[Team Building] Mono-Green Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Niteblooded, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie a big part of me is really tied to the GD artwork. Most of the art is really nice but it's also mostly either trying to look bad *** or make girls look really hot. The GD artwork just has Artemis chillin' which seems pretty uncommon.

I like running Artemis/Balboa for many hard dungeons and specifically added Artemis leaders but the main use for RArtemis appears to be as lead. She would also go well on my RAsty team. But my 2-3 Artemis friends are more reliable than my Balboa friends (0 these days). I dunno I see pros and cons to both. I want to join the cool kids, just looking for a good reason.

samuelburtt and EvilEye like this.
  2. EvilEye

EvilEye Why can't we have nice things?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Niteblooded
    I still use Freyja partners, but I've been using more Balboas recently. With the loss of the blue subtype, I needed something else to give an unbindable blue source. I'm considering Revo'ing my Kushi as well, but I don't think I have enough exp fodder for that. Revo Artemis is definitely more of a leader, but he active is good enough to be worth using as a sub.

Niteblooded likes this.
  3. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
    Awoken Michael is... disappointing? I really thought hp conditional leader skills were a thing of the past. And his typing... What's going on with that? The awakenings are a bit of a hot mess too. Mixing rows and 7c2 awakening always strikes me as a bit silly. Most row based teams rarely hit 7 combos...

Pretty excited about Ragdrag uvo though. There are a lot more machine-type cards in the game these days and even some solid farmable ones.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Niteblooded likes this.
  4. Faye

Faye Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi there, working no RArtemis as well. I've got so much green cards to be honest lately that i don't even know where to start, i just logged in for a couple of months!
    I've got Artemis/Balboa, Freyja, Sylvie, Ceres and Perseus. Who's the best leader of the group?
    Got a great bunch of subs too, for Artemis even W/G ones if needed, just can't decide who prioritize. If i've got to evo and skill up all i'll end in the next powercreep probably (that's what happens to me usually -_-)
    What do you think?

That's my padhearder:
    https://www.padherder.com/user/miki...,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

5. Niteblooded

Ya they gave his active a heal but remove the healer typing. Dragon/Balance is probably the worst typing he could get. Only part I like is seeing a really good card getting GB but outside of that I'm not excited at all for his evo.

Before every Awoken and Revo was a solid upgrade but now it seems like they are just trying to sucker people into them since we are conditioned to immediately go for the upgrades.

I also liked his previous set of awakenings. Since I don't have a dupe I will probably not evo him til he gets something that makes more sense.

6. Niteblooded

Artemis and Balboa are probably the most versatile and capable of tackling a lot of hard dungeons. Not sure if Arena 3 capable since I don't do those dungeons but I have a very poor team composition and it's still my preferred team for the really hard mythical + dungeons. Artemis and Michael are the money combo for this team. Biggest problem is having enough friends that actually run this team. Most of the time I end up passing on dungeons simply because I don't have the friend leaders. I highly recommend building both up.

Revo Ceres is also very strong and also suffers from very few running her. Both these awesome leader pairs expose this game's biggest weakness - the friend system sucks donkey butt. RCeres is insanely strong against the stuff she is strong against (green, dark, light) but horrible against fire based floors/dungeons. No RCV bonus is painful when going against the grain. For example Ares (floor 1) on the Gaia Dragon dungeon I can't beat. I think I need lower CD subs and ones that can generate the orbs I need. I wish I had the Ishida you have. I would use him and GSonia for sure if you pick up this team. Genbu is also a great sub/inherit. Water floors/dungeons should not be under estimated because green gets a damage boost. Be wary of ice dragons that have a Rez/rage mode mechanic or one of those PITA damage mitigating mechanics.

Faye likes this.
  7. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm incredibly excited for Ragdra! so much that I bought a second one, and then will buy a third when i get enough MP. Ragdra/Ragdra/Ragdra/Balboa/AGanesha/Ragdra. Balboa will get dragon killer latents. Ganesha one god and one dragon killer. Arena 3 will have no chance!

samuelburtt likes this.
  8. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Artemis Balboa and Ceres are your best teams. For Ceres id run Ceres/Ishida/Artemis/Gronia/Flex. Flex is Perseus or other utility when needed. If you want to make the team super strong, you can by Pure and make that your flex spot. That is my exact team an I have beat arena 3 with it. Artemis/Balboa can also beat arena 3 but its harder. Artemis an Michael go really well on the team if you lead with balboa. 2 Artemis are great. You could however lead with Artemis instead and use the unbindable badge so you have unbindable leads. If you boughgt ragnarok dragon he also works nice on the team.

