[Team Building] Umisachi & Yamasachi 2.0

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by 0never, Oct 5, 2014.

1. 0never

0never Retired!

@Toasted_Rofls Added.
    @Maaqa
    I would run Yomi over Dill Sirius. Don't worry about not being a healer, it doesn't really matter much for the dark sub. Mainly the extend times.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  2. Maaqa

Maaqa Member

3. TheJetternaut

TheJetternaut New Member

Any chance I could be added to the U&Y user list? :D
    ID is 306,693,296. Usual leaders are U&Y, Athena, Kushinada, LMeta, Awoken Ceres, and Lu Bu.
    U&Y is +280 , SL3 and always up in Slot 1. Pretty close to hypermaxing, hoping to get the finished by the end of the month. :)

4. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Woo! After a few failed runs earlier this week, I managed to clear C9 with Umi&Yama. It took a healthy dose of luck, but also a killer match on the boss that I'm fairly proud of.

[​IMG]

Stats: Everyone max-skill (yay, finished Orochi), U&Y +240, LMeta +297, DIza +10

I basically need DIza and Orochi for fighting Threedia, so Bodin sadly fails to make the cut. And actually because C9 is one of the key niches I wanted to fill with U&Y, and Threedia always shows up, I'm wondering if I should +egg Orochi before Bodin...

Strat:

4: Can pop U&Y or SQ as needed to burst down the dark dragon before he attacks.

5: Pop DIza on the first turn for protection. Try to get hearts every turn. I missed hearts after the big hit, so I had to heal with LMeta. This is bad because I need LMeta to unbind Orochi if he gets bound for two turns. He did get bound for two turns, but fortunately there were six hearts on board afterwards, so I was able to unbind him. Orochi provides time to finish off Threedia and recharge skills.

6-7: Need to set up a really good board against Extreme King, pop SQ + U&Y to kill him, then immediately land another strong board against the boss and pop U&Y to one-shot him. The board against the boss is totally luck-dependent.

6: Got a pretty good board, lots of light clusters. Cleared it with two blue TPAs, a dark, a green, and three light matches.

7: Got a very strong board for the boss, with 12 blue and lots of green. Very lucky. Really didn't think I'd have time to make the three TPA blue matches, but it worked perfectly.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    hanacker and 0never like this.
  5. 0never

0never Retired!

@TheJetternaut Added.

@MisterDrgn
    Grats on the victory, very impressive.

I haven't done this c9 yet but I'm probably going to try it with this.

EDIT: Wait no that wouldn't work lol the dark dragon will just bind Izanagi. Back to the drawing board.

Tanking Threedia takes a lot of actives (need damage reduction and bind remove) so in previous c9's I've opted to just go full aggro on him instead (SQ and spike him as soon as I enter the floor, if not dead follow up spike on 2nd turn).

But taking DIza seems like a pretty good idea because it lets you tank and/or stall on Zaerog too. My DIza isn't max skilled though so I can't really do that.

Oh yeah MisterDrgn you can now set image sizes using
    Code:
    [image=width]url[/image]
    You only specify the width, the height will scale itself preserving the correct aspect ratio.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  6. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Man, I don't think I've come close to spiking Threedia in 1-2 turns (with U&Y). Props to you if you can do it. If you can, I guess that potentially gives you Orochi for Extreme King and Sun Quan again for the boss, which could provide nice stability. Except I'm not sure you can burst through Extreme King's defense without damage enhance. Which is where Izanagi might be nice if you can use him.

In general this C9 feels harder than last 'cuz of Extreme King.

Yeah, I prefer resizing images in other applications beforehand. Not sure which approach gives the best image.

7. 0never

0never Retired!

I mean use SQ on Threedia right away, the delay part of the skill will be blocked but you still get the 2 turns of enhance. Then use a U&Y active and combo the whole board (this is the single most important combo, think hard and/or use a simulator), it will usually take off like 2/3 of his HP or something (turning him to light). He will respond by turning your useless red orbs to hearts, then kill him on turn 2 while the enhance is still active. DKali is there to help against orb-troll. Yes this is a risky strategy and doesn't always work out, but if it does work I pretty much win the whole dungeon because floor 6 is usually easy and I have Orochi for the boss so that's easy too.

Except this time's floor 6 is the Extreme King and is NOT easy, and that screws everything up. I won't have SQ after Threedia, so I need to bring Izanagi to kill him.... but I won't be able to pass floor 4 with Izanagi as my only light sub, so that doesn't work.

I think the best strategy for this particular c9 is the tank Threedia method you used. I mean using DIza to tank Threedia until you can drop Orochi on him. Then stall a few turns on Extreme King for U&Y actives back and SQ him to kill. Use DIza to help tank Zaerog and just keep hitting him until he dies. Problem with this method is Zaerog becomes a lot harder, because he's no longer going to be under Orochi delay while you smack him around.

