[Team Building] Umisachi & Yamasachi 2.0

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by 0never, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Kurii

Kurii Active Member

I really really really want U&Y to make a come back. I'm really hoping U&Y becomes top tier when his Awoken form hits. They were the ones to carry me to 100 stamina and then some, so I have a really deep attachment to the twins. This ult was really needed though. I just hope I don't have to wait a whole year for his Awoken. Blue really needs some love right now...

2. Cery

Cery Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't think low HP is a weakness of U&Y at all compared to other spike leaders. My U&Y team (U&Y/U&Y/Orochi/DKali/Izanagi) has more HP than both my LKali and Bastet teams. 100% SBR isn't that hard to get, now that U&Y themselves have it (also subs like Kalis, Isis, Amaterasu, etc.).

Imo damage is still the biggest issue. Can't compete with things like Sakuya, Yomi, and Bastet (which is fair, given that they haven't gotten Awoken yet). I'm really hoping for an amazing Awoken U&Y, because quad leads are fun and U&Y have the prettiest activation colors :)

(GungHo plz don't disappoint T_T)

MissLissa likes this.
  3. 0never

0never Retired!

It's not hard to get 100% SBR, but you will have to make some sacrifices. Out of all the 2x TPA or more blue cards, only U&Y has SBR; BValk, Orochi, BOdin, Nut all don't have SBR, it's kind of pathetic really. I'm basically forced to go LKali DKali pair, which is totally fine btw, I'm just being picky. In a couple of months time well get A.I&I with 2 SBRs, which will help.

C10 with U&Y is very possible, but I think it's also going to be very luck dependant. I mean take the 12th C10 for example, http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1389, even with A.Ra I remember it took me a lot of tries because most of the enemies can lock you in an orb-troll loop with Kali as the only way out, and you quickly run out of Kali actives, and Ra has more Kali actives than U&Y. Actually I remember the 13th and 14th c10 were crap for Ra too, c10 is just not color leader friendly.

I think the Goemon and A.Shiva c10s are coming soon, those will be super annoying for basically all glass cannon spike teams that focus on 1-shotting everything without getting hit much. Good thing I have Yomi Dragon now to deal with that crap.

I don't think 2x U&Y/DKali/LKali/A.Isis has enough firepower to kill 6mil on just 2 blue TPAs, unless you make 9 combos or something.

Oh yeah here's an Arena clear if anyone is interested.

But it probably took a lot of tries. I mean the team is only 60% SBR, has no anti-bind whatsoever, and only has 1 sub to counter any orb-troll with. Zera is completely dead weight until you actually get to Kali and Bodin doesn't do much either, you're basically running on 4 actives.

Damage is fine, if you use enough TPA things. I mean with a U&Y orbchange you have enough damage to kill a boss, screenshot of damage here.

Actually used the padx simulator, and it turns out U&Y team's HP is fine if you use Orochi, so I'll take that comment back. Whole team hypermaxed can hit 27.7k HP. But if you use SQ over Orochi you instantly lose 2k HP, and if you use BValk or something over dupe U&Y, you lose another 1k HP. Famiel has even lower HP than SQ iirc.

Bastet and LKali are well known to have awful HP, you shouldn't really be using those as a benchmark. A.Ra has 27k+, A.Shiva is slightly under 27k, Ra dragon is 29k+, A.Yomi is 30k+ (though the team's RCV is awful), Yomi Dragon is 28k+, Neptune Dragon is around 27.5k iirc.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  4. Khemikal

Khemikal Casual Non-IAPer

PADherder:
    link
    Warning: Theory crafting ahead in the spoiler. Lots of text which covers dreams, rumors, and stuff still only in JP (though coming in the future, hopefully soon).

I personally am not expecting our beloved twins to be relevant for a while. We just got an upgrade and still aren't at the top because as everyone has said, we haven't got an awoken evolution. If we just got this upgrade, how long will it be for our next? I'm sure it will come, I just don't expect it to be anytime soon. If/when it does happen I think it'll come with a swing in the meta. Bastet, Kirin and Ra have had the spotlight for a while. Now we have the MP dragons at the top. I don't expect it to stay like that forever.

