[Team Building] Mono-Green Team Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Niteblooded, Mar 27, 2013.

1. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    man I walsy have been super low on light, green and blue but stacked on dark. seems everyone is the same because trading darks is way harder imo.

2. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Evo a couple equips and you too will be at 0 jewels too. Same for some modern Awokens, MP Drags, or Ney/Cotton.

3. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz Maximum Casual

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been rolling along with Zela lately, occasionally her damage is just abysmal even though i hit 7c well above 50% hp, and i don't really understand why.

Other than those times, it's a complete blowout. Anyone else have her, and what are you running for her team? I'm debating what to continue to use on her team.

4. diz

diz Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    I do not like her as a leader. Vraska is way easier to play. When you clear (nearly) the whole board you will have 3g3d most of the time. Having 6 - 9 greens is hard without actives.
    My fav green leader is still Kaede. And Zela is used as a sub when I need 200.000.000 - 340.000.000 damage or at least anti lock orb.

By the way. What means abysmal?

5. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Abysmal is "really low"/"bad" in this context, and by that i mean sometimes less than 500k on main hits. I think it's just those times i barely manage 7 combo with only a single dirty little 3 green orb match.

And i myself, don't have a kaede or a vraska, so... :monster11:

6. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Well-Known Member

I have no idea who you might be referring to. I don't resemble that comment one bit! :bag::sorry:

Though just cause I beat some of them doesn't mean I like those mechanics. For example... Sun&Moon, Panera Bread and Nidhogg just frustrate me. When the trash mobs are more frustrating than most bosses and the bosses themselves just feel... impossible. And even the ones I can beat the mechanics slow you down so much AND they have insanely high HP it feels more like an endurance check. And would I beat those annihilation dungeons without Fio? Most likely not.

Speaking of long dungeons I beat that One Shot dungeon (first one shot I beat) but now I'm wondering if I should use Numen Mowa I got on DAthena since I don't use her. Not gonna lie, I like looking at it. Definitely one of the better looking "farmable" cards. Got Paradise Jade Sonia finally but now dungeons have far outgrown Balboa/Artemis. Still run it and Parvati for old times sakes and to use friends that still run those leads.

cjo likes this.
  7. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Ooh, congrats on beating Mowa! I tried several times but always died. Never made it to the boss actually. The most frustrating loss was vs Bigfoot, just one floor away from at least facing the boss. I miss pdx!

I don't use DAthena too often right now but I'd definitely have evolved her given the choice. I'm sure Mowa will be back someday though.

Niteblooded likes this.
  8. Orange Crush

User ID:
    I just looked at the individual bosses dungeons to get the “vibe” of what kind of mechanics certain floors through at me. I mean, Sphinx or Mjendra usually switch leaders, Bigfoot trades shield for damage as fight progresses, Mowa did a lot of clouds or whatever, Zhubei (or whatever that dragon dude is) always has next to no HP but has resolve, Ilsix always has a really low resolve percent etc etc. I might miss exact thresholds or how hard individual hits are but you get the general idea of what you’re facing.

9. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I always liked the idea of inflating hp to draw out the fight, but it's counter-intuitive to the fun if that just means the rage-hit area is bigger.

I kindof like the idea of a battle of attrition in RPGs, but it's just not feasible in PAD because the bosses don't have an MP bar to wear down, and they don't really so much have a rotation to take advantage of usually. The only ways PAD can even stall a fight is by dropping some ridiculous 99% damage reduction and requiring you to do something asinine to waste your turn.

It's one of the few gripes i have with PAD. That and no stamina refill consumable outside of gacha currency. (and no, i don't count "EXP of a lifetime", especially when i'm hundreds of ranks lower than some of the people i met on here due to my haitus and the thing already hasn'tt actually given me a full rank up with double ganesha in many many ranks...)

I hadn't even walked into the one-shot simply due to not paying it attention and then suddenly being distracted by other highly important farmy dungeons that just showed up recently.

I won't be evolving my Dath, but eh, i barely use her for farming anymore, and well, Kamimusubi kindof took that spot anyway.

Suffice it to say, the game is still very entertaining, and there's not many games i go on haitus from and then come back just as strongly as i left, but I never approved of the path the game went with it's setup even as far back as resolves and rage-hits being a thing when i even started.

10. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

@Orange Crush , that's a good approach. With Mowa I did run into issues with not knowing when it was safe to take hits on lesser floors, so I overused actives (or conversely died in dumb places.) Bigfoot was annoying because I did know his attack cycle and should have had that floor but jumped the gun just a little! Of course if I'd made it past him I might still have died vs Mowa *shrug*

@RajaNagaSoz , in theory I don't mind the mechanics! In practice I'm not keeping up with the game but that's okay.

