[Team Building] Mono-Green Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Niteblooded, Mar 27, 2013.

1. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You can also use D/G dragon cards such as Nees, Awoken Mitsuhide, Nergigante, Awoken Okuninushi and Male Hunter Nergigante Alpha Gear.

cjo and RajaNagaSoz like this.
  2. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

I read Mitsuhide as Mitsunari, and thought you meant Ishida, and got mildly confused for a bit.

3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Akechi Mitsuhide. Maybe it's just me but I tend to call them by their own name and not their family name.

4. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I do have Akechi, whom I'll plug in occasionally. Sometimes you need those dark orbs in a pinch. I don't have any of the other cards mentioned, but to be honest none of them seem much better than the Sylvie/GGY mess I'm currently plugging in... the key really is nabbing Cotton, Ragdra, and/or Odindra I think.

5. Gig

Gig E rank luck

PADherder:
    link
    Just did C8 solo with Fio, the +4 sec from the leader skills is the hardest counter of "no awaken skill" dungeons since I was always a shitter that needed all of them fingers.
    Have tried c9 and 10 once, botched both time on "easy" floors.
    C10 would be all about "can you stall for that fujin active for vishnuu", might get tricky with the no rcv though, I'm considering bringing a toy dragon sub just so I can have access to 2 quick heartmaking actives with Cotton.

I wish Cronus had a dragon sub attribute lmao.

6. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not a great sign, but I had to stone on C8 because I'm just not that great and messed up floor 3 a few times, eventually got frustrated at wasting 80 energy and just stoned to kill the damn Lit. Fio's added time is great for No Awakenings, but her damage is awful.

Tried C9 and, like @Gig I died on easy floors. I'm also not sure how a mostly-green team will do trying to kill a 100m HP Fire Zeus, if I make it that far... that's a ton of damage for a Ragdra-less green team. I'll give it another go later.

C10 is going to be brutal. I will not hesitate to stone if I think I can beat it since I want that Ragdra, but I have no idea how to handle Vishnu on floor 5. Gronia can RCU with the best of em, but that's a lot of heartmakers necessary to stall that long...

7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Vishnu makes heart skyfall (though he removes heart occasionally) to help you stalling for Fujin. If you can erase her jammer skyfall (with fenrir for example), your board will less awful. Having a delay helps too.

cjo likes this.
  8. Gig

Gig E rank luck

PADherder:
    link
    Floor 3 on C8 is annoying but you can manage it naturally.
    Let's just say you are actually playing on a 5x4 board for a turn or two with the bomb, I feel things get much easier once you see it like that. 24 pings on the lit is doable as he gives you one free turn when he ends up alone. The tamada can get blown up with a good leader activation.

Cleared c9 earlier. It's really doable.
    See here

It was actually much easier than I anticipated it to be, mostly because of how tanky the team is. I also happen to run a rcv heavy team so I have no issue healing back. I even wasted the bacches active I had saved for otherwise that Zeus would have been blown to smithereens.
    And as the screens shows I really messed up and pushed him past the 20% threshold, but still managed to finish him off in one turn despite the 75% shield.

Floor 2 and 4, being water spawns, are the dangerous one with the resolves. A 7-hits leader activation is sure to push them past their resolve, and we're on a 7x6.
    You can go ham on Herme.
    Zeus is quite a nice old man, he's not a threat dammage wise. You can just slowly chip at him.
    The combo shield is not an issue on a 7x6. And it's not a dammage absorption so you can actually overshoot hard.

You may want to NOT have an inherit on both Fio as the orb lock can get very annoying. Or bring something that overwrites the orb spawn debuffs.

I'll look at c10 later, I kinda want to get a second Revo Kushi going to inherit on my current one. Also maybe get a few pi to max skill Lugh and maybe make a toytops as I said above.
    I may end up stoning too if things get too ugly, one or two stones for a ragdra is definitely worth the trade.

9. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    PADX wasn't clear on the mechanics for the lit--I couldn't tell that his buff/free turn was when he was alone... I'd smash the fire/tama with a LS but wouldn't mass attack everyone, leaving me a few pings short of killing the lit *every time* and couldn't survive his buffed hit. More patience could have saved me a stone.

Ah--reading your post in the other thread now... very good to know that I should NOT inherit Lugh on anybody for this challenge, haha. I often get confused between void/absorb skills. I don't have Fujin, so inheriting Lugh is nice but you don't get the stat bonus on a Gronia team.

Watching some of these other Gronia clears tells me just how far I have to go still--my Gronia team REALLY needs a Cotton, or a Ney, or one of the dragons... it's really gimpy right now. Gonna go try C9 again.

cjo likes this.
  10. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You were right on C9... Gronia demolished him. A little care on the resolve floors, but Zeus was a pushover. I swear I pushed him into rage hit mode, and I also swear I did more than 10mil per on a few hits, but he didn't void/ragekill me... not sure what happened there, but I successfully chipped him down in 15-20 turns. No big deal. Thanks for the tips! I actually found C8 harder than C9.

C10 and Demonius may be tougher.

cjo likes this.
  11. Gig

Gig E rank luck

PADherder:
    link
    C10 done !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A truly shameless 2-stones clear on my part. But I got impatient and really annoyed. When Artmeis prempt killed me I just ragestoned it. And then at vishnuu with goddamned Lugh active on, the 50 seconds playtime from leader skills and fingers.... I manage to botch the solve.... oh really. 2nd ragestone.
    It was my first hephdra but with the inherits charged I had Susano and one Gronia up for the fight, which was more than enough to just make a Jojo reference out of him.

Notes :

- That ragestone on Artemis made me bypass the awaken skills lock lmao. Worth it I guess.
    - I'm dumb and that "2nd heartmaker" is totally uneeded as Vishnuu gives you heart skyfall for 99 turns.
    I hate being so dumb and unknowledgeable about this game. So that Xiao on the screens are totally uneeded.
    - But that implies poison resist (see below) and blowing quickly through the first floors to avoid unecessary dammage.
    - So it comes naturally that stalling on vishnuu is easy, and activating full ls + 7hit combo ensure no sad accident.
    - It may be possible to kill vishnu without fujin active but you gotta have one hell of a set of balls of steel. (that's something like getting a 3-hits combos ls activation 4 times in a row... heh disgusting)
    - Poison resist is a godsend, the friend Fio had that poison resist inherit equipment, perfect poison res + skill delay for hephdra.
    Poison resist allows you to not get proc with the resolve board change on floor 2.
    - Haddar is useless just roll him over.
    - I don't mind the use of 2 stones for a ragdra, but it's definitely possible to get a 0-stone clear. This was solely me being a dumb noob this time.

Godspeed to you all. If I can do it, everybody can.

cjo, RajaNagaSoz and AktionMan like this.
  12. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    specifically which actives will work in this c10 situation?

I know there's a difference, but it's all pretty much a mess of specifics between them.

I don't have a Fujin, but i have a Lugh and pulled a second Cronus, so i get to actually use one and have an inherit. Is a resolve important enough in this situation to sacrifice a party slot for say, Momiji? (who is a dragon with resolve-slap that could take the Lugh assist and get stats from it...)

13. Gig

Gig E rank luck

PADherder:
    link
    I know I may seems arrogant for saying that when I ragestoned her floor but from previous tries i can say that Artemis is the real challenge in this c10. If you are sure about your dammage output under awakenings lock, blow her up in one fell swoop and let Vishnuu help you next floor.

