[Team Building] Heavenly Guide Suzaku Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by jade, Jan 1, 2014.

1. jade

jade the lamp of experience

@Dlacsjwh GZL doesn’t seem all that good in your team. His buff applies to just 3 of 6 of team, and your only orb changer is suzaku, and 7 star is a terrible way to get 1x4 combos; it’s just too rng. Cf gzl to izanagi, and you get a vastly more powerful god burst on 5 of 6 members. For tpa to be very effective, you need cards with double tpa awakenings, and a team of on-color/mono-color orb changers, right now that is Athena TPA with light TPA orb changers, or GZL leads with wood TPA orb changers, Suzaku being fire leads just makes this not ideal at all. If you are running it with success, by all means, continue, I’d love to see clears with attacker burst, and if you have the REM subs, go for it. As the guide owner, I just won't personally recommend it to folks.

@likeaj6 R/G vs R/L is on here. You asked me about your ideal suzaku team. Pick up zeus, skill up Susano/kushi/lmeta/godin. Big investments but worth it. Skillup echidna. Echidna/zeus/?/? stable subs. Susano/kushi will swap in susano >kushi imo, godin>lmeta depending on dungeon HP thresholds and skill level of Lmeta. You have many other great suzaku subs, but they are more niche uses, so up to you to invest in them or not.

You are vastly underleved to be farming skillups. 76 stam is not worth it. Rank up some, farm plus eggs in the process and I wouldn’t farm any 50 stam descends until 150 stam, but 100 stam is OK i guess, wouldn’t farm echidna until 90 stam min. etc.

@sammy, cool clear. With Kirin over Zeus. I agree 100% artemis is the key hinge point. Susano shines so much in this dungeon! I use him on Artemis and then again on Zeus Vulcan.

@higgsb0s0n. You see few to none rowzaku clears bec/ to run that team well I will only encourage those that have all the REM subs. And it is an entirely REM based team. That is great if you have them, and it is by far the most powerful team Suzaku leads can assemble. It will still require somes eggs, mostly the RCV and atk, unless your orb changers are max skilled. It is entirely up to you on what to focus, rowzaku or utility gravity based teams. You have all the subs it seems, so I’d suggest you decide on a playstyl you like, if you go rowzaku it would make sense to commit to fire nation since youll want the eggs on all the fire teams. If you go with something else, that’s a diff discussion where the eggs should go.

@sammy thanks for the thoughts on game changes last 6 mo.

2. jade

I’m really happy to see new suzaku users. I just ask that you please read up on the guide and give us as much info as possible so we can give accurate advice to you. Everything is linked from page 1 of the guide, It is a fairly detailed table of contents which I won't recreate here, since it is already there, but new Suzaku mains will definitely want to read up on:

1. R/G vs R/L Uvo comparison here
    2. Subs Beginners Guide from Bhelrudan here
    3. win8x guide to determining team viability here.
    4. Suzaku descend builds comparison here.
    5. Individual descends victory threads with team and stats linked. You can see what it takes to 0 stone mythicals etc.
    6. awakening, +egg/skillup priority etc.

you can see I’ve just recreated the best of the guide here. so really just read the guide and gain some information and perspective first, and then come for advice.

Please provide at the very minimum: goals in-game, (0 stone mythicals, or collector, or best end-game suzaku team with least investment (investment being tama, eggs, skillups via stones etc). Number of other mains you will lead with. Playstyle you prefer. What will get me specific descend cards the fastest, with least stones etc etc

This is the bare minimum so we can help you assess your cards and give insight into what will net you the best in the end as the game currently stands. Help us help you.

-jade

3. Dlacsjwh

Dlacsjwh Member

User ID:
    Yep, If I had Izanagi, I would replace GZL with that team setup.
    I have been running this team because I don't have Athena or Dino Rider and those are the subs that are max leveled.

4. sammy3469

sammy3469 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah. I didn't really need the extra 15%. I do wish my Kirin was skilled since there's numerous points in the dungeon where 20% would help (Phoenix, for instance, if I was paying more attention and Hera-Ur).

I did stupidly use Odin on Chu since I didn't have the heart orbs to heal, but managed to get him down even healing only 1 point.

5. tevvie

tevvie Lives in the arena Staff Member

User ID:
    336 338 295
    Hello. Im going to start using suzaku more on my tevvie1 account, was wondering if i could be added to the friend list. Also would appreciate any friend adds for now as well as i get the team up and running. Thanks!

