[Team Building] Mono-Green Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Niteblooded, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Well-Known Member

Dat MisterDrgn speak :wacky:

2. nocutename

nocutename I still stink after 1100 days but I am still here.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I attempted that one-shot challenge and made it up to Noah dragon. Could only survive a couple of hits as he kept taking away hearts and I ran out of actives. I think I really am going to buckle down and focus on the 5 remains dungeons I have left and then I am done. I am hoping to get that last quest but after many hours of brainstorming the dungeon and running it away too many times, I am losing interest. I don't want to have to run something 20 times to achieve a goal. This isn't life, it is supposed to be for fun. I like that this game is a nice distraction but it is becoming way too difficult that doesn't make it fun. I finally beat Dragon L+ and I should be ecstatic but I wasn't. The game is losing it appeal. But it is the longest game I have ever played so I thank Gungho for making it a fun experience.

@Niteblooded - I am sorry but I really don't have another guide in me. I rarely used the leader so I don't feel comfortable attempting to tackle the guide.

3. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm sorry to hear that....

It seem that I m even further away... So many missing quest, I can't managed to get a single crown... I can't even reach the top 10%.. :(

It's a tough business for GH... on one side, to keep people interest, they need to produce stronger monsters... (which they do... maybe too powerful sometimes...); and on the other hand, to compensate, they also need to produce harder contest to give players a goal to pursue...
    It's very difficult, and some (myself included) thinks that the power creep of leader/subs grew too fast... which force GH to bring even tougher challenges... some ridiculously hard...

I hear you; I do loose interest on time to times... but for me, having my wife continuing playing this game keeps bringing me back to it.
    I hope you'll come back to it; this game has a really nice player community! :)

Niteblooded and MisterDrgn like this.
  4. nocutename

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks @kandjar I thought you made to 10% this round? I threw all my box resources at this one and used 3 stones which is a lot for me. Heck, my winning boss shot hinged on Marine Rider's active. Yes, a rider. I almost pii my SL2 Tengu for it just because I really wanted to complete the quest. But I ended up using MeiMei for haste to get Rider up on the last floor. It was truly annoying because each run there were a ton of things that could and did go wrong. I never had a run that swept every floor either (my poison always got bound) I think I made it in but until it is officially calculated you never know. Anyway, why I am writing all of this? I tried so many times to get to 10% in the past and was quite unsuccessful. But this time maybe. So your time will come. Trust me, I didn't do it on skills at all, this one was gimmicky.

I understand why they make hard dungeons. This game is was all about the brainstorming but there is little discussion about that then there was when I first started. Now it is just watch a youtube and do it. I like to solo things and figure out boards on my own time. The other day, I had stamina and cooped Special Descended Rush for a few runs. It was actually fairly easy with Ilm team. But my comfort level was not there. I don't really enjoy farming Rogues either but I do because I want my max skilled prizes. I think this is because it took me so long to get to a farming descend point. I used to die so many times that it just put fear into me. I am not sure. So, while I will go outside my comfort zone, it isn't quite fun for me.

I am not going anywhere but just decreasing my time in the game. I have a handful of dungeons that I want to do first and then I will scale back my time. I have been blessed with some great rolls over the past few months that have allowed me to get to this point. It will be a waste not to complete what I can.

Anyone, I now have 4 SDR. Who is the best candidate? I don't like playing Myr so that is out. I switch between teams so much that it makes it hard for me to decide. I wish these were reusable.

kandjar and Niteblooded like this.
  5. Niteblooded

No worries! You have done plenty it was only a thought since so many were talking about her. Perhaps if there were a few requests than I may take a stab at it but after trying the team I'm honestly not even sure anything needs to be said. Tank what you can, burn what you cannot. That said I got my biggest accomplishment last night in this game...

I BEAT MYR!!! (Mythical Plus)

With Revo Ceres no less! It almost felt like cheating with that team. I had a wonky team where Gonia was only one with team synergy so she was the super star that got the kill shot. First try I almost beat it but Myr brought some game mechanics I never seen before and I didn't realize she had a soft count down (really should read up on dungeons). Second try I got orb starved on an early floor and didn't take it seriously enough. Third try, like butta! Though it does appear there is a small window of opportunity to snipe her and since I didn't study the dungeon I forgot where that was in between her skills but wow Revo Ceres has crap for damage and that was also part of the learning curve. I'm used to Parvati and Krishna so Ceres damage is like going from a sports car to a Prius. That Prius is safe though! Not sure I would have been able to do that dungeon without the reduced damage tanking ability. Thanks to @Kiyo for the Ceres.