- I got a good orb spawn floor 1 and didn't need active to blow him up.
    - Then on floor 2, since it has only 4m hp actives were not needed and I got lucky with the poison resist.
    - I tanked one judgement from the tamadra and that's what led to my "death" on Artemis next floor.
    Poping a cotton would have been wise. Btw I have revo Parv iherited on Cotton (she's pure heartmaker for me).
    - Vishnuu gives you all the heart necessary, it's actually pretty easy to stall on him since the safest way to stall on him is to go ham ---> clearing the whole board ---->making more hearts spawns. Once the fujin/lugh active is up, destroy him. You might need to get a board changer/orb pawner to ensure the kill.
    - Haddar is a joke
    - Hopefully you had some pretty long inherit on some of the cards, as I said I have a bacches on Susano and that poison resist equip on the friend Fio, they ate the 15 turns delai allowing me to have access to a shield and a board change for the fight. I used the shield after 3 attacks in order to be able to eat the fourth one. (That was the time I needed to kill him. Also popped Fio for the killing blow)
    - I have Lugh on Runeris ad I remember using runeris' own active early on to spawn wood orbs to kill something but I can't remember which floor exactly.

So yeah what you need to keep in mind : Full poison resist will make your life 200% easier in this dungeon. Beware of Artemis pre-empt (the oldest trick in the book and I still fell for it), and then handling her awakening lock (it messes your dammage apreciation, even without 7c you can easily put her in the rage zone). Vishnuu is actually a godsend in this dungeon, but only if you have a fujin/lugh active somewhere otherwise he is your gameover screen. The shield on Hephdra bought me more time to kill him, If you are a puzzling god with skyffall luck or if your run a gun blazing high dammage team it might not even be needed.

AktionMan and cjo like this.
  14. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

C1-10 are down! I did spend some stones.

C8: coop with Spouse. We died on floor 1 on the first try, but got through it on the second. This dungeon was a sharp lesson in how much Fio relies on awakenings for damage, and it didn't help that we both kept reflexively making 2-prongs and wasting attack orbs.

C9: solo and coop clears, 0-stone clear but 1 stone spent for stamina refresh when playing solo. For solo I failed multiple runs and finally gave up in disgust. Then later in the day I breezed right through it. I'm sure I was on tilt, but I also think C9 is pretty trolly. I used Cotton, and although I never kicked her from the team, she was less useful than usual. Poison skyfall made it hard to save up hearts, and locked orbs falling interfered with her orb change. I definitely agree that Zeus is the nicest enemy in the whole dungeon. He doesn't even hit hard once you get him sub 50%. I did still die once to Zeus by going to the kill too early since he's so tanky.

Coop went very smoothly. I had Fenrir right away and we had more actives to rely on.

C10: solo clear, but will coop with Spouse later. One stone for refresh, one stone for continue. My team:
    Fio (no inherit) - Cotton (diligent spy Ishida Mitsunari, unskilled) - Barbara (Distel) - Awoken Okuninushi (no inherit) - Fio (umm that green thingy with 3x poison resists)

My team gave me 80% poison resist, which helped a lot. I didn't have a handy way to get to 100%. I meant to put Fenrir on Okuninushi, hoping I could overwrite Vishnu's jammer skyfall and leave the heart skyfall in place. I think that works but I'm not 100% sure as I haven't played Fenrir in too long. Unfortunately I forgot to set up the inherit.

I failed various runs in various ways--I'd say this dungeon is a challenge all the way up. I had to use Okuninushi on the tama floor every time. Despite that I eventually spent a stone to pass Artemis's pre-empt as I never managed to heal up enough and shield for her. I didn't have a Fujin style active on Vishnu, but it is possible to stall on him due to the heart skyfall basically making it a regular RCV dungeon (albeit one with jammers.) His absorb leaves room for activation--as long as I made only 5 combos I could activate and wear him down. I used my friend's inherited delay but skyfall healed him back up. I fought him for a while, wearing him down and healing up up, until Okuni was back. With Okuni's delay and oddly with the use of a Sonia active, I was able to kill him. (I had to use Okuni because I hit the point where I had to pop a delay for survival. I didn't have the orbs to activate and I didn't want to mess around with needing to stall another 11 turns, so I used Fio and then mis-matched most of the orbs. It set me up for an easy follow-up turn, and in fact after that I still had orbs saved for Hadar.)

