[Team Building] Mono-Green Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Niteblooded, Mar 27, 2013.

1. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Belated response: it's not so much that I'm back exactly as that I'm happy coming and going. I've definitely changed my play style and I don't feel the drive to progress I once did. I'm enjoying a more relaxed approach for the most part. I've skipped a lot of the new descends--I know at some point I'll be in the mood and then I'll have to play catch-up, which is ok...assuming I can even clear them!
    Yep, it's so nice that she got remembered!

2. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh, Gronia... I have her mats all ready and a team more or less ready as well. As long as nobody minds that I've found a reason to use GGY. He's got some utility and I don't have enough green dragons, haha.

She will instantly be my strongest team though!

3. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Same here. Miss a day? whoops, don't worry about it. new descended with redonk ass floors? meh, i'll farm +'s, it's okay, that magic stone will return.

Anyone else remember me complaining my friend didn't like to farm, and kept trying to drag me into end-game dungeons with subpar lead combos because the gacha never gave us compatible leads? .... well, same old same old. "hey, lets hop into no-skyfall with a meri team, never mind i don't have everything even lvMax, and a few things might not have assists or latents, but whatever lets try"

sorry, friendo, i'm allergic to pain, and that sounds like trying to fight Jackie Chan inside of a home depot.

4. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice to see you around again! Yeah unfortunately you are not wrong with the dungeon design lately. Im waiting for Arena 4 because its the only dungeon that is in good balance with current meta but its still hard and long so not the best for everyone. I am excited about gronia and also Kaede though! I have havent been playing as much as before but when they are her they will both see plenty of playing time

Niteblooded and RajaNagaSoz like this.
  5. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Indeed. AA is just pure cancer for crap reward honestly, really not worth it. A3 has become significantly easier for most people now and the rewards are much more interesting. AA is mostly for bragging rights and proving a lead is good because you cleared AA once in 50 tries. As of now, I could not imagine anyone wanting to farm this crap. Maybe if it dropped the Radar 3 (? Diara and Cie.) at a decent rate.

A4 at least drops snowglobes so... that's nice I think with limit breaking taking so much XP on top of Revos and higher XP curves (10m-16m and more).

6. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Anyone got an idea of what latents and assists should go on which subs for gronia's team? Not that i have them, but to have an idea of what i want on there.

I've currently got [ {Ishida}MegaRonia, ( :monster2:/:monster5:)Gronia, {Grodin}Odindra, Ragdra, {Ishida}A.Ishida ] for the team

With Revo Susano, both evos of Balboa, GGY, Rathian, and an increasingly useless pair of summer Gronias (back-to-back pulls, too bad she was never really useful... :misc2:) for possible sub use.

and a pile of green things for assists i won't list here for brevity.

7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think it's best if you put Rathian weapon on her and slap full SDR rather than Healer Killer. 3.375x against Healer is nice but not necessary since you will likely will use full board change and a spike to one shot LKali anyway.

Arranging and RajaNagaSoz like this.
  8. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    yeah, from continuing to refill my recovering FL with Fio leads, i've seen quite a few healer killers, and a few machine killers, one rainbow resist (people still do this...?), and some various stat boosters and SD sets on other people's Fio.

How detrimental would it be to put a Momiji in the team (for FUA) with Lugh on her? since her own skill isn't useful, but his is, and he'd generally be off-color assisting for much else? I'm not sure what other Dragon typed FUA holders i have.

and of course i just pulled Skuld #4 (actually #5, i sold one long ago, iirc) trying for cotton or ney out of the godfest, ...along with a handful of other old dupes (leilan, sakuya, amon, and facet) and just got my first gremory. yay, she's new for me i guess?

9. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Mostly you can get by without FUA. You can just chipping in the enemies' HP until you erase their resolve. Her damage control is very good.

Even for dangerous enemies like Sopdet you can just make one green and dark match and it'll goes under the absorb. You can survive Sha Wujing with her shield. But if you're insist on having FUA, Momiji is okay. Even Rushana or Kamimusubi is okay too but won't get 2.25x stat boost. Nergigante or G. Cotton is the perfect FUA for Fio.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  10. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, if only i had a nergigante or a cotton. ...or even a rushana (haven't managed to do the dungeon yet) or kamimusubi.
    ...lol, being gone for like a year and a half kinda set me back on the progress train relative to newer stuff.

I did drop like 70 stones on that MH collab that was going right after i came back, and i got nothing i wanted. at least the Paolumu and Rathian are good assists for stuff, but outside of those all i got was crappy jammer junk.

11. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Revo Perseus will be a good option once NA gets it . Can get FUA from super awakening, makes green, and even does poison/jammer to dark for Gronia.

Otherwise if you want a dragon one it's pretty much just cotton, Nerugigante, or Sylvie.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  12. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  13. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one. Felt bad about being negative, but not going to lie about it either.

