[Team Building] v3.3 Arbiter of Judgement, Metatron (Updated 3/10/16)

Discussion in 'Archived Guides' started by Jolo0213, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Arbiter of Judgement
    [​IMG]
    Metatron

Coming Soon
    Table of Contents
    Sections in RED are links to quick jump to the post where that section starts to minimize scrolling.

I. Introduction
    II. Gameplay

i. Row Enhances
    ii. Skill Boosts
    iii. Skill Bind Resist
    iv. Latent Awakenings
    v. Managing Health​
    III. Team Building
    i. Leader & Pairings
    ii. Subs
    a. Dark Cards
    b. Situational Options
    c. Non God/Attacker
    d. Water Cards
    e. Fire Cards
    iii. Team Compositions
    iv. Advanced Building
    a. Skill-Ups
    b. +Eggs​
    IV. Dungeons
    i. Normal
    ii. Technical
    iii. Weekday
    iv. Challenge​
    V. Descends
    VI. Friend List
    VII. Helpful Links
    VIII. Change Log
    IX. Guide Contributions
    X. Closing Remarks

Introduction

Hello, my name is Jolo and I’ve been playing PAD for a little more than 650 days now. I am slight IAP having bought only a few packs but put those towards box space and some on farming Tamadras, monster EXP from Super Kings, and a little to plus eggs. Coming from this viewpoint, I was thrilled to get DMeta back in May 2014 as my first “endgame” god.

I know a lot of what it is like to play as non-IAP and not have ideal teams. Pandora no longer eludes me, but checking out videos has shown me that although off color, Apocalypse a solid sub for DMeta. Skill boost and skill bind resist are very welcome, and he has a nice fat HP stat to complement the team. More on him later.

I love using this card to attempt to beat descends and other aspects of the game. The previous topic had so much to offer in terms of strategy and different builds. While it is great, a lot of it is outdated as DMeta’s ultimate active skill helps alleviate some of its previous form’s problems of getting in the zone. The new leader skill also opens up the usable sub pool a whole lot, and a lot of off-color cards I’ve used to complete descends and help snipe when stalling (GZL, Kushi, LMeta, etc.). Her newest update on NA completely opens up her sub pool and makes Dark focused team building the color of choice.

I hope you guys will find this guide useful and I’ll do my best to update it as much as I can and add strategies to share for those who love using this sort of team in game. A lot more content has opened up since the previous guide was last updated. Much more is here now and we have a lot more usable options. There are coin dungeons, challenge dungeons, challenge descends, and these things I hope to help you guys 0 stone with the guide in order to help those who are non-IAP save the stones for fun things like rolling on godfests/collab REMs or opening up more box space.

Gameplay

DMeta is a very powerful card, capable of completing many Mythical descends and Legend+ dungeons assuming you’ve obtained enough plus eggs from playing. Her leader multiplier may not be the highest at first glance, at only 16x from both leaders, but the benefit to God and Attacker types, cards typically with the highest attack stats in game, coupled with many row enhance awakenings lead to a very powerful team. She has recently received a buff for her leader skill massively increasing the team's HP pool, which is only further expanded by Latent Awoken skills. There's definitely more potential for her to push Legend+ and higher challenge dungeons. The newest buff has allowed her to shine not only as a row based team but also as one that can work with TPAs or a hybrid of both.

DMeta can achieve about a 29x multiplier for Dark attribute cards in the zone. That's it, you just need to be under 50% HP. No matching a certain number of combos and no restrictions based on the type of the monster. As long as they are Dark in the right zone, you can get that big 29x boost. The latest update which is her current state over on the Japan servers is the addition of a skill bind resist, a much needed awoken skill that vastly increases the flexibility of her sub pool and drops the need for all the subs to have that awoken skill otherwise.

Row Enhancements
    [​IMG]
    A lot of the extra power comes from the row enhancement awoken skill. When you make a row of orbs of one color, you get an additional 10% damage boost. This stacks up too! So if you have 5 row enhancements on the team, that's an increase of 50%, very nifty, and pushes your effective multiplier to near double since most DMeta teams tend to have 8+ row enhances on top of other awoken skills.

Here is a way to break down the damage calculation:
    You can get an accurate total God/Attacker ATK from PADHerder if you keep on up to date and make a team with appropriate plus eggs. It'll also show your ATK there with the leader multiplier, but this way you can factor in combos and orb enhance.

Two-Pronged Attack (TPA)
    [​IMG]
    What used to be mostly associated with Awoken Kagu and Liu Bei triple dongers, the single TPA has been present in some key DMeta subs for awhile: Hanzo, Persephone, Haku all had one and Gryps even had the double TPA. But now things have changed. Double TPA has become more prevalent in Dark cards, and while rows will still be a primary focus of Dark DMeta teams, the extra TPAs found in subs will be great. Each TPA gives a 1.5x attack boost to cards that have the awoken skill. These multipliers stack though, so 1.5 x 1.5 = 2.25 for sub with double TPA. If you are trying to conserve orb changers, these will help wipe trash floors or chunk down enemies HP without popping all your actives. Gryps, Awoken Hades, PAD Island Pandora and DValk are all strong double TPA subs that have pretty fast cooldowns and have one or even two rows! Keep an eye out for Persephone as she'll also have double TPA and double Dark rows. The new leaderskill has given an opportunity for Satsuki, a triple TPA sub to shine especially since she can also combo her actie with Haku.

Skill Boosts
    [​IMG]
    Skill boosts are another factor in helping DMeta teams. When unskilled, some monsters have some fairly longer cooldowns. You don't want to wait 14 turns for Haku to be up. In a 5 floor descend, you might not be able to afford to stall that long. This is where skill boosts come in. Each skill boost awoken skill on a team will reduce the amount of turns you need before that card's skill is ready, but only for the first go. For example, you have two max awoken DMeta leads and a Hanzo on a team. DMeta is max skilled and so is Hanzo. There's 7 skill boosts just from the three of them. DMeta and Hanzo will be ready right from the get-go, but once you use their skills, you'll have to wait 7 and 5 turns respectively. For short descends and dungeons, this is great, and couples with why it will be really important to skill up your subs.

Skill Bind Resist
    [​IMG]
    Skill bind is becoming more common in descends, especially when Orb invades are happening during the many frequent events. It's really important to know what you're up against and preparing to face descends with this mechanic can be tough. If you have the ability to stall out and keep healing through a skill bind duration, that's great! But what if it's a 99 turn skill bind? You'll run out of Dark orbs eventually, and you won't be able to use your damage reducing actives to help you stall either. That's where this awoken skill comes in handy. Each one on the team gives the entire team 20% skill bind. Stacking 5 will make you fully immune, so any more than that is unnecessary.

Latent Awakenings
    These are a newer feature to PAD which add slight boosts to a team in the form of an extra 5 of these awoken skills per monster. Each monster can hold 5, and you can always feed new ones to a monster in which the oldest awoken skill gets replaced if there are more than 5. So far there is no guaranteed better set of these for a team. I'll go over the advantages of using certain latent awoken skills.

HP/ATK/RCV: Any of these can be good depending on the investment of plus eggs on the current monster. HP is great as you can tank more hits or bigger hits and it scales with the multiplier given by both leaders. Too much RCV can make overhealing risky unless you run with a lot of low RCV cards on your team.

Damage Resist: These can also help you tank hits, notably from 100% gravities or huge preemptive shots in harder dungeons. Aim for the colors of the monsters that do these attacks if you choose to go down this route.

Time Extend: Combo shields are more common in newer content, and you may find this useful as making rows to maximized damage while squeezing in combos in between rows can be difficult at times. This will give you more time to manipulate the orbs into a favorable arrangement when you make your move.

I believe some of the best combos would be to use are all Dark Resist latents, all HP Resist latents, or 1 of each color resist latent.

Managing Health
    A big part of the gameplay of DMeta teams is health management. Her leaderskill is a conditional 3x ATK when under 80% HP and 4x ATK when under 50% HP. Being under 50% sounds dangerous but with leveled and some plussed cards, DMeta teams can reach 50k HP, so being under 50% will put you around 20k-25k HP, which is where many other teams that are currently strong in the meta stand. Overhealing can mean game over if you have no way to survive the enemies attack even if you were to stone to continue. With that being said, there are many ways to control your health pool. Heartbreakers, HP reducers, damage reducers, poison orb makers, are just some of the ways you can manipulate your HP in order to take on the game’s dungeons with DMeta.

You’ll need to constantly save dark orbs in order to keep doing damage, so comboing to clear the board and orb changers are very important. Managing your cooldowns and dark orbs is key, but managing heart orbs becomes necessary later on too, where you will have to yo-yo from full health to nearly dead almost every floor on some descends just to keep going.

Pros:
    DMeta has a very powerful team compilation coming from the pool of Dark subs available. Also being Dark attribute means that her teams typically go unresisted (save for dark absorb skills on some descends). With fast orb changers like DValk and Hanzo, you can easily sweep through the normal and even technical dungeons. Her recent HP buff lets her be capable of taking on tougher and more recent dungeons even if not as many plus eggs have been invested into her team and the new open restriction on cards and increased multiplier give her huge damage potential.

Cons:
    Being primarily a mono-color and sometimes two-color team composition, DMeta is not an ideal team to take into dungeons that require all main attributes unless you happen to have the right subs with the needed subattributes. Combo shields are less of a problem now if you run a TPA based team, but her lack of many time extends on her subs can make achieving rows and combos harder. Big boards are harder to match rows on but should give more damage potential.

Team Building

Team building for DMeta has changed so much with the coming of her ultimate evolution. What used to be a limited good sub pool has expanded greatly when the allowance of God types and now unrestricted for the main bulk of damage. Most teams will focus on Dark because DMeta carries those rows, but other strong options will be hybrids of Dark/Water or Dark/Fire depending on your box. There are Light and Wood subs that are handy but the overall synergy just isn’t as good.

Monster format is going to look like this:
    The where obtained will be either which dungeon they come from or what REM they are from. If they can be obtained in a number of places, I mark it as Farmable, and if it belongs to a specific pantheon I will name that. Keep in mind that if it does belong to a pantheon it is REM only. I will add leader/active skills to leader and leader pairings and active skills to subs at a later time.

Leader & Pairings

Arbiter of Judgement, Metatron | Godfest Exclusive
    God/Attacker
    HP: 3530
    ATK: 1931
    RCV: 333
    Arbiter's Word: Dark attribute cards HP & ATK x1.35. All cards ATK x4 when HP is less than 50%. ATK x3 when HP is less than 80%.
    Dispelling Breath: (10 / 5) Enhance Dark orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board. 35% damage reduction for 1 turn.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The leader for your team. She herself is a great stat stick with a hefty HP and ATK and decent RCV. Her active is 35% damage reduction for 1 turn and enhance dark orbs. Useful for taking on preemptives and adding a little bit of oomph to your attack. The two leads together give 6 skill boosts, and even unskilled on a standard team she is usually ready at the start or within a turn. Having her skilled up makes her utility all the more useful and can get you ready on opening turns when your team is lacking skill boosts. She is 100% bind proof and can soak up bind attempts to Water and Dark. Two leads on their own have enough power to do T5 and some T6 farming on their own as long as they have the Dark orbs to keep hitting hard.

In most situations, you'll want to select another ultimate DMeta as your friend leader. This will give you the max attack bonus with the HP conditional. If you don't happen to have DMeta but want to pair with one, or don't have DMeta friends to use with yours, here are some other options.

arbiter of judgement, metatron | Special PAD REM Exclusive
    God/Attacker
    HP: 3230
    ATK: 1831
    arbiter's word: Dark attribute cards HP x 1.35. God & Attacker type cards ATK x4 when HP is less than 80%.
    Dispelling Breath: (10 / 5) Enhance Dark orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board. 35% damage reduction for 1 turn.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    With this being a Dark Metatron guide, we're gonna give a shoutout to chibi DMeta here. Her awoken skills leave much to be desired as you lose all your Skill Boosts and Dark Rows, only remaining unbindable, and having a TPA and Dark Orb enhance. Even so this chibi has solid stats with only 300 less HP and 100 less ATK. Unfortunately, she didn't receive the same leaderskill buff as her non-chibi counterpart, but still a strong lead and is great for a pure TPA team.

Wailing Bleak Night Goddess, Pandora | Heroes
    God/Devil
    HP: 2948
    ATK: 1374
    RCV: 509
    Disaster Strikes: ATK x2 when simultaneously clearing 4 connected Dark Orbs. ATK x0.5 for each additional orb, up to ATK x4 at 8 connected orbs.
    Secret Box: (13 / 8) Change Wood to Dark and Light to Heart.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Pairing with Pandora means you'll need to be constantly matching consecutive dark orbs and still stay under an HP threshold in order to get any multiplier. Her portion of the multiplier will apply to any card, but you're going to be needing more Dark orbs in order to keep pumping out damage. This can be used to your advantage if you want to stall and not overkill on a floor. She also has better damage scaling for 4 orb matches making her damage scaling more controllable.

Hell-Creating Archdemon, Lucifer | Archdemons
    Devil/Attacker
    HP: 2078
    ATK: 1706
    RCV: 554
    Dawn of a Dark Age: Attacker type cards HP x1.35, ATK x3.
    Evil Nova: (20 / 5) Deal 150000 Dark damage to all Light enemies. Affected by enemy element and defense. Enhance Dark orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Playing with this ultimate of Devil Lucifer will mean your team needs to be more geared around Attackers. He provides an unconditional 3x ATK to attackers meaning your max leader multiplier will only be 16x. His active is also an enhance so remember not to bring any more of those with you into the dungeon. He has an 1.35x HP multiplier too which can help you reach some HP thresholds and stall out longer.

Moonbeam Fang Witch, Lilith | Farmable
    Attacker/Devil
    HP: 1427
    ATK: 1458
    RCV: 608
    Lunatic Requiem: Attacker type cards ATK x3.
    Poison Mist: (15 / 10) Devil type cards ATK x1.5 for 1 turn. Inflict Poison damage equal to ATK x1 to all enemies every turn. Ignore enemy element and defense.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    D/L Lilith is another pairing you can use. She has the same ATK multiplier as Lucifer for Attackers, but her active will be useful if you're paired with her in the alt. dungeons to take out the the Pys (Piis? spelling?).

