[Team Building] Umisachi & Yamasachi 2.0

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by 0never, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Roaz

Roaz Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I don't actually think U&Y is particularly unfriendly to non-iap anymore. It was somewhat true before but with how the game has changed it isn't really true anymore. I think it would be more fair to call them beginner unfriendly. Difference being that U&Y has a viable sub pool 2-3 times bigger than Awoken Horus. Non-iap shouldn't mean you don't get any REM cards, there are enough free stones given out that you can still roll a decent amount, it just means you shouldn't count on getting specific REM cards. U&Y can use so many different subs well.

2. Cery

Cery Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I guess you're right that beginner unfriendly would be a better way to put it. I thought of them as being REM-dependent mainly because they have no time extend awakening, and imo it’s kind of hard to play U&Y with 0 time extends. There aren’t too many good farmable U&Y subs with time extend.

3. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The silver lining here is that they are adding more and more time extends to subs as time goes on. Meaning you have more chances to pull something with a time extend. It's hardly a guarantee. It's definitely better than it used to be; At one point it was Yomi or nothing. They've since added a tremendous amount of time extends, and released new cards that have expanded U&Ys sub pool. Making it slightly easier to pull something useful.

4. Seym

Seym Sparkle, Sparkle, Sunshine!

User ID:
    321 983 244
    I agree for the non-iap argument. Gungho are pushing for Rem teams a lot more. The only card that is close to her max potential with only farmable subs is Kirin. Awoken Horus is forcing gods or devils on players for that lone purpose. It reduce his sub pool a lot and kill most non-iap options.
    On another note, I'm somehow experienced with the game and tried to use a baby uy team but no +time was such a pain. He is really good though and definitely doesn't need a buff. Better keep it for when he starts to be weak. The team I used was this one: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...0.0.0.6..1221.99.1.0.0.0.7..1297.99.1.0.0.0.7
    I failed a lot of matches because all my teams have 2 fingers =/

5. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I maybe alone on this line of thought.... but I don't feel that Awoken Horus is going to shadow U&Y...
    He's good, no doubt, and It's true that a 4 turn orb enhancement which will boost the leader skill by 1.5x is quite nice; but on the other hand, you have a nice set of sub with U&Y which have double TPAs and with the use of SQ you get in the 100x multiplier which is quite insane.

With 100 +eggs on my U&Y and a 297 +eggs friend leader, I managed to do over 8M or 9M damage (estimated since I OHKO Threedia)

That said; since I'm no Horus expert (and just got him two GF ago); my argument may be flawed :)

6. Gargoyle242

Gargoyle242 Blender Addict

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was fortunate enough to roll a BMeta and I've been using her on my U&Y team rather than LMeta.

7. 0never

0never Retired!

Done.

I think maybe it would be a good idea if I made a google docs spreadsheet or something for this, so people can add and update their own info without needing to ask me to do it.

8. Roaz

Roaz Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    If the forum supports embedding spreadsheets it would definitely be the best way. Even just a link is probably better though.

9. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Yeah, BMeta definitely beats LMeta on a U&Y team. Although for people who hypermaxed their LMeta's, I'd just bring her anyway.

Sorry, but that would be nice.

Gargoyle242 likes this.
  10. Toasted_Rofls

Toasted_Rofls Fire-N-Stuff

User ID:
    345-694-249
    Thanks.

Also, I noticed you put me down as "always up", but some other people are marked down as "always up in slot 1" or "always up in slot 2". Just out of curiosity, is their some difference between these three things which I am unaware of? Does it make any difference at all?

11. 0never

0never Retired!

No difference. Just some people specified to me which slot they have the leader on.

12. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Slot 1 means team slot 1 and is always up, slot 2 will change depending on the leader of the team you last used or last displayed in your edit teams screen.

13. Toasted_Rofls

User ID:
    345-694-249
    Huh. O.k. I just leave mine in slot 1 because that's easiest, but I wanted to make there wasn't something I was missing here.

O.k, that makes sense.... but why would you have your U&Y in slot 2 if you had them up 100% of the time? I assume it's because they have another lead they also leave up constantly that already occupies slot 1, but once again, there could be something I'm missing.

I always thought you put what you wanted to leave up always in slot 1, and then your slot 2 lead would switch around with what you where currently playing. Is that incorrect?

14. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    No that's correct. Put in team slot 1 what you always want to be visible (generally your highest PAL point earner) then slot 2 will occupy whatever you last used or last viewed in team selection. It's a good practice to make sure your second highest PAL earner is up when you're done playing.

15. Toasted_Rofls

User ID:
    345-694-249
    Ah, alright then. I try to leave whatever monster I think will be most useful on that particular day up in my second slot... which I guess is sort of the same thing as putting up the lead with the most potential to earn Pal Points.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I had some spare stamina, so I decided to run Hera Beorc with my general purpose U&Y team, just to see what would happen. I messed up my comboing on the first run and got murdered by the Leviathan because apparently those wood orbs didn't get lined up the way I thought they did, but on the second run, I had no problems. It was a remarkably smooth clear, not quite Hera-Is levels of "I'ma farm this shit half asleep", but still surprisingly, well, easy.

