[Team Building] Goemon Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Vixen, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

RE: [Guide] Goemon Spike Team

I've run this very exact same team composition actually! It's mostly for the joy of dealing that x813.75 damage modifier and watching monsters go down in a glorious inferno!

Horus + Freyr have high RCV, along with Echidna you can stall well, however as Lauranty posted earlier. Sometimes you can get extra unwanted Heal combo which might kill you. Unless you're running Naga/CoC Archer, you're probably going to be have RCV over 1000 with Horus Freyr Echidna.

2. Ishad

Ishad New Member

I like a max skill siren for a high rcv goemon team. Heart creation helps with the yo-yo game and blue let's you snipe single enemies at 25x in your stall game.

3. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

It's easier to look at it in reverse.

Goemon x2 217 * 2 = 434RCV
    = RGG + RGG
    = -500 + -500
    = 1000

1000 - 434 = 566 RCV from subs without going over 0.

Using maxed monsters for ease.

Horus + Naga
    = 570 + 258
    = 828 RCV

Freyr + Naga
    = 437 + 258
    = 695 RCV

CoC Flame Archer + Naga
    = 214 + 258
    = 472 RCV

King Bubblie + Naga
    = 135 + 258
    = 393 RCV

Going 100RCV over isn't terrible. You can use it to micro manage your health in the stall stage. With 2 RGG at max skill level, you can usually eliminate all heal orbs constantly throughout the entire stage. It's only when you get unlucky and they drop unwantedly that you have mini heart attacks.

4. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

I like this idea though I've never tried it : ), Changing the Fire Orbs to Heal would also stop you from attacking, its extra safe stall. I'll add the tip in when I get the chance * v *7

5. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

Blah. Work time.

6. LabMonkey

LabMonkey Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link

Great read, looking forward to the next time Goemon descends so I can build one of these teams :). One request that you may or may not be interested in doing: I want to know which of the harder descend dungeons a Goemon team could reliably 0-stone. For instance, if you wanted to farm the Goemon dungeon for skill ups, could you do it with a Goemon team? Seems like it might be difficult to stall on the first few levels...

7. 38thdoe

38thdoe Old

Nice guide. Two RGGs seems pretty hard to get considering I'm at least 300 runs without a titan drop now.

I throw in Earth Rending Siegfried since he is physical, also kills hearts and has high hp low RCV. I also have Hera-Is for bigger bosses to use gravity before ninja fireworks. I think that does more damage than a Golem or other physical/red sub. I'd like to see the numbers for what bosses gravity is more useful than a Red/Physical monster attack. I assume its better on Zeus/Starlight Sanctuary.

Red or Blue Golems can also be useful for high HP low RCV. If you get a skycombo of hearts on a boss delay+defensive stance can save you when the boss hits for more than your max life.

You might want to mention the two newer crappier Goemon like monsters UFO 5x at 10% life and the Blue Ancient Artifact Dragon 5x for Blue monsters only at 5% life. Actually maybe they don't deserve mention.

Might want to mention using elementals to absorb preemptive strikes.

8. doriantoys

doriantoys Member

All of this is very in depth and super useful. It has inspired me to look into a goemon team now xD Thanks and keep up the great work!

9. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

Thank you for the complement, but bm God ... how unlucky can you be?! Usually the REM spits them out in extreme surplus when you don't want them. I got them in excess running Tower of Giants for EXP back in the day when I coudlnt wait for Thursday dungeon.

I've cleared every single stage in Starlight Sanctuary with a Goemon Team or Goemon Hybrid team including the Endless Corridors.
    I didn't need gravity because Gravity deals less/equal damage. If you use Ultra Gravity (35%) on Zeus at 3.8M HP, you'll deal 1.3M damage at the cost of a high damaging fire sub. That's the same as if you were to deal a single Goemon Ninja Fireworks, or about the same as matching 4 Fire Combos. Comparatively, if you used a King Bubblie, you're looking at dealing 3 million damage. If you have Echidna, then a double Ninja Fireworks, or a few fire combos is probably more than enough.

I focused on Titan because I feel hes easier to hunt for non-IAP players than doing the Heroes Descended, but I've actually used him in my team once or twice and he does have some good points about him. Orb change, physical, low RCV, high HP, and he benefits from fire as a bonus. In a higher RCV team he can definitely be used with Siren.

I'll throw in more defensive monsters soon hehe! Thanks for the advice <3

I don't want to embarrass poor UFO-chan. hehe;;;

10. Orange

Orange Red+Yellow = Orange

Great guide! I enjoy reading this thread. I like Calculating Damage table. Just want to add that Mastering could be orb changer (farmable) sub for Goemon team. I also see possibility of putting Chinese god as sub. It could make (5+) combos and do one time high attack.

11. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

You probably should not use Goemon to farm more Goemon's for your Goemon to gobble up and eat. The dungeon has preemptive strikes and tons of damage making it hard to stall and stay in the health pool. I'll be adding more non-IAP and IAP teams which you can use to tackle him if youre really interested in grinding him out.

As for other dungeons which you can clear with a Goemon team .. and 0 stones.

