[Team Building] Starsea Goddess, Andromeda

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by nihil679, Aug 6, 2014.

1. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Ok, thanks. Will try for the hypermax then.

2. Yuri-G

Yuri-G holy sh*t snacks!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    finally. went 5/10 on this girl's skillups... I had to laugh. the perfect end to a long journey, and my first hypermax.

[​IMG]

foxwaffles, LabMonkey and It3mUs3r like this.
  3. It3mUs3r

It3mUs3r Moo Moo Lem Lem

Congrats on your entrance into the hyper Andro hall :D
    Perhaps one day I will join you.

Seriously though, congrats! The first hyper is always really special.

Yuri-G likes this.
  4. Yuri-G

Yuri-G holy sh*t snacks!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It really is special. And thanks! Hope you join us one day :D

It3mUs3r likes this.
  5. LabMonkey

LabMonkey Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Wooo, congrats! And just in time to actually see the numbers she puts up, too :D

6. Scrub

Scrub New Member

PADherder:
    link
    Hi, I've recently started the game again and I'm trying to make an Andro team. I have a Gabriel, Hermes, I&I, Sharon, Hatsume and Sun Quan. What should I put as my subs?

7. EventHorizon

User ID:
    So I've been looking at latent awakenings... are any of them actually significant? I read time extend is .05 sec, autoheal is useless, dmg reduction is 1%, rcv boost is insignificant... Is there any point to them? Anything andro is wanting for?

8. nihil679

nihil679 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Strange, I thought you were on the list. Post info to be added?

Do you have anymore?
    Hatsume and Hermes are easy picks that should be on your team almost all the time. Gabriel and Sharon are optional third(s)/fourth.
    I&I and Sun Quan are entirely situational.

If that's your entire list of blue subs, most likely go get Siegfried or Kamui for 2nd fast orb changer. Considering current sub pool, I believe Kamui would cycle better than Siegfried.
    Designate Hermes as mass orb changer (in place of Karin) and use Gabriel as a secondary orb changer/substitute-able, to be replaced with I&I/SQ as needed.

They're all bad, some are just less bad than others. They only become significant after stacking.
    I'm personally going all in HP on every single sub. Every single blue monster has very healthy base HP, so HP Latents give a decent amount. I switched to Neptune Dragon main, which already has enough damage and RCV multiplier to cover the other stats.
    And I'm too lazy to care about specific element resistances. You can stack the shit out of it for things like ultimate Hera preemptive attack or something, but I just find it hard to care.

Bottom of the list is autoheal though. Never get that.
    Time extend is nice if you just simply want more time, I don't think it's a crutch or anything like that.

9. Yuri-G

Yuri-G holy sh*t snacks!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I might have to think about HP latents... that is Andro's biggest struggle in my experience. fully-leveled team (except Sharon at 50) with some plusses and I haven't even broken 18k yet lol.

also,

Name: yuri-g @pf
    ID: 387,256,391
    Levels, Plus, Skills: Max Level, +297, Max Skill
    Other Leads: Norn of the Past, Urd (1670), Awoken Shiva (1954), Wise and Moral Goddess, Sarasvati (2080)

10. EventHorizon

User ID:
    Hmm, I think I agree that HP would be the most useful latent for Andromeda's team itself. I guess I have some thinking to do for the teams where Andromeda is a sub. for example, awoken I&i doesn't need rcv, but my awoken Karin team does.

In terms of a friend lead, what do people prefer? I'm thinking about doing at least 1 dark resist for 100% gravity but idk...

11. nihil679

nihil679 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Updated, congratulations on 28th.

Did you sub out Siegfried or Kamui. Siegfried was a large bulk of my low-REM Andromeda team's HP, B/D Karin OR B/L Hermes for the longest time was another part of it. Team should break close to 20k.
    I'm going full HP. 100% gravities in dungeons are rare, and usually it's an HP threshold kill nuke, meaning ideally you burst them down anyways.
    Popular builds seem to be:
    - All HP.
    - All Dark Resist (ult Hera preemptive)
    - Rainbow Resist (5~6% damage resist all, prevents all 100% gravities)

ATK isn't very popular for teams outside of press-button-to-win like ROdin farmtrain. RCV breakpoints are higher IIRC compared to HP, as in they won't give you as much value compare to HP.