Hand of the Dark God, Metatron | Godfest Exclusive
    God/Attacker
    HP: 3230
    ATK: 1881
    Executioner Blitz: Attacker type cards ATK x4 when HP is less than 80%.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Of course, we can also fall back to the D/L DMeta. Ahh, brings back memories. Anyways, you'll still need to focus on Attackers since D/L DMeta doesn't boost God types, but you're back to the powerhouse 16x ATK boost with the same 80% or lower HP conditional. Her active was changed to match the ultimate so you can have the fast damage reduction or orb enhance. She lacks the new HP boost as well which is something to keep in mind.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    Pikachu22, Jchunksgt and uyr like this.
  2. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Subs
    I am covering a lot of typical options in this section of the guide, and also throwing in some potential solid filler options until you get better subs. If there’s someone here who you’ve found really useful that I haven’t elaborated upon, send me a PM or comment later on in the thread and I’ll add your feedback and try to come up with some stuff myself.

~ Dark ~
    The nature of DMeta is to focus on row enhances. With 4 just from the leaders, that's already a 40% damage increase from matching a single row of dark orbs. You'll want to prioritize subs with skill boosts and row boosts to increase the damage potential and have utility and fast orb changers up turn 1. Dark teams also have a greater advantage now as they will all benefit from the HP boost DMeta now provides. After the most recent change to her LS, TPA teams are very viable as subs like Satsuki are also now very strong.

Single Orb Changers

Moonlit Shadow, Hattori Hanzo | REM Only
    Attacker/Devil
    HP: 1389
    ATK: 1898
    RCV: 480
    Ninja Art Fr to Dk: (9 / 5) Change Fire to Dark.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Hanzo has always been a key sub for DMeta teams. At max skill, he’s a 5 turn orb change from Fire to Dark. He doesn’t have too many awakenings, but they’re all useful. Just him and two DMeta max skilled leads will have them up on turn 1. TPA gives a little extra burst if you want to conserve orbs and helps on high defense monsters like in Super Dragon dungeons or endgame normal like Legendary Seaway or Legendary Earth. Typing and attribute are spot on and his active can be combined with Haku’s for a Dark and Water board. Beach Valk, Akechi, and Satsuki are now probably better choices due to his low HP and lack of skill bind resist.

Same active skill:

Bronzed Beauty, Valkyrie Claire | PAD Island REM Exclusive
    Attacker/Devil
    HP: 2558
    ATK: 1689
    RCV: 656
    Attack Stance - Dark: (11 / 5) Change Heart to Dark.
    With the same bronze skin tone and exact matching attributes as DMeta, PAD Island's DValk is a force to be reckoned with. She has superior stats, awoken skills, and the same powerful active as the original. Coming in with two Dark Row enhances and double TPA, she's got the ATK to take on enemies with minimal orb usage when necessary. She has more ATK too which far surpasses the loss of the extra ATK awoken skill found on the original. She even comes with a Skill Bind Resist as an extra added bonus. If you are lucky to roll DValk from the PAD Island REM, you'll have to evolve her to get this beauty of a DMeta team sub.

Same active skill:

Black-Winged Goddess, Valkyrie Claire | REM Only
    Healer/God/Devil
    HP: 2708
    ATK: 1489
    Max skilled, she brings a 5 turn heartbreak which can nicely replace Vampire in case you were running him. Her awoken skills are amazing, consisting of double TPA, double row enhance, and skill boost. Her stats aren’t the greatest aside from RCV, but again the double TPA makes up for that. Pair her active before Gryps or after Pandora for plenty of Dark orbs. The only thing she lacks now compared to the Beach Valk is a Skill Bind Resist, making her a very strong sub otherwise.

Same active skill:

Dark Liege, Vampire Duke | Farmable
    Balanced/Devil
    HP: 2896
    ATK: 1268
    RCV: 463
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Vampire is a great farmable sub for someone who is just getting their DMeta team put together. While his only really useful awoken skill is an orb enhance, his active breaks Hearts and can help manage staying in the zone. He also has decent RCV if you happen to be using him for harder content and need to heal up.

Same active skill:

Moonlit Prowler, Vampire Lord | PAD Halloween REM Exclusive
    Devil/Balanced
    HP: 2996
    ATK: 1368
    RCV: 463
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Halloween Vampire is actually a pretty decent sub if you don't have Beach Valk. He has a row, TPA, skill boost, and skill bind resist, so he can fit decently will on any DMeta team composition as well as break Hearts. As an added bonus, his RCV is good and his HP and ATK are higher than a non awoken regular Vampire Duke.

Same active skill:

Awoken Anubis | Egyptian 1.0
    Devil/God
    HP: 3348
    ATK: 1300
    RCV: 618
    Necro Bite: (12 / 8) Counter 5x damage taken with Dark for 4 turns. Change Wood to Dark.
    Compared to his other evolution paths, the new Awoken Anubis has tied for the highest HP of the 3 and the most RCV. His ATK is only 50 lower than the other two, and he now has a shorter cooldown if unskilled. His active counter is stronger and reflects 5x the damage as Dark for 4 turns, which is actually useful now for dungeons like Zeus & Hera. The orb change portion of it still maxes at 8, and with no current skill up material you'll have to use Badpys, but it takes less levels this time around. As an awoken, he comes chock full of awoken skills although none are super ideal for DMeta save for the situational skill bind resist and a useful time extend. Watch the auto heals as those may hurt more than they actually help.

Abyssal Hell Deity Jackal, Anubis | Egyptian 1.0
    God/Devil
    HP: 3348
    ATK: 1350
    RCV: 488
    Curse of the Darkness: (18 / 8) Counter 3x damage taken with Dark for 4 turns. Change Wood to Dark.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Deathly Hell Deity Jackal, Anubis | Egyptian 1.0
    God/Attacker
    HP: 2948
    ATK: 1350
    RCV: 588
    Curse of the Darkness: (18 / 8) Counter 3x damage taken with Dark for 4 turns. Change Wood to Dark.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Again, since God types benefit from DMeta’s leader skill, either Anubis can be a sub and get the damage boost. The trade off is whether you want a Dark or Light sub attribute, and the harder to evolve one has more HP and less RCV. Otherwise, their skills are the same: 8 turn max cooldown to turn Wood to Dark. A little high still for a single orb change but if he’s what you have then use him. The awoken skills aren’t that great but extend time can help if you’re still newer or have a hard board to manipulate. Auto-recover can be tricky to manipulate, but 100% bind proof is never a bad thing.

Same active skill:

Psychopomp of Oblivion, Grisar | Dungeon Invade
    Devil/Attacker
    HP: 3047
    ATK: 2013
    RCV: 201
    Deathgazer: (22 / 7) Change Light to Dark. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn.
    Grisar is a recently released dungeon invade on Mythical Descends during certain times. If you can skill him up, he will be a great addition to a DMeta team. He has wonderful awoken skills, notably double rows and the skill bind resist, and skill boost. His stats are pretty solid, with even a decent RCV considering he is Devil/Attacker. The problem is skilling him up as the normal cooldown is 22 and you'll need a lot of stamina investment to get it down to 7. The active is only a single orb change from Light to Dark but also has the Haste effect for 1 turn which can help bring down other cards with longer cooldowns.

Playful Star Gods, Thoth and Sopdet | PAD Halloween REM Exclusive
    God/Devil
    HP: 3350
    ATK: 1566
    RCV: 205
    Gleam of Sirius: (16 / 6) Change Water to Heart. All attacks become multi-target for 1 turn.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    This T&S combo from the Halloween REM can serve as a nice utility. The heart creation can be skilled to be fairly quick and combined with someone that breaks hearts for big burst. Stats overall are okay, and the awoken skills are more geared towards utility and less damage with 4 Dark Damage Resists and a Skill Bind Resist. There are two Orb Enhances and a TPA in case you are stacking either of those on your team.

Same active skill:

Chaos Dragon Knight, Voice | Farmable
    Dragon/Balanced
    HP: 2297
    ATK: 1336
    RCV: 315
    DArk Orb Change: (9 / 5) Change Light to Dark.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    CDKV is a solid fast orb changer if you need something for fast farming and orb conversion. At a max 5 cooldown, he converts Light orbs to Dark, which is nice since Light lost its synergy since DMeta’s sub attribute is now Water.

Cyclone Devil Dragon | Farmable
    Dragon/Devil
    HP: 3040
    ATK: 1616
    RCV: 172
    Hell Ball: (15 / 8) Deal 20000 Dark damage to all enemies. Affected by enemy element and defense. Change Water to Dark.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Pair him with Blue Sonia (or Blue Dragonfruit) or Haku (or any of her alts) to create a full Dark or Dark heavy board. If going the BSonia or Blue Fruit route, you'll want your other two subs to be Attackers or Gods or else you might be losing out on too much damage.

Multi Orb Changers

Awoken Pandora | Heroes
    Devil/Physical
    HP: 4148
    ATK: 1474
    RCV: 279
    Active Skill - Forbidden Box: (13 / 9) Change Wood to Dark and Light to Heart. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn.
    Awoken Pandora took an interesting turn. She now provides a huge amount of HP due to the physical typing, but loses out on her high recovery. Her active is used in much harder descends to help yo-yo DMeta through tough rounds. At an 9 turn cooldown when maxxed, you can pair her with DValk for a heavy dark board plus some random extras or save the hearts for healing and clearing binds. One of her greatest assests is the skill bind resist, which gives the entire team 20% chance to resist skill bind. While not a lot on its own, it can make or break a run if you need to use one of your team’s actives in order to clear the round. For some reason the order of the old awoken skills changed a bit, but she now has a third row for even more damage potential.

Bleak Night Daughter, Pandora | PAD Island REM Exclusive
    God/Devil
    HP: 3048
    ATK: 1484
    RCV: 509
    Active Skill - Secret Box: (13 / 8) Change Wood to Dark and Light to Heart.
    PAD Island's Pandora is more of a powerhouse compared to the original. They share the same active skill, but this one has subattribute Water instead of Dark. She has slightly higher HP and ATK and the same recovery, and she's traded her Heart row recovery and one skill boost for double TPA which gives her clearing power using less orbs. If you don't need the extra skill boost or are going for a more TPA based team, she's a good take over the original. Even for a row team she is still great as she kept both Dark Row enhances.

Same active skill:

Cradle of Hell Goddess, Persephone | Greek 2.0
    God/Healer
    HP: 2739
    ATK: 1337
    RCV: 640
    Double Attack Stance - Dk: (16 / 8) Change Heart & Light to Dark.
    At long last the split Persephone ult has received a damage treatment in the form of an extra TPA and double row enhancements, perfect for our DMeta Team. Her HP and ATK were slightly lowered, but the offensive awoken skills make up for that loss in ATK stat. Additionnally, she has more RCV now for better yo-yo-ing back to health after taking big preemptive hits. For a DMeta team, you'll want to prioritze this evolution hands down.

Same active skill:

Gryps Rider, Vector Finn | REM Only
    Attaker/Devil
    HP: 2850
    ATK: 1876
    RCV: 86
    Dark&Light Orbs Change: (13 / 7) Change Light to Dark, Heart to Light.
    Gryps Rider Finn used to be a key sub for old DMeta teams and can still pull a lot of weight. With a row enhance, double TPA and solid attack he does some hefty damage. His active turns hearts to light and light to dark. Unfortunately he was quite difficult to skill up from the ABE Collab which could have potentially brought him down to 8 turns max. His once seemingly useless skill bind resist awakening is now coming in handy with more dungeons introducing skill binds. Light row enhance lost some favor since DMeta's sub attribute changed from Light to Water in the ultimate.

Same active skill:

Deliberate Rebel, Akechi Mitsuhide | Samurai
    God/Devil
    HP: 2828
    ATK: 1719
    RCV: 189
    Confusing Strategy: (13 / 8) Change Fire to Dark, Water to Heart. Enhance Dark orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Akechi is part of the new Samurai pantheon and will prove to be useful as he currently has only a few but very useful awoken skills. The enhance part of his active is solid especially since you may be using DMeta to tank hits instead of enhancing orbs, but it also comes with an orb change. This can be paired after Haku or before Valk or Persephone to do big bursts. While he has no skill up material yet, we can be certain that he will probably receive some later on down the road as well as an ultimate evolution.

Ominous Moon Dragon Caller, Satsuki | Godfest Exclusive
    Dragon/Attacker
    HP: 4005
    ATK: 1703
    RCV: 46
    Dimension Dance - Purple Sky: (12 / 7) Change Poison & Water to Dark. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn.
    Satsuki has great HP and ATK and low RCV, which is typically great for a DMeta team. Her active changes Water and Poison to Dark, as well as has a 1 turn Haste. You can use this to deal with mass poison like with Beelzebub or to combo with Haku if you don't happen to have a Hanzo. The cooldown is pretty low too and can be skilled up with Devilits. She has high attack to go with triple TPA, along with a Skill Bind Resist and skill boost, but no rows.

Same active skill:

Destruction Palm Mechanical Star God, Castor | Mechanical Star
    Machine/God
    HP: 2583
    ATK: 2080
    RCV: 78
    Astrocharge - Dark: (12 / 7) Change Heart, Jammer, Poison & Mortal Poison to Dark. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn.
    Castor was just introduced to NA just recently as part of the new Machine Constellations. He has a great two skill bind resists and acts as a decently fast heartbreaker who can help the team achieve 100% SBR. His active is also useful for taking on heavy dungeon orb changes that create Poisions or Jammers or have an increased skyfall for them. He has great ATK, and it is unfortunate that he has no TPA to boost it even further. His HP isn't qutie as high and his RCV is very low.

God of the Night, Tsukuyomi Dragon | Monster Point Shop
    God/Dragon
    HP: 3801
    ATK: 1804
    RCV: 245
    Moon God's Arm: (14 / 9) Randomly spawn 4 Darks & Hearts from non Dark & Heart. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn.
    If you have had a lot of duplicates (Pandora plagues me) or sold off other cards you don't need, you may have gotten Yomi Dragon. He is one of the MP Shop dragons that are relatively newer to NA PAD. His active spawns hearts and darks from orbs that are neither of those so there's no worry of converting anything that is already of what you need it to be. This can be good for Haku boards that don't spawn enough Darks to make a row. He has great HP and ATK and a solid lineup of awoken skills which work well with his active and work great for achieving a 100% SBR team.