[​IMG]

pidimension likes this.
  6. dr rockso

dr rockso Member

Hi Tevvie welcome! Sent you an invite.

7. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Sooo, is anybody running a light row setup/attacker setup ? My leilan is totally untouched since i got better 3k leaders but i would like to have a different team to use, i don't care if its more difficult than standard setup.
    I'm mostly debating if it's worth rolling EVA rem, the girls seems really attractive, but i wonder if there's any space left on the team once you put in Echidna and the third color monster.

8. jade

@tevvie Welcome. At skill lvl4 I think everyone will want to add you.

@Efreet. Interesting. REM heavy, naturally, but if you run R/L and have Baal, Uvo Thor, that's 6 light row awakenings right there. Maybe Athena and another orb changer like Verche even in contributing nothing other than short CD orb change. So Baal + Verche makes light burst, assuming fire and wood on board, but we need Baal skillups. Would need plus eggs for tougher stuff where stalling was necessary bec/ it will lack rcv.

I think a row light team would be more doable than a row light team and attacker. If that is what you meant, not sure. Wukong would be amazing.

problem is that R/L isn't the best for row teams because of the 3 color activation, while R/G has more flexibility, furthermore, makes sense to go fire row because you will always have both suzakus.

But, would be cool to see it done anyways and test the limits, viability, stability.

Re: Collab REM, whether you roll is dependent upon iap/noniap/goals etc etc. I have no idea.

9. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    No i didn't strictly mean both row and attackers, even though i'm superjealous of genbu/haku that could stack rows and enhance subtype on their teams.
    As for eva rem i was wondering only in regards of suzaku subs material, asuka and misato seems good for red row but no skillup, Marie would be a better slime and cover green maybe ? Rei has kinda low stats but a nice active and a light row (i think i've seen win8 using her on the vulcan clear ).

10. higgsb0s0n

higgsb0s0n Member

PADherder:
    link
    I was wondering as well about eva, for row suzaku. I saw in the suggested team comps misato&aaa is used, is misato&aaa that good over the other alternatives (belial, chiyome, etc) with no skillups available?

11. sammy3469

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ideally you have one of the combo of Parvati/Toytops with Misato or Angelion and Ares as they both get blue, dark, and heart orbs to red for the boss stage. The Parvati-Misato is slightly better since Parvati has better stats (and Misato is a great attacker lead).

The other 2 spots are for monsters with row boosts and are ideally some combo of Shiva (or Phoenix) for +orbs and Freyr (or Ifrit). If +orbs or multiplier aren't needed then you can add safety. I haven't done the spreadsheet in awhile, but you do need to get at least 6 row boosts to outperform standard 7-star.

12. jade

@Efreet. I see. Ok, then you are talking about Suzaku leads with four light subs that ideally have row awakenings? R/L will have restrictions on the orb changers available, R/G is just sooo much more flexible with heart activation, but then you really need light row awakenings on subs.

Will calc numbers later, but I think bec/ team is split in colors, mono-red rowzaku will do more damage.

@higgsb0s0n. Re: Eva, up to you. Misato is the rare roll so who knows how many stones it would take, and its hard to roll for just one card. As far as collabs go, Misato is great, but there are alternatives to Rei, and the other stuff is not so helpful imo. Cf Eva to Saint Seya for example, and Suzaku teams have much to gain from rolling that collab REM comparatively. Not sure it is worth rolling just for her.

Re: Misato in rowzaku. I'll ask Bhel to update. Misato is still good, but is no longer needed for Rowzaku since recent Uvo's have come out, namely R/L Suzaku and Freyr. As far as subs: Ares > Uriel still ideal, and a second Suzaku to go R/L and cover light as sub, plus rotating list of chiyome/Belial/Freyr/Rodin in final slot depending upon dungeon needs plus R/G x 2 leads will trounce everything with investment.

Edit: Sammy you ninja'd. Yeah, parvati/toy you mention still possible, but obsolete with R/G Suzaku.

13. sammy3469

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't watched them in awhile, but didn't all those Japanese builds have one of the double orb changers (Ares/Misato) so they had reliable 2 fire rows on the boss stage? I guess it's still possible with a pure fire build, but you need 12 fire orbs to have a reliable build. I guess you could do it with something like a Cao Cao, Meteor, Freyr, Shiva build if those are the REM pulls you have, but you need the orb changers and there's no defense on that team (which was one of the benefits of Parvati or Angelion as you get heart orbs every 5 turns).

