[Team Building] Mono-Green Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Niteblooded, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I definitely dont argue his capability as a leader. He seems like he will be pretty strong. I just personally dont love the cross playstyle, no mater how OP it is. I have a Hyper Acala team that is Arena 3 worthy and I never use it in arena 3 because of cross fatigue. And she can take hits for days. Same reason i dont use Myr anymore and rarely use Gremory or Ronove. Too much crossing minimizes combos on average and i just get more fun from matching more combos in more that only the one shape. I basically now only use cross leader in coop

RageSedai likes this.
  2. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For sure, everyone likes different things. I hope I'm not coming across as trying to convince you the playstyle is boring. I was just pointing it out as a personal preference kinda thing :) I also do like the damage cross more then the defense cross in terms of playstyle. Its why probably my most used cross team in the future will be Dantalion once he gets his buff. He only needs 1 cross to get over 1 mil or burst absurdly high at 2 crosses. Now with the defenses added to his leader still means i dont have to cross every turn, or even at all in trash floors.

RageSedai likes this.
  3. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I think a lot of people focus on the small set of teams that can farm Arena 3 reasonably efficiently. Outside of that, there's a huge set of leads to choose from, if you can find people who run them.

Even in A3, it seems like the diversity is increasing. I dunno. I'm not an A3 guy.

4. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't love running arena 3 either because its super stressful. I was happy to get my solo clears with Ceres and then Meridionalis but I only was running it a bunch (mostly coop with Ceres and Myr) trying to get that damn Heradra that has been avoiding me for months. She was the last one I was missing. Was lucky enough to do a run with a streamer the other day and got her to spawn and to drop. So in reality I'm back to just building teams for fun, which is what I usually have done while playing PAD. Once Arena 3 becomes an "easier" dungeon or more team then I'll try to run it more to get those killer latents.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  5. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I feel pretty fortunate to have had good and consistant buffs to green leads that i have, to continue to run the same ones for such a long time... Parvati specifically, when she got awoken form, then a few small buffs in a row, then the subs that i had got buffs and evos, then team badges and her revo came along, and the skill inherit giving stats...

But i feel like my other colors have been wasting away. I've always been the type that has a hard time focusing down on one thing, and i end up being a "jack-of-most-trades/master-of-one-or-two-maybe" type of person.

Green has gotten a lot of catchups within my box, while others haven't. Blue only recently got to have fun with Meridi dropping in and proving to be really good, my red still sits around with tons of great subs, but nearly no good leads anymore (XM is basically all i have for a fire lead these days, next best is Tsubaki and it goes steeply downhill form there), Light is basically sitting on an unskilled Myr and being ignored, and my dark is atrocious, Lucifer being my last good lead and he was late to his own party.

I'm not the type to enjoy hauling off and blowing 50 to 99 or more stamina for a "try" as fun, i really wish there was a training mode to go into, EC takes too long and gives too many breaks to prepare for things like A3, and sometimes i really just want to try fighting ONE thing in particular (IE: shiva) and i despise burning 50 or more stamina, and a solid time chunk to getting to something specific (IE: shiva) only to shoot once and die because "Oh, that did worse/better than i expected".

And i will not take into account co-op stamina reduction, because then i'm blowing other people's stuff, and that's even heavier weighing on my mind.

Niteblooded likes this.
  6. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Well-Known Member

I also wish there was a better way to practice in this game. The penalty for trying something that doesn't work is high and this game already has a very steep curve. I couldn't imagine playing this game without outside resources like this forum, PDX and PAD Guide. The UI has gotten a lot better but there is still a lot of invisible stuff you'd never know about without those resources.

Then the climb to tougher dungeons is no where close to linear.

I don't keep up with what everyone else is doing. I poked around on the forums a few days back mostly just to see what people thought of the Heroine machine since no one was posting in this topic at the time and it felt like 90% of the forum was waiting for the RaDra ultimate release. It was so abundant that it made the forum almost unreadable to me.

So maybe there is more diversity but I also have a feeling that when that evo releases half my friends will switch to that since that is what everyone is begging for. I get why, that LSkill is unmatched.

Outside of RaDra most of the team talk I see on this forum is some form of cross lead. Boring. That's why I made my comment. If it's not RaDra it's cross lead. Half my friends list is a cross lead and I added them because they ran something else at the time.

7. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah i never understood why gungho kept buffing Parvati and Lakshmi so much everytime, when they never seem to do that with other leaders. But i'm not complaining since I love Parvati, she has easily been my most used leader in the game and the one I usually come back to (along with Radra) once I finish using the new flavors of the month leaders.