Judging Scale Steel Star Goddess, Eschamali | Godfest Exclusive
    Machine/God
    HP: 3805
    ATK: 1555
    RCV: 293
    Aero Wake-Dark: (15 / 10) Change Wood, Heart, Jammer, Poison & Mortal Poison to Dark. Increase skyfall chance of Dark by 15% for 4 turns.
    Eschamali is the new 6 star godfest exclusive. She is a powerful sub as she has 7 enhanced orb awoken skills as well as a skill boost and skill bind resist. Her active is multi purpose, as it can generate a lot of Dark orbs, break Hearts, remove bad orbs, and increases the drop rate of Dark orbs for the next four turns! It has a longer cooldown when max skilled than some other orb changers but the lingering effect can be very helpful. A very useful sub if you happen to pull her and need a heartbreaker.

Mysterious Guest, Laila | PAD Halloween REM
    Attacker/Devil
    HP: 2325
    ATK: 1606
    RCV: 511
    Midnight Spell: (11 / 6) Change bottom-most row into Dark.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    A solid roll from the Halloween REM. She has great although few awoken skills. Ideally you'll want something with more rows but she can definitely fill a sub spot, especially with the Skill Bind Resist and her pretty quick instant row active. She has HP on the lower end by her ATK and RCV are very solid.

Same active skill:

Cryptic Feline, Kurone | REM Only
    Healer/Attacker
    HP: 2098
    ATK: 1403
    RCV: 557
    Double Dark Guard: (12 / 7) Change Fire & Light to Heart.
    Now that DMeta teams have a bigger health pool, and with the heavy hitting mechanics of newer dungeons and descends, Kurone's active and awoken skills can help the constant yo-yoing of your HP. She converts Fire and Light orbs to Hearts, which can be used for a big heal or paired with a Heartbreaker to make a big burst. Her HP is on the low end, but her ATK is okay and RCV is really solid. She also has a Skill Bind Resist and Heart Row Bind Recovery to contribute as other utilities, as well as a Dark Row Enhance to buff the teams power.

Same active skill:

Dimensional Sorcerer, Chester | REM Only
    Dragon/Devil
    HP: 2455
    ATK: 1410
    RCV: 172
    Gravity Room: (12 / 8) Reduce 10% of all enemies' HP. Ignore enemy element and defense. Change Jammer & Poison orbs to Heart orbs.
    Chester is a special fellow, as slotting him as a sub gives you an instant 60% skill bind resist. He has decent HP and also brings time extend so he is also useful in that regard. He also has a nice active that can be skilled to 8 cooldown from the DC collaboration or from the Metalit dungeon. It changes all Jammers and Poison orbs to Hearts which is great in places where a monster may be converting orbs every turn (typically Baron in the descends he appears in). Just having him and two DMeta leads will give you full skill bind immunity so you are free to choose whoever else you want for your last three sub spots.

Same active skill:

Board Changers

Banishing Claw Byakko, Haku | Chinese
    God/Devil
    HP: 3293
    ATK: 1741
    RCV: 179
    Western Seven-Star Formation: (14 / 9) Change all orbs to Fire, Water, and Dark.
    D/D Haku is the ideal evolution out of her split line. The superior awakenings in the skill boost, two-prong attack, and extra dark row enhance are what make her an ideal sub for the ultimate DMeta. Her active is on a 14 turn cooldown and 9 when max skilled. This changes all orbs on the board into Dark, Fire, and Water. The ratios of the colors is random, so relying solely on her active can be risky, but when paired with Hanzo can create almost always a Dark heavy board. Skilling her up is tedious in that you need to evolve Purple Chasers, but well worth it.

Same active skill:

Awoken Haku | Chinese
    God/Healer
    HP: 3193
    ATK: 1391
    RCV: 559
    Byakko Seven-Star Formation: (13 / 9) Change all orbs to Fire, Water & Dark. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn.
    Awoken Haku is the third branch in Haku's evolution line. Depending on the rest of your team composition, this card can still be very useful. Her HP and ATK are lower than D/D Haku but she has a much larger RCV stat, and has a very much needed Skill Bind Resist. If your other subs can compensate for her lack of rows, she is arguably better to use than D/D Haku due to the fact that her active also has a one turn haste in addition to the board change from the other evolution. However, if you're building a TPA team, AHaku has the clear advantage here.

Same active skill:

Lightning Black Dragonbound, Typhon | Godfest Exclusive
    Dragon/Balanced
    HP: 3813
    ATK: 1546
    RCV: 286
    Sunset Zone: (16 / 10) Change all orbs to Fire, Water & Dark & Heart. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn.
    Typhon is a new board changer that is available now that DMeta has no type restriction for subs. He has a great assortment of pros that can contribute to a DMeta team. 1 row and 1 TPA let him mesh well with any sort of team composition. Skill bind resist can help contribute towards a full 100%, and his active with the recover bind awoken skill can help unbind other subs (assuming he is not also bound) and the hearts from the active can be broken for more damage or used to yo-yo in harder dungeons. He has great HP, solid ATK, and lowish RCV.

Same active skill:

Enraged Black Phantom Demon, Zuoh | Godfest Exclusive
    Devil/Physical
    HP: 4595
    ATK: 1471
    RCV: 0
    Chaotic Call: (14 / 9) Change all orbs to Fire, Wood & Dark.
    Zuoh is a card I had forgotten to add with Typhon after the types restriction on DMeta had been lifted. He is a solid HP stick at near 4600 HP which only gets boosted further by DMeta's active. He's not quite as good as Haku, and I would rate him as slightly lesser than Typhon as he lacks a skill bind resist. He does however have the versatile single row and TPA which makes him slottable into any playstyle of DMeta. Be aware of his 0 recovery which can be hindering if you need the healing ability.

Same active skill:

Snow Star Byakko, Haku | PAD Christmas REM Exclusive
    God/Dragon
    HP: 3193
    ATK: 1391
    RCV: 309
    Western Seven-Star Formation: (14 / 9) Change all orbs to Fire, Water, and Dark.
    Christmas Haku is a new addition as part of the 2015 Christmas REM. She has a nontypical amount of Dark orb enhance, which actually provides a decent boost to the overall damage of the team. She also has one skill boost and one extend time (for which she is probably better for a Yomi Dragon or Awoken Yomi team). Unfortunately, she only gets the old Haku active without haste.

Same active skill:

Dark Bell Star Angel, Lumiel | Angels 2.0
    God/Devil
    HP: 3468
    ATK: 1582
    RCV: 187
    Demon-Vanquishing Hymn: (14 / 9) Change all orbs to Fire, Water & Wood & Dark.
    Lumiel is part of the second series of Angels. Her ultimate form buffed her HP and Attack and gave her the great offensive awoken skills of triple TPA. Pair her with anyone who converts either Fire, Wood, or Water for big burst. She can serve as an unbindable board changer and can dish out some good damage with the TPA matches.

Same active skill:

Old Castle Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia | PAD Halloween REM Exclusive
    Dragon/Physical
    HP: 5180
    ATK: 1409
    Holiday Summoning Circle - Wt & Dk: (19 / 14) Change all orbs to Water & Dark. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 2 turns.
    Here we have the Halloween edition of Blue Sonia. Of course when using her active, you need to be wary of potential troll boards, but it still has great potential. When the new buff comes out, she will be moving to full board changer dark sub as an on color monster and with her nice set of awoken skills and active. Don't forget her active also comes with a two turn Haste. She has the same stats as Blue Sonia, so the same great HP and non existant RCV.

Same active skill:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Jchunksgt likes this.
  3. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Utility

Awoken Loki | Norse
    Physical/Devil
    HP: 3868
    ATK: 1662
    RCV: 277
    Rune Enhance - Dark & Light: (16 / 12) Dark & Light attribute cards ATK x2 for 2 turns. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn.
    Awoken Loki has finally arrived on NA. Unfortunately, his place on the team is no longer as essential since DMeta's skill bind resist awoken skill came here first. If you are lacking other SBR subs, he packs two as well as strong offensive awoken skills in double row and TPA. His active can be great too as it gives all your Dark subs a boost for two turns and speeds up their cooldowns. His ATK and HP are both good although RCV is on the lower side.

Chaotic Flying General, Lu Bu | Three Kingdoms
    God/Devil
    HP: 2813
    ATK: 2193
    Unparalleled Destructive Strike: (16 / 12) Devil type cards ATK x2.5 for 1 turn. Inflict Dark damage equal to ATK x10 to all enemies in exchange for reducing HP to 1. Affected by enemy element and defense.
    Lu Bu has a useful active for dealing with overhealing. His active drops your HP to 1 in exchange for giving all Devil types 2.5x ATK for one turn. While this doesn’t help DMeta herself, it can be a great boost if you use a lot of Devil subs (Hanzo, Haku, Gryps, Pandora, etc). He has no inherent RCV and great HP and ATK stats. His awoken skills are solid, bringing two row enhances and skill boosts. His ultimate also prevents him from getting bound, meaning your team will still have a lot of power and 6 row enhances should everyone else bindable gets bound. Orb enhance isn’t the greatest but extra damage doesn’t hurt.

Same active skill:

Magic Hand Slayer Goddess, Durga | Indian 2.0
    God/Devil
    HP: 3323
    ATK: 1722
    RCV: 223
    Divine Instrument Strike: (13 / 8) God & Devil type cards ATK x2 for 1 turn. Inflict Dark damage equal to ATK x40 to 1 enemy in exchange for reducing HP to 1. Affected by enemy element and defense.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Durga is similar to Lu Bu in her active drops you to 1 HP but gives a 2x ATK boost to God types. With a God heavy DMeta team this could be a greater boost to your damage over Lu Bu. She also has a lower max cooldown. Her stats are also solid, with okay HP, good ATK, and low RCV. Her awoken skills aren’t quite as synergistic with DMeta. They’re not useless, but Blind Resist isn’t the greatest asset to have. Her ultimate evolution brought more color synergy with DMeta's sub attribute and a boost in stats all across the board.

Same active skill:

Placating Founder, Okuninushi | Japanese 2.0
    God/Attacker
    HP: 3845
    ATK: 1819
    RCV: 74
    Virtuous Foundation: (11 / 8) Delay 1 turn to all enemies. Dark attribute ATK x1.5 for 1 turn.
    I had been neglecting Okuni for awhile, but this split ult he has somewhat recently gotten is a great addition to the team when usable. He has a dual utility active which delays one turn and gives a 1.5x boost for a turn. This is nice as long as the delay works and you happen to need more than the one attack to kill a boss. He has great ATK and HP and low RCV, and useful awoken skills for all sorts of situations, including a skill bind resist.

Same active skill:

Shinra Ultimate God Kai | Shinrabansho Choco Collaboration REM
    Devil/God
    HP: 2640
    ATK: 1426
    RCV: 302
    Super Shinra - Ultimate God Devastation: (20 / 15) Inflict Dark damage equal to ATK x50 to all enemies. Affected by enemy element and defense. Dark & Light attribute cards ATK x2 for 1 turn.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Kai is very solid for a 4 star pull from the REM. He has decent stats all around and very solid awoken skills coming with a Dark row, skill boost, and skill bind resist. His active gives Dark and Light x2 for one turn on a 15 turn max cooldown in addition to a small nuke. There's no HP tradeoff for this Nuke, unlike Durga and Lu Bu, which means you can burst without chunking down your HP to 1.

Same active skill:

Shinra Sacred Demon God Ark | Shinrabansho Choco Collaboration REM
    Balanced/God
    HP: 2552
    ATK: 1237
    RCV: 300
    Super Shinra - Sacred Dragon Devastation: (20 / 15) Inflict Dark damage equal to ATK x50 to all enemies. Affected by enemy element and defense. Dark & Wood attribute cards ATK x2 for 1 turn.
    Ark is not as great as Kai for a pull. He has okay stats, but every single one is lower than Kai's. His awoken skills are the same, except instead of a Dark row, he carries three Dark resists. Seeing as DMeta is an offensive team, it's probably less likely to help over having a Dark row. His active is also a Nuke for x2 for Dark and Wood for one turn, also on a 15 turn cooldown max skilled.

Same active skill:

Dragon Shogun | REM Only
    Dragon/Attacker
    HP: 3418
    ATK: 1543
    RCV: 56
    Berserk: (12 / 7) Change Heart to Poison. Dragon type cards ATK x2 for 1 turn.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Dragon Shogun is an interesting sub from PADZ. His active turns Hearts to Poison orbs and gives Dragon types 2x ATK for one turn. The orb change is the money maker for him, as he can help get out of overhealing if you have the turns to spare. An example of this would be if he is up on Athena Descended before Gigas can attack you. He has no skill up material other than himself, so getting his cooldown lower can be tough. He shares the same great awakenings as Hanzo (before Hanzo got blind resists), so on that front he is a welcome on-type addition.

Goddess of the Dead, Nephthys | Egyptian 2.0
    God
    HP: 2452
    ATK: 1305
    RCV: 538
    Dark Terror Mist: (17 / 12) Dark attribute ATK x1.5 for 1 turn. Enhance Dark orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Nephthys is a newer card whose active is a little redundant with DMeta's. However, on top of the orb enhance, she also packs a 1.5x Dark attack multiplier. That, with her orb enhance aspect of her active, and two Dark orb enhance awakenings, make her help the team pack a pretty good punch. She's still situational at best, having only okay stats with better than average RCV. The only other really useful awoken skill she has is one more skill boost, so it's up to you if you want to use her to fill your sub lineup.

