[Tech Support Request] Moving data to SD Card

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Seiryuu, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Seiryuu

Seiryuu Member

Hey guys, long time no see. Recently I've been trying to install more apps but restricted from doing so due to having "insufficient space" in my Android. It only has 8 GB internal storage and over a GB of it is the PAD app and related data. I've been trying to move it onto my SD card with no luck; can anyone suggest a good file-moving app to free up space on my phone? Thanks in advance!

2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Have you tried to install those apps on your external storage (SD Card) instead? You can set the default path for new apps installation by going to settings -> storage -> tap the "preferred install location" -> change to external storage

3. Seiryuu

Seiryuu Member

I don't think I have that in my storage settings (I'm on v5.1.1). I've always done it by going to the app's info and moving it to the SD card when possible, but the data from the app isn't moving over to it, and that's the thing that's taking up almost 500 MB of space.

4. KeViN

KeViN Well-Known Member

User ID:
    It's possible to move all the game data to the sd card, but it's a little complicated and you need to be rooted.

5. Seiryuu

Seiryuu Member

Oh, it involves playing around with the root directory? Is there a guide to do so? Data's taking almost 300 MB of my internal storage.