[Team Building] Mono-Green Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Niteblooded, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I currently do not have any Fujin, or Cotton. I do have over the 1M MP to purchase cotton, but haven't made the plunge just yet.

My current team is:
    Fio
    Liu Bei
    Past Life Gonia
    Sylvie

And in my flex spot: Tardis, Bacces, Perseus (can't wait until the new evo!), Balboa (I have 6), Rathian, Shazel, WeeJas, Green Dragon Swordsman

So far, no inherits on anything.

As I am currently immobile due to torn ligaments in my ankle, I have nothing but time to farm and build up a team.

2. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm currently running A3 w/:

Fio[Oichi] / Fio[Pirate Coat] / OdinDra[Amaterasu] / Green Ney[Awoken Oichi] / Momiji [ bacches]

Granted, I just got GNey from DBDC collab :) Previously i had: Ma Chao
    Team works great :)

I'm gonna adjust it a bit and do:

Fio[fujin] / Fio[Oichi] / OdinDra[???] / Green Ney[Awoken Oichi] / Green Cotton[ bacches]

Arranging and Niteblooded like this.
  3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You don't need that many board changer in AA. Shield and delay are more useful. Make your team 100% poison resist. Depends on your team HP, you may or may not needed a shield active for F13 and F18 (Goemon and DQ Hera preemptives) but most Fio team has around 80k HP solo, so could tank them with built in shield.

Fio (Rathian weapon, SDR)/RagDra (delay assist, God Killer SA & latents)/RagDra (Enhance, Dragon Killer SA, SDR)/OdinDra (shield, physical killer SA & latents to kill Ogres)/Cotton (Dragon Killer latents, Fujin)

Same template as Rikuu when you build your Cotton Blue, but have one board changer ready for emergency.

Niteblooded and Arranging like this.
  4. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am quite a bit too far away from 1m MP to buy cotton (I kindof blew my load on Odindra and ragdra while back when i came back from haitus just after gronia's new form first appeared and we all got hype)

Is the DBDC machine worth ten stones for me to try? out of my free pull, and the free (you ran the things!) pull i got shazel and pralinae. i currently have 23 stones and i've generally using them on godfests with available ney/cotton and not an 80% dupe rate, lol. (that hasn't stopped it from giving me 99% dupe rates...)

5. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I but the bullet and bought Cotton. I have all the pieces to evolve her, just need to evolve them.

6. Arranging

Arranging Searching for the finest silk and Cotton!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for the build :3 I think I'm going to have to replace Cotton for Sylvie (Don't have many better options for FUA). Would that be an okay switch? I'm wondering if/hoping that the RagDras will carry a majority of the damage.
    I'll also have to pray I get Rathian next time MH comes around... For now I'll have to use Sasuke assist I think.

Thank you so much for your input! :)

Edit: If I used PDC correctly, my HP should be around 90k solo so it should work smoothly

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just FYI that Sylvie's skill will be wasted on Fio team so better if you put an assist that you will use later on such an enhance and put full SDR on her. The obvious reason that Fio is more popular than Clea is because of RagDra and OdinDra but mainly RagDra. 30x against Gods or 10x and 9x vs Dragons is just too good for a farmable with good skill to boot.

Just an example, to kill Gaia in AA (40M DEF, 700k HP) RagDra with all God Killer would only need to reach 1.4M (2.8 when Gaia is Red) and he will kill her all by himself, and when DKali shows up, 9M damage from RagDra (not too difficult with an enhance) will completely eliminates her (91.125x vs God/Dragon).

For many floor without God or Dragon type enemies, you can grind them. Just be careful when you meet the three devils with their color absorb shield. If you got Green or Dark with long turn absorbs you might have to use your delay early and stall somewhere for it to come up again.

The weakness of this team is when you have Hashihime. She is a Balance Type and has 5M DEF with 200M HP so it might be difficult to crack her defense without Fio's board or an enhance. You can opt to put another enhance on OdinDra (Carat would be best but Bacches could work too though you'd need Carat for the last two bosses, Metatron and Kali) if it comes down to it.

As long as your team have full poison Resist, it doesn't matter. Poison resist to ease your run on Ibaraki-Doji, Sevenzard, Nobunaga Dragon and many enemies that can spawn poison/mortal poison orbs.

Arranging likes this.
  8. Arranging

Arranging Searching for the finest silk and Cotton!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I'm thinking my team will end up looking somewhat like
    Fio (Sasuke, Healer Killer, SDR)/RagDra (Orochi, God Killer SA and latents)/RagDra (Carat, Dragon Killer SA, SDR)/OdinDra (Indra, physical killer SA and latents)/Sylvie (Carat, SDR)

Edit: Should I out a Fujin over Sylvie instead of Carat? Or is Fujin not as necessary as an enhance for Alt Arena?

9. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you don't have Fujin, one spawn that can end your run is Sopdet because of RagDra. You can replace Indra on OdinDra with Fujin. Even without shield active you will survive Goemon and DQ Hera preemptive thanks to Fio's beefy HP and built in shield but you will have to one shot Metatron (quite easy with Carat and RagDra on the team). Even if you can't one shot Kali, with enhance you will likely push her past her rage hit (65% HP) so just stall her 75% shield and kill her in the next turn.

When you meet Starling and don't want to stall 99 turns, just use Fujin then stall for it come up again on the Mystic Masks floor. Just don't mass attack and target the green mask as it has 15M DEF and less than 200 HP so you won't kill one accidentally. The other will boosts 10x attack if you kill one.