Awoken Hades | Greek 1.0
    Devil/Attacker
    HP: 2471
    ATK: 1860
    RCV: 396
    Gravity World: (17 / 13) Reduce 25% of all enemies' HP. Ignore enemy element and defense. Increases time limit of orb movement by 5 seconds for 1 turn.
    The new Hades has a ton of different awakenings that make him versatile on different team compositions. With orb enhance, dark row enhance, double TPA, skill boost, he will always have some sort of contribution. He sports a high attack stat, and he is a fast 25% gravity. The active also extends orb movement time by 5 seconds for 1 turn, which can be helpful if you're trying to make a great board to break a combo absorb and still make rows. It maxes at 13 cooldown, making it one of the faster gravities worth using.

Awoken Tsukuyomi | Japanese 1.0
    Physical/Devil
    HP: 4272
    ATK: 1436
    RCV: 205
    World of the Gleaming Moon: (12 / 8) Enhance Fire, Water, Wood, Light, Dark & Heart. +6% per orb. Increases time limit of orb movement by 5 seconds for 1 turn.
    Awoken Yomi is a situational sub who you can use for his enhance and team support awoken skills. While his regular evolutions and chibi form active of Change the World can be unnecessary, his active can give you ample time to crank out the right amount of combos to get past the more frequently appearing combo shields. His full board enhance can help pump out more damage from not only Dark orbs but sub attribute color matches on the team as well. As a physical type, he has huge HP which is further boosted by DMeta's leaderskill, decent ATK, and lower RCV. His orb enhance and time extend awoken skills with his SBR make him a nifty enhancer if you're saving DMeta's active for tanking hits.

Pacifying Yomi Goddess, Izanami | Farmable
    God/Physical
    HP: 4711
    ATK: 1551
    RCV: 57
    The Feathered Garment of Yomi: (13 / 6) 35% damage reduction for 3 turns.
    Another slightly redundant sub, DIzanami's active reduces damage by 35% for 3 turns. If you need to tank more hits and two DMetas aren't enough then she's a solid sub for you. As a farmable sub, her awoken skills aren't the greatest. Being part physical, she contributes a huge chunk of HP. Her new form now gives more autoheal which can be good for endgame dungeons. Additionally, once the cooldown buff comes to DMeta, two leads and her can form an almost constant 35% shield.

Spirit of the Masquerade, Alraune | PAD Halloween REM Exclusive
    Healer/Devil
    HP: 2824
    ATK: 1019
    RCV: 717
    Jack-o'-Lantern: (12 / 7) Bind recovery for 4 turns. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Alraune may not have many awoken skills, but the ones she does have are very solid. She is a great support sub on a DMeta team as an unbindable on color bind removal. Additionally, she is decently fast and also provides a one turn haste with her active. Her two Skill Bind Resists can help the team reach that coveted 100% SBR, and she has solid HP and massive RCV to top it all off.

Same active skill:

Black Beast Demon's Servant, Aamir | Farmable
    Devil/Healer
    HP: 2305
    ATK: 1013
    Sweet Perfume: (18 / 8) Recover 4000 HP. Bind recovery for 4 turns.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    As a farmable on color bind clear, Aamir is not a bad choice if you want to maintain full color coherancy or don't have better bind clears from godfests. He has low HP and ATK but great RCV and his active can heal you as well. His awoken skills are lacking; besides being unbindable, he provides practically no offensive support as his only other awoken skill is a time extend.

Awoken Archdemon Lucifer | Archdemons
    Devil/God
    HP: 3028
    ATK: 1606
    RCV: 584
    Oblivion Nova: (12 / 8) Deal 150000 damage to 1 enemy. Ignore enemy element and defense. Randomly spawn 3 Darks from non Darks.
    I've placed Lucifer here due to the orb conversion aspect as well as the true damage aspect. It's now not redundant with DMeta's, and can still be useful in aiding a bad board change from Haku or similar active. He received a big buff in HP and more recovery for the slight trade off of a little less ATK power. That's compensated for with his slew of amazing awoken skills: a third row and skill boost, skill bind resist, and God-killer which was introduced with the co-op dungeons. His active is also now true damage to one target and can be useful for taking out enemies like Michael, Extreme Metal Dragon, and other high defense-low-HP enemies. Definitely good for speed farming Hera-Ur.

The Tenth Angel – Assault Mode | EVA Collaboration Dungeon
    God/Attacker
    HP: 2970
    ATK: 1125
    RCV: 187
    Critical Rejection: (20 / 10) Deal 15000 damage to 1 enemy. Ignore enemy element and defense.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Tenth Angel comes from the EVA collaboration dungeon. He has a row enhance and decent HP, but lacks in other areas. His active when skilled up to 10 max can help in dungeons like Hera-Ur or Friday Mythical as it is pure 15000 damage on 1 target and ignores defense. He can be skilled up using himself and is on type for the team so he can still contribute to the overall damage output.

BAO Batman + Remote Claw | BAO Collaboration REM
    Attacker
    HP: 1990
    ATK: 1700
    RCV: 183
    Intimidation: (11 / 8) Delay 1 turn to all enemies.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    This Batman from the BAO collaboration REM was the only on color and on type delay for DMeta. His unevolved form is usually saved for low cost dungeons, but if you happen to have two, you can use him to stall out an extra turn. His HP is low, but ATK is high for a 5 star monster. One row enhance is nice, and his other two awoken skills are just okay.

Holy Night Witch, Lilith | PAD Christmas REM Exclusive
    Healer
    ATK: 1358
    Menace: (15 / 10) Delay 3 turns to all enemies.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    We finally get a multi turn on color delay. Christmas Lilith comes from the 2015 Christmas REM and has a solid active for dungeons that don't have status shields. Her HP and ATK are quite low, but the RCV is very large as expected for a Healer type. Hopefully the delay and the Dark row contribution to the rest of the team will be enough for you to take out the dungeon boss.

Same active skill:

King of Hell, Satan | Farmable
    Devil
    HP: 6666
    ATK: 1222
    RCV: -9999
    World's End: (35 / 20) Inflict Dark damage equal to ATK x300 to 1 enemy in exchange for reducing HP to 1. Affected by enemy element and defense. Randomly spawn 3 Dark orbs from non Dark orbs.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    He is a huge HP stat stick and his max negative RCV will prevent any heart fall healing. The only healing that will occur comes from an auto recover awakenings. He packs 3 row enhances, so while he doesn’t directly help DMeta’s team damage, the awoken skills bring an extra heavy damage boost to those that do fall under DMeta’s leaderskill. He is a great farming sub if you don't want to think about dealing with Heart orbs.

Moonbeam Fang Witch, Lilith | Farmable
    Attacker/Devil
    Poison Mist: (15 / 10) Devil type cards ATK x1.5 for 1 turn. Inflict Poison damage equal to ATK x1 to all enemies every turn. Ignore enemy element and defense.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    moonbeam fang witch, lilith | Christmas Chibi REM
    Attacker/Devil
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The chibi and regular version share the same stats and active, but have different awoken skills. The preference is up to you: regular carries a very useful skill bind resist, row enhance, and time extend, but also the tricky auto recover whereas the chibi version has double TPA and a skill boost. Both are useful in dungeons like Friday Mythical when max skilled, as they can help you with a no stall sweep. It poisons enemies for her ATK value and gives Devil types a 1 turn 1.5x ATK boost. The poison is also good for farming EXP dragons. She has low HP but solid ATK and great RCV for the team.

Same active skill:

Other Considerations
    If you want to maintain a dark heavy team and don’t have a lot of the above subs listed, these are also viable fillers. I’ll not be including skill ups or alternates as these as these subs are already just fillers until you get better options.

Masquerade Guest, Izanami | PAD Halloween REM Exclusive
    God/Balanced
    HP: 3287
    ATK: 1239
    RCV: 409
    Merciful Protection: (11 / 4) 35% damage reduction for 1 turn.
    [​IMG]
    Here we have a Dark version of Light Izanami. Since her stats are based on that one, she has less HP but solid RCV for the team. Her active is the same as DMeta's but without an orb enhance. It can be skilled to a pretty low number, even lower than DMeta's after it gets buffed, but even so, Dark Izanami would probably be a better choice. Her awoken skills consist of a skill boost, three light resists in case you need to tank a preemptive or gravity, and five dark orb enhances which is great if you're stacking that on your team.

Same active skill:

Unwavering Demon Dragon, Nobunaga | Farmable
    Dragon/Attacker
    HP: 4540
    ATK: 1654
    RCV: 185
    Evil Wind: (19 / 10)
    Nobunaga has huge HP and lower RCV which is potentially more ideal for your team if you're using him as a filler. With the DMeta HP buff, he will be a nice HP stat stick for the team until you get more useful subs. His new evolved form gives you a bit more attack, an extra skill boost, and the orb enhances more suited for a sparkle board team.

Omega Night Skydragon, Elysion | Farmable
    Dragon/Attacker
    HP: 1591
    ATK: 1871
    RCV: 222
    Curse Breath: (10 / 3) Inflict Dark damage equal to ATK x5 to all enemies. Affected by enemy element and defense.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Elysion is a temporary filler dragon obtained from his skydragon dungeon or a dragon rush dungeon. He has a high ATK stat but low HP and RCV and his awoken skills are less numerous than other potential fillers.

Dark Twin Star, Tiamat | REM Only
    Dragon/Attacker
    HP: 2500
    ATK: 1754
    RCV: 198
    Inferno Breath: (30 / 9) Inflict Dark damage equal to ATK x20 to all enemies. Affected by enemy element and defense. Dark attribute ATK x1.3 for 2 turns.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Unlike the previous two, this evolution of Tiamat has a solid set of useful awakenings. He has solid HP and ATK as well and provides a small dark boost for a turn if you need the burst. He has an active that can give you a slight damage boost for a few turns, but unless you've managed to skill it up a lot, you probably won't be able to use it in a dungeon.

Seraph of Corruption Lucifer | Angels 1.0
    God/Balanced/Devil
    HP: 3228
    ATK: 1656
    The Morning Star: (25 / 10) Inflict Dark damage equal to ATK x200 to 1 enemy in exchange for reducing HP to 1. Affected by enemy element and defense. Randomly spawn 6 Heart orbs from non Dark and Heart orbs.
    rebel seraph lucifer | Christmas Chibi REM
    God/Balanced
    HP: 2528
    ATK: 1506
    The Morning Star: (25 / 10) Inflict Dark damage equal to ATK x200 to 1 enemy in exchange for reducing HP to 1. Affected by enemy element and defense. Randomly spawn 6 Heart orbs from non Dark andHeart orbs.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Since the regular sized one got a super evolution, the differences between the two lie in the awakenings and stats. His active skill was buffed to spawn 6 hearts instead of 3 and won't take out any existing Dark or Heart orbs on board already. It can be skilled down, albeit painfully, to 10 turns, which can give you a potential 1st turn guaranteed way into the sweet zone for DMeta. With her HP buff, those autoheals will take awhile to bring you back out of the zone. Triple TPA is also good for conservative play and taking on trash floors.

Same active skill:

Underworld Guard Dog, Cerberus | Farmable
    Devil/Attacker
    HP: 2355
    ATK: 1712
    RCV: -50
    Enhanced Dark Orbs: (15 / 4) Enhance Dark orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Cerberus has a negative recovery to help mitigate overhealing from heart skyfall. He used to be more favorable when DMeta had a longer cooldown before her ultimate evolution came out, which not only made him more redundant on the team but also put devil Lucifer at a better position than him.

Shinra Sorcerer God Moebius | Shinrabansho Choco Collaboration REM
    Devil/God
    HP: 2928
    ATK: 1491
    RCV: 240
    Super Shinra - A. Lord Shin: (20 / 15) Enhance Dark orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board. Give 10 seconds to move orbs without triggering matches.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Moebius has solid HP, average ATK, and lowish RCV. His active is redundant with DMeta although he also gives a full Yomi/Venus tier of a 10 second Change the World. It is probably situationally used best if you need to match for combos and maximize damage. His awoken skills are better suited for teams that stack Orb Enhance, as he has two Dark orb enhances and a skill boost.

Nocturne Chanter, Tsukuyomi | Japanese 1.0
    God/Balanced
    HP: 2972
    RCV: 545
    Change the World: (20 / 13) Give 10 seconds to move orbs without triggering matches.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    War Deity of the Night, Tsukuyomi | Japanese 1.0
    God/Attacker
    HP: 2472
    ATK: 2036
    RCV: 295
    Change the World: (20 / 13) Give 10 seconds to move orbs without triggering matches.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    war deity of the night, tsukuyomi | Christmas Chibi REM
    God/Attacker
    HP: 2472
    ATK: 2036
    RCV: 295
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    All the Yomi's have the same active, Change the World, which gives you 10s to move orbs anywhere on the board. It's not really necessary for a DMeta team unless you need help matching combos for a combo absorb shield which are becoming more popular in descends. Check out the stats and see what will benefit you most out of the stats and awakenings of the three Yomis.

~ Situational Options ~
    Although the potentially best damaging sets are Dark, Dark/Fire, and Dark/Water, it wouldn't hurt to have any of the following on your team to serve in some situations. I've primarily seen these on teams more focused solely around Dark, since they'll already be off color, and rainbow and DMeta don't mesh together too well.

Dancing Flame, Amaterasu Ohkami | Japanese 1.0
    God/Attacker
    HP: 2721
    ATK: 1511
    RCV: 502
    Shower of Healing: (20 / 10) Full HP recovery. Full bind recovery.
    Dancing Light, Amaterasu Ohkami | Japanese 1.0
    God/Healer
    HP: 2521
    ATK: 1111
    RCV: 802
    Shower of Healing: (20 / 10) Full HP recovery. Full bind recovery.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    God/Attacker Amaterasu is probably the stronger option as her RCV is high already and she has more ATK and HP than the other one with the TPA awoken skill. She's an excellent utility tool with a full HP and bind recovery active. Skilling her up is tough with the rare invade and PEM pull Yatagarasu. When compared to LMeta, she brings one less skill boost and no auto recover and has TPA. The God/Healer version has monster RCV, and the same awoken skills except for the TPA. Their active also isn't as fast as LMeta's active when max skilled.

