[TEAM GUIDE] DQXQ - Selfish Devotion: A Double Qiaos Compendium

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by Efreet, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah... but i suppose i have to redo that sign cause with the new format the icons are really fugly..

2. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Whew. DQ vs. Devil Rush worked on the first try (sorry @Efreet, didn't see your message in time). But there was some luck involved--I didn't even end up using Mastering on the boss.

(Cleared most of the other Devil Challenge dungeons with DQ also, Mephisto took two tries 'cuz I forgot about the last wave :p )

Devil Rush Details:

1: Can't tank a hit. Knocked him below 50% immediately, then let him bind dragons and unbound them with LMeta, buying time to ensure DQ would be up for 2.

2: Got Vampire. The only thing that could go wrong would be to knock him below 50% and then get an unsolvable board...which I did, somehow. Popped lots of actives and cleared most of the board, leaving up 2/3 of a green column. GungHo was accommodating and dropped a third green to keep me alive.

3: I *hate* stalling on this guy. It's doable with actives, but you have to make sure actives are ready for the next two waves. Ended up beating him with everyone ready but LMeta, meaning I had to kill Satan before he started binding stuff (just in case).

4: Satan gives you several turns to recharge skills, but since all skills were ready except LMeta (who helps with Satan's binds), I went for it. Popped DQ + Thor 'cuz I had lots of dark orbs. Couldn't see a good way to make rows, but there was a fairly easy combo with four light matches, which got the job done. Would have had one more turn to finish him, if I'd needed it.

5: Mastering's 20% blocked the poison. Pretty funny. Could have still used him for a better board, but the initial board was great. Popped Valk + DQ, made two easy rows, and finished it.

Derpinator likes this.
  3. It3mUs3r

It3mUs3r Moo Moo Lem Lem

did.....did your team change in that last pic? I call shenanigans!

4. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    those are clears for the whole devil challenge

Firenmage likes this.
  5. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

Yah lol and that one is Dragon only so he had to put those crappy dudes

6. It3mUs3r

It3mUs3r Moo Moo Lem Lem

7. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Poor dragon knights. They ain't so bad.

8. II Blitz II

II Blitz II Member

7 Shirons, and at level 3. Good timing with Light Sprite coming at the same time the 2.5x Skill up event is running. 3 more to go.

9. Cindereous

Cindereous Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi all! Im a semi-new player. After a whole day of reroll I rolled Dqxq, the first one i get that is listed on the recommended reroll list.
    Further research revealed that she is a very good leader to start with. A few sources claim that she is not very good late game, but that is because she didnt have uevo back then. Now that she has uevo is she decent late game? I have no plan to give her up, but i am curious.

10. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I think it's a great starting roll. A strong leader from the beginning who takes some skill to use (so you'll get better at matching), but not too much. DQXQ is a reasonably strong late-game leader. You can't run the absolute hardest stuff, but you can run Mythical descends and even rushes (which are beyond Mythical) if you invest enough in the team. Beyond that, DQXQ's active is really strong, making it a good sub on some other light teams.

11. Cindereous

Cindereous Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for the reply! and thank you Efreet for the guide, this really helped a lot.

I hope this isnt the wrong place to ask. But im currently stuck at Hyperion Lava Flow- Blazing dragon. I cant do any damage to him except for water attack. in the spoiler(large image file warning, sorry I have no idea how to make SC smaller) are my team and box, I know my team is pathetic, but I have been trying to get a naga with no luck. What would be the best thing I can do to improve my team right now?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  12. falcogief

falcogief New Member

User ID:
    Why isn't Arthur a more popular sub for a DQXQ team? With Venus' preferred evo now lightblue, there aren't many lightdark subs to choose from. Arthur has good awakenings, decent stats (outside recovery but that's not a problem on a DQXQ team), and his active is essentially another DQXQ burst. It's actually a little cooler, because it only touches dark and hearts so you don't need to worry about keeping blue and green on the board AND it combos with DQXQ's active since it leaves bunches of dark orbs on the board.

13. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

Arthur skill is awkward, dark heartbreaker is dumb, and dark is covered by Baal or Diza or Dvalk or something similiar. I would much rather have a utility slot in the dark place like DIza. Also with Arthur you need a red sub like lkali or ehidna.

14. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    His active is a single orb changing to light by itself, you'd have to combo it with something like Valk or DQXQ, both which essentially give the same end result with heal and dark changed to light. He isn't a bad sub, the issue with him is that 7 is a bit too high to be a short cd orb changer, especially with him doing basically the same thing as Valk. The awakenings are nice but not nice enough to replace Valk. On a TPA team, I'd definitely keep him though, double TPAs for an orb changer are nice.

15. Supp

Supp Extreme Topaz Slime, Shynee

So now that the sisters have been far apart for a while, I notice that on my friend's list it's about 75% DQ / 25% XQ. I went XQ thinking that she'd probably be more popular (wrong again). I've been wondering if I should switch allegiances, but here's my thinking.

Pro XQ
    1. XQ is my farming lead. I won't really want to think too hard while I farm, so quite frankly she'll have a larger hp pool and it stinks when you accidently die while farming.
    2. XQ will make it easier to find a DQ for no dupe dungeons like the coin dungeons while pii farming.
    3. XQ is cute

Pro DQ
    1. DQ has better awakenings making her a better damage dealer lead.
    2. DQ makes a better sub due to her awakenings
    4. DQ is cute.

Notes:
    1. If I need a heavier hitter lead I'll move to Santa Kirin/ Lkali.
    2. DQ and XQ don't make good subs on either my LKali or Santa Kirin teams ( I don't have RValk so they'll just eat up my reds).

based on this I chose XQ, but I'm checking to make sure that the general forum reasoning hasn't changed...

16. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm just going to answer roughly cause there is basically no drawback in leading with one over another and both uevos require reasonably easy materials in case you want to switch often.
    For most content, even hard one, both can reach every required hp threshold, leader DQ may requires more + eggs at the beginning but you want to hyper XQ anyway, mismatching leaders offer the best of both worlds.
    DQ lead, its truly worthy if you can heavy stack rows, other than that the main benefit is the easier 100% skill bind immunity.
    XQ higher possible hp, with the right subs you can mimic almost 100% DQ benefits, sub wise she's only worth on Athena.

If you want more XQ lead pairs i suggest checking again the friend spreadsheet, since it should have been updated with the choice of uevo, reddit and the facebook group also have a lot of potential hypered friends.

17. Supp

Supp Extreme Topaz Slime, Shynee

My XQ is hyper'd, and I do have an awoken Venus for a heavy row DQ team but I'll still with my guns for now. I'm just making sure I didn't miss anything "big" along the way. Besides when farming piis in coin dungeons we have to mix (no dupes) DQ and XQ anyways. moving to DQ means I have to grab a whole bunch of new XQ friends.

18. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    efreet is muh only xq friend

something is wrong in the world

19. pidimension

pidimension Yahallo!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    hi i'm kinda back

@icebarrier sorry i'll put my up on 1 from now on :p

cauchemar - don't put baal on the last slot if you're running this. I forgot about dark absorb lol

REALLY BAD sonia gran run, thank god for skyfall

Derpinator likes this.
  20. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    YESH PIGI U LIVE!!!

Congrats on the Gran clear, I botched mine up x(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.