[Team Building] Light Healers Guide

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by prem, Nov 20, 2014.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Woooo! Finally got my first C10 clear (0 stone).

LMeta/Raph, all the way. Also, my first ever fully hypermax team (well really close, Venus is +276).

Four failed attempts, most of which could have be avoided. Three deaths 'cuz I tried to kill DQ Hera too soon on wave 1 (or made an iffy attack). One *really* frustrating death against the boss because I had so little experience using 6-second CTW and I screwed up. Then I went and practiced making triple row matches a bunch, which I basically ended up not needing in the winning run.

Basic strat:

1) Grind Hera down to 50% or so (using DQ to make light orbs), then horde dark orbs and kill with DQ+Sandal. On my winning run I forgot to pop Sandal, almost killed her anyway, got hit with 99% gravity, and fortunately had enough light and hearts on the following turn to kill her without LMeta's multiplier and heal up.

2) Still have Sandal's effect. Raph + Valk + Venus = dead.

3-4) Do whatever. Have to kill Stratios with a 6-combo. Venus helps you make a 6-combo with lots of light.

5) Ideally should be able to grind him down to 75%, then pop DQ + Valk + Venus and kill him with a triple row + three off-color combos (saving the long CD subs). Sadly I screwed up and kept one jammer from the previous wave, and I couldn't get an optimal board. Had to bring in Sandal for the kill.

6) Do whatever, survive and grind. This can get scary if you run out of hearts or she eats them. Can kill her any time with a perfect triple row, or after she's clearly below 75% with a full light board. After several close calls, I got to a point where I was healing and grinding with ease, so I just got her close to 50% and killed with the full board.

2. prem

prem ill learn to spell one day i swear

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    raph ltron so good lol

3. Zeraph

Zeraph Active Member

User ID:
    NA-334,287,278
    Anyone plussing their chibi valk? I'm so tempted but the other dark valk requires my attention too. :dead:

4. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    I'll probably do it after I do a couple other cards first.

5. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    So we got a fun new lead in Awoken Ama: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=376

LS: 4x healer attack at 100% hp, 3x healer attack below + auto-heals 10x RCV
    AS: Heals 40% max hp + 4 turn bind clear + haste (8 turn CD)

(Also decent awoken skills with 2x skill bind resist.)

On the one hand, this seems really good. On the other, who really cares? For high +'d end-game teams, I feel like she is interchangeable with LMeta as a lead in many cases, but I'm not sure where she's strictly better. If you aren't at max hp, you're hitting less hard. And you lose LMeta's hp buff, which sucks (though Ama herself has high hp).

If you're focusing on TPA, Ama has one. But her base attack is terrible.

EDIT: I guess Ama/Raph could be a more stable C10 team than LMeta/Raph, though I'm not sure it would be that different.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    win8x likes this.
  6. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    I'm so hyped for Awoken Amaterasu! She lowers the multiplier from 4.5x to 4x as opposed to LZL but offers attached to her leader skill autoheal that can more than compensate for a distinct lack of heart orbs. Lmeta makes a great sub for her for helping keep HP up, and the haste that AAma provides is always awesome. I feel kinda sad about using my Shynpys on Lmeta but I was sick and tired of Light Chasers failing and/or not dropping so for me it was a worthy investment as I main her. Looks like the game's nudging me into continuing maining light healers. This more than compensates for my disappointment in AOrochi.

Between the HP buff and the autoheal, there's a lot you gain and lose on both sides, but I personally don't think Awoken Amaterasu is mediocre. Hey--you can now stall in Legendary Seaway and Mephistopheles Descended if the floor is the right one :p

My theoretical team currently would be something like

AAma - chibi god valk - Da Qiao - Sandalphon/Shynee - Echidna/Angelion/God Valk - friend is AAma/LZL/Lmeta/Raphael/AVenus friend

If only I had a Venus ;__; And I'm hoping that Sandalphon wins the uevo popularity survey someday...he's a really great card! ...once skilled up anyways.

I also personally don't mind AAma's low attack. It's nothing +eggs can't fix, I already went through the pain of +99ing Lmeta and Valkyrie's attack and it definitely helps. And given that I already main light healer teams, it's a worthy investment for me. Plus her HP is amazing. 4K HP as a healer once +99ed!

7. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    She's a strong lead, no question. I'm just a little disappointed because I'm not sure a hyper'd Ama team can clear anything that a hyper'd LMeta team can't.

Actually right now I'm hyped to use her as an Osiris sub. We'll see if that turns out to be crazy.

8. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, Lmeta and AAma have a lot of overlap. But one thing that I think AAma will be able to take advantage of that is harder for Lmeta is AAma x LZL for no dupes / coin dungeon / etc. AAma's autoheal is another insurance at keeping HP at full and you'll have yourself a pretty solid x20.25 atk or whatever the math multiplies to that far exceeds x12.25. It's definitely not Challenge 10 worthy but it could make for an interesting build.

