[Team Building] Mono-Red Appreciation Thread V.2

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Vixen, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Aleggs

Aleggs Skyfalls Carry Me

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yup.

2. Dracula.

Dracula. Member

It's just called tech dungeon? I just need to know so I can hit it up next rotation. :) thanks for the help

3. Dracula.

Dracula. Member

Oh it's legendary Skyway under technical dungeon :) got it. Still need Shiva Dragon advice and friends :)

4. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

What should I look for as a new player who just rolled Dantelion? Wait for fire gala + indian 2?

5. Orange

Orange Red+Yellow = Orange

Attempted +297 Hera dungeon with Ares team. First attempt couldn't pass Neptune. I managed orbs better on second attempt and used shiva skill on Neptune. Reached Hera floor and uses all skills (except shiva) and hoped for 2 more sky fall. Very lucky on sky fall and finished Hera on one shot.

Special thanks to barnard for his amazing Ares and also to cc/vg/ on first attempt.
    image.png image.png
    image.jpeg

Vixen and barnard like this.
  6. Priority Bacon

Priority Bacon Member

Dantalion is all about having fire and hearts to activate so some orb changers to look out for that make fire and hearts are...
    Yamato Takeru (Heros pantheon), Uriel (Archangel) and dupes of Dantalion himself (GFE) because he gives you haste as well as the orbs.

other useful orb changers are...
    Krishna (Indian 2) gives you a couple of fire orbs (but no hearts) and has OE awakenings which go really well with Dantalion.
    Tsubaki (GFE) also makes 3 fire orbs and gives you haste - but also makes 3 useless light orbs and may change away hearts.
    Scarlet (farmable) does make hearts, but gives you 4 fire orbs with haste (plus a time extend awakening)... she is in my team as the haste really helps other actives back up... she is "farmable" in theory, but it's a tough dungeon if you are early in the game... particularly if you want to run it enough times to skill her up.

as a board changer...
    Urd (GFE) is a staple because she gives you a fire, water & hearts full board change.

For a dungeon with binds...
    Rozuel (Angel 2) gives you bind recovery (and if you don't need bind recovery, she makes useful hearts) or Ame no Uzume (Japanese 2) gives you a button push bind clear.

Dantalion is great fun to play and, if you can fully activate the LS, can do crazy damage. I took a Dantalion team into Startlight Sanctuary the other day to try it out and, with a little board set up, hit a team damage of over 238 million (Dantalion himself was hitting for over 47 million)... I am a sucker for big numbers.

7. supebeans

supebeans Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    How does Raoh fair nowadays? I just pulled him and got really excited, but wasn't sure whether he is out shadowed by Cao Cao?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  8. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

@Priority Bacon Great detailed response, thanks a lot!

I decided to roll again and I got a Tsubaki, currently using a Tsubaki/ Red Goblin/ Red Goblin/ Dantalion (his RCV at lvl 1-30 is crazy lol, and his 5 orb enhances are so amazing for Tsubaki's 5 orb additional attack)/ Super Red King/ Shiva (BFF a person who pentamaxed, so always up) or another Tsubaki that I only have 1 friend of =(

Beat Zhang Fei, Dragon Zombie, Hera Beorc with that team so far. Hopefully I can roll some of the subs you mentioned, and some on the tier list on page 1.

PS I'm having 100% rate on fire enhance orbs falling down, if I'm not mistaken there are double enhance orbs now right?

9. StarDragon12

StarDragon12 Quan

User ID:
    NA 367,185,264
    PADherder:
    link
    Tbh Raoh x AFreyr / Raoh still gets stuff done, but ACao Cao is just too strong now.

10. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Friend's acc looking for red team help. His relevant subs:
    • Yamato
    • Shiva
    • Chiyome
    • Ares
    • Horus
    • Freyr
    • Set
    • Misato <3
    • Antares
    • Ronia x2
    • Harley Quinn
    Not much to go on but he was hoping to work on whatever he can.

This is just some stuff I thought worked, definitely needs revision though:
    • Freyr/Yamato/AAres/Misato/Ronia x Raoh
    • AAres/RG Antares/Set/Misato/Horus
    • AHorus/Freyr/RG Antares/AAres/Misato
    • Set/Yamato/Freyr/Misato/AHorus
    • RShiva/AAres/Freyr/Set/Misato
    He won't have AAres or AHorus ready for a while, but he has Freyr and Set so if anybody leaves up Raoh or Set and can add him, that'd be dope. Maybe AHorus for the Set pairing too? His ID is 336,257,310.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  11. mageslay3r

mageslay3r Member

User ID:
    316-218-480
    PADherder:
    link
    Thoughts on upcoming uvo krishna?
    2.25:45.56:2.25

12. StarDragon12

StarDragon12 Quan

User ID:
    NA 367,185,264
    PADherder:
    link
    Very strong.

13. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Makes me want to play again. :3

14. StarDragon12

StarDragon12 Quan

User ID:
    NA 367,185,264
    PADherder:
    link
    Please do I wanna see Derpinator with a Leilan card to the left of his name from my selections of Leilan to pick from

Derpinator likes this.
  15. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If I do start playing, it'll probably be pretty casual with some shmexy red teams (Leilan ofc, Krishna, Freyr x Raoh, AAme if anybody else does, Urd) along with probably Myr, Haku and Panda. Nothing else looks both fun and viable, maybe Durga and DMeta, but that is probably it.

StarDragon12 likes this.
  16. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

My friendlist has mostly converted to new Krishna. Unfortuantely I don't have him, shame.

Krishna is awesome for the RCV and HP x1.5.
    2.25xHP 45.56xATK 2.25xRCV is very balanced.

I have Vishnu that does more damage but doesn't gain that HP modifier to make the team tanky.

I'll be waiting for Reincarnated Shiva -- but R. Shiva doesn't get an HP modifier sadly.

Hope you are all using those rad team buffs : )

Derpinator likes this.
  17. Vixen

Vixen Active Member

I did get Antares. I'm still exploring around with him/her but as of now, I'm not noticing anything too special outside of damage reduction. I have Antares as a sub rather than a lead because I feel there are better leads out there, but he/she makes a great sub in Fire/Wood.

18. StarDragon12

StarDragon12 Quan

User ID:
    NA 367,185,264
    PADherder:
    link
    Antares is an amazing godkiller sub. I would run him on Leilan as a flex sub sometimes, and I'm sure that translates over to mono fire teams like Krishna & Revo Shiva.

19. StarDragon12

StarDragon12 Quan

User ID:
    NA 367,185,264
    PADherder:
    link
    Same here. Feels bad.

20. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i mean, it's impressive tankiness. the burst isnt that great, but you essentially have a 2x HP lead AND it works on gravities. I love running Antares' sub form as a lead and the subs are very flexible.

That said, he's definitely a better sub. fast active, haste, gets rid of poison and jammers, and amazing awakenings, plus great color coverage for red...he's such a great sub.