All in all, I think almost every blue sub and lead would benefit more from HP Latents than anything other than elemental resistances, which are niche IMO. Our top 3 leads - Neptune Dragon, Awoken Lakshmi, and Sarasvati - all reach high damage multipliers and other than Sarasvati, tend to be high HP and have high HP subs.
    Even on the lower end, Andromeda herself, Nut, Awoken Orochi, Skuld, Sumire, etc. all tend to be high HP as well.

12. EventHorizon

User ID:
    I decided to just go all in on time extends.
    http://imgur.com/DHQxdAJ
    Would be nice to get some more friends for based pal points >.<

ShinKermit likes this.
  13. ShinKermit

ShinKermit New Member

User ID:
    390 534 370
    Added. I have Andromeda, Skuld and A.Lakshmi up most of the time. Also use Bestcat, Kali and Tsubaki on occasion.

14. aznperson1

aznperson1 New Member

User ID:
    Andromeda always up :)

Name: Timothy
    ID: 348,788,311
    Levels, Plus, Skills: Level 99, +26, Skill Level 3
    Other Leads (List ID, only up to 3): L/L Kanna (2148)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    Tux likes this.
  15. nihil679

nihil679 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  16. Canvas

Canvas New Member

Name: Canvas
    ID: 359,759,329
    Levels, Plus, Skills: Max Level, +297, Max Skill
    Other Leads: Awoken Karin (2074), Wise and Moral Goddess, Sarasvati (2080)

17. pligga123123

pligga123123 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What are you guys doing to keep andromeda in the meta? I think I might want to pair her up with A. Neptune since I have 2x hatsume and 2x a. Karin as subs. But even that is iffy.

18. Yuri-G

Yuri-G holy sh*t snacks!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fuck combo shields with Andromeda. Fuck them fuck them fuck them fuck them FUCK THEM. There are some things she is just not meant to do, and this is one of them :/

IDK about Andromeda in the current meta; I think the hardest thing I've beaten with her is Zeus Mercury. Certainly nothing Legend Plus and beyond yet, though I've come close with True Dragon Realm (fuck you, fatty). My current plans for her are to round out the sub lineup (Neptune for poison, Isis for bind clearing, Sun Quan for delay/burst) as well as potentially buying Charité to solve problems like Threedia (though I'm not 100% on that purchase yet). Really though, there's only so much you can do until she gets a super uvo (let's pray that's how they treat her) that brings her back in line with power creep. I still use her for most content but there are some things she's just not a good fit for as things stand right now... LIKE COMBO SHIELDS GRRR.

Edit: to clarify, I meant combo shields on a boss that requires a hard burst. Hitting 3.5m damage with 5 combos minimum can range from easy to damn near impossible depending on the board. And that's assuming you don't rely on skyfall of course.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  19. Tiquity

Tiquity Need more Andros. Send help.

User ID:
    For combo shield are you using optimal boards? The ones with 9-15 off color orbs guarantee 6 combos with good burst. For the ones 6-8 off color orbs i think there are variants of the tpa or combo ones where you can adjust to still include a row for good damage. Though for combo shield where you don't need massive bursts (like red sonia on gran or something, don't really need optimal boards)

Andromeda super uvo shouldn't be too far off. If they get anything like AA1 with 2 extra awakening, 100 more weighted stat and slight ls buff would be very good. But as she stands now can still clear all legend plus and mythicals (albiet some are difficult and need plusses for others). Pairing up with Neptune Dragon is also a good option.

Yuri-G likes this.
  20. Yuri-G

Yuri-G holy sh*t snacks!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hmm I have used that chart before but hadn't considered adapting it to Andromeda. I'll have to try that, though using Sarasvati is easier (downsides being that Sarasvati requires more orbs on normal waves, mine isn't skilled yet, and I'm not as good at using her due to lack of practice).

I only need five combos to burst through Water Insect Dragon on Mythical. The trick is hitting 3.5m damage while still getting those five combos. Stalling/whittling him down first is possible but difficult because he hits hard. I will have to try, thanks for the encouragement :)

Of course my other option is just to go for Legend and take the 80% drop rate lol

I'm definitely upping my sub game right now and thinking that will make a massive difference in tackling harder content. Sometimes you need utility that my standard team just doesn't provide.