Agree here with the colors thing. Green seems to have a lot of good options. Artemis/Balboa, Parvati and Ceres are all great teams that are kinda unique (Only blue has something compareable with the first 2 in Lakshmi and SQ/Hermes, but I like the green versions for both better. And To Ceres there is Minerva who is as good or Neptune who is capable but the worse of the 3.) Even Ronove is very unique as a cross leader with his color style matching and his quickness. Light pretty much now is Myr or bust (you can argue Ilm but he is mostly hydrid with Light and Red). Green to me know is the most versitle of the colors and arguably has the best subs in the game.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  8. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

With RAstaroth coming I am excited to dust off my team and really clear some stuff this time as I have pulled some new subs that I didn't have when A Astaroth came out. My old team was Astaroth(Bind Clear)/Michael/Devil Genbu/Kaguya(Verdandi)/Perseus. With my new pulls in the last 6 months I am thinking of RAstaroth/MIchael/Devil Genbu/AArtemis/????. Last slot is hard because I need SBR and I also need RCV. Choices right now are Kano, Leeza, Wee jas, Kaguya, 2nd AArtemis. Or I can throw in Vishnu or Parvati even though they don't bring rows. I also have Freyja but her active is meh and really long to throw on an inherit. I'm leaning towards Kano(Verdandi) because she has good rcv, bind clear(which means I can put a better inherit on Astaroth, and SBR. I will miss my Hyper Kaguyahime but I think it is time to feed her off and if I want a new one just farm it up. Any thoughts?

samuelburtt likes this.
  9. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, you probably already know this, but I am baised to using Verdandi on the team. I love her awakens to complement the rest of the team (TE, OE, 2 SB), and she combos beautifully with Asty. My team will be the same as yours with Verdandi in the last spot. For bind clear option, any change you have mister beard man GGY? Perfect inherit to put on Asty, and again, still combines perfect with Asty.

10. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

I do have GGY but I was hoping to put Australis or AArtemis on my Astaroth and use Kano as bind clear if needed. I have Dragon Swordsmen on my Astaroth now and it seems like a waste when her active is so good. I also like to have Astaroth to convert red on a Verd active for a kill board so I may not put an inherit on her. I have used Verdandi in the past but no rows and not getting the boost from the leader seems like a waste when I can put her active on someone else who does. Especially because I have 3 Verdandi and the other 2 are ready for assist.
    @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa since we will run the same team do you have inherits on Michael, Artemis, Genbu?

cjo likes this.
  11. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fair point, it's all comes down to personal preference honestly. I think @Flaycrow and I were the only crazy people that liked Verdandi more than other on type options.

I don't have any inherits yet but I'm pretty sure Artemis will the Australis, Asty will get GGY (still combines with Verdandi for kill shot), Meimei will get Sylvie (combines with Michael still but added benefit that I can help and hit with that single active if bicolor not needed). Michael and Verdandi will remain inheritless for now until I find something useful to put on them. Maybe Ishida on Michael, not sure yet.

cjo likes this.
  12. Niteblooded

I do agree green has come along way. That is the biggest reason I still play this game tbh.

I'm not sure I would say we're the best even though I always jokingly say that. I admittedly am pretty naive and ignorant to other colors but the leads I either know about personally or see a lot of are:

RED: Krishna, Shiva, Minerva, Shiva Dragon, Tsubaki oddly and soon Dantalion (1st/2nd most popular color)

BLUE: Blue Myr, Aizen, and Lakshmi (least used color on my friends list)

LIGHT: Myr, RaDra, Ra, Ilm, DQXQ and sometimes Sakuya (most popular color on my friends list)

DARK: Gremory, Noctis, YomiDrag

So many Myr and RaDra users. It's like when Valk was the most used leader so I'm guessing all the Valk leaders upgraded to Myr. Sometimes I see a good list of friends to choose from running green but some days it is barren.

I think Blue and Dark need the most help to make their leads more enticing to use. Though Dark did enjoy a long period of very strong meta leads (Lucifer and DMeta) so I would put Blue above Dark. I started to make a Blue team and then I just stopped and wondered why. No one runs it and the leads are boring.

13. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

I'm also trying to decide on an Astaroth lineup, even though it's premature because I never know what new cards might come into my box between now and her arrival. I'd love to pull a Michael, for example.