I now have finally joined all the rest of you and have my own Myr. You guys got it done a long time ago and with less current leads but still a big thing for me. Filthy casuals like me have lower goals. :hungry:

I was too scared to try the ranking dungeon. I completed a bunch of normal dungeons to get magic stones. Almost all my rolls sucked though I did get Napoleon which I had no idea who it was when all I could see was the artwork. Best artwork I have ever seen for Napoleon since they always make him look goofy. May try him on my Krishna team.

nocutename and YamaKyu like this.
  6. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz 12 extra skyfall combo past a damage shield

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm sitting over here in the ranking dungeon blasting everything away with RevoParv and i still can't push past 18%, i don't understand how to do it faster, get less combos? :misc2:

it'd be great if we could get one of these ranking dungeons without every damn floor having a pre-emptive to waste half of the allotted time directly, though, of course, that means both the more hardcore people will blast the score requirements higher, and that heart-cross leads would utterly dominate since you'd only have to make one on the first floor and ride it as long as possible. :awakening10::awakening10:

Maybe have some shorter pre-emptives OR AT LEAST ONLY ONE PER FLOOR? that fkn dog floor. :misc1::misc1::misc1::misc2:

I would've thought i'd be ranking higher since all i need for that predra floor is 2 tpa, enough hearts, & 4 combo

YamaKyu likes this.
  7. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sadly no...
    I literally spent all my stam in the challenges... Monday through Wednesday: I did the one shot dungeon as soon as I reached 99 stam until I manage to clear it.... then I spend pretty much all my stam until Sunday (the only exception was STTD for which I used the stam available at the time) in the ranking dungeon... I only managed to reached 14.5%.... :| I got screwed more than half of the time by the binding on the third(?) floor... I also managed to screw myself with the stupid stress... failing to one shot some floor stupidly... bottom line: I didn't even reach the top 10%... sigh.... Probebly the best chance I'll ever get...

Lol... I did the same thing... I used Dino Rider on my best runs :)

I also debated py-ing some sub like Red Sonia (and somethig else... can't remember who...Maybe Saria...) ... but didn't do it. Maybe I should have...

You know the irony... is the run who went the best, on the final floor, I got an insane # of unnecessary skyfall combos (> 10 total)... which wasn't enough to bumb my score up with combo... but was enough to cost me some precious seconds... :(

Wow!!! Nice to hear!!! and if you did, then it was worth it :) This game is about grinding your way through victory, 3 stone to reach it, sometimes (especially on one-time dungeon/ranking) it's worth to do it.

For me, I ended up rolling one time to many (and one time more than I originally plan) at the GF to get a third or 4th Perseus... :( I regretted it.
    My 5 stones would have been better spent replenishing my stamina to try to reach the to 10%....

That's kind of why I think it may have been one of my only chance to get there...

I kind of agree with you... I feel that it was ... in a way.. harder before... .
    As in: you had to plan more ahead before tackling a dungeon.
    Nowadays, many strong generic team can just go to the dungeon blind folded and deal with the problem as they come without having to plan too much.

I was also kindof true before for teams lead by Ra, Horus or Sakuya... BUT.. .these team required very very specific subs AND insane skills; now, a lot more generic teams have emerged and can tackle hard content without too much sweat.. .
    In a way it's nice coz it's easier for the *common* people to play the game and succeed at it. At the same time, I really loved the time where I had to carefully plan my run browsing padx or padwikia (back them), figuring out what to do throughout the instance before even entering it...
    Well.. .time changes.. so did the game.. I still like it :p ... probably coz I invested so much personal time on it ;P

+1

That's the spirit ;-)
    I perso do the same.. until i roll someihing exciting which bring me back: lately, Acala :)

If you really don't know; I would advice to keep them until you absolutely need them! (and you'll know when that'll happen)
    That said, if you do not wish keep to reserve some box space for them I would recommend in order:
    - subs with "haste" effect.; haste 2 are fantastic target for SDR but haste one are really good too.
    - then leads: SDR on lead is tremendously useful in coop mode... Also, it can attract more pal points...
    - any critical utility sub... but this usually falls in the first category as: you'll know when you'll need them :)

Wouldn't that be nice :) Or if you couls stack them on a stupid sub which you would later feed to transfer to the proper one... (+egg style)

8. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You should always try them.. even if it s just for the stone; and like one of my friend always says: "I made it to the top 100%" ;-)

9. MarLoda

MarLoda Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I last posted here. Just wanted to drop in and say hello, glad this thread is still up and running!

I recently redownlpaded the game and logged in, got a lot of catching up to do to update my monogreen team :p

kandjar, Niteblooded and nocutename like this.
  10. nocutename

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Niteblooded

Congrats! Revo Ceres is very strong. My team is a bit wonky too. I think I used L/R Ra over poison for the predra floor. So silly I am. But I cannot farm Myr, so I am happy to find a team to tackle it fairly easy. I just need some more friends up. I am keeping my Ceres up too and she has Gem princess on her.

@kandjar

I didn't beat the One Shot. I tried only twice and gave up. Those are just too long and hard for me. I am trying to get my accustom to these longer dungeon by running Ultimate Endless but I am getting bored.

It is hard to concentrate on too many things. There will be another rank dungeon with your name on it. Just prepare your box for everything.

I just rolled D Kanna two GF ago and it is fun playing a combo leader again. I keep switching up leaders it is sad.

