[Team Building] Umisachi & Yamasachi 2.0

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by 0never, Oct 5, 2014.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  2. Ginka

Ginka Just one more roll....!

U&Y is my first descend team. I have the ideal subs, just they are low on eggs(+ 100~) and skill ups. I enjoy playing them even if I get orb trolled. My question is since you're mainly a blue team, do you even attempt dungeons with grass bosses? I've cleared about 5 of the descend challenges so far, and am staring at green Zeus.

I may have been spoiled with a dark Robu team not being mitigated damage wise, but green Zeus has 8 million hp.... Like holy crap do you even brute force it or skip?

3. hanacker

hanacker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA: 340447281 JP 225800764
    PADherder:
    link
    The nice thing about Umi&Yama is that it's really easy to not go all blue if you have the subs. For Zeus-Dios I used two green subs and two dark. If you pop a Sun Quan first thing, you can probably still brute force through him with a blue team, though.

4. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've cleared almost every non-legend plus descended with my U&Y team.
    Grass or Concret doesn't matter... I just needed to be more careful for Grass ones.

Here's my run summary for Zeus Dios Mythical:
    https://www.padherder.com/user/kandjar/teams/#88865

EDIT: Note that I didn't have any +eggs on my team when I cleared it.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  5. Roaz

Roaz Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Honestly I feel like the worst green monsters are when they show up as sub-bosses rather than actual bosses. Like Artemis in Vulcan or Threedia in C9s.

6. Ginka

Ginka Just one more roll....!

Ah okay. I was teetering on switching over to L.kali, but I like the flavor of U&Y more. I'll keep working on them,since the team is pretty developed already. The encouragements helped.

7. 0never

0never Retired!

It's actually a pretty decent dark cover.
    The downside is his HP is super low, like 2.1k or something, doesn't help when the average U&Y team's HP is already low.

Personally I just brute force Dios with my usual team (blue heavy). A good U&Y + SQ spike usually kills him, if not I still have 2 more turns of SQ delay to clean up.

The biggest danger in Dios is the 1st floor imo, if you can get a Kali up on the 1st turn it should be a safe descend. Might also want to bring an Odin to heal yourself on Hera so you have enough HP for Dios pre-emptive, then you can just U&Y active Hera dead without worrying about healing.

8. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Didn't know about that stone dragon ultimate either... gotta collect em all. The resist switchers actually have uses too.

9. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

Zeus Dios isn't too bad. It used to be harder before the U&Y uvo since the first floor could present a bit of a challenge - two prong helps a lot. You can delay Dios on the first turn, and it's possible to 1 shot him. It is definitely possible to clear all of the mythical green heavy dungeons with U&Y, even if most of your team is blue.

10. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    I was thinking like...since u/y fills the board with blue and green and not just blue, i can possibly cover 2 bases like a wood and water heavy team

Since I don't want to go full ra/horus rainbow and want something close to a 1-2 color team, maybe like

uy
    sharon/sieg
    godin
    gzl
    something like ceres maybe

I have yomi and stuff, but lately I feel like I've only ran yomi for the coverage and extends, I want something that can actually help me out

Actually I almost feel compelled to run yomi because of the lack of extends

though ive hovered at the idea of running like....kali, indra, okuni, and just turning it into a multicolor utility ish team, but those kinds of teams felt so disjointed to me

11. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

I've found GZL useful for dungeons where you want to avoid skill bind resist, but other than that I don't really use him.

12. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Zeus Dios was fine, but I'm worried about Zhao Yun. I'm trying to clear all Challenge Descends with U&Y, and I've got that one left, plus the rushes. I think I'm less worried about the rushes.

U&Y's active makes green subs reasonable, yeah. But I think on average you're still better off focusing on blue because:

1) You can prioritize getting blue on the board, e.g., by saving some red orbs.

2) You can prioritize making 4-orb blue attacks after U&Y's active, since it can be trickier to try and get lots of 4-orb matches for both blue and green.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  13. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    Kk

Im thinkin....

U/y
    Sharon or sieg
    Pqf hera or siren
    Sandal - skilling him up atm
    Dd yomi

Or i suppose i can run indra over sandal till i get more blue healers

Or izanagi

14. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Never mind, I followed @0never's guide and used delay, and it wasn't so bad. Aside from some scariness on the boss.

3: Easy stalling. I think maybe I popped a U&Y active for the kill.
    4: Popped Sun Quan for safety and killed Divinegon, trying to save up some hearts.
    5: Never ran out of hearts through the 5 turns of skill bind (it could have been exciting otherwise). Popped Orochi for an easy kill. Tried to make sure there'd be leftover light and dark orbs going into the boss fight.
    6: Sun Quan was up just in time--I should have planned that more carefully. Popped one U&Y and made a decent attack (only had 7 blue orbs available) to knock him below 50%. But I messed up and only made sure to save 2 light orbs. Without any more falling, I was on my own.

I ended up stalling for a couple turns 'cuz I had trouble getting the light orbs, plus I got greedy, hoping to get more than 6 blue/red on the board (which I failed to get). Finally went for the kill. Used Bodin to deal a bit of dark damage. Then popped the other U&Y and made a 7-combo with just one blue match, but I miscalculated slightly so it was a 3-orb blue match instead of 4-orb. I was kinda worried I'd leave him with a sliver of health, but I got some skyfalls for a guaranteed kill.