An Osiris sub? That's pretty interesting o.o I wouldn't dismiss it as crazy though, I cleared Zhang Fei with L/G Athena - F/L Leilan - G/D Astaroth - L/G Thor - F/D Ares - G/L Athena. If that's not crazy I don't know what is lol. What kinds of uses would she have on Osiris? Curious.

9. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    18x ATK for Ama x LZL at full health, but with no HP boost you might find yourself in precarious position if you do take a hit, despite all that Auto Heal, in an Alt Dungeon.

10. MisterDrgn

User ID:

For no dupes dungeons, you can match among LMeta, BMeta, Venus, and Sandal. Or just run Valk/Athena. Ama/LZL could clear stuff, but it would probably be a bit slower 'cuz you'd be losing LZL's multiplier. Ama's auto-heal doesn't help there because you need to be at full hp before matching.

Ama/LZL can't clear C10s, but Ama/Raph can. See discussions of LMeta/Raph above.

Osiris teams often bring a Parvati or similar defensive sub. I was bummed about not having a good option, but Ama works pretty well because her secondary color is green. See: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/th...ppreciation-thread.4109/page-328#post-1116520

11. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    As a sub A. Ama can probably find a spot. But as a leader, I'm not seeing any reason to be hyped up. The LS might make farming a bit quicker, but to me I'm questioning what more can a A. Ama as a lead that a fully plussed L.Meta team can't. Is it just me or is there something that makes her team significantly superior to an L.Meta team?

12. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    Hmmmm I suppose so. But at the very least she's another option. And finally we have a light healer with haste n_n

I saw the Ltron x Raphael clear above, really awesome clear :O Didn't realize Raphael was so powerful. And to think when I first pulled him (twice) I was so pissed off because I wanted Uriel for Suzaku u_u

I'm still excited for AAma anyways. More options for me to play with to make the most jenky teams known to the face of PAD. LOL.

13. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I'm kinda getting more excited about Ama as a lead, provided I can get the synergy of using her as a sub also. For one thing, it would give me a reason to use the random LZL I pulled. He's kinda a nice Ama/Ama sub since his active helps you pop up to full hp, he's rocking the double TPA, and he gets you to 100% skill bind resist (rarely needed probably).

(EDIT: I forgot DQ has an sbr.)

Can lose Fuu and run something like:
    Ama/Ama
    * Valk
    * DQ
    * LZL
    * Venus or Sandal

Stall for days, then easily pop up to full hp and burst. Or just crush everything.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  14. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    Man Venus has become such a staple recently and the fact that I don't have one just makes me even sadder T.T
    Or LZL. Cause chibi LZL sucks lol.

That looks like an awesome team :D

15. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Venus is great when you don't have time/don't want to stall. But Ama teams will excel at stalling. Sandal should do just fine.

And this is more about having an excuse to use LZL. Again, he can speed things up, but usually when Ama/Ama needs to hit for 16x, they can just stall until both leader actives are ready, and they should be golden.

(Also, LZL + Venus is kinda redundant 'cuz they both enhance light orbs. But the extra bit of TPA damage is nice.)

16. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Remember that Ama's heal kicks in after you attack so by itself won't put you in the zone. (It will prevent getting killed).

What about Sandalphon? Would set up a 1.5 / 10 / 1 team and a shield (Conspiracy theory: that's why he didn't win the uvo!)

Or is Arcline gonna work as a partner? 2 / 8 / 1

Or hell, it's time for @Tux's (and @sunglassesmichael 's) Ruka to shine! 2.5 / 4 / 1 (healing back to full on 2.5x HP is gonna be tough, though, so maybe more like 2.5 / 3 / 1).

17. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    Has anybody used Lmeta x Raphael to clear Hera Rush? I'm so desperate for that dark jewel right now and I really want to clear a rush someday T.T my team I used to clear Beorc in the challenge was Ltron - chibi valk - Da Qiao - God Valk - Sandalphon - Ltron. Prong utterly decimates everything it was carnage. Poor Hades.

Sorry if a post of a clear is somewhere here. I'm on mobile so links would be appreciated or just tips or any response lol. This is such a great thread, thanks for everything!

18. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yeah, a couple times. Let's see...

First time: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/2-13-2-14-hera-rush-victory-thread.68897/#post-849819

If you need more hp, you can just run Ama/LMeta. Or Ama/Raph if you need a lot.

19. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    Thanks so much and wonderful clear! Good to know Hera Sowilo is a good enough replacement :) if I can find a Raphael friend then I will try this. Not now sadly but in the future when I have skilled up Sowilo and hypermaxed my Valkyrie (or both of them >_>) and everyone else I will give this a shot :)

Its so cool to see 50K hp on a healer team its just so funny XD

20. MisterDrgn

User ID:

No problem. Just tried it with Venus, and it was even easier.

...still took two tries 'cuz I wasn't paying attention and just started running it with normal LMeta/LMeta leads. Oops.