[Team Building] Goemon Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Vixen, Aug 25, 2013.

1. ChuckFanForever

ChuckFanForever Member

Those little ninjas can bind your leads and they seem to use it more often in Mythical! I tried Mythical Goemon twice last time with a mono blue 4H/1A/4R team and both times died due to leader binds!

2. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

0 Stone Taking down Valkyrie with Goemon Team

HP Requirement: 19887
    Suggested RCV: 1200+
    Difficulty: Hard

[​IMG]

Stage 1, If unlucky on red orbs on first turn things can be very difficult. Heal as much as you can and fill your board with as much Fire as possible to use a mass attack x2 (or a Fire mass attack +1 fire combo on one turn) to clear out every monster but 1 water monster. Preferred.

If you can not mass attack you can use normal fire and kill off all but one water easily because youre not in your damage spot and you don't deal armor breaking amounts of damage yet. Be careful not to get dropped to 0 because they deal a lot of damage. Focus the ones in angered state if you dont mass attack them.

You can use Siren's skill here to constantly heal yourself. A dance between Echidna's Menace and Guard Stance - Water should be able to charge you up constantly. It's best to Menace (Stall) after all turns of the monster's attack stance has run out, so you can heal up most. I stall until all skills are ready again and leave when I'm under 20%.

Stage 2, As long as youre in your damage zone, you should be able to spike down every single one of the masks on this stage. If you some how managed to mess up on the previous stage and still need stall, enter this stage in your damage zone, kill off the mystic mask ASAP with target burst, use Echidna if needed, then kill the mask thats on the same timer, and you can use the masks as a secondary source of stall.

[​IMG]

Stage 3, This stage is pretty simple. He has a 3 turn attack timer, sometimes 4. Use Siren&Red Giant Gigas's skill if needed to give yourself the extra burst damage. If you accidentally heal here, your 19.9k HP will keep you able to return to your damage zone on the next stage.

[​IMG]

Stage 4, This stage is a bit simpler as well. Depending on your 4th burst sub of choice, you may need to play this differently.

At ~5000 Fire ATK, you will deal approximately 900,000 damage with a Fire 4 Combo, this can kill out one Demon. If you use a mass attack, this stage can be done very easily. If youre lucky, you'll get 2 Woods, and itll be a walk in the park. If there is a water monster and you dont feel confident in your damage, you can use Echidna here. If there are 2 water monsters, probably should use Echidna or all your burst damage.

Stage 4/5: The 19887 HP is also so if you healed on accident after stage 4 from Ninja Fireworks, or need to stone, Valkyrie will send you into your 20% zone most of the time with double splash. She still has the ability to bind your leaders to royal screw you over. Goemon Life is the Risky Life and Valk is ruthless. Don't mind my health in the screenshot, I didn't plan well, but things worked out.

For Freyr/CoC Flame Archer: Activate Freyr's skill, then burst damage with Ninja Fireworks. With Freyr, you can use your first Ninja Fireworks on Stage 4, then stall with Echidna Stage 5, and use your 2nd Enhanced Fire Att. Ninja Fireworks. Then widdle her down with strong fire attacks as Red Giant Gigas and Siren should be up to give you more orbs for more damage.

Horus/Phoenix : You can use Echidna on stage 4 if wanted. You should be dealing roughly 3.X million damage with a full board of Enhanced Fire orbs and with a strong Fire combo x4+ you can finish Valk off without Stall. You can use Stall on Valk if you don't feel safe.

Echidna x2: Echidna for stage 4, then Echidna for Stage 5. Unleash both Ninja Fireworks on Stage 5. Without enhancement, NFW deals approx 1M damage, follow up with strong combos. Remember, you have one extra stage due to Valk's need to put up a barrier.

King Bubblie: Same as Horus/Phoenix.

[​IMG]

3. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

My RCV without helper was 1530.

4. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

RE: [Team Building] Goemon Team Appreciation Thread, Goddess Guide Up!

I'll try to run it a few more times when I get enough stamina today.

5. 38thdoe

38thdoe Old

Well done! Maybe I'll try it for the stone as well. Is your Goemon maxed Vixen?

6. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

No, my Goemon is only level 70 LOL... XD;; I.. I'll max him soon v___v;; The Helper I used was only level 44 or something, I just tried to hit the bare minimum health requirement. Which my math sucked at anyhow since I was just below min. HP.

7. tina

tina pedro aguiar - snobiety

I tried to get her with your set up but failed...used fireworks on 4th stage and got a heart combo to drop which got me out of the sweet spot, then I healed at max thinking that valkyrie would hit me for 17k to put me back in the sweet spot, but nope - instead she binded my horus...sigh...will try again later but big thanx to Mitra@PF/G for his goemon

8. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

Oh man, I'm sorry : (!! I should really write that as a possibility. It sounded like everything was going to go perfect for you also. I feel like you got really unlucky with that leader bind as every other time she's just attacked me. Valk-Mythical is a monster/Dungeon that I don't mind spending a stone or two on, but I hope things get better for you next time.

May I ask how the first few stages were though, I want to ask from other people who try this incase I don't make things clear enough in the original write up.

9. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

Included your issue in my write up. Thank you so much for sharing your experience >w<!!

10. ChuckFanForever

ChuckFanForever Member

Wow nice! Mythical even! What are going to do with all those Valks? Does Echinda have to be max skilled for this to work?

11. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

No, but it helps in stalling as always XD;;

Ie. You can use Echidna's skill two times vs one for stalling on first stage makes things safe, but all youre going to use echidna for is safety on stage 4 or 5.

12. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

1 more hour till my next run also. :< //waits

13. Taffy

Taffy Active Member

User ID:

Woo, I love seeing these interesting Goemon teams. Putting a Siren in--I am really gonna have to try that now. Also, there's a link in the new mono-fire thread referring new Goemon users to this thread. (Shout out)

So, am I crazy, or is Goemon a pretty good fit for Hera-Ur (at least Legendary)? Long turn counters on the first round and Ifrit would be a good place for a secondary stall. And low health on the mobs means you can be more defensive up until the very end...

14. 38thdoe

38thdoe Old

The preemptive attacks make it rough though.

15. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

Doing my 2nd Goddess run at the moment

16. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

Nope, died because I accidentally healed on the Hell Demons. Changing the guide because I found the fault in why I died.

If you accidentally heal on stage 3 by an unlucky heal drop, then you need a way to get back in the damage zone for stage 4. If theyre on the same attack timer, then things are much hard, but if you have 19887HP then you're safe from two of the hardest hitting demons as well as safe from Valk's 17.3k attack.

17. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

Edited the walkthrough.

18. 38thdoe

38thdoe Old

The demons will sync on turn 2 max since they are both on timer 1.

19. tina

tina pedro aguiar - snobiety

well I died again because of the same problem...heal sky combo on 4th, healed on valkyrie enough to survive her double splash, then she binds my goemon and that was it...I also used a stone on first stage...going to try one last time later tonight.

20. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

O . O ;; So unlucky with the healing after the combo's on Turn 4, twice in a row Dx? First stage is the hardest. If you have 100 stam I recommend not using it on stage 1. :<

When I first did the dungeon I just spammed the Legend one because Mythical was too hard for me at the time and I was only interested in nabbing my first Valk.