[Team Building] Mono-Green Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Niteblooded, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah I'm still amazed on how incredibly easy Ragdra makes Arena 3. He still is one of the most reliable leader for it. Can wait to get SA to see how good he can be in Alt Arena. Not sure he will be good enough but I suspect he will be. And yeah I still am annoyed at how necessary fujin-like actives are to reliably get the arenas done for most teams. At least I am fortunate enough to have 3 such actives in 2 Fujin and Zinogre.

Right? I think before we were to focused on the other MP cards because of their leading capabilities. But good subs actually tend to have the most staying power and Ragdra/Odindra have definitely proven that.

Yes! Definitely refreshing to finally have a pure top mono green leader. Last one was probably Astaroth? Its been a long while. I guess Kami sorta counts too since she is mostly green and dark. But.... i still see green on top since the best utilities (Odindra, fujin) and leader (Diablos, though now Edward is giving him a run for his money) are all green. Ragdra is still one of the best subs in the game and he also green. Green still rules :)

:D

samuelburtt likes this.
  2. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Nice to see this thread active again, and with so many familiar names too! Like many people I took a break for a while. I take a pretty relaxed approach now and find I still enjoy the game after all this time.

I'm psyched for Green Sonia! By happy coincidence, I rolled my first in the most recent Godfest.

I wish I could be psyched for Awoken Vishnu, but he seems a bit betwixt and between. What's annoying me most is he gains dragon form, so if he just held onto that SBR he'd be great for Sonia! I do have a second Vishnu so I'll still make one of them Awoken.

Team building for Sonia might be a bit constrained for me. I will have OdinDra and I'll try to get RagDra from the challenges. (Honestly, I rarely finish challenges so I dunno... I'll have a much bigger incentive than usual though!) I do have Reincarnated Susano. Linthia looks really nice as an inherit base. I think I'll put Nees on her since Nees has such an outstanding active for Sonia.

Sonia - OdinDra - (RagDra if I can get him) - R.Susano - Linthia(Nees) - Sonia maybe?

3. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes! Nice to see familiar faces around again. Sometimes its necessary to take a break for sure. I had been playing a lot less recently but now I am more active.

Congrats! Yeah Gronia is going to be a monster. And the nice thing is that 2 of her best subs are practically free (do require investment to develop).

Yeah sadly we will have to wait for his ReEvo form to see if gungho gives him a chance. Unfortunately with all this focus on collabs and GFEs they have negleted a lot of pantheon cards that didn't even have awoken forms yet. Losing both SBR is really bad. Hopefully when he ReEvos they give him 1 back and trade some of those TPA for 1 or 2 7c awakens. 7c awakens really have nerfed TPAs pretty badly.

You have a great team. Odindra and Nees are great options and I have already seen teams having both to clear stuff like the new 3P Dragon Rush and Alt Arena. Susano is definitely not a bad option and Linthia also works as a backup option. I'd probably go Susano over her though. Either way you have a very decent team in the makings.

Id straight up bring Nees. Her HP is insane and she has a 7c so not bad damagewise. I can of course also help to finish the quests for Ragdra if you need help.

cjo and samuelburtt like this.
  4. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Sure, that's the fun part though :) I did most of the Feb challenges so OdinDra will be pretty easy. I'm looking forward to getting RagDra's mats since it lets me know what to use my stamina on, lol.

This is silly but I straight up forgot that Nees is a dragon even though she's a DRAGON CALLER! I'll definitely use her.

Thanks! :)

5. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

BTW, what evo do people favor for OdinDra? My plan was the attacker form, but since I only want to buy one I thought I'd do a quick check.

6. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm also back, sortof, a good deal more casual than before, admittedly not even logging in every day. Trying to actually start up a twitch/youtube channel with a friend as a Duo and editing videos has trashed my general free time. But i went ahead and blew 600k of my 700-something on an odindra and ragdra, dropped a bunch of those +s from the pal egg machine shynees into them, and am currently slowly working on the mats for their evos.

I'd like to know this too, i assumed the one that wasn't just a fat load of autoheals, but i've been out of the loop enough i can't be sure anymore.

I intend to roll with NewGronia when i can though.

What are all the applicable subs for her, i have a lot of crap, but can't remember everything i have offhand

7. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
    @RajaNagaSoz Yeah the one with 7c awakening (and various other more useful awoken skills). And ridiculous evo mats. :/

Once you limit break you get access to a super awaken skill too. This evo has better options, including 1.5x damage when over 80% hp. It's pretty nice.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    RajaNagaSoz and cjo like this.
  8. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah to follow what everyone else has said, the 7c version is the better one. You would only go with the other for cheese strats like leading with Kiri.

Best ones are Herself, Cotton, Ney, Ragdra and Odindra. You can also use stuff like Nees, Reevo Kushi (she gets a 7c awaken with Super Awakens (SA)), Susano (he gets an L unlock or a third TPA with SA), Sylvie (you would need to inherit something on her since no darks on her board), Ma Chao (also neet to inherit something on him since he break dark too), and A.Ishida (good active but he is not gonna do much damage, probably better as inherit on say, Sylvie). Those are the best ones I can think of.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  9. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    A. Ishida has an outstanding active, but yeah everything else is a little subpar. Still, I'm not sure I want to inherit him onto another dragon like Sylvie because ugh, that CD would be brutal.