Same active skill:

Keeper of the Sacred Texts, Metatron | Godfest Exclusive
    God/Healer
    HP: 2454
    ATK: 1330
    RCV: 863
    Quick Cure: (11 / 6) Recover RCV x6 HP. Bind recovery for 3 turns.
    LMeta, DMeta's Light counterpart, has some good usability, notably in Mephisto Descended. Her active is to clear 2 turns of bind and heal 6x her RCV which can be skilled to 6 turns max cooldown. She is also unbindable, meaning that as long as she's not skill bound, she can help recover the teams binds either through her active or with her passive recover bind awoken skill. She also carries two skill boosts to help her teams skill up time.

Same active skill:

Destroyer Dragon, Apocalypse | REM Only
    Dragon/God
    HP: 3700
    ATK: 1550
    RCV: 179
    Final Judgement: (16 / 10) Change all orbs to Heart, Light & Dark. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn.
    Before I had Pandora, Apocalypse was something I found useful when I needed to stack skill bind resist. He has a nice HP pool to bring to the team, and his active creates a board full of Heart/Light/Dark. With any orb changer that turns Light or Heart to Dark, you have an instant Dark heavy board that can either do extra damage with Light contributed by Apocalypse himself or heal you up with Hearts. His active can also be skilled up with Gold Keeper during the skill up material rotations. He has also been buffed to do a 1 turn Haste.

Same active skill:

Dragon Rider, King Arthur | REM Only
    Attacker/Dragon
    HP: 2906
    ATK: 1857
    RCV: 72
    Light&Dark Orbs Change: (13 / 7) Change Dark to Light, Heart to Dark.
    Another old classic. Arthur could be used with Gryps or CDK to replicate Persephone's active skill. He turns Dark to Light and Heart to Dark. Unfortunately, he is no longer as good as Gryps since DMeta lost the Light sub attribute, plus he doesn't have a skill bind resist. Besides that, he's still a strong candidate if you're just starting out and can put out great damage, especially with double TPA and recent buff to HP and ATK. Being sub attribute Dark, his HP pool will benefit from DMeta's leader skill.

Same active skill:

Miko Goddess of Protection, Kushinadahime | Japanese 2.0
    God/Healer/Attacker
    HP: 2805
    ATK: 1782
    RCV: 640
    Protection of Divine Wisdom: (11 / 8) 75% damage reduction for 1 turn.
    Kushi is one of the best damage reducers currently in the game. She has a one turn 75% damage reduction that can be skilled up through the farmable Green Pirate to 8 turns max cooldown. She is key to tanking big hits in Fagan and Gold Keeper dungeons, and she is great for other situations if you can't reach the HP breakpoints with DMeta's active skill. Maybe not as useful after the leaderskill buff to DMeta, but still good for very hard preemptives or if you lack the stats or +egg investment to tank hits. Her new ultimate gave her another skill boost and a big bump in ATK as well.

Same active skill:

Demon Slayer, Susano no Mikoto | Japanese 1.0
    God/Attacker
    HP: 2200
    ATK: 1836
    RCV: 438
    Iron Wall Stance: (20 / 15) 50% damage reduction for 5 turns.
    I prefer this evolution because of the higher damage and the skill boost awoken skill. Once the new buff comes around I'll probably switch him to Awoken Susano. If you want more HP, feel free to take the other ultimate evolution branch. Susano is an alternative to Kushi for a damage reduction. His active reduces damage by 50% for 5 turns! Useful if you're good at healing and need to stall out binds or for skills. He himself is unbindable and has TPA for extra sniping power meaning he'll always be able to use his active (sans skill bind) and do damage.

Same active skill:

Genius Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang | REM Only
    God/Attacker
    HP: 2140
    ATK: 2014
    RCV: 414
    100 Victories in 100 Battles: (12 / 8) Attacker type cards ATK x2 for 1 turn. Reduce enemies' defense by 50% for 1 turn. Effects carry forward on sweep.
    GZL is handy for his sheer power. Used typically in Legendary Earth, GZL gives your team a 2x boost to Attackers and a 50% defense break to monsters which can carry on a sweep. His double TPA and high attack stat gives him great sniping capabilities on team if you need to stall for actives and pick of monsters on a 1 turn attack cooldown. He also comes with two skill boosts and a skill bind resist. His low HP is compensated for by his Dark sub attribute boosting his contribution to the team.

Same active skill:

Past Life Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia | Godfest Exclusive
    Dragon/Balanced
    HP: 3938
    ATK: 1820
    RCV: 425
    Draco Summoning Circle - Wd & Dk: (19 / 12) Change all orbs to Wood & Dark.
    Green Sonia is a very solid choice now for a board change. She received buffs across all her stats and the Dark sub attribute will only boost her HP and ATK contributions to the team even more. She received a second Wood row enhance and skill bind resist and time extend also are strong additional awoken skills to have. You can pair her with Anubis for a strong Dark/Green board to burst down bosses.

Same active skill:

Jchunksgt likes this.
  4. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    ~ Water ~
    If you're lacking on Dark subs, Water is now a viable option to hybridize your DMeta team due to her obtaining Water as a sub attribute. Again, you'll want to focus on adding Dark and Water rows and skill boosts. The pro of having water subs is that many have Physical as their other type besides God or Attacker. This helps you hit some of the higher HP breakpoints in newer descends and allow you to take more hits when combined with DMeta's active. After the HP buff, subs with a sub color of Dark will be favorable as they will receive the HP and ATK buff.

Single Orb Changers

Azure Goddess, Valkyrie Reine | REM Only
    Healer/God/Attacker
    HP: 2508
    ATK: 1589
    Attack Stance - Water: (11 / 5) Change Heart to Water.
    Like DValk, BValk breaks hearts into blue at a 5 turn cooldown max. She has the same awoken skills, but geared towards blue and can go with either rows or double TPA. She pairs with her corresponding blue sub from the Heroes pantheon, Andromeda in creating a big burst from the generated Hearts. You can also pair her with Ruka which is a two step double orb change. If you pair her with Skuld, it has a similar effect as Anubis + Karin, although you get a Water heavy Water/Wood board.

Same active skill:

Multi Orb Changers

Psychopomp Commerce Deity, Hermes | Greek 2.0
    God/Attacker
    HP: 2974
    ATK: 1898
    RCV: 164
    Double Attack Stance - Wt: (16 / 8) Change Heart & Wood to Water.
    This new Hermes form is much better than the previous as he will benefit from the HP (exceeding the loss of 800 HP changing to this form) buff and later on the ATK buff. Skill Bind is great for newer dungeons and to prevent getting locked down. His active breaks Hearts and Green orbs and can create a nice burst for a sub boss in a dungeon. It maxes at a 8 cooldown, also like Persephone. He now also has two additional row awoken skills for a Water row heavy team.

Same active skill:

Beast Rider, Wiz Merlin | REM Only
    Attacker/Devil
    HP: 2653
    ATK: 1951
    RCV: 102
    Fire&Water Orbs Change: (13 / 7) Change Fire to Water, Heart to Fire.
    Wiz Merlin is an Attacker type that was somewhat viable during the old days of having no DMeta ultimate. Now with more Water synergy, whether you go TPA or rows, he is a more favorable option. His skill changes orbs from Fire to Water and Hearts to Fire. It was significantly easier to skill him up from the DC collab than Gryps from the ABE collab. Cooldown max is also 8 turns.

Same active skill:

Divine Galaxy Goddess, Nut | Egyptian 2.0
    God/Physical
    HP: 3660
    ATK: 1332
    RCV: 288
    Celestial Sign: (9 / 4) Change left-most column into Water.
    Nut's HP is a tad lower for a physical type, only breaking mid 3000 where some others easily hit 4000. Her awokens also favor TPA and orb enhance based teams. Her active can be used to clear jammers or poisons or jammers if you stack them in the left column which she converts. The active maxes at a quick 4 cooldown.

Same active skill:

Vigorous Hunt Gods, Umisachi & Yamasachi | Japanese 2.0
    God/Healer/Physical
    HP: 3555
    ATK: 1251
    RCV: 651
    Ritual of the Mountain and Sea: (11 / 7) Change Fire to Water, Heart to Wood.
    UmiYama is a solid orb changer, breaking Hearts to a somewhat useless Wood, but turning Fire to Water. He has no row enhances but has double TPA and two water orb enhances which can be great for consistent damage with less orbs. As part Healer, he has great stats considering the typing and the high RCV will help with the yo-yo healing. The new ultimate gives him much higher HP while still maintaining his great RCV. He also now has a skill bind resist for helping keep his active unhindered.

Same active skill:

Divinized Archangel, Gabriel | Angels 1.0
    God/Healer/Attacker
    HP: 2538
    ATK: 1719
    RCV: 723
    Miracle of Ice: (13 / 8) Change Light orbs to Water orbs, Dark orbs to Heart orbs. Enhance Heart orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board.
    Gabriel is another good sub to pair with BValk. He creates Water from Light and Hearts from Dark (better if you want to focus more on Water). He has mostly solid awoken skills and can also help stack against the more frequent skill binds. He has crazy high RCV from his Healer type. On top of that, his active now enhances Hearts which can be a great heal or more burst when converted to Dark. He received the same treatment as Uriel and has an extra two water rows and three more auto recovers which you can choose to omit. He also received a healthy ATK boost but is still on the lower end of HP.

Same active skill:

Adored Starsea Goddess, Andromeda | Heroes
    God/Healer/Physical
    HP: 3985
    ATK: 1238
    RCV: 578
    The Sacred Blue Chains: (13 / 8) Change Fire to Water, Light to Heart.
    Andromeda stacks a lot of useful awoken skills. All work well with her active or are universally useful. Double skill bind resist is huge and puts you at 40%. Two row enhances and a skill boost are great for a water row team and getting actives up. Her active works with the recover bind and you can use it as long as she's not bound to help free up other subs. Her super ultimate gave her a lot more HP to work with and added a third row and TPA for versatile damage increases both for herself and the team.

Same active skill:

Pure Water Sorcerer, Sharon | REM Only
    Attacker/Healer
    HP: 2065
    ATK: 1417
    Aqua Spell: (9 / 5) Change bottom-most row into Water.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Getting one from the REM is solid as she packs 3 great awoken skills. Again with the skill bind resist, and of course synergy with rows and TPA. Her active, skilled to 5 max cooldown from the DC collab, is a quick and unconditional row no matter what orbs were previously there in the middle. Her stats are more on the average end as she is not a God type.

Same active skill:

Shinji & Eva Unit-01, First Awoken Form | EVA Collaboration REM
    Attacker/Machine
    HP: 2398
    ATK: 1823
    RCV: 218
    I mustn't run away: (12 / 7) Change Wood to Water, Heart to Dark.
    A monster from the EVA collaboration REM, he has a great active that converts out Wood to Water and breaks Hearts to Dark. He carries one Water row enhance and has high ATK for his rarity. Getting an ultimate form gave him some more HP, and even though it is on the lower end, he now has a Dark sub attribute for receiving the boost from DMeta. Some new Awoken skills help increase his offensive power too in a skill boost and TPA.

Same active skill:

Nanto Suichoken Master, Rei | Fist of the North Star Collaboration REM
    Attacker
    HP: 2020
    ATK: 1602
    RCV: 374
    What Color is Your Blood?!: (11 / 6) Change Poison & Heart to Water.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Rei is a recent addition to the table from the Fist of the North Star collaboration. He converts Poison and Heart orbs to Water which is awesome especially if you're in a dungeon where poisons are being spawned every turn. All around stats are okay for a 5 star, but his awokens are generally unfavorable unless you're building around TPA.

Board Changers

Ancestral Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia | Godfest Exclusive
    Dragon/Physical
    HP: 5780
    ATK: 1609
    Draco Summoning Cirlce - Wt & Dk: (19 / 12) Change all orbs to Water & Dark.
    Blue Sonia is a monsterous HP stat stick. While she still has 0 recovery even with her new ultimate, her HP unplussed and boosted by DMeta gives the team 10k HP from her alone. Her active is like RSonias, but converts the board to Dark and Water. While trolling can happen and getting a Water heavy board is possible, it is uncommon to get a completely trash board. Water also works with DMeta's sub attribute and will help chip away at the opposing monsters' health. Pair her with someone who converts Water to Dark like Satsuki for a guaranteed big burst.

Same active skill:

Ethereal Guardian Seiryuu, Karin | Chinese
    God/Physical
    HP: 4005
    ATK: 1401
    RCV: 194
    Eastern Seven-Star Formation: (14 / 9) Change all orbs to Water, Wood & Dark.
    With recent and upcoming buffs to DMeta, this will likely be the best form of Karin for DMeta, even compared to Awoken Karin. She lacks Awoken Karin's Haste, but she brings a Dark and Water row and converts the board to Dark, Wood, and Water. Combined with Anubis or Satsuki this can create a dark heavy board. If combined with Hermes, this can make a Water heavy board. She is a versatile sub with great stats for the team and awesome awoken skills. She also has Dark Orb enhance and benefits from the HP buff, essentially turning the already large 4005 to 7299.

Same active skill:

Norn of the Future, Skuld | Godfest Exclusive
    God/Physical
    HP: 4575
    ATK: 1211
    RCV: 301
    Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wt / Wd: (14 / 9) Change all orbs to Water, Wood & Heart.
    A newer GF exclusive, Skuld has solid awoken skills, but hers are more useful if you're trying to stack to 100% skill bind resist or focusing on orb enhance or a TPA based team. As mentioned previously, she can pair with BValk to create a Water heavy board. Also, as Physical, she brings big HP and lower RCV.

Same active skill:

Ultimate coming soon!

Peerless Strategist, Mori Motonari | Samurai
    God/Physical
    HP: 3735
    ATK: 1256
    RCV: 196
    Parable of the Three Arrows: (20 / 15) Change all orbs to Fire & Water. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 2 turns.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Mori is the Water new Samurai God. She bears typical physical type stats with high HP and lower ATK and RCV. Her active makes a full Water and Fire board with 2 turn Haste, and she has solid awoken skills for a Water row based team. She's still no so there's no skill up fodder for her yet.

