[Team Building] Light Healers Guide

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by prem, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Cindereous

Cindereous Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks! and yes i understand that I have a good Saria team, her team will be work on after A. Astaroth. I am asking about A. Ama because im considering buying her New Year version with MP, i really like the art.

2. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Do you have a lot of MP to spare? Because you'd probably get better value buying an MP dragon, particularly since you already have a regular Ama.

3. Cindereous

Cindereous Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have a YomiDrag, im not sure if if i want a RaDrag since I am already using A. Sakuya. Other MP dragons don really appeal to me.

4. Puzzled dragon

Puzzled dragon Active Member

I would save your MP. Because you have A.Ama, NY Ama doesn't offer much difference for you. You never know what new collab or dragon will show up later.

Even older stuff like yuria (if fotn ever comes back) will offer something more different for you.

5. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Had stones for four rolls in the NY REM: Kaguya, Tengu, Tengu, Sandal

Don't care about the first three, but Sandal is one of the main reasons I rolled. A very nice improvement, with more damage output, plus the 10% dark resist allows you to tank DQ Hera pre-emptives in C10. I will likely feed him my hypermax Sandal after I skill him up.

On the other hand, with my current healer options, it doesn't make a lot of sense to use Sandal outside of C10. And Thor/Saria is much better for clearing C10s. So the whole investment may be kinda pointless. Oh well, at least he looks cool.

sunglassesmichael likes this.
  6. noobFTW

noobFTW If only I had more stones!

Oh well I looked into this c10. And it should be pretty easy to clear. With NY sandalphon I can tank the DQ hera hit with just sandal active and continue to stall. The team should be ama, chibi valk, DQXQ, NY sandalphon, venus. All of the females are going to be plused and amas are going to be max RCV latent
    The plan is looking like
    R1: Stall all 99 turns and then set up the board for row combos and kill when she gets to halfway and puts up dublit mirror
    R2: Match the first round to heal and then pop all of the actives to kill.(overkill but I just want shield and I'm going to be stalling anyway)
    R3: I'm stalling till sandalphon comes back and DQ makes it easy by changing light to jammers. And then I chip her down to around 40% using valk actives and I set up the board with hearts and pop valk to kill her with probably 2 rows or something like that
    R4: I'm popping sandalphon to take the board change hit. And then I'm popping DQXQ to change the board change into two colors. I use ama actives to heal all the way up and press venus for the kill. Rows+sandalphon+venus should be enough to exceed 2 mill per sub.
    R5: Stalling on hera-is and hitting her to around 50% and then setting up the board for row combos. I'll pop sandalphon and ama actives (I think I can only use ama actives when she uses freezing blast though so it will be a grind) and then kill her with the rows
    R6: Athena will be DQXQ+valk+venus for the kill
    I'll probably do this sometime during the week eventually....

7. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yeah, I'ma probably do something like this--but no way am I bothering to stall 99 turns on wave 1. Despite having actually run Meimei on my AAma team, I forgot that i can use the Meimei enemy's orb-change against her, so good call on that.

Will try to get NY Sandal leveled and awoken before doing this, and I may go ahead and feed my hyper regular Sandal to him, but obviously he won't be skilled up. By the time I get him skilled up, it may be too late--no more C10s that AAma can actually clear. We'll see, and of course Sandal doesn't really need skill-ups anyway.

8. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    So sad... no sandal ;~; Hanzo --> Tengu --> Tengu --> Medjed --> Medjed --> Leilan
    I cry ;~;

I'm going to be rolling more if I can get more stones before the REM goes away. Desperate for that Sandal </3 I have like 50 stones in my inbox being reserved for other things anyways!

Just cleared 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8 with Ama. 1 - 5 is pretty much a no-brainer but 6 and 8 were as usually swift clears. I was granted tons of unfortunate boards on the turns I needed to burst but alas that is how it goes. C7's Gold Keeper --> Mask with no Venus meant I used Thor/Saria instead. Totally realized how little damage that team outputs without using actives on Sopdet LOL. Have to use Raph's shield to null her "Goodbye" attack because I am a scrub :v

9. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Whelp, C10 was pretty easy. Things got a bit dicey on Hera-Is 'cuz she kept converting away the light orbs I was saving up, while skyfalls took her nearly below 30%. No other issues.

NY Sandal MPV. Aside from letting you survive DQ Hera's pre-emptive, he ups your damage output nicely. (Sorry @foxwaffles )

I went ahead and fed my hyper Sandal to NY Sandal, so this was a fully +'d team. Had to stall longer for skill level 1 Sandal, but whatever.

1-2) Stall for a while, then kill. Make sure Sandal's defensive reduction is up when you kill 2. I lacked the patience to stall out the jammers on wave 1, plus I was hitting Hera-Ur a bit too hard to wait that long. That said, if you knock her below 50% and she puts up her combo shield, you can heal her back above 50% with a <6 combo, so she doesn't one-shot you.

3) Stall on DQ Hera for Sandal to come back. Grind her down to around 50% with Valk active + minor light hits. Then horde hearts and pop Valk to kill.