Or I can stick to brute forcing Threedia (with GOdin to cover light like for the previous c9s), and then use Orochi on the Extreme King, and try to set up the board for 4x4 TPAs in the 6 turns lol, maybe with the help of a U&Y active. I think that's even riskier than trading hits with Zaerog though, 4x4 is like REALLY hard.

8. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    The nice part is if you get a good initial board against Zaerog, you can one-shot him with the second turn of SQ (and the second U&Y active). That's what I did--it's much easier than one-shotting Threedia. But if you don't get a strong board, yeah, you're stuck stalling through his scary hits.

The other issue with the strat is if Threedia binds Orochi for two turns instead of one (50/50 chance maybe?), you need some way to clear one turn of bind. That's where LMeta is nice, but something else with the bind removal awoken skill could work, if you can get a row of hearts.

9. 0never

0never Retired!

Actually Zaerog's pre-emptive eats your 2nd turn of SQ enhance, so you basically 1-shotted 6mil HP though a color absorb by just using a single U&Y active lol (which is totally crazy). You can look at your screenshot, there's no enhance there.

Yeah if I go the DIza method I will bring LMeta or WeeJas on the light slot to counter the bind.

10. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Pre-emptives shouldn't take away a turn of enhance. I wasn't 100% sure about this, so I checked with Sandal in TEC (though I've definitely used Sandal before in cases where there was a pre-emptive). What happened in the picture was that the enhance icon went away right before the monster died, and I happened to take the shot at that moment.

11. pr0blem82

pr0blem82 Active Member

Unless you're resizing for the purpose of getting below the maximum attachment size, doing it via the tags should yield a higher quality image since it would remain at full resolution.

12. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

I tried to roll a Kali in the last godfest with no luck, but I did roll a Famiel who seems like the next best thing. Will her active always give at least 3 of every color?

13. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I believe so. The disadvantage is that she can't be combo'd with U&Y's active to get extra blue on the board, plus she doesn't have the best awoken skills, but she could certainly be useful.

14. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

Yeah it sucks there isn't a way to use a U&Y active to get extra blue orbs...I guess Nut or Sharon could be used in conjunction with her. But board refresh is so useful that I don't see myself replacing her in my team very often. Also her healer sub-type doesn't hurt.

15. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thinking about Challenge Lvl 9; I've been considering:

Basically:
    - SQ is mandatory here.
    - Awoken Neptune is my way through 6th floor.
    - Susano to cover light and try to keep me alive when facing Threedia...
    - Batman to cover dark (and light I guess) and provide an extra delay (I really wish he was bind proof and not just half-bind proof)

Team info:
    - No +eggs :(
    - U&Y, SQ, Susano are max skilled
    - I have badpys if I need to skill up batman and bubpys for neptune if needed.

Other option:
    - I could cover dark with DKali or Red Odin (which would free the Neptune spot)
    - I do have Viper Orochi.. but skill lvl 1 is gonna be touch to charge up...

Thoughts?

16. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Um, possible but very hard? Susano helps with Threedia, but bursting him down even over several turns is tough. You'd probably use one of your delays here (but if Threedia binds yous subs for two turns, you're in trouble--might have to hit that 50% with Batman). If you get the one-turn delay, you can likely take him down with SQ. But then you reach the boss, and I don't think you can burst him down in just a turn or two, so you probably have to last some time, using your Batman for help. Maybe even stall until SQ is up again.

For other ideas, see the posts above.

17. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    This is true, but unless the high res is super important, it leads to slower page load times if you're dealing with a page that has a lot of images than if you size them down a bit first.

For instance, it's probably not really necessary to upload the full size image of every dungeon KO or godfest result.

400xDeviceDependent is probably plenty large enough to convey the idea.

18. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That was I was also afraid of...
    Maybe:

19. Xantim

Xantim Member

Can I get added to the userlist?
    Hypermax U&Y set as permanent lead
    IGN: Xaf
    Max level Lmeta as alternate leader.

20. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I think that looks more promising, if Rodin's poison works fast enough (I don't know poisons very well). Susano on Threedia, Orochi to finish it off, Rodin on the next, SQ on the boss (can also use SQ on the wave before Threedia if you want).

There's still a lot that has to work out in your favor--like I said, if Threedia binds Orochi for 2 turns instead of 1, you're in trouble. And a lot of this stuff hits pretty hard, so you better make big matches and hope you don't run out of hearts.

Orochi being unskilled should be okay. Stalling an extra 5 turns on the first couple waves is the least of your problems.