x on herself at 7 combos. No more sbr and no TE, but needs to match 7 combos for decent damage. Rows and to a slightly lesser extent tpas are kind of tricky to fit in if you also need to make 7 combos. Seems like team building would be fairly restricted. Re.Haku, Re.Loki, Re.Yomi, flex with some TEs maybe? For a team with worse damage output, far less flexibility, and harder matching requirements than Krishna basically.

I don't think it will get me excited enough to come back or to update the guide. Sorry guys.