Have we even decide what it would take to put us back as a top end leader? We just got SBRs and a damage increase, and that wasn't enough. Do we really need more damage? Would bumping UY up to a 5x with a 1.3x on skill usage (42.25x total) be enough or do we need more? Additional SBRs? We currently have 9 awakenings, a 36x multiplier, and a 7 turn cooldown that in theory fixes our board. Bastet only has 7 awakenings, the same 36x, but has a 5 turn cooldown. ARa is a 100x, 8 awakenings, 7 turn cooldown. ASakuya is a 49/64/81/100x, 9 awakenings, 10 turn gravity. Even though we don't have an awoken form we are essentially already there.

If we are changing the twins themselves I can only see one change that would really help us and that is a more consistent way to do damage. I think a match 3 of 4 for a 3x multiplier would be great. Use off color TPAs through the trash floors and save some blues. This would give us tons of orb control and damage control until we need to put out big numbers.

If that doesn't happen I think it will take a sub being upgraded or two. We need something like a blue chibi-valk. A few TPAs, SBR, and God with Healer typing. Toss in the normal DKali and you have 80% SBR with one slot left. A lot of people run a UY as a sub giving them 100% SBR with that team. Maybe they could upgrade Amon to have a SBR and God typing? Lets not forgot Volsungr as mentioned earlier. He comes with a SBR, two blue orb enchances, and a time extend, plus his Kali like active. Volsungr is also farmable! Maybe SQ or Muse get a SBR? I think their active spikes are overkill most all the time (non green bosses and non-rogue dungeons), but they are on color TPA cards. I&I has been mentioned a handful of times and she is in the same boat as SQ and Muse with her active, but she already has 2 SBRs (she doesn't really need anything in her new form besides better typing).

After all is said and done I still advocate the following template as the base moving forward.
    If you go with DKali or Volsungr you are covered on SBRs. First decision is which 3+ TPA card. Next decision is which consistency card. Then you have a flex for whatever you are missing/needing.

5. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Love this guide, except I find myself in the enviable position of having too many subs to choose from.. ;_; Even with your wonderful strategy, Khemikal, I'm really thinking U&Y needs a better sub pool to put them back on top - I run A.Sakuya on JP and could potentially do as much on US once she's evo'd, with a much better sub pool on both accounts...Kirin just has a better one.. Or L.Kali, considering they pretty much share subs..

I've wanted U&Y from the beginning, and finally landed him..and then some really good subs on top of the ones I already had. I'd like to start running them regularly but they all need to be max-awoken and max-skilled, not to mention plus eggs, on top of...making a decision on team comp..

Padherder: https://www.padherder.com/user/GloriousWings/monsters/,
    I have an Uevo'd U&Y, of course.
    Two Orochis, one of which might do well as W/F for my Urd team.
    Two Famiels, of whose new Uevo is...ridiculous.
    D/L Yomi, soon to be A.Yomi..
    D/L Izanagi.
    MeiMei, who I could Uevo to Awoken.
    And Nut, as well as Sharon.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any W/D cards on my US account - the one sub I'd really love to have, I&I, I don't; meanwhile JP has two of them. >.<; Should I just suck it up for now and slow Yomi/Iza in the last spot for the time being until I can roll the other twins or...haha...a Brodin?

6. 0never

0never Retired!

@Seika

You could do something like...
    A.Orochi, LKali (or Famiel), Nut, Izanagi (or Yomi if you want the extend times).

Only have 80% SBR, but can't really help that. I mean you can drop Nut too, but then you're running a team that's 3/6 off-color, and your damage will suffer because of that.

If the boss is delayable, you should take Yomi over Izanagi because Orochi will deal with the boss.
    If you hypermax the entire team you also won't need enhance either, but I'm not sure if I should recommend that at this current time.

7. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    @0never

Hm. The off-color concern you mention is exactly why I was thinking of using dupes of A. Orochi/Famiel. Except the other issue, as you mention, is SBR, especially now that it's such a big part of the meta.. Granted, I do have an Andromeda I can Uevo and sub in for L.Kali/Nut to hit 100% with.. I just wish U&Y had a larger on-color sub-pool. GungHo really needs to give water some more love..Would you say it's better to run two Famiels, two A. Orochis or a split? I'd think with proper plus-eggs, the double-Orochis would come in handy, but the angel actives would be far more useful, as I don't really see how you'd get the chance to use Orochi's delay on a spike team like U&Y...

8. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    U&Y is fairly stall-able with the RCV the team usually has​

9. akhc

akhc Vissi D'Arte

User ID:
    385 014 322
    PADherder:
    link
    Sorry been busy and didn't have time to check the damage. If I run U&Yx2/A Isis/LKali/DKali/U&Y friend. It's 6million with U&Y change total for the team with 2 blue TPAs and 8 combos. So a little overestimation on my part as when I first posted I ran this quickly through EEC to get a feel for the damage and it was raining skyfalls. Regardless, the new UUEvo feels strong damagewise.

C10s are always to an extent luck dependant but we'll see what I do with the C16 challenges. Planning on running U&Y for the last few anyway.

10. whoistoddjones

whoistoddjones Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Hey all. Looking for U&Y friends.

I've been gone for a year so my U&Y is not ultimate yet, still waiting on the fat metal dragon, so I didn't want to just start adding people.

I have 6 awakening on him and +29.

Do you think it's ok to just start adding people, since I'm not really powered up yet?

Thanks

11. supebeans

supebeans Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I just rolled Famiel with my 700 day bonus gems!

How does this team look, and would you sub anyone else in from my PADherder? I just don't feel like this team brings comparable damage to my others teams that are much easier. Also, does the boost from Izanagi stack at all with the boost of using a skill from UY leader skill? Is he still a good dark sub?

12. Joshsp1985

User ID:
    That's a good team and yes Izanagi stacks you should pretty much execute anything after using Izanagi and making a TPA or two. Your damage should be pretty good regardless though 2 double dongs, a quad dong, and a tri-dong (famiel change). but like you said it doesn't compare to some of the new awoken leaders but you should be all set for the one day U&Y gets an awoken.

13. Gargoyle242

Gargoyle242 Cunnin' Linguist

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    New U&Y config: U&Yx2, SQ, A Ama, A Yomi. I don't own any Kalis and my Orochi is still in WT/FR version. It's 100% sbr at least.

14. ffuts_eerf

ffuts_eerf Member

Pulled a year's worth of stones in PCGF and got a lot of awesome water subs. Curious what folks think is optimal for a team now given the new subs I got?

What I was running:

U&Y | U&Y | Grodin | Yomi | LKali

Interesting new subs:

DKali
    Orochi
    BValk
    Famiel x2
    Nut
    Isis
    I&I

I'm thinking U&Y | UY | blue sub | blue sub | Dkali

But unsure the relative benefits of Orochi (4x TPA!), BValk (fast orb changer, 2x TPA), and Famiel (board changer, 3x TPA). I&I is also an interesting sub, but not sure if a multiplier is necessary with so many on-color multi-TPA subs.

15. Joshsp1985

User ID:
    Famiel is really good with his new TPA update covers light and gives you a board cleaner so I would think he would default into one of those slots. Then probably Orochi

16. Khemikal

Khemikal Casual Non-IAPer

PADherder:
    link
    @ffuts_eerf Given your sub pool I personally would run the following:
    /
    /
    Plenty of prongs for damage, 100% SBR, board resets and orb changers, and a delay if you want. Breaking a Fatty's defense shouldn't be too much of an issue.

17. akhc

akhc Vissi D'Arte

User ID:
    385 014 322
    PADherder:
    link
    The new UUEvo is definitely a step in the right direction but having tried and failed the last C10 and eventually defaulting to RaDragon I think the twins are good enough for most things but the hardest content is just a step too far. Damage is fine as long as you can get two TPAs and that needs orb changers. Run out and you're in trouble. I'll still keep my hypermaxed UmiYama but I don't be using then much till they get another power boost.

18. Diego

Diego Active Member

Tried searching the topic but came up empty; (and if its in I'm sorry the forum search missed it :D ) what's your guys opinion on latent awakenings? Part of me says time extension but on the other hand atk (even more damage on those TPA's) seems tempting as well..

19. Joshsp1985

User ID:
    Really depends on the goal of your team. I would honestly probably just stockpile latents IF U&Y is your best team until they get an awoken form and then you can judge if they are arena capable. Latents are so situational now that most latent discussion revolves around making a team arena capable.

I know that didn't really answer your question so I'll do that now. Tri-dong and quad-dong cards you generally want to use atk latents due to how well they scale. Since U&Y isn't an arena capable team you're probably safe doing whatever you want on your other cards but I would lean towards HP latents on your single/double prong cards and attack on your triple/quad dong cards.

Diego likes this.
  20. Diego

Diego Active Member

Answered my question perfectly, have ATK latents and a Liu Bei who would like them :p