Finally I hit the boss. Skill delay left me with Barbara and Cotton, who teamed up beautifully to give me a green+dark board and 2x burst. My orb distribution wasn't great, but that first board take a big bite out of him and let me finish him with natural orbs.

So happy! I think with enough persistence I could have done this with no stones spent, but I did it the way that was fun for me. The road to RagDra is clear!

Gig and AktionMan like this.
  15. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I also did C10 with Fio, but 2 stoned it. The tama floor was easy since you can tank the tama hit with shield and kill him on the next. (Very late edit: You can tank the Tama hit ONLY if you heal--in my case I popped Akechi to kill the tama/heal, otherwise you're smushed by the Artemis preempt the next floor).

Fio(grodin)/A Ishida/Akechi/Shazel/Violent 6(Lugh).

Shazel wipes this dungeon. Lots of devil. Violent No 6 ensures you annihilate Vishnu after popping the Lugh active, also annihilates Heph dragon since he’s a god.

I stoned on Vishnu, since disclaimer: I do not understand his mechanics. I’d get heart skyfall and them he’d change then away, every single turn except 1. Not sure what I was doing wrong. Used akechi and ishida for healing, healed once when he didn’t change away hearts, but still got whittled down enough that I died waiting for Lugh to come up. Then used another stone when Heph Dragon delayed all my actives and I had no inherits up to cancel one out. No 6 killed him in 2 turns even without an active.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa, cjo and Gig like this.
  16. Gig

Gig E rank luck

PADherder:
    link
    Vishnuu has a set of 4 attacks that all have 25% of happening when not past a threshold/in the rage zone.
    one of them is a heartmaking attack, the other a heartbreaker. While they both have 25% of happening you'll often find that very strangely :winkwinkwinkwink: he likes to spam the heartbreaking attack.
    So even though you can make a bajillion hearts fall, you could still die slowly a sad death thanks to rng, just like my earlier A3
    run where I died sadly on Hephdra because Hera-ur skyffall (de)buff prevented me from having an activable board 4 turns in a row. No I'm not mad about that especially not after seing that god killer latent dropping.

Arranging, AktionMan and cjo like this.
  17. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Cool team composition! Congrats on finding something outside the box and making it work.

AktionMan likes this.
  18. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks! Unorthodox, but it did the trick. Shazel’s active is useless since it changes dark, but she was only there for the devil killer. Fio’s damage is questionable sometimes, but add in the appropriate triple killers and the team feels unstoppable. Almost every floor was devil or god. Excited I’ll be able to add Ragdra into the mix now!

@Gig Thanks for the Vishnu info... makes sense that I’d get totally trolled. I think I stalled for 7 or 8 turns to get Lugh up, so it’s nuts that he changed hearts all but once. Made me wonder how everyone was talking about stalling being so easy! It cost me 2 stones since I blew both Akechi and Ishida’s actives for healing instead of having their inherits up for Heph, so I had to use the Vishnu stone AND one on Heph.

Oh well—totally worth it, since I’ve ended up spending 3 or 4 stones (I think?) for Ragdra. Less than 1 REM pull!

Edit: Shazel wasn’t totally useless. 7 turn cooldown for 1 turn haste can be a lifesaver when it comes to healing actives!

19. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Holy shit, i pulled a Cotton out of the godfest! :monster2:

It only took 35 stones. then i pulled again and got a phoenix rider (#2)

whatever, i got a cotton, woo. now i need to figure out what to replace...

I've been running Fio[ishida], Fio[ronove], Ragdrag[cronus], Odindra[odin equip], A.Ishida[ishida]

And switching the Fio[ronove] with a Momiji[Lugh] when needed.

I'm guessing A.Ishida is the one i'd change?

20. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Definitively A.Ishida for Cotton :) -- You should inherit him on top of Cotton active.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.