15. 0never

0never Retired!

Grats on the Zhao Yun victory. Hardest descend for U&Y imo (not counting rushes and challenge dungeons).

After reading your notes, how you chained SQ -> Orochi -> SQ for the 3 most problematic floors, I think double delay is better than my method of just bringing a lot of U&Ys and Kalis. With an LKali where your LMeta is, that's probably the optimal lineup for this descend imo.

No no no no no.... you should worry about the rushes way more than Zhao Yun.

In particular the God Rush is extremely difficult to 0-stone with U&Y. There's a world of problems, most of them related to Dios, pre-emptives, the green color, overweight dragons, U&Y teams having low HP (you actually want the B/B Orochi over the B/R here).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  16. Toasted_Rofls

Toasted_Rofls Fire-N-Stuff

User ID:
    345-694-249
    I mean, with an SQ boost, a +99 attack U&Y, and a couple blue TPA matches and good overall matching, you can actually burst through the Extremely (Obese) Metal Dragon.... it's just that shit ain't reliable because you need a decent number of water orbs to pull it off, and you have to burn an SQ active as well.

For people who are totally insane though, and deadset on reliably defeating the Mega Metal Fatty, there is a solution... GZL. Yes, GZL. They added a 50% armor break to his active for some reason (maybe this was it?), and he slots into a U&Y team without sacrificing too much in terms of stats or awakenings (though his HP is rather mediocre). After popping a GZL active, Ultra Curvy Metal Fatso has his defense dropped down from it's usual, ridiculous 1.5 million down to a far more reasonable 750K. Since GZL's active gives Attackers 2x for a turn, and because he has double TPA's, if you make double wood TPA matches along with a U&Y proc, you are looking at massive multiplier for GZL, coming off his equally massive attack stat. You'll kill the Goliath Super High BMI Metal Reptile no problem... probably. It's certainly a better solution then bringing ROdin, IMO.

TL,DR: If you want to kill the Extreme Metal Dragon with a U&Y team, GZL might be the answer.

17. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yeah, I'm 650 hp short of the pre-emptive with my default team. Figure I'll try it with DIza in Bodin's spot. Less firepower, but ah well.

The alternative is to go ahead and feed hypermax Zeus to Sun Quan. I'm planning to do that sometime, but maybe not quite yet...

18. Leilan4dayz

Leilan4dayz New Member

Cleared all of Descended Challenge with U&Y!!!!! Took numerous days and multiple hours of frustration.

Beat God Rush with U&Y / Susano / D Kali / Orochi / SQ / U&Y, only plus eggs were +297 leads

Beat Dragon Rush on my 5th attempt with U&Y / Izanagi / SQ / Orochi / D Kali / U&Y, +297 U&Ys were only leads.
    Stall until Threedia, use Izanagi on first turn, knocked him down to 30%, then used D Kali + U&Y active for the kill
    Got Fat Dragon and used SQ to kill
    Used Orochi on Zaerog and killed on 4th turn

Extremely frustrating and hard, but so satisfying when I finally beat it. It's possible!

hanacker and 0never like this.
  19. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Congratulations! I've got all but Dragon Rush done now. Just cleared God Rush on the first try with DIza, but it was a tense run.

The Gaia fight took way longer than it should have, and I was thankful to have DIza around for the first two waves.

2: Had a scary moment where Athena was just above 50%, I had one turn of DIza left, and I'd popped a U&Y active. This meant I had to either whiff intentionally or go for the kill 'cuz if it took two turns to kill her, DIza wouldn't be up for Dios' pre-emptive and I would be dead. After really careful planning, I went for a bigish match. I think I got some skyfalls to seal the deal, but hopefully I would have made it without them.

3: Popped Sun Quan and the second U&Y active and one-shot Dios (or two, I forget). This left Orochi up for mystery wave 4.

4: Got Beelz. Decided I didn't want to deal with his crap, so I popped Orochi immediately and just ground him down.

5: On the negative side, I reached the boss with 5 turns till Sun Quan would be up again. On the positive side, DIza and LMeta were both available. I just popped DIza immediately and had relatively easy stalling. After activiating Sun Quan, I had to spend one turn clearing jammers. Then I popped U&Y and spent forever agonizing over the board before going for the killing blow. I left him with a sliver of health, but fortunately I had one more turn and a solvable board. I almost forgot that I needed to make a 6-combo. Man, that would have sucked...

hanacker and 0never like this.
  20. 0never

0never Retired!

@Leilan4dayz
    Congrats on the full sweep! Definitely an impressive achievement.
    And it's nice to see I'm not the only one who runs a bunch of delays and enhances for the rushes.

I thought you were part of team Leilan though...

@MisterDrgn
    Congrats on your victory too. Just 1 more to go!
    I personally feel Dragon Rush is probably a bit easier than God Rush. You beat that previous c9 with U&Y, it's very similar to that.

Dios is the main problem, both his pre-emptive and his orb-trolling attacks. Athena normally isn't too bad, but Dios makes Athena hard because you need to exit on high HP, which means you also need to heal a lot on the turn you kill her (unless you insta-kill her from full before she can hit you, which is what I did).

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015