[Team Guide] Hell Eye's Evil Duchess, Gremory

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by *A44, Sep 22, 2016.

1. FatDuck

FatDuck New Member

User ID:
    386 539 319
    I've been playing Grem for some time now and I love her burst. My dark box is pretty plentiful and i've been experimenting with subs as of late.

My current team is Grem - Typhon - A.Yomi(Orochi) - A. Panda - D/D Akechi
    I can clear a ton load with this but I wanna experiment.

I rolled another Grem this past PCGF and I'll buy Plum when she comes around. How does this team sit?

Grem - Typhon - A. Panda - Plum - Grem

2. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It is fine but the more haste you have the better. Gremory unfortunately has none. Also currently Gremory's awakenings aren't that fantastic compared to a lot of other dark options out there. She is unbindable which is nice but doesn't offer any TPAs for trash floors and her one row isn't great for when you need a huge hit. I would consider tossing a board change on her if you are going to use her. Let her carry a burst since she is unbindable. The Gremorys and Typhon should be able to bail you out if your team gets bound and you can't use or don't want to use a Gremory active at that moment.

3. Glutes

Glutes Active Member

I fully agree. The fastest, safest and most consistent way to clear sophadet has been burn an active turn 1 row it out and save hearts. Now that she is in the dark you cross and match 3 and a few combos to finish.

Also the for the post above me talking about resolves, 6.5x is not going to hurt any resolves, Myr does it just fine with 7.7x and no other options.

And for the other post asking about subs, I personally wouldn't use typhon if you don't have akechi to back him up. If you have Ishida I would SI him on your grem, Apoc or Ryunne would also make a decent SI.

4. FXStrato

FXStrato Neonine

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's how I clear sopdet. Burn actives, and row it out until dark. What Grem needs right now without a straight upgrade to an uvo is better awakenings. An OE and TE would be great and some stat boosts.

5. Redmy

Redmy Member

1 turn haste on her active would be sweet

6. Glutes

Glutes Active Member

I feel she needs at least 2 OE to mske it worth it so you get 4 with leads.

7. FXStrato

FXStrato Neonine

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That, or a minimal boost to hp and rcv, like Z8 or something.

8. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

User ID:
    [US] 375 256 244
    PADherder:
    link
    I agree, but I think this is a long shot to happen. That would make a full haste team for a lot of people--or at least 4-5.

9. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It is a long shot but should happen. There is no reason that Gremory shouldn't be that good due to her rarity.

10. FXStrato

FXStrato Neonine

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That would be rather broken if you compare it to other similar actives. Paimon, Kaede both give three hearts and three colored orbs respective of their type, but they don't bind clear, and in return, they have haste. They are also both 6 star gfes, so having a haste for grem is way too much of a long shot. Boosting the bind clear to 3 seems fair to me.

11. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Another finger and another turn of bind clear. And they better give her Christmas counterpart the same treatment. I actually like her better. Mainly for the sub pool, and access to Urd/Sanada for spike without having to inherit is really really nice.

Haste would be nice, but I dont think they would do a 6 turn active with haste.

12. FXStrato

FXStrato Neonine

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Regular Grem can also spike with Armored Batman and A. yomi. But urd sanada has better overall awakenings. I would have rolled for her if I had a samada, but regular Grem is good enough for me :shame:

13. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Really Gremory is better than Christmas Gremory. She has no color weakness and several good burst options through either direct subs or inherits including but not limited to Haku to Akechi, Typhon or Ana to Akechi, Cecil or Apocalypse to Persephone, Ryune to Akechi, Ishida to Pandora etc.

It would be cool to have Christmas Gremory but really with probably the exception of Blue Myr if there is a light or dark version of the card it will always be the best simply because of the resistance. There are enough options out there now especially with SI that sub limitations only exist in really extreme circumstances like XM or RaDra.

14. FXStrato

FXStrato Neonine

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    To be honest, I haven't run with a lot of different subs on my Grem team. I farm A1 with her, and my current team of Grem/Plum/Uuvo Panda/A.Panda/A.Yomi has not failed me yet, even through Parvati and Sopdet spawns. Being able to combo Ishida and Armored Batman SI's with Panda is just too good to pass up.

15. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I still love me some dark gremory, dont get me wrong :D. I have two Dantalions, so I literally have a perfect team for the red one. I guess that is how it feels to have two plums, which I do not :-/. The constant haste is so freaking nice. I also don't have armored Batman, so there's that. I can literally run Red Gremory with no inherits and have no problems at all in arena, except Parvati. (So that is my one inherit, a delay on my gremory to stall up so I can kill her).

16. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm building an ALB team for farming SDR latents, but I'm not sure where I'd put them on my Gremory team. Would you give them to a short cd haste like plum or Grem because her active charges faster in multi-player and is available to both players?

17. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    Plum and Grem are your ideal targets.

18. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    @bobphillips1976 So based on your experience with double Dantalions, would you recommend a second Plum? I'm considering trying something like Gremory (Typhon+SDR)/Plum (SDR)/Plum/A. Yomi (Ishida)/A Panda/Gremory. I farm mp pretty regularly, but don't really feel like farming the mats (or even have optimal subs) for the mp dragons. I was pretty convinced I wanted double Plums, but I've recently noticed that all the recommended set ups in JP no longer include more than one Plum, which makes me wonder if there has been some kind of shift in people's understandings of optimal Grem teams...for those of you who haven't checked recently here are the recommended set ups:
    Game8: Grem/Plum/A. Panda/A. Panda/DD Akechi/Grem
    Gamewith: Grem/A. Panda/A. Panda/UUEVO Panda/Plum/Grem
    Appmedia: Grem/Plum/DD Akechi/Anaphon/A. Panda/Grem
    Whatever this means, I do appreciate that none of the subs are JP only :) My hunch is that A. Panda is preferred to Plum because of 1) better awakenings and 2) more hearts and dark orbs that can be tucked away for subsequent floors. From my experience Akechi's damage is overkill in most dungeons, especially since his lack of TEs hurts my ability to combo. I've actually been playing with the idea of inheriting Akechi (even though I have just one) because my Anaphon team has the same issue with him. If I inherit him, it would probably be on Grem since she lacks a haste and fits nicely on Anaphon's teams if I want him for a spike there. Of course, that would limit my haste chaining. My dream for the Grem buff is for her leader skill to gain built in TEs like Myr's, but I doubt that'll happen.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  19. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My signature is out of date by a couple months but th Gremory team there is the one I use. I take having haste with every active as a huge deal. It is extremely nice to have. It makes life so much easier. Even all of my inherits that I have on the team have haste except for the delay that I keep around for Hino and his nonsense.

Faust likes this.
  20. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have 3 Dantalion and that would be a lot of fun but the fact is that light and dark have no weakness. That said both versions of a Gremory are hitting at 144x before rows are added in there so the weaknesses are kind of irrelevant at that point. Gremory slams through everything regardless of color. I'm just always extremely wary of collab and seasonal cards as leaders that don't pair with regularly available cards. The friend leaders tend to dry up in a month or two which always sucks. Rukia and B Myr are kind of the exceptions. So far Noctis is hanging in there for me but it hasn't been that long for him. Hopefully Christmas Grem lasts for you.

bp1976 likes this.