[Team Guide] Hell Eye's Evil Duchess, Gremory

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by *A44, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    What is your latent set-up like for your team (# of SDRs, etc.)? Did you inherit regular Typhon or Anaphon on Grem? I'm leaning toward regular Typhon, but am still trying to work it out in my head.

2. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Anaphon has no inherits. I have Ishida on Gremory. I have Ryune on Halloween XM. I have 2 SDRs each on Gremory, Plum and XM. Not sure about latents on the rest of the team. Other than maybe some time extends you don't really need much.

Faust likes this.
  3. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    I believe we were supposed to hear back about the Grem buffs by the 1st and it's the 2nd in JP. Any word on what they did to our Gremory?

4. Glutes

Glutes Active Member

I guess the GH website says mid January now. According to some.posts on Reddit

Faust likes this.
  5. ronmoho

ronmoho Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the buff but still it's their stupidity to even included her in the buff choice in the first place and now they have to unnecessarily work for it.

6. FatDuck

FatDuck New Member

User ID:
    386 539 319
    *A44 likes this.
  7. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
  8. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Ugh really trying to not get pissed off over the people that overreacted to the 6.5x because of Sopdet who was not an issue AT ALL.

Her supporting God-typing gains her pretty much nothing but Yomi Dragon. The 2 rows are unnecessary when you're already cranking out 144x and likely already have a ton of rows. Bind clear is nice.

Her buff pretty much does nothing but make her a better sub and then some redundant token improvements as a leader.

Faust likes this.
  9. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    I agree...The one thing that drives me nuts about Gremory is the lack of damage she dishes out without an active and the original buff addressed that. Now we get YomiDra (no offensive awakenings and a longer cd that's less system friendly), Eschamali (eats hearts but will get used anyway), and unbindable inheritance options like DMeta (at the cost of a longer cd due to inheritance). The hp is nice, but the rows are largely excessive. The bind recovery awakening is borderline insulting and just makes her a more effective sub on non-heart cross teams, and we didn't get a single TE. It's like they're hell bent on making all player selected buffs shitty and all the buffs that are rolled by their precious founder awesome. This somehow makes me less excited about an eventual UEVO since she now has 9 fricking awakenings. What a mess...

CloudStrife likes this.
  10. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The only buffs I really wanted were a stronger shield or better damage scaling without an active. This doesn't really help anyone. It's not like this stuff is bad but doesn't address the things needed to make Gremory as great as she could be.

Faust likes this.
  11. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah rows with an active and no cross and Sopdet drops like a rock. No issue really.

12. Vahneo

Vahneo Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Can someone give me a good line up for Gremory? Just pulled her in this GF, so far I have:
    - D/L Akechi
    - D/D Panda
    - D/R Panda
    - D/G Okuni
    - Anaphon
    - Plum
    - Yomigon
    I have tested some runs in EEC and so far the most problem is the lack of TE (spoiled a lot by Myr). Also I cannot buy another Plum, so it's out of the question for haste system too.

13. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ignore the TE thing. That's solved by practice. Ana Plum Akechi Awoken Pandora IMO.

14. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

User ID:
    [US] 375 256 244
    PADherder:
    link
    I agree. The time issue is solved with practice.

As a crutch, however, some will use A.Yomi and inherit a board changer on him as transition sub. I did this for a bit and it helped a lot.

15. Glutes

Glutes Active Member

I like this buff. The 2 rows make up for the loss of other rows when you use YomiD. Who is an amaKng sub once we get his UuEvo.

16. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This buff makes her even more viable as a sub. And I will be curious to see how much more damage a row and cross do without an active. Four more rows would be substantially more damage I think.

And I am very happy with this buff, it is even more than I thought :D

17. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    One of the things I've learned from playing Myr and using A. Yomi as a sub is that more time always helps. Ronove has made me a lot faster at crossing, so I rarely run out of time even when I'm debuffed. But, more time is also helpful for clearing orbs to get more useful orbs and additional combos. It also reduces the likelihood of slip ups when I run into enemies with combo shields like dark Zeus and Ronia.

On an unrelated note, is anyone here using 5 SDR? If you are, are you using it on Grem, fast haste like plum, or a double haste like an Ishida inherited sub or an Anaphon? I'm currently farming SDR, and I'm thinking of giving 5 SDR to Anaphon or Plum. Plum is my fastest recharging haste, but a single Anaphon active could potentially get other monsters with 2 SDR caught up.

Oh and we should expect Grem's rank to rise on the tier lists. JP love their unbindable subs, so a chain of YomiDras is going to be a thing. They're already updating their websites:
    Game8:YomiDra/A. Panda /A. Panda/DD Akechi
    GameWith: A. Panda/A. Panda/UUEVO Panda/Plum
    Appmedia: Anaphon/Akechi/YomiDra/YomiDra
    I'm a little disappointed that these updates happened before the actual JP buff, which means that they're 100% the product of theory crafting. I love theoretical teambuilding as much as anyone, but I find prematurely advocating an optimal team based on theory slightly annoying.

18. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm about to pull the trigger on giving anaphon 5 sdr and using her as a sub on my Grem team, but I want to make sure I'm not making a giant mistake. I have the devil killer awakening on Anaphon and have yet to run into Parvati in the arena. @CloudStrife , @grinder , @FXStrato , and anyone else running Typhon or Anaphon, is devil killer a problem for dealing with Parvati? What is your strategy against her? Do you cross without using actives, crosses with sub-attributes, actives without crosses, or what? I'm worried because I know I've unintentionally healed Parvati, while attacking with Saria's fire attribute on a Myr team before.

19. FXStrato

FXStrato Neonine

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I usually just make a single cross and kill with sub attributes. When she makes hearts and wood, I save some hearts, make a cross, and match wood so A. Yomi can get some damage in. If I can save dark orbs, I can match 3 dark and 2 combos and a cross and it works just under the limit. With devil, you are going to go over.

Faust likes this.
  20. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    So since she makes fire and wood orbs, I'm guessing I could manage to slowly wear her down with Pandora and Yomi :) I was asking for help on discord, and someone told me to enjoy stalling 99 turns on Parvati which freaked me out a little. I just don't have that kind of attention span. I'm nearing 300 mp, so I'm open to buying a second Plum or putting in a UUEVO panda instead. I just really like the idea of a super delay resistant anaphon :) I wish gungho let us take back awakenings...my planned dream team at that point was: Grem (Ishida+3SDR)/Anaphon (5 SDR, maybe some bs inherit)/Plum (2SDR)/A Panda (2SDR)/Yomi (Typhon)/friend Grem. I actually finished collecting the SDR for all that today, but wanted to double check that I'm not making a huge mistake with Anaphon.