Bastet is also a team you should consider. She is very good now. I would make a super gunma for her and then lead run with Bastet/Gunma/Vishnu/Artemis/Verdandi. For arena inherit a shield somewhere, maybe on bastet. If you need bind clear you could use Ceres over maybe Artemis or Verdandi. You wont consitently do arena 3 with it, but most dungoens and arena 1 wont be an issue

Faye and Niteblooded like this.
  9. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, 7c awaken with rows and/or without a finger is just counter intuitive. And his typing is an issue in the team he shins the most. Mine is staying ult evo.

10. Niteblooded

I salute your patience Sir! I think RagDrag has to be the official Evo Mats Blackhole.

Made me buy a D.Athena. I will gladly pay 2x MP just so I don't have to farm a million evo mats for the billionth time. I thought about adding up all the evo mats you need for that guy just for kicks. Then I realized that I'm too lazy for that task!

11. Faye

Faye Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Great ideas for Ceres! I'll probably add Freyja as the flex there. For the puppettier i think you mean Courage, the green one that turns enemy guard to water, she should be a great add indeed! What i do like less of this team tho is the lack of fast orb changers, there is Artemis and that's great, but.. maybe adding a Goetia in it? Swapping Ishida or Gronia tho. Just when i need to go faster.
    For Artemis Balboa i don't have a Michael, got 3 Artemis (well 2 at lvl 10) and 2 Balboa to troll with. It seems i like to roll the same cards over and over in the ages XD

For Bastet... i gave up before trying, the super Gunma makes me cry even before starting!

Thank you a lot for your advices! I'm really excited about this Ceres team :)

12. faustfu

faustfu Member

User ID:
    378 352 207
    Pure converts enemies to green attribute, which Ceres will resist, so they might actually mean Pure. Courage would work more like a burst, but if you can't burst better to be able to tank and stall it out.

Faye likes this.
  13. Faye

Faye Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Interesting. I didn't thought about that. The problem tho is puppetteers (if i remember correcly) can't be inherited, and Pure is off-color. For a 15 turns CD. I can bring a boost like freyja, or a shield like indra, using a good card as a base, not the same thing ok, but it can help a lot. If i can't survive fire stuff, i'll simply change my team going AMinerva instead of forcing RCeres into something else. But that's just me (and my box).
    Courage at least can be used effectively even in Artemis/Balboa, being G/B.
    Mmmm. I'll have to truly think about it a bit more. Thank you again for pointing it out.

14. Niteblooded

Freyja is a solid teammate for RCeres but to be honest I rarely need her. Gronia's active alone is typically strong enough to destroy anything. Any doubt though pop Freyja.

Fire floors are definitely the worst and where you'll find you either need to pop a stronger active than you want or her burst potential to be lacking if you don't.

15. samuelburtt

User ID:
    351 340 253
    Anyone tried awoken perseus as a leader? Heart cross + green + dark sounds like a lot of effort... And I don't have any ishida either...

He makes a much better kaede sub now and is pretty boss on Ruel too, but haven't seen a single person put him up as a leader.

Niteblooded likes this.
  16. nocutename

nocutename I still stink after 1100 days but I am still here.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi everyone. Just popping in to see how it goes. @samuelburtt I started an alt about 3 months ago as I was tired of discord. I awoken my Perseus but haven't tried him out yet. I think I should have kept him in Uevo. Oh well. Too many awoken and revo clumped together that it is hard to actually use and enjoy the monsters.

17. Niteblooded

I haven't seen Awoken Perseus either. In fact to be honest I didn't know he even went live yet.

I still question whether I want to Awaken him or not. Not a fan of him losing an SBR. He might be an ok very situational sub on a RCeres team as well but that would be the only use I can see on my teams.

18. MattmanTheComet

MattmanTheComet New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So. Last night I rolled my self a Cameo and thought that it's finally time to get my shit together and build myself an Astaroth team. So this is what I came up with:

[​IMG]
    For inherits I'll be throwing on something like Australis/Verdandi/Verdandi/Cauchemar/Cameo, or something like that
    Thoughts? Concerns? Other things?

P.S.: Also here's my box:
    [​IMG]

samuelburtt likes this.
  19. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You have only 80% SBR. I would remove cauchemar and put bastet instead if you are doing dungeons with skill binds. Then inherit him on the team.

20. samuelburtt

User ID:
    351 340 253
    Yeah his double SBR got him a spot on so many teams even TPA based ones. But with Vishnu getting the double SBR I was OK with losing it on perseus. The poison/jammer cleaning is cool but situational. Wish it had just been a haste like pandora/wukong got...

Niteblooded likes this.