Is Hera-Beorc supposed to be this straightforward clear with a water heavy team? Last time I beat it was with L/L Ra, but he makes basically everything feel challenging, so I'm not actually sure how hard this dungeon is typically thought to be.

Well then, that all aside, I've now cleared the original Hera, Hera-Is, Hera-Sowilo, and now Beorc with my U&Y team. All I have left to run is Ur and Hera Rush. Well, probably just Ur. I don't have a Kushi, or any other good damage tanker for that matter, so I'm not even sure Rush is possible right now. Also, I suck at this game, and to call Hera Rush a dungeon with little room for bad playing would be something of an understatement. But Ur? Me and her have an unresolved feud, as she's the only Mythical so far I just seem to have no luck with clearing. I've zero stoned all the Zeus dungeons with U&Y, and I've zero stoned all the regular Hera dungeons as well save Ur. What is the typical strategy for taking on Ur with U&Y exactly? I thought about trying an megacheese team that has Ama on it to deal with Ur's stupid 10 turn water bind bullshit, but then I have to invest in Ama, and since this isn't 2012, I feel like Ama is not a good use of my light EXP and Tama.

Wait, can I just bring an LKali and just use LKali -> U&Y -> SQ? Shit, that might work. Is there a reason that would not work?

16. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Hera-Beorc doesn't have high-hp green monsters, so I think there's no reason a blue team can't handle it. The main tricky part is fighting the boss with skill bind. Congrats on the clear.

I actually tried to get cute and brought weird subs to get a 100% skill bind resist U&Y team (wish I had a Chester). It failed horribly a couple times. Then I switched to my default team, stalled out the skill bind, and it was fine.

If you bring an LKali for the boss, Here-Ur should be fine. You don't even need to use SQ on Hera-Ur--the boss is red with low hp, so any decent U&Y attack will kill her.

Alternatives include Ama (as you mentioned), or the way I did it this time--use Orochi on Minerva and gather 6 light and 6 dark orbs onto the board, so you can use half of them on Minerva and half on the boss.

Look out for wave 2 and the pre-emptive on wave 4. I think those are the scariest parts of the dungeon, if you're prepared for the boss.

17. Gargoyle242

Gargoyle242 Blender Addict

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Current U&Y team:
    Sachi+297, B Meta, Artemis+69, D Meta, Orochi b/b(soon to be b/r)

18. 0never

0never Retired!

Yeah it's pretty straight forward if you have a proper team. And I don't mean a resist skill bind team, you don't need that stuff, just have as much RCV as you can (GOdin best sub for this descend).

Hera Rush with U&Y is mostly a stall-fest. You force the first few floors with U&Y actives and SQ too if Fat King, then you stall for a year on Beroc and stall for a year on Sowilo. Have Kushinada, Genie or whatever to tank DQ, have a lot of skill boosts, have a Kali if you don't want to bet on luck against Ur.

Typical strategy is just to bring a Kali. Ama would work too, but you will need to stall a craploads of turns on floor 1. If nothing else you can try Mastering lol.

19. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    The reason not to put your most-used team in Slot 1 is that, if you are using them to run dungeons, your friends will see that leader twice, instead of seeing two different ones.

When you were finished you'd have to remember to swap to a different team to keep 2 different options up for your friend.

If you keep your most heavily used team in a different slot, then you can put whatever else you want to have up into Team 1 and still be sharing 2 different leaders.

20. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Following up on the Challenge Descends, I ran the Hera Challenge dungeons with U&Y. With Hera Rush, I've now cleared all rushes except Devil Rush, which will probably be a big pain without a good full board changer.

There were two deaths on Hera Beorc because I tried to use a wonky skill bind resist team. I switched to my regular team and just stalled through the skill bind.

I thought I might need a few tries on Hera Rush, but all the RNG went my way (see below), and it was smooth sailing.

Hera-Ur: The boss can be scary here without a Kali. My strat is to pop Orochi on the wave before and use all that extra time to save up six light orbs and six dark orbs. That way I can kill Minerva and pretty much guarantee a solvable board for the boss.

Hera Rush:

1: You really want a solvable board vs. Hera-Ur. If you don't get it, you'd have to pop DIza after getting bound and then try to get a row of hearts to speed up the unbinding process. I got a strong, solvable board.

(NOTE: With this setup, U&Y actives are up on round two, so not early enough for that first attack on Hera-Ur, but early enough for Hera-Is.)

2: Again, you want a solvable board. LMeta can buy you an extra turn if you didn't use her the wave before. I got a solvable board, plus Hera-Is was on a 2-turn counter.

3: If you get Extreme King it's harder...probably good to stall for Sun Quan in that case. I got Hera.

4: I stalled for a decent board and popped Sun Quan.

5: Idea is wait for a decent solvable board (she eliminates dark half the time). Then pop DIza + LMeta to heal up + U&Y and go for the kill. If you have to two-shot or even three-shot her, it's fine, as long as DIza is still up.

I actually whiffed my killing blow against Hera-Sowilo on the first attempt. This is really good because I also forgot to heal, so the boss pre-emptive would have killed me. Glad it worked out ;)

6: Orochi + kill.

sunglassesmichael and 0never like this.