Arranging likes this.
  10. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Which ult evolution is best for Odin Dra?

I'm planning on getting him now, and during the May Quest get RagDra.

11. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There s only one which matters:

Ele likes this.
  12. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I FORGOT ABOUT CHECKING THE QUEST TAB FOR OLD STUFF. oh hi extra diamond dragon fruit, and 1 +297 monster from a third one. (and several things are at like +295/+296)

That quest button is so forgettable.

13. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Starting a new account this late in the game means it's super not forgettable. The quest tab just showers you with goodies!

cjo, Arranging, kandjar and 1 other person like this.
  14. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Well-Known Member

Thanks to Fio I had the mental endurance to try that annoying Herme dungeon again and beat it. It's still not fun so I will probably just beat the easy version next time it comes around for the stone and leave it alone after that. Still surprised it's rated as only Mythical + but then again I haven't beat a red background dungeon so I probably just don't know the difference between the two dungeon difficulties.

Thoughts on buying Cotton? I have just over 1M MP so it would drain me if I did. I like the prospect of having a heart gen on my Fio team. I don't have a RagDra or OdinDra but I also don't think I could farm their evo mats so they would also require a LOT more work if I spent my MP on them. Or I could just save the MP.

Also what do people think of the L attacks? Better to just go for 8 combos (w/o a skill used) versus the L attack or do you guys use L attacks like TPA attacks back in the day?

I am enjoying the built in time extend a lot more than I was expecting. I now have a very calm confidence going for 8+ combos. I'm also confident going for the "perfect" 10 parfait combo with 2 colors. My goal is to work up to a 3 color parfait combo. The two color one is simple but I don't expect to be as confident on 3 colors, but if I can at least feel confident enough in trying it when I need it I will be good.

Overall it's actually made me a better player despite the time extend holding my hand. I'm more confident on other leads and do better on them. Since I wasn't a good combo player before this is a welcome improvement.

cjo, RajaNagaSoz and Arranging like this.
  15. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    In my experience so far, with Fio, the L is key, i'd rather snag an L and 7 combo than get no L's and manage to luck into skyfall of 12-13 combo. it's real wonky trying to fit two Ls in but that doesn't seem anywhere near as important as the first.

And yes, her time increase is amazing and i often end up matching a whole buttload, and having time leftover to readjust a combo or two, or just sit there and look over my work and think "wait...i'm...done? surely this can't be--*time runs out and things start counting up*"

I have around the same movetime as my anubis team, except anubis has both Revo Yomi and Yuna on it for a ridiculous mutation of extra fingers.

Niteblooded, cjo and Arranging like this.
  16. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

I'm too late to vote. Did you get her? I did get Cotton myself--what sold me is you can make her any color. I figured it was hard to go wrong with such a flexible card. Plus I love this team so much I wanted to kit it out with all the goodies. That said, I'm sure more good dragon cards will come along, and more cards will get FUA and 7C over time.

TBH I'm waiting for some mathy person to make a master post with all the ins and outs... usually someone does eventually :) Heck, it's probably out there on the web already and I just haven't stumbled on it yet.

Also, I need to work on my L-match skills. Usually if I do a Sonia board change, I just do 3-matches because it's familiar and I don't have a good sense of how to put an L-match in there. I also had some TPA on my team, which made the choice of L-shape +3-match vs 2xTPA hard to choose from when working from natural boards.

Sweet!

17. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fortunately her time extend give leeway to run her through some farmy daily dungeons or whatnot to do slower practice. I've been evolving baby tamadras for a week and a half now, and bombing the last floor with a sonia board has been a thing i keep trying to work out well, i can usually snag an easy 3-5 comboes, but getting a regular 6 or higher is pretty difficult without some kind of exact science. I've taken to trying to do something like this...

:dark::dark::dark::earth::earth::earth:
    :dark::earth::earth::dark::dark::earth:
    :earth::dark::dark::dark::dark::earth:
    :earth::dark::dark::earth::earth::dark:
    :earth::earth::earth::dark::dark::dark:

Or something similar. It's some goddamn magic when you do this and the skyfall runs it up to 14 combo.

Niteblooded and cjo like this.
  18. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So, the May quests have arrived and we have a chance at a free Ragnarok. I haven't been able to finish all the quests for previous months, generally getting stuck on C8 or C9 and not trying to annihilation ones up top. I've only done them solo.

I think Gronia is the only team I have that would be reasonably capable of tackling any of them, and my team isn't ideal--just a few inherits, about 82k hp right now. Would a strong multiplayer partner be able to get the last few C's done with me, or Demonius? What kind of equips/skills would be necessary? I don't want to evaporate other players' stamina because I'm dead weight, but I really want to try for Ragdra this month!

19. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fio should be good enough to handle C9 & C10 and Demonius, even solo. For C8 (No awakening), there's a Zeus Verse (kinda) cheese team that works best solo as it will doubles your skill charge time when you're co-op. I posted the video here

Arranging likes this.
  20. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just tried C8 and flopped due to my finger slipping off the screen on floor 3, but it seemed like Fio would handle it just fine as well. I’ll gice C9 and C10 a shot solo before seeing if I need help.

My Fio team is far from ideal since I’m missing all the best subs—no Cotton, Ney, Ragdra, Odindra. I have 550k np so I can buy Odindra but haven’t yet. I’m not sure if my team can take Demonius, C9 or C10.

Fio(Grodin)/A.Ishida/GGY/Sylvie(Sasuke)/Tardis is good but not amazing without those key subs and inherits!