[Team Building] Mono-Green Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Niteblooded, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Well-Known Member

I don't know. I still don't see the point of the Jammer leads. With Algedi you need at least 3 Jammer orbs just to get a combo to take out simple trash mobs and she only creates 2. No HP buff to stall and wait for Jammer abilities. Even with 3 turn cool downs it just looks like a team for someone who has the right subs and a lot of patience.

Please explain to this pleb why god killer is a no no in Arena. I've never tried Arena so I don't know any of the mechanics. I still haven't beaten all the Mythical+ and Legendary+ dungeons so I know I'm not up to the task. I very quickly watched an Arena video in some topic and even though it had 3/4 of the floors sped up it was still a very long video. Looks like a long dungeon so yet another reason why I haven't tried.

2. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

Algedi creates 3 green and 3 jammers. Also her new Ult gets a small shield for making 4 combos which makes up for the lack of HP buff.
    Some people don't like god killers awakenings for arena because of Sopdet and Parvati who both have damage absorb shields. There are ways around them and they don't always spawn but it can be a pain.Although I think that even with the god killer if you do a blob instead of a row with Astaroth it should work.

Niteblooded likes this.
  3. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    He's here! He's here!

Needing all subs with SBR (and one double) is annoying. Bind clearers with SBR include:
    Ceres, Balboa, Odin Dragon (7c awakening!), and Kushinada

Damage control is a slight issue because the damage from skyfall between 6 and 7 is huuuuge.

Hypermaxed and with SI, team stats are 67.7k HP and 8.3k RCV.

Team damage caps out at about 30m damage (without enhance) but hitting 10m damage means 7 or 8 combos and at least two TPAs

4. Niteblooded

Ya I'm not sure you will want to use Osiris where you need to be careful how much damage you do but I guess that's in character. You're either rich or you're not.

This new monster book driving anyone else crazy? Now everyone is lit up whether you have the evo mats or not. It's back to displaying those who can be reversed... even if you don't have the lits. And now my monsters are in a different order so it takes longer finding what I want. The diamond eggs look a little weird to me but I at least see the reason for that. The other changes... ehh. I want my old monster book back. :sorry:

5. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is what annoys me the most. Making inventory on the mats I need is more annoying now. Thankfully i think this got changed in a future update in JP

cjo likes this.
  6. Niteblooded

As someone who has both designed and tested stuff, GUI changes like this probably annoy me more than the normal person. It also messes with the mild OCD I have.

The arrows are the new indicator. A dull orange means you do NOT have the evo mats for an upgrade. A bright orange means you do. So you have to look at that tiny little button and see the slight hue change to see if it can be upgraded or not. It's a little more noticeable with the blue arrow over the orange and how I figured it out but it's still not user friendly at all. Obviously the color blind need not apply as they weren't factored in this "update".

RageSedai and cjo like this.
  7. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Planning on running RAst/RAst/Verd/RArt/RCeres when all the revos hit. Any specific latents that might be preferable on the RAsts, Verd and RCeres or should I just aim for ATK on RArt, rainbow on Verd and RCV on everything else?

Probably gonna hyper the team soon, even though Verd still feels a bit out of place, but I need to clean out resists so I'm trying to feed latents in advance.

8. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Depends on the content. I personally will aim for Arena 3 so SDR will be the priority, then RCV on everything else.

9. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Content for me is pretty much everything except A3 and Colosseum.

10. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Then maybe dont worry about the SDR, and stack up on fingers and especially RCV. And maybe a Dark and Blue latent on someone unbindable to make sure you dont die to 100% gravity in arena

Derpinator likes this.
  11. Niteblooded

This game either hates the hell out of me or I am just repeatedly consistently super unlucky in it. I had about 5-6 games I lost in a row because of horrible sky falls. One of the most spectacular ones was me doing a single off-color combo to get past some stupid 5 turn mechanic but instead I got 13 combo with 3-4 on-color combos. This epic sky fall of course one shot the boss but of course this boss had a Rez buff and proceeded to OHKO me with its multiple technique in "one move" slam.

Another similarly amazing fail was when I was one of my attempts on Linthia where I made the combo to beat her but a big block (10+) of poison orbs fell taking me out with her. And no I did not spend the stupid stone for the egg laying on the ground. **** that!

The first day of the 1 shot Py stream reward it took me something like 100 STA to see something other than Light/Dark. I even checked PADGUIDE to see if something other than those 2 could drop.

When RNG doesn't feel to random... :blackeye:

cjo and RajaNagaSoz like this.
  12. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Oh wow that is some lousy luck! RNG is being cruel to you for sure. I'm always afraid of Linthia instadeath, but it hasn't happened to me yet. Linthia just kills me in all the usual ways instead.

Niteblooded and RajaNagaSoz like this.
  13. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz 12 extra skyfall combo past a damage shield

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

reminds me of all the times i've had equally terrible luck.

throwing 4x50 stam at a dungeon only to have cerberus on floor one, one-shot me by the skyfall giving me free green orbs on old x25 parvati team pushing him directly into rage hit on turn 1.

Niteblooded likes this.
  14. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Current team that I'm working on:

I just rolled Freyja and am wondering if this team needs her at all, either as a sub or an inherit. I was going to inherit Skuld or Cauchemar somewhere, probably onto Ceres or Artemis, so I'm not entirely sure what could take Freyja if she is needed.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  15. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Freyja[Verdandi] is gonne be better stats wise than Verdandi.
    Verdandi is neither healer nor devil.

Niteblooded likes this.
  16. Niteblooded

Agree. Freyja also provides Row boost which the other cards outside of Asty are lacking. That extra SBR doesn't hurt either.

17. Niteblooded

I need more Revo Ceres friends. Yesterday there was a 4x XP event on Myr and sadly RCeres is the only one I know how to do it reliably on. That was 180k XP per run!

Also went ahead got off my lazy butt (figuretively of course) and did Star Justice since I know I will need one for Perseus.

Did the challenge dungeons on 4x too. Which reminded me last Challenge set I pulled the ultimate bonehead maneuver and did Agni with Parvati ...and a Krishna friend. Ya ....Ya. Still beat that sh** despite gimping myself. Fire got nothing on Parvati! She's like Daenerys.

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa and cjo like this.
  18. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Parvati + Krishna, there's a duo you don't see every day!

19. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    SHE IS BACK!!!
    [​IMG]

The cutest and my favorite green leader is back ladies and gents. Test run in arena 1 went super smooth. Next up is Arena 3. Hopefully I can get the clear some point today.

@wangatang0830 Is the current team I have there (Michael/Artemis(Australis)/Parvati/Kushi(Cauchemar)) the best I can do for Arena 3? Other options are GValk, Leeza, Sasuke, Freyja, Chr. Alarune, School Athena, Ceres, Devil MeiMei.

20. Niteblooded

@Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa
    Very nice! Those 107k HP! Nice DPS too and without a Freyja. Now that the Wednesday dungeon is past I really wish I had been on top of the news. Now I gotta wait a week for all those evos. Mostly just care about the Asty one though. I think I am the very last holdout for G/D Artemis but now it's time to switch.

Speaking of changes it looks like Verdandi got a nice buff even though she was fine before. Zhuge Liang got a long list of upgrades and sadly he is still very meh. I love the ROT3K source material and overall universe and Zhuge Liang. I was really wanting them to buff him and make relevant but his leader skill is not exciting and his active is still crap so he's not enticing as a leader and he is mediocre at best TPA sub. All those upgrades and still can't justify using him over someone else.

Maybe rather than coming up with cards that do damage they will develop a mechanic where players can out smart a dungeon. He'd be a perfect one for an active rehaul if they do.