Endless Corridors HP - Irrelevant
    Freyr, CoC Flame Archer, Echidna x2, Echidna/V.Orochi/ Horus, Phoenix, Baddie
    Stage 1-20 Kill everything without regard for your leader skill until about level 20, then charge really low on Gigas until you're just below your sweet spot if 0RCV or as low as possible if low RCV.
    Stage 21-44 Kill everything with fire attacks, nuke everything.
    Stage 44-47 Try to use 2~4 fire combos for these monsters
    Stage 48 Hades usually I stall and charge up skills for Hera and Zeus
    Stage 49 & 50 Depending on your 3rd and 4th sub you need to tackle two high HP bosses in a row.
    Echidna x2 / Echidna / V. Orochi / V. Orochi x2 = Use a stall on each to attack with constant fire attacks

Freyr, CoC Flame Archer - Activate skill, then Ninja Fireworks 1 shot hera, Ninja Fireworks 1 shot Zeus. If you bring Echidna, use stall on Zeus incase you dont kill him ASAP.

Horus / Phoenix / Baddie - You need to be able to kill Hera off within Echidna's 3 turns, then use Damage modifier to 1 shot Zeus. If you bring x2 Baddie or x2 Horus/ Phoenix/ Baddie + Freyr, just use one for each stage.

Tips: Don't mess up, keep trying.

Starlight Sanctuary HP Irrelevant
    These are all just get really low in the first turn and stall, then nuke the entire dungeon till the end.

Goddess of the Darkness - Legend HP 20k~
    Stage 1, choose 1 monster to kill ASAP, then use the last monster to knock yourself into your damage zone. This should charge your RGG's, and you should have no issues with orbs.
    Stage 2-4, sweep everything.
    Stage 5-7, Nuke everything Echidna if needed.
    Stage 8, use at least a x3 or x4 fire combo to pierce his defense.
    Stage 9, use 4 or 5 turns to buy time if you need it, he usually needs 2~3 fire combos to kill off.
    Stage 10, Echidna. Use an attack enhancer and a x4+ fire combo and nuke her.

Two heroes HP20k+ recommended, not required
    Stage 1, Kill off Several Pyro devils, leave behind one or two to stall.
    Stage 2, Kill of masks on the same attack timer, continue to stall if need be.
    Stage 3, Do you still need to stall? Really? Just kill everything.
    Stage 4, Mass attack x3 or x4 combo, which ever you need to kill them
    Stage 5, Echidna/Enhancements/Unload

Almighty God - Mythical HP 20k+
    Stall in rounds 1 and 2. Kill off Mystic Mask and masks which attack on the same turn to stall. Get hit twice, then mow down stage 3 with a simple fire combo, then 4 with a good mass attack + x4 fire combo, OR a Ninja Firework burst. Use Echidna, and heal if you messed up on killing Chimeras, then full heal yourself on first turn zeus so he hits you for 18.5k back into your damage zone. You should Super Nuke him with damage enhance skills to one shot.

Five Legendary Gangs - Legend HP 18k+
    Get hit by Muspelheim in round 1 and have over 17.7k HP, then continue to mow down the team.

Poring Tower - Master

All the Sky Dragons

All no-RCV dungeons

All Mech-Dragons

12. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

I'm glad I was able to inspire someone. I was hoping that all my playing around with Goemon would pay off. When he came out I was really excited. I spent a long time experimenting and I'm still learning new things I can use it for, as well as becoming a better player. If not by making more ridiculous 5 orb att. combos, by managing damage and healing.

13. eltoshen

eltoshen moobs and bussy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

By the way, a guide on common teams used to farm Goemon would actually fit very well with your guide. :)

14. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

I have one very easy Goemon non-IAP Legend tackle team up at the moment under section VI (6) and I'm currently working on the Mythical non-IAP write up ; )! It has a Link to the Goemon Descended Discussion thread as well <33! This just means I need to make it more noticeable hehe, I'm working on trying to make everything pretty at the moment with colors and font size changes.

15. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

Revised the "Tickle Goemon to Death" area with pictures, walkthrough, explanations and more.

16. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

Added Pictures, Siegfried, and Siren under the common subs area.

17. LabMonkey

LabMonkey Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link

Exactly what I was looking for, great job :D

18. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

I just made it into its own section VIII and added more details on the front page, 8th post down. It was probably going to be a good section to add in anyway. XD; I never would've done it if you didn't request it lol. Thank you.

I'll add more to the section in the future. Also, I've cleared Wood Zeus with Goemon, but it always requires one stone. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I'll add more dungeon guides as I tackle them on~

19. ChuckFanForever

ChuckFanForever Member

Awesome guide! I was practicing Endless Corridors with my Goemon team and made it the furthest I have ever gone: Hera

I was the following subs: RGG (99), RGG (60), CoC Archer (50), Echidna (75). My helper was a Goemon (99) and my Goemon (91). I popped Flame Enhance + Ninja Fireworks on Hera but it wasn't enough to OSKO her! She has 3.5 milllion HP in this version and started with a 1 timer. So you recommend running with 2 Echidnas instead of the Coc Healer? That will definitely increase my RCV from the 560 it is now (including helper). Guess I will have to level up my 2nd RGG some more to compensate.

20. zincsterio

zincsterio New Member

Awesome guide, highly recommended for Guide section.