[Team Building] Umisachi & Yamasachi 2.0

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by 0never, Oct 5, 2014.

1. 0never

0never Retired!

Ok here's the full sweep.

Difficulty:
    God Rush > Dragon Rush >> Zhao Yun > Zeus Mercury > Thoth & Sopdet > Sandalphon = Zeus Vulcan = Zeus Dios = Noah >> rest of the easy stuff.

[​IMG]
    (Click for larger image)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    Anima@PF likes this.
  2. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

I was so close to beating challenge god rush last night - I got Satan down to 15% health but ended up with only two dark orbs and took a world's end. If only I had a board to activate I feel like I would have taken Zeus because I had SQ and Batman ready as well as two U&Y actives. Sucks that this dungeon is 99 stamina. Looks like I'll have to finish skilling up Orochi as I see him being used often in late game dungeons.

3. 0never

0never Retired!

Sorry to hear that. It took me like 3 runs to beat the God Rush this time too.

The worst was when I Sandalphon + U&Y spiked Athena dead immediately, then 2nd U&Y on the next turn (Sandalphon 2x still active) and killed Dios, like everything was working out perfectly.... and then Beelz pre-emptive killed me. Seems like unless I have 21902+ HP, I can't survive both pre-emptives even under 35% damage reduction.

I think beating God Rush with U&Y is the sort of think you do once just to prove you can.
    For practical farming you would use something like Hades, very brainless and easy clears because you 75% resist every single monster in the dungeon except Athena, which you have elemental advantage against. Minerva probably 2nd easiest.

4. supralover23

supralover23 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hmm, should I roll for DKali this fest or save up stones for some future GF where she might be at a higher rate?

5. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Very nice; congratz!!!

On my side, I've cleared everything (with various team leaders) but the Dragon Rush.
    It seems that I could maybe clear DR with U&Y team.

Out of curiosity, what's your light sub on this team?

6. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Alright, cleared Ultimate Dragon Rush on the second try. Not bad--two deaths overall for Challenge Descends (other was a stupid mistake on Zeus Vulcan). Also got five drops on this dungeon, heh. Saves me the trouble of leveling and evolving a Heavy Metal Dragon to evo Light Sonia.

First run: Used Orochi on Threedia, like I did in C9. Got Dark Fagan and immediately had no idea what to do--try to stall out the limited movement time, try to one-shot with Sun Quan, or try to one-shot without Sun Quan. Overall I was kinda indecisive, I forgot about the limited time and missed a heal, and I died.

Second run: Was thinking about using Sun Quan on Threedia and then Orochi on the mystery wave, or even one-shot the mystery wave with the second turn of SQ. But instead I got a bunch of strong hits against Threedia, used a well-timed U&Y active, and managed to kill it without using either delay. This made the final two waves much easier.

3: Didn't wanna deal with the red dragon. Popped U&Y and one-shot.

4: Ground down the blue dragon. I ended up almost killing it early on, which allowed me to finish it off without activating 25x, so I could save the orbs I wanted for Threedia.

5: Hit Threedia as hard as possible, making sure hearts were available for the big heals. Bodin's active helped as well. LMeta provided instant bind recovery. This was the first time I killed Threedia without delay.

6: Ran into dark Fagan again. Stalled a turn or two, then popped Orochi to run through the limited movement time while getting in some hits to take him down.

7: Popped Sun Quan and two-shot the boss.

Awesome, congrats! Umi&Yama ain't too bad. I'm gonna post my clears in the R&A thread when I get around to uploading them.

Going back to our earlier debate, I think the dungeon would have been easier if you'd brought DIza instead of DKali. Just sayin' :p

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  7. Anima@PF

Anima@PF New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow, looking at this thread, I really want a U+Y. How many rolls did it take you all to get one? :O

8. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I'm just missing Viper O to make many of these teams people are throwing together for legend+ content.

9. hanacker

hanacker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA: 340447281 JP 225800764
    PADherder:
    link
    She'll probably never be at a significantly higher rate, but she's so rare that it never makes sense to roll just for her unless you're willing to spend hundreds of dollars (maybe even $1000+ if you're unlucky) on stones. Roll if you like the pantheon gods at 3x; don't roll if you don't. But don't make the decision based on DKali.

10. supralover23

supralover23 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm non-IAP, so the question is really just do I throw my accumulated stones at her now or wait for slightly elevated rates.

There aren't really any monsters I need in this pantheon, or any other for that matter.

11. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    If the only monster in the game that you want is DKali, then you should probably just stop rolling.

