[Team Guide] Fall Wind Jasper Dragon Caller, Kaede

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Seika, Nov 21, 2015.

1. PandoraFTW

PandoraFTW Member

User ID:
    PandoraFTW
    I have never tried Arena with kaede so please do take what i say with a pinch of salt!

First you should inherit ishida on verdandi for an equally good board change + 2 turn haste

The only pros for Wee Jas are that it gives you two time-extend awakenings and also a delay and it has a bind-clear awakening so it guarantees bind clear...but I think if you do not run out of time when making the cross and wood combos I think Parvarti is definitely better because you can manage your skills and make sure you have a bind-clear active when it is required, Parvarti has better stats and the devil killer awakening on Wee Jas can come back and bite you when you face Parvarti in arena...

SamS likes this.
  2. T.U.M.

T.U.M. New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Personally I would trade out Vishnu for Osiris. Osiris with 5 cool down and turns up the right side into wood is a great use. Especially when you have 2 heart orbs not on the right, Osiris then a Kaede (so long as there is at least 1 wood orb on the board) and you have the level done. And he is up in 3 more turns after this turn. I would take that over 2 random wood generation + skyfall anyday.

SamS likes this.
  3. SamS

SamS ham^_-

Ahh, good idea inheriting ishida onto verdandi! I really like that actually, and gives me a use for my 3 ishida haha

I see, the bind clear awakening would be really useful actually.. but I'm not sure it's worth the struggle of having a devil killer on parv.. haha thanks!

That's a good point, except osiris is actually on a 4 cooldown, not 5! so it's actually even better haha

The only thing is that osiris and parv both don't have a sbr so I wouldn't be at 100% then, so I can't take both :x also vishnu's getting a pretty boss ult soon with 2 fingers, 2 sbr and much better stats!

4. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The team you stated is good. I don't have Parv but WeeJas is great. Two fingers, two killers, and heart-making active with a delay. I have Thumbelina inherited onto him. Likely just a matter of preference, but WeeJas allows bind clearing with both actives, and he has a bind-clear awakening too in case you don't want to burn the active. His Devil killer paired with his lack of TPA means that he doesn't go over damage on enemies like Sopdet and Parv.

I have used Baldin and Facet both -- For Baldin, you make a cross on the first turn to tank the hit, then you can usually one-shot turn 2 with a good board. In case you don't quite finish her off, the shield is there to protect you.

For Facet, you just need a cross + 2 TPAs, which will kill Kali through her shield. It's easier than the Baldin strategy but if you mess up your killshot, you die.

I don't think Osiris is necessarily better than Vish, but either way I'd inherit something onto them due to their low cooldowns. You could even inherit Osiris onto Vishnu.

T.U.M is correct in saying that Ishida is a good inherit.

5. T.U.M.

T.U.M. New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Never really had an issue with the SBR thing but i had Freyja not vishnu so maybe that's why? Or anaCeres. But the 4 cooldown is very noticeable.

6. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Man, life really sucks sometimes.. Updates inc this evening, need to get caught up on client work in the meantime. Really sad that GFE REM blindsided me and I didn't have the funds to buy a couple packs and chase that third Kaede..

Super excited for R.Parv and really hoping that A.Perseus, whenever he gets here, goes TPAs instead of rows. He's perfect for Kaede except for those rows..

7. T.U.M.

T.U.M. New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I`m thinking of actually getting myself an R.Parv and inheriting my AnaCeres onto her :O

8. iammeh

iammeh Back to playing on Alt. Account

So who should be my fifth on a team with 3 kaedes/parvati (with bind clear + fixed damage inherit)? Goal mostly for arena farming.

9. PandoraFTW

PandoraFTW Member

User ID:
    PandoraFTW
    I have never done arena with Kaede but based on my experience with Myr, a board change such as Verdandi, Sylvie or Ishida would be optimal in order reset board and clear unusable boards (e.g. Beelzebub).

iammeh likes this.
  10. iammeh

Okay. Thanks. Guess I'm keeping my verdandi then. Probably inherit sylvie

11. chiubag

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah probably Verd. Sylvie can go on Kaedes or Verd herself. Not sure about your inherits but for Arena you'll probably want a spike for Kali (Baldin or Facet).

iammeh likes this.
  12. iammeh

I have neither but Kanna looks like she'll do the job

13. ayam7971

ayam7971 New Member

User ID:
    ayam7971
    Hi all, for all this time im a silent reader for this forum. For non IAP i lucky enough to roll 2 kaede and I need a suggestion to perfect my kaede team since i have trouble clearing arena 1.