Resting Norn, Urd | PAD Island REM Exclusive
    God/Physical
    HP: 3715
    ATK: 1688
    RCV: 122
    Space-Time Tuning Cirlce - Fr / Wt: (14 / 9) Change all orbs to Fire, Water & Heart.
    Paradise Norn, Urd | PAD Island REM Exclusive
    God/Attacker
    HP: 3715
    ATK: 1688
    Space-Time Tuning Cirlce - Fr / Wt: (14 / 9) Change all orbs to Fire, Water & Heart.
    Whichever Water Urd you choose to use is mostly an aesthetic choice as they have the exact same stats and awoken skills as each other. The difference in artwork is that Paradise Urd has glasses. If you're using an Attacker boost, Paradise Urd will benefit whereas Resting Urd will not. They have the same awoken skills as the original Urd except their orb enhances are geared for Water instead of Fire. Otherwise, the active skill is the same and creates boards of Water, Heart, and Fire, so a Fire to Water or Heart to Water conversion would be an ideal pairing. She has great HP and solid ATK but the RCV leaves more to be desired.

Same active skill:

Utility

Keeper of Paradise, Metatron | PAD Special REM Exclusive
    God/Healer
    HP: 2454
    ATK: 1330
    RCV: 863
    Quick Cure: (11 / 6) Recover RCV x6 HP. Bind recovery for 3 turns.
    BMeta is basically the same as her Light main attribute sister, from stats to awakenings to skills. The only difference being their attributes being switched. If you want to focus more on Water damage, then she's the go to card. Good luck obtaining her, as she's a super rare pull from the Pink REM which hasn't been around in a while.

Same active skill:

Awoken Isis | Egyptian 1.0
    Devil/God
    HP: 3238
    ATK: 1597
    RCV: 403
    Quick Guard: (7 / 3) 15% damage reduction for 1 turn. Bind recovery for 2 turns.
    Awoken Isis is a newly added awoken evolution to the NA game. For those not blessed enough to have received BMeta to do your bind clears, Awoken Isis is a very suitable replacement. She has stacked awakenings, with useful ones like Water Row, Skill Boost, Skill Bind Resist, and is also an unbindable unbinder when using her active skill. Speaking of active skill, at max level, it takes 3 turns to charge up, and not only does it reduce binds by two turns, it also reduces damage taken by 15%. Great for if you want to save DMeta's active for orb enhancement instead of damage reduction. To top it all off, she has very solid stats all around.

Scholarhsip Student, Isis | PAD Academy REM Exclusive
    Attacker/Healer
    HP: 2538
    ATK: 1555
    RCV: 643
    Quick Heal: (8 / 3) Recover RCV x3 HP. Bind recovery for 2 turns.
    Blue Moon Sea Deity, Isis | Egyptian 1.0
    God/Healer
    HP: 3038
    ATK: 1197
    RCV: 703
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Shining Sea Deity, Isis | Egyptian 1.0
    God/Physical
    HP: 3538
    ATK: 1197
    RCV: 503
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    After DMeta received the HP buff, Scholarship Isis gains a much better position than regular Isis's split evolutions and has more offensive awoken skills. If you're not at the point of getting these two, the two old evolutions are still really great. Both have strong RCV but Blue Moon Isis has a whopping 703 if you're lacking that on your team. Shining Isis is a bit more consistent with 100% bind resist and all have the same active which heals for 3x her RCV and recovers bind status by 2 turns. The active skill can be maxed from 8 turns to 3 turns which is still very fast for a bind recover and faster than LMeta/BMeta at max skill.

Same active skill:

Awoken Neptune | Greek 1.0
    Attacker/Devil
    HP: 2252
    ATK: 1851
    RCV: 467
    Heavenstrom: (17 / 15) Inflict Poison damage equal to ATK x10 to all enemies every turn. Ignore enemy element and defense. Attacker & Devil type cards ATK x2 for 1 turn.
    Awoken Neptune brings a plethora of awakenings and has a dual purpose utility skill. He can break high defense monsters with you having to blow through all your actives to create a big enough burst of orbs with his 10x poison, or it can be used for a little oomph (actually more than a little, 2x to be exact) for your Attacker and Devil types for 1 turn. He carries 1 water row enhance and 1 skill boost, which seem the be the better of his 8 awoken skills.

Armored Green Ice Knight, Muse | REM Only
    God/Physical
    HP: 3308
    ATK: 1235
    RCV: 140
    Blue Crest: (15 / 10) God type cards ATK x2.5 for 1 turn. Inflict damage equal to ATK x30 to 1 enemy. Affected by enemy element and defense.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Muse is on color for Water and gives God types a 2.5x ATK boost for 1 turn. This is a huge burst and won't take you're HP down to 1 like Lu Bu or Durga. This isn't a necessity though, and he doesn't have too many awoken skills, although two of them are still useful. His cooldown is also low at 6 max, so if you want to have constant quick bursts for multiple floors of a dungeon, he's your guy.

Same active skill:

Bold Divine General, Sun Quan | Three Kingdoms
    God/Healer
    HP: 2795
    ATK: 1283
    RCV: 580
    Honest Insight: (18 / 13) Delay 2 turns to all enemies. Healer type cards ATK x2 for 2 turns.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Sun Quan provides a 2 turn delay and 2x boost to Healer ATK for two turns. His skill is on a lower cooldown than Orochi which is good since you probably will want to avoid stalling for too long. Unfortunately, this evolution has worse awakenings than the other, but since this is the one with God typing, he's the preferred damage recipient for DMeta's leaderskill. This will change after DMeta's next leaderskill update comes to NA.

Same active skill:

Awoken Idunn & Idunna | Norse
    Physical/Devil
    HP: 3915
    ATK: 1732
    RCV: 219
    Rune Enhance - Water & Dark: (16 / 12) Water & Dark attribute cards ATK x2 for 2 turns. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn.
    The Awoken form of Idunn and Idunna is now out. They provide a two turn double Dark and Water boost along with a one turn haste. Their sub Dark attribute and physical typing gives them a big HP boost for the team. Their RCV is much lower now due to typing, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Their new Awoken skills make them useful for reaching 100% SBR and fitting either on a TPA or row DMeta team.

Awoken Viper Orochi | Japanese 1.0
    God/Dragon
    HP: 4790
    ATK: 1000
    RCV: 252
    Eight-Headed Suppression: (19 / 15) Delay 4 turns to all enemies.
    This new Viper Orochi now has a faster but one turn shorter delay. He has much more offensive awoken skills with a Water row, time extend and QUADRUPLE TPA. Skill boosts are especially useful for his own active but can be blocked by status shields that most bosses have. He has massive HP and mediocre ATK and RCV.

War Deity of the Magic Spear, Odin | Godfest Exclusive
    God/Physical
    HP: 4531
    ATK: 1291
    RCV: 548
    Diabolic Lance, Gungnir: (17 / 12) Inflict Dark damage equal to ATK x50 to 1 enemy, and drain 15% of the damage you dealt. Affected by enemy element and defense. Enhance Water orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board.
    Blue Odin's active got boosted with his ultimate to now enhance Water orbs. His major strengths lie in his huge HP and amazing awoken skills. Having him on a DMeta team already puts you at 9 skill boosts, and adds 3 water rows meaning you'll be 1 short for a water row capable team. His new triple TPA also makes him viable for a Water TPA based team. The stats were mostly unchanged aside from a slight boost to his ATK. With the HP buff now in place, Blue Odin is a mega stat stick to a DMeta team.

Same active skill:

Pikachu22, Jchunksgt and IAmRyan like this.
  5. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    ~ Fire ~
    Back in the day, many Attackers were either Dark or Fire, leading to the need of Fire subs for hybrid Fire/Dark teams for DMeta. Although that is no longer the case, if you have the subs for it, Fire can still be a very solid team. Fire/Dark hybrid teams should still focus on rows and skill boosts, as even many of the newer Fire subs don’t sport too many TPAs unlike Water. Additionally, sub Dark will benefit from DMeta's new added HP buff to her leaderskill.

Single Orb Changers

Phoenix Goddess, Valkyrie Femme | REM Only
    Healer/God/Attacker
    HP: 2508
    ATK: 1589
    Attack Stance - Fire: (11 / 5) Change Heart to Fire.
    The fastest orb change for fire types, RValk maxes at a 5 cooldown and has great awakenings. She can fill a sniping role with the double TPA and has a skill boost and double row enhance to help power the fire type attacks. Her active has great synergy with Yamato Takeru or Urd for creating numerous Fire orbs.

Same active skill:

Dominating Warrior King, Cao Cao | Three Kingdoms
    Dragon/Attacker
    HP: 3295
    ATK: 1956
    RCV: 27
    Carving One's Own Path: (14 / 9) Delay 1 turn to all enemies. Change Water to Fire.
    Unifying Martial Deity, Cao Cao | Three Kingdoms
    God/Attacker
    HP: 3195
    ATK: 1906
    RCV: 107
    Carving One's Own Path: (14 / 9) Delay 1 turn to all enemies. Change Water to Fire.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Another great pairing with Urd, Cao Cao has two part active as well. The first is changing Water to Fire, and the second is a 1 turn delay. The delay can be great as he's the only Fire attribute delay that is also on type for DMeta. He has great stats and awakenings for the team as well. This Fire/Wood form is preferred since it's the stronger sub and has an extra skill boost and two TPA awoken skills. Fire/Dark has more RCV and color synergy but loses out on awoken skills.

Same active skill:

Ruling Firestorm God, Set | Egyptian 2.0
    God/Attacker
    HP: 3450
    ATK: 1689
    RCV: 126
    Corona Blast: (17 / 12) Change Heart to Fire. Fire attribute ATK x1.5 for 1 turn.
    Set comes from the second Egyptian pantheon and is another heartbreaker. He comes at a much higher max cooldown, 12 turns, but has the added effect of a Fire ATK boost by 1.5x for 1 turn. He's probably more of a fallback heartbreak option if you don't have RValk, RGY, or Ares since his awoken skills aren't very synergistic with what you'd probably be aiming for aside for his one skill boost. His decently strong ATK is complemented by his ultimate evolution's triple TPA, so keep that in mind when matching Fire orbs.

Same active skill:

Multi Orb Changers

War Deity of Fury, Ares | Greek 2.0
    God/Attacker
    HP: 2912
    ATK: 2244
    Double Attack Stance - Fr: (16 / 8) Change Heart & Water to Fire.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Avenging War Deity, Ares | Greek 2.0
    God/Physical
    HP: 3712
    ATK: 1694
    RCV: 80
    Double Attack Stance - Fr: (16 / 8) Change Heart & Water to Fire.
    Ares is the Fire version of Hermes and Persephone, also with an 8 turn cooldown active. His dark subattribue evolution also works well if you just need someone to fill on a Dark based DMeta team and gets buffed by her leader skill. The new form doesn't get the buff but has more rows if you're going for a Fire heavy team. He has great stats for the team and one of the highest ATK ratings. Still a useful combo is popping Ares and then Hanzo for lots of Dark orbs. You could also pair his active with Urd for a full Fire board.

Same active skill:

Valiant and Loyal Deity, Guan Yu | Godfest Exclusive
    God/Dragon
    HP: 3945
    ATK: 1537
    RCV: 203
    Solid Fortitude: (12 / 6) Change Heart & Poison to Fire. Recover 3000 HP. Bind recovery for one turn.
    RGY is another heartbreaker option which is always a good thing for DMeta. His cooldown is a little higher than RValk's and maxes at 6. It has the added effect of healing though, so if you were needing some health to take a next floor preemptive attack but breaking the hearts you get 3000 HP added on so don't forget that when planning your moves. His Dark sub attribute allows for his generous HP to be further multiplied for the team. Additionally, his active can clear some unwanted Poison orbs if they are threatening your HP. Now he can also clear a turn of bind by using his active, and after another buff comes through from JP, it will be two tunrs of bind healed.

Same active skill:

Inferno Sorcerer, Laila | REM Only
    Attacker/Healer
    HP: 2025
    Fire Spell: (9 / 5) Change bottom-most row into Fire.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Laila is like Sharon but for Fire instead of Water. She converts the entire top row to Fire orbs, and it can be fast too at a max 5 cooldown. Unfortunately, she has no skill up material aside from herself and she comes from the REM (it's likely you'll accumulate some as she is considered a newer "troll" pull). She has solid awoken skills in TPA, Fire row enhance, and skill bind resist, but her HP stat is a little low.

Scorching Dragon Angel, Uriel | Angels 1.0
    God/Dragon/Healer
    HP: 2545
    ATK: 1892
    RCV: 606
    Miracle of Fire: (13 / 8) Change Light to Fire, Dark to Heart. Enhance Heart orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board.
    Uriel is kind of iffy because his active changes Light to Fire and Dark to Heart, which is bad because you're going to lose out on Dark damage from that change unless you convert something else. The skill cooldown maxes at 8 turns, and he has a solid set of awoken skills. His new super ultimate adds two more rows and 3 more auto recover. Like the previous form, you can leave off the last 3 awoken skills; you'll have to take one auto recover if you want the extra two fire rows though. He has unusually low HP and high RCV for a part Dragon typing, but his ATK got bumped pretty high with the super ultimate form. His active has been tweaked to now enhance Hearts, which can be good to heal up or break into Dark after converting them.

Same active skill:

Stormy God-Emporer, Yamato Takeru | Heroes
    God/Dragon
    HP: 3473
    ATK: 1251
    RCV: 428
    The Sword Kusanagi: (13 / 8) Change Wood to Fire, Dark to Heart.
    Yamato Takeru is the Heroes pantheon Fire ultimate. He has solid HP and RCV, but lower ATK. His active is similar to Uriel in changing Dark to Heart, and Green instead of Light to Fire. He carries a much stronger set of awoken skills however, with three skill boosts, extend time, bind recover, and fire row enhance, which would make him a more favorable pick over Uriel. The max cooldown of his skill is also 8 turns and he has his own survey dungeon for his skill up material.

Same active skill:

Dino Rider, Wild Drake | REM Only
    Attacker/Dragon
    HP: 2702
    ATK: 1960
    RCV: 80
    Fire&Wood Orbs Change: (13 / 7) Change Wood to Fire, Heart to Wood.
    Wild Drake is an option that existed even from before DMeta's ultimate. Unlike Gryps, he has no skill bind resist, and has Wood as one of his row enhances. Double TPA is nice, and he turns Wood to Fire and breaks Heart to Green. He has a lower HP but solid ATK thanks to the awoken skill and potential from the double TPA. On the plus side, his skill up drop from the ABE collaboration was much easier to obtain.