4) Used @noobFTW 's strat. Pop Sandal and stall a turn, so Meimei makes you a tri-color board. Heal with Amas, then kill with DQ + Venus. I think I hit around twice as hard as necessary.

5) The one tricky bit. Have to grind Hera-Is below 50% hp and horde light orbs for the kill. If she converts your light orbs, you have to start hording again. If you get a few light skyfalls, you risk knocking her below 30% and dying. This almost happened to me. Finally just went for it with a meager 9 light orbs + Sandal active. All that extra OE on Sandal helps make this more comfortable.

6) DQ + Valk + Venus = dead Athena.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  10. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    @MisterDrgn Well I don't have Venus either so Ama + C10 = RIP stamina

Congrats on the clear :)

11. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yeah, honestly I'm not sure Sandal is worth chasing. He's a clear improvement over regular Sandal for difficult content, but Thor/Saria generally handles that stuff better anyway.

Hanzo is cool. Kinda. He fits on Thor/Saria if the dungeon isn't too hard and you want to speed things up. I think he's a better sub for Baal than anything else, but Baal isn't all that serious of a lead (also looks like you don't have Baal).

Medjed is nice. I could have used her for my Osiris team that I never use because it's like my light teams, only more work to play, and lower survivability, and weaker burst.

And yay, we both got two Tengu's in a row.

Oh, NY Leilan could get some play, right?

foxwaffles likes this.
  12. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    So many people just panned Hanzo, but I don't understand why.

I suppose it's more the fact that the Ninjas as a whole have become less attractive as their stats lag behind the new tankier meta and Hanzo is maybe the most impacted by that.

Still he's a unique orb change and obviously fits into teams running Saria.

I haven't done my roll yet, but I wouldn't be disappointed to land him.

Of the silvers I hope for Sandal, but either way I'm probably only rolling once.

13. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I don't see why being a unique orb-changer is an advantage. There are plenty of existing orb-changing options, and most of them are better.

On a Thor/Saria team, Hanzo is weaker than DQ/Wukong/Apoc, all of whom can be used offensively or defensively. He provides no utility. All he provides is a short-CD single orb-change. Imho, there's room for only one short-CD orb-changer on the team. So would you rather bring Hanzo, who combos with Saria, or bring Valk (or Pollux), who combos with everyone?

If you have limited options for Thor/Saria (notably no DQ), then Hanzo looks more appealing. Or he's fine for speeding up runs in easy dungeons.

14. noobFTW

noobFTW If only I had more stones!

Dang it you posted before me @MisterDrgn :(
    I cleared it with the same team though yesterday I just didn't upload the photos yet :( congrats though!
    Another thing I was theory crafting is that you can do this with sandalphon and ganesha on the team if you do not have venus. Possibly ganesha raph but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  15. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    Yeah I see a lot of not-hype over Hanzo, but honestly, I"m going to be experimenting with him as soon as he is max skilled (which knowing my luck will *never* happen).

I'm going to experiment with NY Leilan replacing Ares as my Light sub on my monofire/row-monster Awoken Leilan team! And also will be trying out NY Leilan as a leader just for the giggles (I don't see myself pushing her into high-powered content, Ama and Thor already have me covered). Most people would say Ares is a better sub because of his monster rows but honestly his pitiful RCV and his art (which is NOT my taste) mean I'm ready to push him out for a beautiful gorgeous what is essentially a dupe Leilan without regret.

And that's hilarious because I have TWO F/L Ares that I thought I'd use but never did. But with Hephaesteus being announced as a new Descended boss, I will be keeping them both expecting to keep one F/L and change one to Awoken whenever that happens (same goes for my dupe Hermes...)

If anybody wants ShivaDra but doesn't have Ares please take mine ;~;

My Awoken Leilan team as a result looks like this...: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

it screams whale yet it isn't q.q also it gets totally wreck'd by binds but LOL

...but that is getting off topic huehuehue

16. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

I wonder who this describes? :shifty:

lol :p

foxwaffles likes this.
  17. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    :(

18. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    At this point I've basically moved on. During 10x Descended I hypered 4 Water monsters and 2 Dark and have a similar breakdown planned for 10x again assuming I can farm enough next time to accomplish it.

I'd still be happy to roll DQXQ and Venus, but I'm not sitting around waiting for them anymore.

foxwaffles and MisterDrgn like this.
  19. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    New light enhancer (healer, but enhance isn't healer-specific), based on the number of TPAs on the team: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=480 Of course it doesn't have any TPAs itself.

Why the hell do we need this? Healer teams already have enough damage enhance subs. Sandal is up in one more turn anyway. Arcline actually has TPA and is up in four fewer turns.

For non-healer, there are Thor, Kanna, and Izanagi, all of whom are far better obviously.

And Light TPA is barely a thing anyway, outside of Kanna.

20. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Do you mean Facet (the L/L one)? That says she's Balanced type. Carat (the B/D one) is Healer type.