I was wondering if I needed to run a bind clear as part of my core lineup given that the leads are bind-proof and my bind clear cards have slightly low stats...but then I thought that with 2x hp and no RCV boost, a heartmaker might be pretty nice to have as a core member. Of Kano, Cinderella, or Wee Jas, I'm favoring Kano if only because I rarely run the sticker girls and Kano is a cutie :)

So I'm thinking:
    Astaroth- devil Meimei- Artemis - Kano - Verdandi - Astaroth
    Jormungandr subs in for poison.

The main issue I see is the team has only one lousy time extend! If I run solo I'll have to use the time extend badge. In coop I think I'd have to seriously go the scrub route and sub in a card like Yomi purely for the TE. Heck, maybe Jormy will earn a permanent spot due to his 2xTE.

14. Niteblooded

Wow so many posts happened between the post I was responding to and when mine actually appeared. Guess that happens when posting/working at the same time.

In regards to Astaroth. If you need more TE you can use Ronove or Bastet but sadly neither have Row enhance.

If you need a bind clearer there is Revo Parvati or Revo Ceres though Parvati has no row enhance and Ceres only has 1. I would prefer Parvati's active since she can either clear the bind or generate more orbs for Artemis to break as well as enhance all the green orbs on the field.

It's going to be hard coming up with a solid team. Not many Devils with Row enhance. Most Devils have bad RCV too. Freyja may get a spot on the team because not only 3 Rows but she provides something else the team could be lacking - 2 SBR.

Ronove with a Cauchemar inherit might be worth trying. Might even try Zuoh on the team despite his garbage RCV. But like Carlos I will probably just have to sacrifice some slots to non-devils.

cjo likes this.
  15. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

@Niteblooded,

For Astaroth don't forget you get healers too! I hope I'm not belaboring the obvious if that was just a typo. I almost put Kaguya-Hime in my tentative lineup, because I think she would make a great inherit base due to her 4-turn cooldown and respectable stats. I can only afford one card with no SLR though, and I thought I'd want devil Meimei more.

RE friends lists: a perennial annoyance, but right now I'm playing casually enough so I don't mind. I've adopted that if I have one rare lead up, I'm doing my part :angelic:

toadashi and Niteblooded like this.
  16. Niteblooded

That's why I mentioned Parvati and Ceres. :)

Neither are good for Row but both are unbindable devils and supply healing, bind clear and good RCV. Ceres would be the better inherit since her bind clear is the active and not awakened based.

If someone doesn't have either than the fairy tale girls, Megumi or Kano surely can fill the void as inherits. I do forget about Kaguya-Hime as I've never used her but you're right her stats are pretty decent for a farmable option.

cjo likes this.
  17. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

I actually still have my Hyper Kaguyahime that I skilled up before tans, before we had 4x or even 3x regularly, and before she was an easy drop in any of the evo mat guerillas. I actually ran her dungeon!! Such a pain in my ass. Anyway once I could put Verdandi active on her she really shined on my Astaroth team only problem is the lack of SBR. I ended up running Perseus so I could have Devil Genbu. She really is pretty good and now Vishnu has 2x SBR so people can use him to cover if need be. She has a finger and a row, good rcv and is also much easier to farm now. Of the currently farmable green healers she has by far the best active, stats and awakenings. Ras has good active but nothing else, Adekazakiri might be ok if you need a lazer but other than that not much, Titania is the only one with SBR but her active is wasted on Astaroth because nobody has OE's and it is too long to put an inherit on.

18. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Shoutout to you for skilling her up the good ol painful method. I also did it, but with Descended Carnival it's much more convenient, so yeah, you're a true one.
    Also yeah, she's awesome. One of my favorite farmable card, hypermaxed too !

cjo likes this.
  19. Niteblooded

I salute you guys for sure. That dungeon before Carnival came around was a PITA. I hastily used the one I built up for Ohkami's evo and was too lazy to build another. I like her uevo artwork a lot.

Right now the team I'm leaning towards is:

Astaroth
    - Freyja (Cauchemar)
    - Artemis
    - Ceres (Verdandi)
    - Devil Meimei
    - Ronove (Zuoh)

Though I may change my mind and decide to put a bind clear on Astaroth and sub Ceres out for someone else, like Verdandi. I feel like I need someone to combo with Artemis to make her more worthwhile since she overlaps with Astaroth. So may just put Parvati or Michael there. Though leaning towards Parvati for the stats which will be multiplied by Astaroth even more. If I do Parvati than I may put Verdandi on Astaroth.

20. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't know if you didn't mention because you guys don't have them, but Sasuke and Leeza are very nice options. I in particular love Leeza. Fast row maker with great healing, great option when doing short dungeons.