FWIW, this is what I meant on the longer previous post as almost any Rowzaku team these days needs a sub that is probably a better mono-fire row lead than Suzaku. If you have a Shiva, Cao, Ame, Uriel, etc. you probably should be leading with them for the flexibility.

14. jade

Obsolete bec/ R/G leads ditches wood, and R/L Suzaku sub and Freyr sub open up Ares > Uriel, which produces just as reliable fire board while still activating R/G suzaku but remains mono-fire so more damage. The closer you can go mono-fire the better, so I think the best build is
    R/G x 2 (Ares/Uriel/R/LSuzaku/Chiyome). Shiva/Freyr aren't needed if you have eggs. They can still be used, but it's no longer needed unless super high HP like Tuesday Mythical or Satan etc and even then you just need Freyr/Ifrit

Edit: As I said, Misato still works, but the original appeal was light sub attribute, which is no longer needed. Naturally, any given player only has so many REM cards, so Misato/Toy or Parv still works, just not ideal.

Edit edit: Furthermore, Rowzaku isn't meant to be defense, it is pure offense. Hence the build I suggest as ideal now is completely orb changer build, stability comes from max skilled cards and as always a few eggs.

15. win8x

win8x Light Dominion

Misato is not bad being a double orb changer w/ RCV, but keep in mind that's at ~3% with the rest of that REM being subpar for Suzaku. What you could pull during a decent godfest would be much better for Suzaku. Rei would be cool if max skilled, but honestly once Asgard's ult was released I regretted the stones wasted to pull her. I just used her vs Vulcan to justify the expense, haha. Just because it worked doesn't mean it's optimal. :D

16. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the insight guys, i suppose i would just roll 1-2 times as planned and hope for a random girl and Thor next godfest.
    Just for the lolz i might try some light setups since i have several light row subs from my DQXQ team and see what happens, the info on 6rows to outdamage average 7 stars was pretty interesting.

17. black-wolf

black-wolf New Member

I was looking at my box (https://www.padherder.com/user/black-wolf/) and I have all the elements to doo this:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/simulator.asp?q=1263.99.1.0.0.0.0..1193.99.1.0.0.0.0..1261.99.1.0.0.0.0..1109.99.1.0.0.0.0..1099.99.1.0.0.0.0..1263.99.1.0.0.0.0..

What do you think? Should I aim for it? What would you do?

Thx

18. jade

Hi black-wolf. Welcome. Sasuke and Baal are great orb changing subs for Suzaku teams. The way NA is currently setup, I'd take Sasuke > Baal because while the latter has beefy stats and amazing awakenings, we can't skill him up yet. Just seeing all the eggs in win8x's Baal and that fact that he is light attribute really gives me pause however. He's a strong sub. Even at max skill (which NA can't do), a max skilled Sasuke will be used 2x. So the shorter CD has advantages as long as you don't need the elemental bonus/hinderance. The second note is synergy: both orb changers remove water orbs. That's less ideal. Third note is Ifrit...he's not doing much with just the four fire cards.

I also see you have Susano. He's one of my favorite subs for Suzaku and is a staple in my team along with Echidna and Zeus. But I see you are going more attacker route and 2-prong with R/L suzaku.

I also see you could use some leveling and rank up exp. Farm T5/6 for eggs and ranks etc.

R/L x2 (echidna/Sasuke/x/Zeus) would be fine as long as Zeus was leveled/skilled a bit. X can be Baal for SBs or stats, Valk, Verche, Angelion. You have all of those cards. Skilling Susano isn't a bad idea either, even if you don't use him on a more attacker/2-prong oriented team. Unless you get GZL or some other way of boosting attacker (excluding flammie bec/ stats suck), you'll need Zeus's gravity for bigger descends.

So rank up, farm some eggs, invest in leveling key subs, skilling them up and you'll be on your way.

I hope this helps.

19. black-wolf

black-wolf New Member

I was thinking with that lineup to go row enhanced Suzaku. But you're probably right, wasn't thinking on the lack of sinergy between Sazuke and Baal.

I like Baal but can't find a place to put it =P

thx for your time, I will go and level up some more

20. Akinseth

Akinseth Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    -Flubs combo
    -Forgets he has Venus up
    -Gives Wadatsumi nearly ALL OF HIS HP BACK.
    -Uses stone...

... At least he dropped, so there's that. Doing this definitely reinforces my idea of just leveling up and replacing Angelion. Don't know what to do, though - for both Wadatsumi and Angelion.