[Team Building] Mono-Green Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Niteblooded, Mar 27, 2013.

1. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

I hear ya on the 8-combo flubs, lol! Honestly, I've become so hooked on Fio that it's hard to play anyone else. But I do want to try Ma Chao because he reminds me a bit of an upgraded Meimei.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  2. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I’m using Ma Chao as a SI on my Yusuke. Orb unlock and full board change with colors that he uses was too good to pass up.

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  3. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ma Chao on Yusuke when you're using Yusuke as lead?

4. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just trying it out. I don't have a Rathian EQ card on my Main, otherwise I would put it on him. When I first got him I had Nene as a SI, then I tried out PA Ishtar. Still not happy with anything I have put on him so far.

Ma Chao is a cool card. I like that he (and his brothers) do a tri-color board + orb unlock. Just wish he hadn't lost his 7C.

5. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I prefer Nene over Ma Chao on Yusuke.
    Both are 3 color board changer, but:
    - Nene gives +2 combo which is great when u wanna do 3x3 attack.
    - Heart >> Green! (if it was Red, you could argue pairing with Jhoira - Green is quite Meh)
    Overall: Awoken Ma Chao as SI on Yusuke is a downgrade compare to his own active.

6. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I agree with you... I just hate losing the orb unlock as a *lot* of dungeons these days have orb lock or spinning orbs in them. Ugh.

7. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    I mean, maybe this is getting off topic and not appreciating Green so much. Either way, I run Nene on Viz and keep Yusukes active.

Vaedriel likes this.
  8. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Back on the topic of Green appreciation... I love my Gronia and Zela! I hadn't played a wood lead since Perseus and ALB were meta. Both Gronia and Zela have different yet fun play styles and I am glad to dust off the plethora of wood cards I have at my disposal.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  9. Orange Crush

User ID:
    I’ve been using Fio as my alt main, its more reliable for dungeons without annoying mechanics than my Yusuke team. But Yusuke has a all the fancy subs to crush mechanics one could ask for (except move-time debuffs).

I run Nees (over 14.2k on card HP, and climbing ), Cotton, Ney, Grodin. But what do I do about VDP, Att Absorb and DMG Absorbs? Hope DB & DC REM comes back around and pray for Tardis?

10. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Pixel Brachys is better than Tardis because you can put any killers on it.

11. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Gronia's big challenge is the limitation to Dragon type. You'll have to SI absorb skills. As for VDP I don't think there are any dragons other than Brachys.

12. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    tardis. But Gronia's damage is low enough to damage control.

13. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My Tardis doesn't have VDP. I'm guessing its his SA? I co-op 99% of the time, so I haven't done a lot of SAs.

samuelburtt likes this.
  14. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Well-Known Member

To be honest, I didn't think I'd post back here between the latest unfun mechanics this game has taken a shine to and (more importantly) multiple times I have lost my rightfully earned achievement rewards because this game is too cheap to either let us store them in the achievement section or in the mail section. Some of us have played this game long enough to remember when mail didn't expire. Now I have mail with various expire timers so because of these losses I constantly have to scroll up and down through my entire mail section to keep track of these various timers. :banghead:

Rants aside last time I posted I hadn't made any progress with Annihilation dungeons (99sta ones) and also hadn't tried a single arena. For some reason they put Arena 1 (?) in the special dungeon section. Felt like I was cheating with Fio though I guess in fairness since PAD Guide is no longer supported I went in blind as it was my first time. I don't feel bad though as much as this game cheeses the player.

Far as Annihilation dungeons go:
    • Rushana
    • Gilles Legato
    • Demonius
    • Eir
    • one of those multi-collab ones
    I feel like I should put Herme-Do here since that dungeon was just as annoying and unfun despite being dragon boosted.

Been abusing the hell out of this combo. Thanks for posting it here!

When we get the Gin Tama collab we get a great card for Fio teams. Which means I won't get it! :punch::p

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  15. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    this is off topic, but you can sort your mail by "Time Left".

no more scrolling.

16. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Glad it's been helpful! i've never been one to actually constantly make and experiment with combo setups, it just happened to be one i did once only trying to break stuff up from being a shitty 3-combo and it surprised me with how many combos i got as it all fell into place.

In other news...

I've been having a lot of fun with Zela, though kindof wish i had awoken a second Vishnu, but hey i got a fourth one so i guess i'll awoken that one.

Again and again I am..

[​IMG]

At how many green jewels i need for these. It feels like evolving golems still, i mean, A.Vishnu needs Ult DragonZombie (1), and Hanuman (Ult Gaia(2)) and then 2 more for himself. Sure it's not 11 gold keepers, but it isn't like i can roll up any tue/sat/sun and collect this many green jewels. Last time the jewel dungeon came along it was right when i couldn't do it.

These things are way too annoying to get for how often they're needed at this point. i'd be okay with a set of chinese technical dungeons to go get them as long as they didn't make them very long. I remember when they were rewards out of monthly stuff and not the stupid gems or these vastly over-valued resist latents (really now, who uses those?)

Idk, frustrated opinions, that's all.

Orange Crush likes this.
  17. Orange Crush

User ID:
    @RajaNagaSoz

Honestly, Spirit Jewels might be my greatest limiter on wanting to do stuff, Ancient Tri-God Masks and Diamond Dragon Fruits just don't have enough uses to run out of the ones from challenges and Jewel of Creations end up needing a like 4 regular jewels per pop not to mention all the ones you need for regular evolving and/or skilling GFEs.

Ok well maybe Super Snowglobe's and plusses are getting problematic. But I mean, you never run into a situation where making a Ney or OdinDra or something requires 10 Spirit Jewels. I bet Tamas and Spirit Jewels are a major MP sink of mine. I coulda prob bought a RagDrag with the amount I've spent on Jewels

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  18. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

I agree about the trigod masks, and diamond dragon fruits and jewels of creation, even pixellits, i'm trying to trade them off for light or wood jewels (or that 5mech canopus gem i don't want to have to make myself... again.)

I even broke down and bought tamadras once, i regret it, but i also don't. the jewels... i dunno, i still feel i don't want to burn that much on one item when i know i need like 5+ for one thing...

I wish they'd implement the jewel dungeon to come around like the exp dragons, hell, limit it to one run a day, at least i'd make progress.

19. Orange Crush

User ID:
    I’ve been running harder dungeons and some of them have Chinese gods, they usually drop coins but I’m guessing they’ll low chance drop Spirit Jewels. But most importantly, they give enough XP that I recently hit 296 Stamina, enough to run a 99 Stam dungeon like the event Spirit Jewel Rush 3 times in a row.