Same active skill:

Misato & AAA Wunder, Powered Up | EVA Collaboration REM
    Attacker
    HP: 2395
    ATK: 1680
    RCV: 282
    Emergency Launch!: (16 / 9) Change Dark & Heart to Fire.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The evolution of one of the Gold eggs from the EVA REM, this sub is like Ares with a double orb convert to Fire. Sadly, besides Heart, the other orb he converts is Dark which can hinder your overall Dark damage. His awoken skills are okay, along with his stats save for his better than average ATK.

Board Changers

Marvelous Red Dragon Caller, Sonia | Godfest Exclusive
    Dragon/Devil
    HP: 3297
    ATK: 1925
    RCV: 165
    Draco Summoning Circle - Fr & Dk: (19 / 12) Change all orbs to Fire & Dark.
    marvelous red dragon caller, sonia | PAD REM Exclusive
    Dragon/Devil
    HP: 3097
    ATK: 1925
    RCV: 165
    Draco Summoning Circle - Fr & Dk: (19 / 12) Change all orbs to Fire & Dark.
    RSonia has always been a viable sub for DMeta even before the ultimate due to her pairing active with Hanzo for a full board of Dark orbs. She brings that nice active along with a plethora of useful awoken skills: Dark row enhance, bind recovery, skill boosts, and a time extend. Her ultimate came out with DMeta's ult in NA and she has a nice pool of HP to help out the team too. Definitely consider using her if you are missing Haku or a different full board changer. The chibi version is new but carries an extra Dark Row and Fire row and one less skill boost and no Heart row bind recovery as well as 200 less HP. The sub Dark attribute also helps to further boost the team's HP.

Same active skill:

Awoken Leilan | Chinese
    Physical/Attacker
    HP: 3935
    ATK: 1607
    RCV: 202
    Suzako Seven-Star Formation: (13 / 9) Change all orbs to Fire, Wood & Light. Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn.
    Awoken Leilan is good if you want to go all for Fire. 2 Fire Orb and Fire Row enhances and a superior active with one turn haste compared to her other evolutions will be an excellent addition for the team. She still carries great stats and her active when paired with Dino Rider can create a Fire heavy board. You'll want changers who can convert Wood or Light to either Fire or Dark depending on which way the rest of your team comes out.

Same active skill:

Reminiscent Norn, Urd | Godfest Exclusive
    God/Attacker
    HP: 2715
    ATK: 1888
    RCV: 421
    Space-Time Tuning Circle - Fr / Wt: (14 / 9) Change all orbs to Fire, Water & Heart.
    The new evolution of Urd has many pairings to create Fire heavy boards: Ares, RGY, RValk, Cao Cao. Her awoken skills contribute a lot to team support and passive healing and damage with the enhanced Fire and Heart awokens. She has solid stats all around and will be useful for creating heals or large bursts depending on the orb changer you combo her with. A skill bind resist and time extend are always helpful as well.

Same active skill:

Shining Wing Kiriko Another | Shinrabansho Choco Collab REM
    Healer/God
    HP: 2288
    ATK: 1543
    RCV: 551
    Daydream Flame Attack: (14 / 10) Change all orbs to Fire, Light & Heart.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    This is the evolved form of one of the Gold eggs from the Shinrabansho Collab REM. She has a full board conversion to Light, Fire, and Hearts, so pairing her with someonet that can convert either Light or Heart to Fire will give a nice big burst. The cooldown maxes at 10 turns, which is solid for a full board conversion, although it is still slower than the Norn or Chinese actives. As a Healer, she has great RCV and low HP, with a middle ground ATK. She has a good set of awoken skills of which all 4 are useful and make her versatile.

Same active skill:

Utility

Awoken Horus | Egyptian 1.0
    Devil/God
    HP: 3375
    ATK: 1324
    RCV: 570
    Reversal Flame: (8 / 4) Enhance Fire orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board. Increases time limit of orb movement by 1 second for 1 turn.
    Awoken Horus is a nice Fire enhancer on a short cooldown when max skilled. He has great RCV and his HP will be boosted by DMeta's leaderskill. His set of awoken skills are also nice in that they contain 2 Skill Bind Resists, Time Extend, and double TPA and Skill Boost. A great pick if you're going to go for a Fire based team.

Red Ring Sorceress, Theurja | Farmable
    Attacker/Dragon
    HP: 1950
    ATK: 1650
    RCV: 246
    Summon Fire: (10 / 5) Randomly spawn 2 Fire orbs from non Fire orbs. Enhance Fire orbs. +6% per orb, up to +180% for full board.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Theurja is one of three potential boss drops from the Grimoires Descended dungeon. Her active spawns two random Fire orbs and enhances Fire orbs, so she is best used with a Fire heavy team. Not the most ideal sub, but if she's all you got, then use her. Her stats are not ideal, but she has no ultimate yet, which means there potential for improvement later. Her awakenings are also a bit subpar as they fit more with leads that focus on orb enhance.

Armored Blue Flame Knight, Nim | REM Only
    Attacker/Healer
    HP: 2068
    ATK: 1404
    RCV: 410
    Red Crest: (15 / 10) Attacker type cards ATK x2.5 for 1 turn. Inflict damage equal to ATK x30 to 1 enemy. Affected by enemy element and defense.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Nim is the replacement for King Flamie, as he provides much better stats at the cost of an extra 0.5x on the Attacker multiplier in his active. His awoken skills are only slightly better with a TPA and Skill Boost, but that's a solid improvement considering King Flamie has two weak awoken skills. His max cooldown is also shorter than King Flamie's, so if you need that extra overkill burst for a boss, this is a top contender.

Same active skill:

Shinra Sun God Apollo | Shinrabansho Choco Collaboration REM
    Attacker/God
    HP: 2301
    ATK: 1860
    Super Shinra - Blazing God Devastation: (20 / 15) Inflict Fire damage equal to ATK x50 to all enemies. Affected by enemy element and defense. Fire & Water attribute cards ATK x2 for 1 turn.
    This Apollo has a nice burst active for DMeta Fire based teams. It gives 2x attack to Fire and Water attributes, meaning DMeta will also benefit. The active has a 15 turn cooldown when max skilled. Unfortunately, his awoken skills leave more to be desired, and although he has great ATK, his low HP and nonexistant RCV means you'll need to make up for that elsewhere on the team.

Same active skill:

Shinra Soul Beast Sai | Shinrabansho Choco Collaboration REM
    Dragon/God
    HP: 3080
    ATK: 1612
    RCV: 65
    Super Shinra - Gathering Cloud Devastation: (20 / 15) Inflict Fire damage equal to ATK x50 to all enemies. Affected by enemy element and defense. Fire & Dark attribute cards ATK x2 for 1 turn.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Sai is similar to Apollo in his active, but it is more accommodating for hybrid Fire/Dark DMeta teams. It gives 2x attack to Fire and Dark attributes for 1 turn on a 15 cooldown max skilled. His awoken skills are also more offensive, trading the Fire resists for a Fire orb enhance. He has big HP and solid ATK but very low RCV. This guy is great since DMeta will also let his HP be multiplied for the team total.

Same active skill:

King Flamie | Farmable
    Attacker
    HP: 1037
    ATK: 757
    Attack Enhancement: (17 / 12) Inflict damage equal to ATK x10 to 1 enemy. Affected by enemy element and defense. Attacker type cards ATK x3 for 1 turn.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    King Flamie was once the key burst for DMeta teams before other burst options came out. The pros are that he takes less experience to max level and is a farmable burst. Outweighing those are many cons: useless awoken skills, off color, very low stats, longer cooldown. If you're lacking enough burst due to not having enough on type cards, Flamie can be a good filler. He can also be good if you're trying for lower cost to get a higher score for Tamadra.

Sword-Wielding God of Victory, Freyr | Norse
    God/Dragon
    HP: 3355
    ATK: 1402
    RCV: 437
    Flame Enhancement: (17 / 9) Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn. Fire attribute ATK x1.5 for 3 turns.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Freyr, the Blazing Swordsman | Norse
    God/Attacker
    HP: 2775
    ATK: 1652
    RCV: 437
    Flame Enhancement: (17 / 9) Reduces cooldown of other skills by 1 turn. Fire attribute ATK x1.5 for 3 turns.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Either evoluton of Freyr is solid, and can be used depending on whether you want more HP or more ATK. The awoken skills are the same, and aside from the enhanced HP, he brings two Fire row enhances and a skill boost. His active is the same as I&I and Loki but for Fire types, which probably isn't as good as the first two since DMeta doesn't have Fire in either main or sub attribute. He has two farmable skill up materials, so getting the 1.5x multiplier for 3 turns to the max 9 turn cooldown shouldn't be extremely difficult.

Same active skill:

Asuka & Upgraded Eva Unit-02, Code 777 | EVA Collaboration REM
    Attacker
    HP: 1345
    ATK: 1813
    RCV: 401
    What are you, stupid?: (15 / 5) Give 5 seconds to move orbs without triggering matches.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Asuka is another Silver egg from the EVA REM. Her active is basically a 5s CTW. It can be max skilled to a quick 5 turns, which is a luxury considering she has no skill up material. Her most useful awoken skill is the Fire Row enhance. Her ATK stat is very high, and she has solid RCV but atrocious HP.

Art Goddess of Entertainment, Ame no Uzume | Japanese 2.0
    God/Balanced
    HP: 3145
    ATK: 1325
    RCV: 501
    Healing Cheer: (11 / 8) All attribute cards RCV x1.5 for 4 turns. Bind recovery for 4 turns.
    Ame no Uzume serves a strong utility role if you want to yo-yo heal. She gives all cards 1.5x RCV for 4 turns and has a 4 turn bind recover, which is larger than LMeta's. She can be skilled to 8 cooldown max and has decent stats and great RCV. Her awoken skills also complement her healing abilities with two auto recovers; there's also a little damage help with the Fire orb and row enhance. With the new ultimate she is also unbindable and packs a skill boost too.

Same active skill:

God of the Destroying Lance, Odin | Godfest Exclusive
    God/Attacker
    HP: 4189
    ATK: 2143
    RCV: 154
    Destroying Lance, Gungnir: (20 / 15) Inflict Dark damage equal to ATK x50 to all enemies. Affected by enemy element and defense. Inflict Poison damage equal to ATK x10 to all enemies every turn. Ignore enemy element and defense.
    Like his Water counterpart, ROdin is a statstick sub with 4k HP and 2k ATK. Being on type even before the ultimate, ROdin is a great utility tool as well, with triple skill boost and mortal poisoning that can be skilled up to 15 turns max cooldown and powerful due to scaling off his high ATK. Another bonus is that he has 4 Fire row enhances and has the on color sub attribute which boosts his already high HP. The chibi version does have three TPA but the stats of the original and largely superior.

Same active skill:

Jchunksgt likes this.
  6. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Team Compositions

Now that you have a massive list of potential subs to use, who do you pick as your four subs? Prioritize orb changers that synergize well with each other to create boosts. Consider awoken skills, and keep in mind the dungeon mechanics that you are up against. When building teams for descends, you might have some staple subs, but the other spots can be changed up to deal with binds, opponent board changes, blinds, skill binds, etc.

My typical DMeta team looks like this:

This gives me:
    - fast orb change in a max skilled Hanzo
    - mini burst with Persephone
    - giant burst with Hanzo + Haku
    - HP control with Lu Bu (burst too for half the team, but I find it is really overkill for most dungeons)

I believe the biggest thing to prioritize is having a fast orb changer that works well with a mass orb changer for that big burst at the end of a dungeon. Remember to pack in your orb changers and to avoid redundant actives. You won't need Kushi and DIzanami along with your two DMetas because all their active skills are conflicting.

With that being said, I'll provide some sample starting frameworks for building your DMeta teams.

These combos will give you typically 2/3 Dark board and 1/3 another color.
    These will give you full Dark boards.
    And these are just some other examples of big burst options.
    Fill the empty spaces as needed. Persephone and Gryps are both solid orb changers in any of those lineups. If you have one of a big burst set and not the other, feel free to use that one! Keep the Dark orbs flowing and you'll do alright. Use duplicates if you want to. A team with 2 Hakus and 2 Hanzos (lucky you if you have this) is amazing. Or two complementary sets like having Haku/Hanzo/Pandora/DValk is also extremely strong. If you're using off-type alternates, make sure you're doing enough damage with your Gods and Attackers on the rest of the team.

Those blank spots are also great for utility. In the recent Descend Challenge series, I used that first basic framework of DMeta/Hanzo/Haku and had different fillers for the descends.
    Last two slots included:
    Kushi + Apocalypse (Hera-Sowilo)
    RSonia + Tenth Angel (Hera-Ur)
    Apocalypse + Gryps (Hera-Beorc)
    LMeta + Apocalypse (Mephisto)

The sky's the limit now that any God is usable. If you have DMeta and viable green subs, maybe something like this:

Don't be afraid to test it out! That's going to be a very strong Wood God/Attacker team! You've got a big burst with Perseus and GValk, a mini burst in Artemis and fast orb changes through Sasuke and GValk!

What if I'm missing _____ from the REM?

Take a look at the sub list and all the alternate options you have. Some of those listed are skill up fodder for the REM card, but can be used for attempts at obtaining S-Rank in dungeons or as temporary place holders. Others might not be the most ideal choice, but might still have proper typing and still bring a lot to your team. They say DMeta is a REM heavy team for whales, but honestly, if you're trying to clear Legend+ dungeons like the different Rushes, it's gonna be that way with many leaders and with heavy time and plus egg investment too.

Just keep in mind that having the alternate options may hurt your HP pool, and with more premptive attacks appearing in Descends, you might have a harder time tanking those hits.

Really! The REM has trolled me so hard and I haven't gotten any Gods/Attackers besides DMeta!

If your luck has really been that bad (or you've been wasting stones rolling outside of Godfest) then here are a few more examples using only farmable subs.
    Advanced Building

So now you have a team full of God types and still you're struggling through some descends. Unfortunately, team building doesn't stop at picking the right subs who work well together and can take on the dungeon's mechanics. You'll eventually get to the point where you need firepower and faster skills.