For once I googled up a PAD acronym (FUA) and actually found it in the search results! Granted it was someone asking the question on this forum but I will take it! It also explained the whole point of that awakening because until now I thought it was the most useless awakening I heard of and was annoyed that is what Parvati rolled for the extra awakening. I kept thinking I just spent 297 eggs so I can waste 9 heart orbs to do 1dmg, YAY! :inpain: Speaking of Parvati, I don't care if it makes zero sense... make one of her subtypes Dragon. I so want to put her on my Gronia team to make hearts for the team. (no Ney)

Since I never had a team to get the evoMat sucker dragons (OdinDra and RagDra) my Gronia team looks like this...
    • Past Life Sonia ...maybe I'll evolve later, maybe I'll leave the same
    • Mega Sonia (Australis)
    • Balboa (Odin)
    • Susano (Awoken MeiMei)
    Love the 82k HP + shield. If I need the shield abilities later in the dungeon though I will need to cast early as they get their inherits super fast. Those shields + Sonia's shield is pretty darn nice though. Team has zero synergy but Mega Sonia is so strong as a leader I'm not sure it matters much.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    cjo and samuelburtt like this.
  14. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

I'm loving Green Sonia's new look! She's a dream to play. Her built-in time extend is nice, especially since I have to think about team cost in the first time in forever now that I'm putting OdinDra on the team. I put 2 SDR and 2 healer killers on her in pure blind imitation-I have various killers cluttering up my monster box and I just haven't been motivated to really figure out where it's best to use them. OdinDra got physical killers and SDR. I was hoping to get physical killer as his super awakening, but ended up with tpa and don't want to reroll.

I rolled the heroine machine a bit as I had a decent amount of stones saved up and I like that machine despite the 10-stone cost. I thought maybe I could pull Runelis, who looks rather nice. Nope, but I did get Barbara! Now I have a poor man's dragon burst! I have to follow her active with a Sonia board, but hey.

Niteblooded likes this.
  15. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think i figured out why Blonia is more popular on my old FL friends over Gronia.

...[she's not wearing any underwear.]. :misc19::monster5:

What a sneaky way to try and lure people!:monster11:

I want to use stones on the heroine machine, except i don't want anymore Momiji or Meridionalis. 4 of each from before i went on haitus. And all i wanted form the beginning out of it was Barbara and Romia.

Also do agree, this is the first team to ever make me hit the cost cap with the fatfinger team-awakening, had to drop down to the normal one.

sgt502 likes this.
  16. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    LOL

For me, I like Clea better pure from the art and animation. Fio's art and animation is kinda awkward.

Arranging and RajaNagaSoz like this.
  17. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    More Fio design thoughts and questions. I just pulled Tardis and 3x Shazel, both of which are dragons. I will also have about 450k MP after this event, and don't have a RagDra yet...

I hear RagDra is a monthly quest reward, but I doubt my Gronia will be able to beat C9 or 10 (I've been stuck on C8 this month). A coop MIGHT be able to help, or might not. Is it worth buying a RagDra now, or should I save my MP?

Any recommendations to beef up my current Gronia team? I have a Grodin assist ready too because WOO STATZ

Gronia
    A. Ishida
    A. Akechi (love creating darks/emergency heal)
    GGY
    Sylvie (assist Sasuke weapon cuz her active sucks)

Would it be best to swap out Sylvie, GGY or Akechi for Tardis, Shazel, or Ragdra? Who gets the Odin assist for stat boost, or should any of these be inherited? Should I super-awaken Tardis and try to get the void damage awakening, or should I inherit one of my Lughs onto the team?

Too many decisions!

18. Arranging

Arranging Searching for the finest silk and Cotton!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Need some convincing on if I should convert my Cotton to Green or not :p
    Recently finished most if my Gronia team, but I'm not completely sure if I should commit all my resources i her (namely Cotton). I was thinking of building a team with Gronia/RagDra/RagDra/OdinDra/Cotton with Fujin inherited somewhere. Would this team be viable or are there better Gronia team variations?
    Really hoping for her to be able to consistently clear Alt Arena, the (current) final wall :T

... otherwise Cotton is going to go blue and finish Rikuu team :<

19. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm perso going to make a green cotton.
    Green Cotton is currently the best FUA option for Green Sonia; that makes it worth it.

Also: Green Cotton can still fit nicely in Rikuu :)
    One big advantage Green has over blue is the balance typing which allows you to put any killers on her and change them as needed.

20. Arranging

Arranging Searching for the finest silk and Cotton!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah! Green Cotton is wonderful!! I really want to put her on everything, but my Rikuu team is already green dominant xD
    Would the Green Sonia team I made be viable for Arena? I don't really know any optimal subs. I have some things like Mitsunari in mind as an inherit