My current team is: Kaede - Kaede - Verdandi, Vishnu and Wee jas. All max skill and for 297 only for kaedes. For inheritance it self, i only inherit Vishnu with perseus's Active.

Can you all give advice on how i perfect my team to clear Arena 1? Thank you in advance...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  14. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    @iammeh More support for Verd. Worse AS than Sylvie but it's shorter CD, and she has better awakenings than Ishida. I'm personally debating swapping out MeiMei for Ishida just because his active is that much better. It's a shame his G/D evo didn't give him a second TPA..

@chiubag Have you found you actually need a damage spike for L.Kali? I would think with a proper combo - heart-cross and 3 TPAs, you'd get her down to <65% no problem. o_O; I really do need to just pop a +297 onto either MeiMei or Ishida and jump into Arena1 already..

@ayam7971 Hi there! The only way I could see that team getting better is +297ing the rest of the subs. It really does make a difference, as does max-skilling them all, if you haven't done that yet! What are you having trouble with in Arena1?

15. ayam7971

ayam7971 New Member

User ID:
    ayam7971
    @Seika Appreciated your input. I did max skill all of them but havent +297 verdandi, vishnu and wee jas. Guest i concentrate to hypermax them. And i think i need to inherit my kaede with any monster with long CD to avoid skill delay. Because most of my trouble came from skill delay for clearing arena 1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NA Rank 440
    Sakuya - A.Shiva - Kaede
    PAD Herder

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  16. chiubag

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Seika I find requiring a 3 TPA board on Kali's first turn a bit too unreliable for my tastes. I used to use Baldin and make a cross on turn one, then one-shot on turn two, but now I just use Facet and make 2 TPAs + cross to kill through the shield. This is for A1. For A3 you might end up without an inherit up so you might have to hope for / make a 3 TPA board on Kali and deal with her the slow way.

@ayam7971 Definitely 297 all your subs. I would inherit a Fairy Girl onto WeeJas -- this has worked extremely well for me.
    For Skill Delay, I'd just put 2-3 on Kaede and inherit something actually useful onto her. There's nothing in A1 that's that bad when it comes to skill delay.

17. ayam7971

ayam7971 New Member

User ID:
    ayam7971
    @chiubag Yes i will 297 all my subs and great idea to inherit WeeJas with Fairy Girl. Thanks a bunch!

NA Rank 440
    Sakuya - A.Shiva - Kaede
    PAD Herder

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    chiubag likes this.
  18. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    @chiubag Huh, thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind when I jump into Arena, as I actually have a Facet and Shynpys sitting around.. Who do you toss Facet onto? I feel like it would be best on one of the non-Kaede subs, assuming you don't have three of them, maybe Vishnu?

19. chiubag

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I used to run:

Kaede(Ishida)/Kaede/Kaede/WeeJas(Baldin)/Phact(Thumbelina).

Now I run:

Kaede(Ishida)/Kaede(Baldin)/Kaede(Facet)/WeeJas(Thumbelina)/Phact

Thumbelina on WeeJas actually works better because it frees up my Phact. I've been concentrating on removing non-green orbs every turn so I don't end up clogging the board with useless orbs and I don't end up needing to use so many actives. This way I can still afford to save one Kaede unused (usually after floor 12 or so) so that Facet is up in time for Kali.

The Baldin inherit on second Kaede is sort of a useless one... probably just for SDR. I might move him off to my Miru team and inherit something more useful like Indra or Orochi onto her. Ideally I'd like to roll a Sylvie and put her onto Phact or Kaede, but for A1 you really don't need inherits much.

But yes, if you don't have so many Kaedes, probably better to put onto someone not Kaede, and who doesn't make hearts, I guess. Whoever you can afford to not use after around floor 12.

20. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    What's it like having three Kaedes? ;__; Thanks for sharing your thought process! I think I sold my Phact ages ago, actually, not sure, heheh. I'm guessing it works well for you? I was recently thinking of tossing Perseus onto Vishnu until we see the former's Awoken form, but perhaps Facet would be better..

It's interesting that you're not running a board-changer.. Do you just plan for Ishida to be up in time for Beelz or similar?

And yeah, I try to clear out as many orbs as I can each turn, just so there's less of a need to use actives - that would definitely be something I want to do in Arena, where an AS can make or break a run.