@RajaNagaSoz

I only scored well because I was using a Dios swipe team. When I tried once with LuBu I only got around 21%. I got really lucky hitting the top damage on my one run too. I normally only score around 30-40 percent. Sometimes I am lucky to get into the 50%

I don't get it either. I watch the high ranker videos and it doesn't seem like I am that much slower but I am.

11. Niteblooded

Welcome back! Glad you got your account back in tact.

Now we need @Marty back.

@nocutename
    I used Balboa for the Predra floor. So glad I got him to keep my team full green otherwise I would have to use a non-green solution like you did. But Ra is a solid choice for Predras so don't feel bad about that. I see him get used all the time for that exact thing.

I'm not even ready for farming Myr yet. I still need to beat the "easy" version of her dungeon to get the stone.

I don't keep my Ceres up but if you want her just request her. I don't have any +eggs on her or skilled her up but I am thinking about it for these harder dungeons.

Edit
    I was just thinking you could Skill Inherit your Ra on your Ceres since how often are you really going to use Ceres' skill anyway?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    MarLoda likes this.
  12. MarLoda

MarLoda Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Loving the new write up, lots of good info, thanks for that! Looking forward to feeding my Cinderella to Parvati for 2nd skill when I get enough materials

A couple questions if you guys don't mind:

1. Can I level up the 2nd skill after it's on Parvati or do I have to do it before hand?

2. What do you guys spend monster points on? I'm sitting on 100k and was thinking jewels, tamadras, or woodpies (if available) but not sure or if I should save it

Thanks in advance :)

Niteblooded likes this.
  13. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    1. Yes you can do it after.
    2. Save MP for MP monsters unless a jewel is of absolute vital importance to you today and you can't wait.

Niteblooded and MarLoda like this.
  14. nocutename

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Niteblooded

Right now I have Cameo on Ceres. She is the gem princess. I don't have spare tans so I rarely do SI. Because I saved my tans, I was lucky to have enough to do up that Rank dungeon team. I just used all of my tans for that team. Sometimes it is great that I use my resources so sparingly. But Ra on Ceres would definitely work however, I mainly farm xp and things like that need him for a laser team.

@MarLoda

Hope all is well. I would continue to save the MP points until you have 250k or 300k. If you coop they accumulate fairly quickly.

For Tamadras, I recommend cooping and doing the 100 stamina one. In Coop it is only 50 and you are guaranteed one adult tama each run. Most runs, I get two adults. You get none of those dark things. Finding coop players for Tama dungeon is super quick too as everyone wants to run it. If you have a laser team that works best. Post on Discord and you will find players when the dungeon is open.

For Woodpii, they are giving up a Pii dungeon as a reward when clearing challenges these days. So if you clear this challenge level 6 and up, you will get an email to a Py dungeon. It cost 10 stamina (I believe) and you can run it over and over until you get the pii you need. You should try and hit up 6-8 at least. 8 is a fixed team that wasn't too hard. Delay is great.

I think they are changing up the SI system too. I am trying to stay on top of the game mechanics but it changes so much.

Niteblooded and MarLoda like this.
  15. Niteblooded

So what is considered the hardest Mythical + dungeon these days?

Also what do you guys do with dupe God rolls with +eggs? Do you sell them for the MP (any or just GFE) or do you fuse them for the +eggs?

@MarLoda
    Thanks glad it's helping you out! Got some help this time around and that made a HUGE difference. I agree with the others on your MP question. Like CloudStrife said, only buy those things when you absolutely cannot wait but I will say it sucks when you finally made up your mind to purchase a 300k MP monster and you're down 3k.

@nocutename
    What exactly is a laser team? Is it just a Defense breaker team to burn through farming dungeons like Tamas and Kings?

MarLoda likes this.
  16. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Save dupes and don't feed them. You should only sell dupes when you are going to actually buy an MP monster. You never know what will have a really useful inherited skill or get a really good buff. Trash can become great overnight.

Niteblooded and pad_n00b like this.
  17. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

Laser team = Button team = stack your team with true damage to beat those dungeons and ask for someone with sbs. You can run anji to avoid needing true damage though.

Niteblooded likes this.
  18. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    .... as long as they aren't no preemptive on the next floor.

19. nocutename

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi everyone. So I didn't realize that Revo monsters cannot be reversed. So I am now careful before revo. Is everyone doing Bastet. She looks great so I am going to do her tomorrow. Just want to make sure before I do it. Anibus may get done too for his bind clearing awakening. 16million exp for one awakening is crazy though. I still haven't done Venus or Hades because I am not sure if they are better as Revo. Not sold.

@Niteblooded
    I made my button team long before Anji was here. With Batman collab that past, I did up my second Bane. So it is hard to give it up. I think it is faster too than combo matching.

I will not lie, I have fused two of my bad rolls for +eggs. But mainly I sell them if they are really bad rolls. I do keep dupes, lots of them. I just never know. I don't IAP so I need all the help I can get.

20. MarLoda

MarLoda Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the tip. Noob question, is there an invite link for the Discord channel? Not sure which one I should be joining.