Also, I will argue till the day I die that delay and damage reduction are better than board clear in many cases. Still wish I had a Kali for Devil Rush and the like.

Honestly? One. There was a godfest that looked especially appealing 'cuz of Umi&Yama, and I got them on the first roll. But don't expect that to happen. Unless you're a heavy IAPer or you roll regularly for months and months, it's all about being flexible and working with what you can get. At this point there is a huge number of monsters who are very viable leads for the late-game.

12. hanacker

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    But are they better than unbindable low-cooldown board changers with two skill boosts and two time extends?

Answer: Sometimes! Or, why not both? That's the reason my U&Y team always ends up way too dark.

13. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Agreed on the "sometimes." Skill boost and time extend are things you don't need unless you do. It's like hp--hp is critical until you get the amount you need for a dungeon, but once you get above that point I'd say it's the least valuable stat (though hardly useless).

Actually the delay monsters (Orochi and Sun Quan) are pretty solid for skill boost.

14. hanacker

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well yeah, if you have a Sun Quan, you're running her on your U&Y team, period. I almost feel that way about D Kali, but I guess there are some situations where Dark Izanami makes more sense.

15. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    very nice; out of curiosity, how many +eggs does your team has?

16. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yeah, I don't think there's any debate about Sun Quan. It's more about the dark and light spots, and monsters like Orochi.

I get beat on every time I criticize the Kalis, so probably I should just give it a rest.

It's a fairly high +egg team. Hypermax U&Y and LMeta (though +attack on LMeta is less valuable), and +80 on Bodin.

I'm actually planning on investing a lot more +eggs in the team. Between that and Bodin's triple TPA, it should be possible in the future to just thwomp Threedia.

17. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So without counting, most non-REM stuff, in term of delay sub, I have:
    - max skilled Echidna
    - max skilled Cao cao
    - max skilled SQ
    - D/L Batman (which i can py to max skill him)
    - almost max skilled Oku
    - Viper Orochi (sadly, still unskilled)
    - L. Wee Jas

In term of damage reduction ones, I have:
    - max skilled Kushinada
    - max skilled Susano
    - DMeta (same comment as for D/L Batman, can be py-ed)
    - D. Izanagi
    - Indra

And I also have a max skilled D.Kali.

According to your comment, I shouldn't run D.Kali as a staple sub in my U&Y team???

18. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Make sense.
    I only have U&Y w/ ~100 +eggs... and notthing else on the other subs, maybe a rough dungeon to take on with that team :)
    (although, I cleared up C9s w/o these +eggs)

Makes perfect sense.

19. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I'm not gonna go there. You should select the team based on the dungeon you're running.

Overall, I think DKali is great for removing risk from a dungeon run. However, he doesn't actually add anything (aside from time extension, which you may or may not need). That is, aside from helping you get solvable boards, he doesn't increase your damage output or help you to stay alive longer. So if you want consistent dungeon runs, he's nice. If you want to run dungeons at the edge of your ability, where every active is critical to helping you stay alive, then you may be better off replacing him with someone else and trusting luck/skill (and skill plays a big role here) to help you get solvable boards when you need them.

Although even there, I think I'm being unfair to delay/damage reduction, as they can also improve your consistency by giving you time to get solvable boards. I've been running Umi&Yama a lot lately, including all the Challenge Descends, and I basically never run into a situation where I need a solvable board immediately and can't get it, though luck may be a factor there.

(NOTE: For dungeons where you need full board change due to full board poison or the like, he's obviously really good. Also, it's possible I have no idea what I'm talking about since I don't have a DKali personally. :) )

PS: Orochi is sooo damn good on an Umi&Yama team. It's ridiculous. 5 extra turns to finish off the enemy, plus 5 turns to get your other skills back up (including Sun Quan, for more delay shenannigans). And he brings much-needed hp and double TPA. Consider investing in yours.

Ultimate Dragon Rush is arguably an easier version of the last C9. At least Threedia is easier (doesn't hit as hard). So it's certainly possible you could clear it.

20. supralover23

supralover23 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I guess the question is what else are you going to use your dark slot on instead? The main choices are what,

DKali (unbindable, +1s, 2 skill boosts, board refresh)
    BOdin (3 skill boosts, 3 TPA, major stats)
    Yomi (+1s, CTW)
    AHades (40% blind resist, skill boost, 2 TPA, mini-CTW)
    DIza (35% damage reduction for 3 turns)

Am I missing any? DKali and BOdin look like the top options by far.