Skill-Ups

This is a disheartening aspect of the game, but very rewarding once you get it done. Every card has a min and max cooldown for their skill. In order to make your cooldown lower and closer to the minimum, you need to skill it up. This can be done a number of ways.

The first, and most basic, is to feed it a monster who has the exact same skill. Exactly the same, same effect, same boost amount, same name, all of it. Now, this isn't a guaranteed up. It has a 10% chance of success (20% during double skill up times). That's where things get frustrating as if you have started already, you know the pain of feeding five monsters at a time and getting nothing in return.

The second method has a 100% success rate. The effort to put in though is very arduous. You can skill up a monster with absolute success if you feed it an exact duplicate that is max leveled and ultimate form. Based on this, it only applies to ultimate evolution monsters because if there's no ultimate, it won't work (ie. GZL). Another thing to note is how much EXP and materials it takes to do this. Maybe you somehow have 3 Dark Metatrons. Feeding Hand of the Dark God, Metatron to Arbiter of Judgement, Metatron won't do anything (they don't even have the same skill). You'll need to ultimate evolve the second, and max level it with 5 million EXP. It's a hefty investment, but well worth it if you're swimming in DMetas.

But there's a way to make things a tad easier (or harder). Somewhat recently, a new set of monsters were introduced. You can obtain them from some game mail events (in Japan, I don't recall us having it here), from completing high level Challenge dungeons, or farm them from alt. dungeons.

These monsters also give a guaranteed skill up. The easiest method of obtaining these is probably the level 6 of the challenge dungeons when they come around, or from Challenge Descends on floors you know you can already take down. Otherwise, they are extremely rare drops in the alt. dungeons, so much that the stamina required to obtain one is comparable to the stamina spent farming materials and leveling an ultimate duplicate to max.

If you obtain these, you'll want to use them on members that have no other skill up materials besides themselves. A lot of new REM ultimates fall under this category, a notable one being your leader DMeta. She takes 3 to max skill and serves as a great defensive tool for dungeons. Others you may consider for your other colors are the Awoken Greek 1.0 Gods, and Hera-Is/Hera-Ur new ultimates. Some spend them on hard to skill up monsters, typically ones where you have to evolve their skill up materials, like the Heroes and situationally the Chinese series (if you've suffered through enough heartache evolving chasers).

Even though you have a lot of skill boosts, someone like Hanzo can be up turn 1. But after that, he won't be ready until the end, or maybe even too late if he's not skill maxed at all! Having him max skilled versus not skilled can be the difference of using his skill many more times in a dungeon. For example, it takes you 20 turns to clear a dungeon of your choosing. An unskilled Hanzo can only be used twice, maybe 3 times if you have skill boosts. But if he's max skilled, you can use him 5 times! You don't need to worry about saving him to combo with Haku or RSonia later on because you know he'll be ready again!

In shorter descends, you'll want mini bursts like Pandora and Persephone ready for the sub boss. Sure DMeta teams have a lot of skill boosts, but it won't take care of skills that have initially high cooldowns. You'll want to make running collaborations or survey dungeons with skill up materials a priority.

+Eggs

Your God cards have monstrous stats. Your Attackers are already top of the line. How can you make them better? +Eggs! Every so often, you'll get a monster from a dungeon or egg machine with a + sign on their egg. This indicates that they have a small bonus to their stat. When you look at their info page, you'll see +1 next to the stat they have a bonus in. Each + in HP adds 10, in ATK adds 5, and in RCV adds 3. These may not seem like much at first, but the +s per stat stack to 99. That's an extra 990 HP, 495 ATK, and 297 RCV. Across a team of six, that's 5940/2970/1782 added on! Those are huge numbers and can really help you hit HP breakpoints, do tons of extra damage, and stall out with your bonus recovery.

If you are just starting out with DMeta and have gotten some plus eggs already, I'd hold off feeding the +RCV eggs to your teammates first until you get used to the playstyle. Don't feed them elsewhere! The RCV will definitely be useful in much harder descends where you'll almost always want to heal to full in order to keep tanking attacks. HP is especially useful in bumping up your overall survivability and reaching the HP breakpoints of certain dungeons. And more ATK is never a bad thing.

If DMeta is your dedicated number one team, you'll want to feed them to DMeta first. If you get to the point of maxing her out (congrats!) then start putting plus eggs on subs that you use in other teams. I run a Devil team with Lu Bu/RSonia leaders, but I only use Lu Bu on DMeta situationally. However, I do use Haku and Persephone almost all the time on both teams as subs, and so it'll be good for me to feed my next +eggs to one of them (I chose Haku). The direction is up to you, and don't forget that if you're still struggling with managing your HP, I'd hold off on feeding +RCV to your team right away.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    Jchunksgt likes this.
  7. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Dungeons

Here you can find coverage on strategies for beating different dungeons with DMeta teams. If you have a strategy for a dungeon, please reply to the topic and share and I'll credit you and add your guide to the list. If you want to share a strategy, please try to follow the format I'm using as much as you can so that everything looks more uniform.

Normal Dungeons
    Normal dungeons are what you start with when you first play the game. The opposing mosnters use no skills, so you can really cheese through everything with a GOdin + autohealer lead, but what's the fun in that? Anyways, you'll be farming here a lot for rank ups, notably Starlight Sanctuary as it has one of the best Rank EXP/stamina ratios in game. Another notable dungeon is Ocean of Heaven for it's great +egg/stamina ratio on weekends. T5 refers to Hyperion Lava Flow through Ocean of Heaven, and T6 refers to Vesta Cave through Starlight Sanctuary.

Starlight Sanctuary
    By Jolo0213

Low Cost By Taser

Legendary Earth
    By Jolo0213

Legendary Seaway (No RCV)
    By Jolo0213

Divine Queen's Sleepless Castle
    By Jolo0213

The Heroes Hideout - Two Heroes
    By Jolo0213

Technical Dungeons
    Technical Dungeons are the ones where monsters can use skills. You won't be farming here so much unless you like collecting Pengdras from the early ones or doing Forbidden Tower 4 for +egg farming. The Mechdragon Dungeon is here now, and Mystic Dragon dungeon is a good place to get Keepers if you need them for evolutions. Notable dungeons here are what used to be Zeus Descended, and also the last one where you can obtain Fagan.

The God-King's Floating Garden
    By Jolo0213

Legendary Hills
    By Jolo0213

Paradise of the Holy Beasts
    By Jolo0213

Weekday Mythical Dungeons
    On Tuesdays through Fridays, there is a Mythical level (Wednesday is classified as Legend) dungeon available for obtaining the high level evolution materials: Keeper of Gold, Ancient Masks, Trifruits, and Twinlits. These can be found under the special dungeons tab in game and have technical dungeon mechanics. With some skill ups, prepared teams can easily take on these dungeons.

Tuesday Dungeon - Keeper of Gold
    By Jolo0213

Wednesday Dungeon - Ancient Masks
    By Mysteria

By Jolo0213

Thursday Dungeon - Trifruits
    By Jolo0213

Friday Dungeon - Twinlits
    By Jolo0213

Challenge Dungeons
    These are a relatively newere style of dungeons that appear in the special dungeons tab. They usually run alongside the duration of an ongoing event. Typically, you'll see sub-dungeons you can attempt, with the first starting at 10 stamina to run increasing to 100 stamina for the hardest level. Levels 1-3 give you a stone and have normal mechanics. Levels 4-10 have technical mechanics and completing those 7 will also net you a stone. Usually, levels 6-10 have a Pii as the prize, so do your best to clear them as it's an easier way to obtain Piis.

Challenge Dungeons 1
    Level 7 By Mysteria

Challenge Dungeons 2
    Level 7 By Mysteria

Level 8 By Mysteria

Level 9 By Mysteria

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    Pikachu22, Jchunksgt and Zapper like this.
  8. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Descends

Descends are supposed to be the toughest dungeons in game. DMeta can make some of them trivial, but others will pose quite a challenge to the team, even if you have max leveled and members with good amounts of +eggs. Hopefully, some of the strategies here will help you and your DMeta team get through these dungeons. With a few exceptions, you're going to need key subs to do these dungeons. Many will be REM subs, and I'm not sure how viable using their listed alternates will be. If there is a different option, I'll try to mention them in the team notes.

If you have a strategy for a dungeon, please reply to the topic and share and I'll credit you and add your guide to the list. If you want to share a strategy, please try to follow the format I'm using as much as you can so that everything looks more uniform.

Yamatsumi Descended
    Mythical By Jolo0213

Hera-Ur Descended
    Mythical By Jolo0213

Hera-Is Descended
    Mythical By Jolo0213

Hera-Beorc Descended
    Mythical By Jolo0213

Mythical By Mysteria

Hera-Sowilo Descended
    Mythical By Jolo0213

Mythical/Legend By Mysteria

Athena Descended
    Mythical By Jolo0213

Beelzebub Descended
    Mythical By Jolo0213

Mephisto Descended (No RCV)
    Mythical By Jolo0213

Satan Descended (No RCV)
    Mythical By Jolo0213

The Thief Descended
    Mythical By Jolo0213

The Goddess Descended
    Mythical By Jolo0213

Takeminakata Descended (No Wood/Dark)
    Mythical By Jolo0213

Zeus-Dios Descended
    Mythical By Jolo0213

Zeus Vulcan Descended
    Mythical By Mysteria

Grimoires Descended
    Mythical/Legend By Jolo0213

Thoth and Sopdet Descended
    Mythical By Jolo0213

Noah Descended
    Mythical By Jolo0213

Wadatsumi Descended
    Legend By Jolo0213

Heracles Descended
    Legend By Jolo0213

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    Jchunksgt likes this.
  9. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Friend List

NA Friends
    EU Friends
    Click Here for the List

Helpful Links

Dark Metatron Reboot - the previous Dark Metatron topic by Jim Me
    http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/team-building-dark-metatron-reboot.48675/

PuzzleRifful Dark Metatron Playlist - this has some commentated walkthroughs for different descends and challenge dungeons using DMeta
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKqEqPXen838Rt_m64oVE-ak35bwenlFR

Change Log

[3/10/2016] Version 3.3
    [2/13/2016] Version 3.2
    [2/1/2016] Version 3.1
    [12/15/2015] Version 3.0
    [10/30/2015] Version 2.0
    [8/17/2015] Version 1.3
    [7/17/2015] Version 1.2
    [6/23/2015] Version 1.1
    [4/21/2015] Version 1.0.0 | Live

Jchunksgt and BarryTheBot like this.
  10. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Guide Contributions

Dungeon/Descend Writeups

• Taser
    • Mysteria

Extra thanks to Jim Me for starting the previous topic for awhile and whatever information I pulled into here!

Closing Remarks

That concludes the new and improved Dark Metatron guide! Thanks for reading! I hope you were able to find the information presented here useful or enlightening. Don't forget, if you want to contribute something, reply to the topic or shoot me a message and I'd love to add it in. My dream for this is to be a collaborative effort with tons of different strategies on how to take things on with lots of different variety. DMeta has such a flexible build now, and my approach to things is only one of many.

Thanks again for reading! Enjoy playing PAD with Arbiter of Judgement, Metatron!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    Jchunksgt and ningon like this.
  11. T-Money

T-Money Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking this project on, The old threads were in much need of an update with the ultimate evolution. I look forward to seeing what you post. DMeta is far too powerful of a lead to not have a relevant guide!

12. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Well with the new forum change I need to edit the BB code tags hahaha.

13. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Updated with more Gameplay mechanics (row enhancements, skill boosts, skill bind resist) and sub comments all through Fire.

Next up is Other choices (light and wood) and Non God/Attackers.

Once the forum switchover settles down a bit more, I'll add more info to the subs, such as if they are farmable or what REM pantheon they are from and they're specific typing. The new styling and lack of some options is just bugging me a bit still.

14. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Gameplay and Team Building sections more or less complete. I'll be adding in dungeon strategies starting from the Weekday and Normal dungeons in the next few days. Also changing the format of how I list monsters to replicate the style of formatiing seen in DMeta right now.

Future plan: I'm going to use the graphics for awoken skills as seen in the section with Kushi and LMeta and stuff by creating a single image of that card's awoken skills to fit the post image restrictions.

15. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Updates:
    - moved leader pairings to top of team building section
    - added more sample farmable teams
    - started dungeons section
    - fixed more formatting of subs (have Fire utility and all of Water left)

16. Mysteria

Mysteria •?•

User ID:
    EU: 781 949 240
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice job!

For template teams, I'd rather put in dmeta/sonia sister, dark attacker instead of your double dmeta setup. (I also think that the sonias should be mentioned waaayy earlier in the list of possible subs.)

It's also very possible to run two off type subs for a lot of content, not just one.

Your king of the gods sample team can easily drop lubu as long as you can tank with dmeta. And can be a lot less rem heavy too. I've done it with dmeta, chibi haku, hanzo, vampire, drawn joker.

By the way, I've saved my current team setups I use for the weekly mythical dungeons in my padherder if you need more input on those. Most of them are run with dmeta, which means all except keeper of gold and weeked. :)

17. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Thanks! What do you mean by DMeta/Sonia sister, dark attacker?

And yeah, I realize they have a lot of firepower especially with Dark heavy board burst combos. I'll post my old DMeta clearing team for KoG too then.

18. Mysteria

Mysteria •?•

User ID:
    EU: 781 949 240
    PADherder:
    link
    Your third sample team is dmeta, dmeta, attacker dragon. I think dmeta/sonia (red blue or green) /dark attacker or god needs to be mentioned too as an option. :)

19. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Ahh okay... not sure where you're seeing two DMeta, but I put in pairings with Sonia in the sample teams that give full dark boards bursts. ^_^

And thanks for sharing your teams, I've got a Keeper of Gold strategy but I'll do a writeup for your Wednesday Mythical team.

20. Jolo0213

Jolo0213 Active Member

User ID:
    Weekday guides are up and sub formats are all consistent now! I'll be adding a Fagan clear strategy sometime today before tackling descends.