[Team Building] Mono-Red Appreciation Thread V.2

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Vixen, Jan 27, 2014.

1. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Gratz on Shiva! I sent you an invite, however I don't always leave Shiva up so you might not want to accept. I use him quite a bit, but I leave Krishna up more often because I have a Krishna BF. I also leave Lakshmi up a lot if that's relevant.

Derpinator likes this.
  2. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I run Krishna quite often as well and leave mine up, so it'll definitely work out.

cjo likes this.
  3. JettG_G

JettG_G I got hit by an airplane!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Screenshot_2017-03-19-01-22-33.png Screenshot_2017-03-19-01-30-01.png
    I've really been loving Leilan right now. She helped me get the Heradrag I needed for my Yomidra, and it feels much better to play than my Grem team.

Derpinator likes this.
  4. RajaNagaSoz

RajaNagaSoz 12 extra skyfall combo past a damage shield

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    New to this neck of the woods

So i managed to get a Xiahou Dun, should i [celebrate or despair]? If [celebrate], should i work out his team for running with R-Shiva or is there a better option?

If [despair], well... dang. At least i somewhat like Xiahou Dun as a character.

5. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

Got impatient so I farmed masks from Volcano of Vulcan for Revo and fed all my snowglobes. From left to right, inherits were Sheen (no Carat), Ronia, RRH, Susano and Urd.

Don't think I'll run more of him in Arena because Sopdet was a pitas and that annoying dark absorb at the end. This was easily my fastest run though (faster the Tsubaki), rarely used an active before the last few floors and even one shot Grisar without one. I'll be putting Verd back on him soon and running him for other stuff because he's still super fun. Need more friends though. :(

cjo and mtb911 like this.
  6. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ive cleared A1 solo a couple times with Revo Shiva and i agree it can be at once really smooth but also has super glaring holes (namely health and absorbs).

Hes fun but not a go to A1 lead.

7. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If only split Rozuel was RG, then she might be easier to lead with. Unfortunately sold my dupe long ago so I currently don't have plans to make her. If she had that wood coverage, you could not only use her on Leilan but also probably run a RLeilan system and capitalize on 7c2x.

ABelial, on the other hand, I have a dupe of and can lead. Urds for days!!! You can either pair with another Belial for 4/49/1 or with AYamato for 2/63/1 and a heart shield. Pretty hype, just fed a 297 placeholder to my dupe.

RageSedai likes this.
  8. Orange

Orange Red+Yellow = Orange

Any one using RFreyr as leader? How was your team like? I played with this one for awhile. It was hard to activate 7 combos without extra time or using orb changer to change board to 2-3 colors. I found pairing with shiva seemed to be the best.

9. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm just playing around with this while I wait for RAres:

| |

I must say, it hurts my heart a little but when Freyr outdamages all these UUU subs. XP

Markabs make 7c much easier just because they simplify the board by taking one column out of the picture.

Orange likes this.
  10. Orange

Seems 7c is for 7x6 board. Much easier. I would put RFreyr as sub until getting some good sub (with time extension).

11. Gig

Gig E rank luck

PADherder:
    link
    With 4 secs worth of additionnal time, hitting 7c on regular board is not hard even while making a row.
    4 fingers and the 2 sec badge should do the trick.

12. Orange

Hard decision on llmina. Can't decide between the red and the light versions. The light form seems stronger than the red form. but I have many choices on subs for red form. Another thing is that I didn't have any friends who use the red form. End up pairing with Rshiva or Minerva. Personally I like the red form. Anyone using this one and with form you had?

13. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    the Light form is an objectively better lead, and you can still run a red team with it. You shouldnt be pairing with Ilmina, but Ilm or Kenshin.

14. Orange

Agree. I played with llm once and much better than pairing with Minerva. No friend played Kenshin. Seems very rare leader.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  15. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Use not cute (but sexy) Urd in Shiva teams for the 7c and the heart ping to break resolve. :eek:

xer 21 likes this.
  16. diz

diz Active Member

Rolled a few red stuff, but Not sure about a team.
    II have 1 Urd, 2 Napoleon, 2 Ronia, 1 Silk, 1 TrailokyaXXX, 1 Krishna.

TrailokyaXXX looks a bit hard to activate, but one of the Krishnas looks good. But Not sure about the rcv guy or the the high atk guy. And What would be the team to go?

17. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Ive been toying with Trailokyavijaya paired with R/L Ilmina and R/R Kenshin. With the 7x6 board getting 8/9 combos is a lot more doable, providing some extra HP and more than enough RCV. But admittedly it's hard getting enough fingers on a red team. Maybe when A.Krishna or the Monster Hunter Collab's multi-finger reds come out it'll be more viable.

Well that and I really dont have enough friends who run Kenshin or Trailo

18. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Krishna is your best bet there. URd and Napoleon can sub, Silk is a huge burst inherit.

19. Grokitach

Grokitach Godfather of the French PAD community @jvc

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Why not D.Athena considering that team : D.Athena / R.Haku / R.Haku / R.Loki / Nobunaga / D. Athena ?

20. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So i have a guy who randomly BFed me and he keeps Awoken Belial in his BF slot. I never really paid it much mind, but but i had stamina to burn today, and figured it's basically like playing Shiva/A Ares as i do in co op often. So I took him into A1 and was surprised at just how resilient he is.

Running A Yamato, Revo Horus^Muse, Urd, and Rozuel^Urd, I had a team with 57k HP, , easy RCV, and pretty nice damage control. I just ran 5 back to back runs of A1, saw pretty much every spawn of consequence (including multiple sopdets, parvatis and hinos.) and honestly, this team just laughed at it. effortless stalling, can tank anything, and has really easy activation. I had a ton of fun (not the least of which was laughing at pravati three times after managing to take her out exactly once over the course of my previous hundreds of A1 runs leading Ilm x Ilm, Ilm x Minera, Shiva x Shiva, and Tsubaki. I have not seen her in my Ilm x Ilmina runs yet), and went 5 for 5 in A1. granted, when revo Yamato and Split Urd come, I'm gonna lose 7000 HP on the team but 48K HP is still more than enough.

This doesnt really open the doors to new content. I doubt i'd beat A3 or Coloseum with this and everything else i've more or less done. but this is quickly becoming my favorite A1 solo pairing, and it leaves Ilm in the dust in terms of consistency (sopdet poses major skyfall related issues and parvati requires the most exacting and impossible damage control as that team has both god killers and devil killers).

Only weaknesses were binds (having belial bound cuts your HP in half and having Shiva bound kills your RCV, both of which dampen your ability to stall out binds), and the need for a spike. For now, Muse is my best spike for the team and he works fine, but Freyr or the new Wise dragon would be WAY better. I could also put a better inherit on my Shiva than A leilan who blocks some activation, but i leave him there to pair with A Ares with a friend in co op and because Shiva is a sub in my ilm teams. But even then, that board change will kill most floors with two TPAs and a 7 combo.

Is it a new meta pairing? no, but I think it's being overlooked and it feels a lot like a less orb hungry Krishna.