Fio remains awesome, I'm glad her day in the sun is a nice long lazy Saturday.

Niteblooded likes this.
  11. Niteblooded

@cjo For Big Foot I typically just stall doing combos (for shield, health, clearing out useless orbs) until he gets to his 70% damage reduction state. I try to get a no skyfall combo on him so I can see how much damage I do to him unassisted. If it looks like I can one shot him than I go for it.

@RajaNagaSoz I don't mind the super inflated HP on bosses but lately the trend is "let's super inflate the HP of EVERYTHING!". Let's take the Hexazeon dungeon for example. Soo drained after playing that dungeon. Even these companion dragon dungeons have more HP than the typical useless trophy dragon dungeons. On top of that your now useless leads get rated/ranked low even though they chip away at those health bars and don't have shield/HP buffs to tank the hits just because of their star rating. Then the game likes to do hey, this boss has 330M HP but absorbs hits over 5M and oh btw you have 3 turns before he hits you for 500 Quadrillion. I totally didn't hyperbole those numbers up btw, actual numbers I just forget the dungeon names. :troll:

^^^ :joyful:

RajaNagaSoz likes this.
  12. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    [QUOTE="Niteblooded, post: 1582771, member: 1249" Then the game likes to do hey, this boss has 330M HP but absorbs hits over 5M and oh btw you have 3 turns before he hits you for 500 Quadrillion. I totally didn't hyperbole those numbers up btw, actual numbers I just forget the dungeon names. :troll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's why i say the game isn't setup in a way to make a large hp pool boss to actually be fun. If you're going to minimum-combo me and damage-cap me, it's already zero fun, but then we thrown in bee orbs that sting you if you get near them, and petrified orbs that don't move, then pitfall orbs that make you drop the orb if you touch them, a rage hit at any odd numbered hp%, and an hp number that isn't scientifically quantifiable... :questions::questions::questions:

Oh wait, the hyperbole needs to calm down... :misc19:

For real though, inflated hp isn't fun when it's ONLY there to make you "Eat this mechanic! Do it! You have to!"

Niteblooded likes this.
  13. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

I pulled two Zela in SGF. Does anybody still lead with her? Is she viable for anything?

14. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have her up, she's fun, but i don't generally take her into anything real-deal because i'm still not used to the orb hunger. the damage is nutty though.

15. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Not unlike Amatsu. I pretty much have dual R.Sarasvati as the engine that makes the team work.

16. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Heh, i guess i could slap a few vishnu on Zela-team, but that's eating a lot of utility space just to tease the RNG to give enough orbs.

17. Colbrushie

Colbrushie Resident Lurker

User ID:
    Halloween Parvati is pretty cute :)

Niteblooded and RajaNagaSoz like this.
  18. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't remind me, Parv was one of my favorite and best leads for a long time, AND i have a thing for catgirls, and i've gotten NONE out of the halloween REM ever.

She's not even useful or a high rarity! Why game?! Why do you hurt me so?!

[​IMG]

Niteblooded likes this.
  19. Niteblooded

I totally get wanting a useless card because reasons. I agree with you guys, I like that halloween Parvati artwork as well.

I (will sadly admit) rolled a lot of my free stones on the halloween gacha. My #1 was Norn of Guilty Pleasures with a side want actual useful Nene. I saw Norn was in the monster exchange. I pondered for a long time who I wanted to get rid of. Decided on two of my three Blodins and 2/2 of my white Fenrirs and the +644 that came with those monsters. No regerts dough. Ya I parted ways with a monster card completely (Fenrir) but I never used him and never liked him. Norn though, oh my not only do I like the art it is actually a non-green card I would stick on my Fio team because she's 100% green at her core. At the very least she will be an inherit. Maybe I will even re-roll Fio's alt super awoken to try and get VDP if I put Norn on the team since she has the immobile super awoken and you only need 1 of those.

Wanted Zela but got a Saline on my free roll from the event which feels super lucky. Didn't even know there was a Ganesha upgrade monster so glad it was her since I didn't get Zela. Anyway, if you need a XP boost to level up just msg me to put Saline up. The XP increase is actually substantial. Two Ganeshas = 450k on xp of a lifetime. Two Salines = 645k I think or somewhere around there. I apparently used up my roll luck with that though since every other roll has been a dupe or stuff I don't want.

20. RajaNagaSoz

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

If you haven't run the 6th anniversary EXP gift...

Well, let this say everything...

[​IMG]

Double Saline.

Niteblooded likes this.