I did just YOLO today and pulled... Dagda? Who looks quite underwhelming. Honestly most of the celtics do. Is there any real use for this guy? Seems like TPA has fallen out of the meta with 7c, even with quad/quint dongs.

cjo likes this.
  10. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'd say Dagda probably fits into 'isn't what you need' rather than 'outright sucks.' TPA isn't as shiny as 7c but isn't outright awful. That active is pretty sweet IMO; it's nice to get unlock and awoken bind on a card that also has a good orb change. I don't care for the leader skill much and offhand I can't think of a team I run that I'd want Dagda on. Looks like the kind of card I'd be happy to pull "just in case" or "for later" rather than one I'd do a fist-pump over for immediate use.

Some of the other Celtics look great though. Triple 7c? Triple machine killer? Sounds sweet to me!

(I still like TPA because it's easier matching than 7c... so that's part of my bias.)

11. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

Never did pull a Sylvie or ma chao, and i've been gone the whole time Cotton/Ney have been around. Also never got a Kushinada, to this day. I do have a nice revo Susano +297 already since Parvati long ago, and i have access to three Ishida, though getting his awoken mats are annoying in themselves since i don't have them. I do have a 2nd Gronia too, if that's good.

Also what is a Nees?

12. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Nees: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3941

She's pretty nifty. I kinda wanted to mess around with her as a lead, but I don't see her up much and I wasn't motivated to go the extra mile to search for friends. I've paired her with other cards once in a while but I don't even recall which, 'cause that's how lazy I am with PAD lately ;)

13. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Second Gronia is pretty ideal actually. So you can go Gronia/Gronia/Ragdra/Susano/Ishida/Gronia or Diablos for now and that will be plenty strong. Odindra would be an instant upgrade and I would probably put in for Ishida, then inherit ishida somewhere, probably Ragdra since Ishida's active is better for this particular team. No FUA but with this team damage control is easier so not completely necessary. I have seen builds with no FUA do really well.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  14. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She is a good leader too but I can't play cross too much. I usually play it a little then get tired of it and revert to combos.

15. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
    And just like that, kaede is back on top. And this time don't need 3 dupes for an amazing team either!

It's a good time to play green! :D

16. RageSedai

RageSedai Can never decide on a team...

PADherder:
    link
    @samuelburtt I just emailed @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa the same thing.

GH showing that wood biase right now. GSonia and Kaede are top tier again.

Kaede/Rushana or Verd/Romia/Romia/GNey for quick thoughts. Can toss Oichi or AIshida inherits all over the place. Romia will be a double 7c beast soon enough. The extra TE is to help scrubs like me clear a full board.

17. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm ecstatic about Kaede! And yes Green is so OP now. Kaede and Gronia are 2 of the best leaders in the game now and they have access to beasts like Odindra and Ragdra in addition to Cotton and Ney. My kaede team is probably gonna be along the lines of Kaede/Romia/Cotton/Fujin/Artemis. Covers 7c damage, VDP, FUA, Damage absorb, and TE to make sure I can actually make my combos lol. Toss in Odindra whenever awoken skill bind is needed, he will sub for Artemis if I want to try Alt Arena, and for Fujin in Arena 4. Can use Verdandi too in place of Cotton. Ragdra works nice in place of Romia. Vishnu can sub in for more Skyfall buff power. Team looks super flexible and super fun.

samuelburtt and RageSedai like this.
  18. RageSedai

RageSedai Can never decide on a team...

PADherder:
    link
    I never even thought of my new Artemis as an option for Kaede. No Cotton but I can get by with Sylvie or Verd. Also forgot Sylvie existed... My green box is just a mess.

19. Kami1337

Kami1337 Member

User ID:
    I will defenetly make a Team for Kaede once she hits NA. Most likely

Kaede [Fujin]/ Vishnu [Rathian equip]/ Awoken Vishnu [Rathian equip]/ OdinDra [Odin equip]/Rushana [Verd].

Equips boosts stats since Kaede only has her shield. So bigger is better here I guess

20. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Well-Known Member

Hi all. Looks like many came back and everyone with a good attitude. Boy do I feel like the odd duck out.

The new dungeons are so boring and more frustrating than fun. I appreciate they are trying but it feels like they are just trying to get people to spend stones more anything. I’m obviously addressing the new mechanics. Now every floor in newer dungeons have 20+M HP. For the people who farm the arenas it probably feels normal, but many times I just exit out from sheer boredom. Feels like an exercise of endurance and that’s coming from a pretty hardcore gamer who still spends many hours grinding. But the rewards are typically worth it and RNG isn’t as large of a % as it is in this game.

I keep taking breaks. I want to stop but yet I can’t. I wish I could figure it out. Either find the fun or cut the losses. This is the problem with thinking as you type. It doesn’t make sense.

I do like the new Gronia though, a lot! She finally got the power everyone wanted from her release. Late bloomer!